• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Be happy if it even gets localized... unfortunately it's far from certain.
they already localized Stranger of Sword City...

So they maybe do the same with this game

But Hopefully MS Support them this time and Publish the game for them in The West

It's for the first time I See a Japanese developer Support the Xbox one in Japan and the west MS should look for them and Support them since Many Japanese developer Did not support them at all in the first place

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
The English Twitter account did say that they were gonna bring it over to the west, I assumed they would bring it over themselves like they did with Stranger of Sword City.

they already localized Stranger of Sword City...

So they maybe do the same with this game

But Hopefully MS Support them this time and Publish the game for them in The West

It's for the first time I See a Japanese developer Support the Xbox one in Japan and the west MS should look for them and Support them since Many Japanese developer Did not support them at all in the first place

I know what they did and said years ago, I was always pretty active talking with them, the producer even follows me... the thing is, they used to have a western view at that time, but seems to be completely over these days, that twitter account doesn't say anything for over 1 year.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can you buy a year of game pass upfront? Is it cheaper?

If I have save data for a game, game leaves game pass, and I buy the game later, I still keep all my progress?

What do we realistically expect Xbox one s to go for in let's say black Friday? Maybe good bundles and for $200?

I missed all of Xbox, 360 and Xbox one, that I might finally bite. I think for gears, halo, ori cup head etc, it might be worth it

But many questions from a non Xbox owner..
Yes you can. I did it when you were able to buy 6 month 50% off. So I bought 1 year in advance. Later they has another offer with 6 month + 3 month for free. My sub ends now somewhere in 2020.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Yes you can. I did it when you were able to buy 6 month 50% off. So I bought 1 year in advance. Later they has another offer with 6 month + 3 month for free. My sub ends now somewhere in 2020.
Mine goes upto mid 2019, but will hopefully top that up as far it lets me. Service is going to be superb (it's already great) by 2020.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Phil said at E3 that of all the new studios Ninja Theory had been working on something for a while, my guess is announce next year.

I do think the next acquisition(s) might be somethings that are further in production, not necessarily announced but something MS can jump on, give the dev and extra 6 months or something and launch maybe,
where did you get that info from regarding ninja theory?
Also, I've heard PD being brought up here, is there like a rumor for it?

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
where did you get that info from regarding ninja theory?
Also, I've heard PD being brought up here, is there like a rumor for it?
Yea, I remember Phil saying that too. I think it was the interview with Geff post E3. Not sure but he did say NT started working on their next project as soon as they were done with Hellblade.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Yea, I remember Phil saying that too. I think it was the interview with Geff post E3. Not sure but he did say NT started working on their next project as soon as they were done with Hellblade.
alright, thanks. Hopefully, we get a tease for it in e3 2019 since it would be nearly 2 years since it was started by then. Also, does anyone think 343i and The Coalition should start new ips? Guerilla games found success with HZD after Killzone, I think something like that could happen with 343 and the coalition, especially when halo 5 and gears 4 haven't been as hot as their main predecessors sales wise. my 2 cents.

Deleted member 35126

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Do we have a Thread about this?

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/yomi-wo...k-fantasy-dungeon-rpg-set-in-70s-to-80s-tokyo

And MS should really Market this Game for the xbox one

Edit:

I Saw the Thread
Why is this an Xbox exclusive? I'm not throwing shade, but there must be some circumstances surrounding it. The Xbox One hasn't sold well in Japan and this seemingly wasn't planned for an initial world-wide release. It doesn't seem like Microsoft is affiliated with it. The concept art looks rad, but it's worrisome that there isn't any gameplay as far as I can tell. For all of Phil's talk, assuming this isn't actually a turd, he should really give this a push or get it on Game Pass.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Why is this an Xbox exclusive? I'm not throwing shade, but there must be some circumstances surrounding it. The Xbox One hasn't sold well in Japan and this seemingly wasn't planned for an initial world-wide release. It doesn't seem like Microsoft is affiliated with it. The concept art looks rad, but it's worrisome that there isn't any gameplay as far as I can tell. For all of Phil's talk, assuming this isn't actually a turd, he should really give this a push or get it on Game Pass.

I take you back to the year 2015, experience decided to help xbox one after being thankful for MS on 360 era, they used to be a niche PC dev in japan and MS helped them on the push to console and so they wanted to help xbox this time around, there they announced the stranger of sword city port which was soon said it was targeting a western release by themselves, at the same time the announced a new game code named, at the time, Students of the round 2, fast forward 1 year that project became YomiHana.. and after some up and downs, change of genre (it used to be a action rpg at some point), setting, mechanics, art style, here we are today talking about that same project that started in 2015 to help xbox.

Deleted member 35126

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
I take you back to the year 2015, experience decided to help xbox one after being thankful for MS on 360 era, they used to be a niche PC dev in japan and MS helped them on the push to console and so they wanted to help xbox this time around, there they announced the stranger of sword city port which was soon said it was targeting a western release by themselves, at the same time the announced a new game code named, at the time, Students of the round 2, fast forward 1 year that project became YomiHana.. and after some up and downs, change of genre (it used to be a action rpg at some point), setting, mechanics, art style, here we are today talking about that same project that started in 2015 to help xbox.
That's so fucking wholesome. I genuinely hope Xbox and Phil don't leave this game to die on the platform.

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if anyone remembers Raiden V but that was a pretty significant shmup that was exclusive to X1 for awhile, I wonder how it did. It probably came out on other platforms by now.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I suspect Obsidian will not want to work with Microsoft again, which sucks, 'cause MS are doing amazing work right now.
If it makes sense to both parties then they could work together again. I remember the CEO saying there were no bad feelings and that MS was actively looking for teams to partner with.

As for Obsidian and Microsoft, whatever bridges were burned now sound repaired, and Urquhart maintains contact. He even says - in response to a question about how hard it is for independent developers to find work today, in an age where publishers do so much more internally - "Microsoft is looking..." which bodes very well.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-raid-obsidians-cancelled-xbox-one-exclusive

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If it makes sense to both parties then they could work together again. I remember the CEO saying there were no bad feelings and that MS was actively looking for teams to partner with.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-raid-obsidians-cancelled-xbox-one-exclusive
In hindsight, this comment seems really interesting to be honest. We can now pretty much conclude that sentence finishes "Microsoft is looking for first-party studios" and MS - in some shape or form - contacted Obsidian at least. Whether or not this resulted in something remains to be seen of course.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight, this comment seems really interesting to be honest. We can now pretty much conclude that sentence finishes "Microsoft is looking for first-party studios" and MS - in some shape or form - contacted Obsidian at least. Whether or not this resulted in something remains to be seen of course.
Makes sense. He wouldn't know they were looking for teams to partner with if MS hadn't already approached them.

Last edited:

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.

HITMAN as preparation before sequel? Nice.
Ryse®: Son of Rome was already in Games with Gold but still nice. Good game. Hopefully we'll get true sequel at the other day.
Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure is such a weak port from Xbox 360 with additional standard controller support. I'd see sequel to Disneyland Adventures as a fully fledged game with great gameplay rated for 16+. Something like Kingdom Hearts but with so many RPG elements and with no Japanese style. There is some potential!
RUINER? Nice! Another game from Poland
22px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
!

I PRAY it's a hint at a Fable 2 remake in 2020 to keep us busy while we wait on Fable IV in 2022.
If they would like to do Fable II remake we would see any announcement on E3 already as a 10 year anniversary of that which will be in October. Same method as they did for Fable or Halo: Combat Evolved. And if they really would like to do that remake, they should delegate that to another studio. Let Playground Games do the new game. Not something what was released already somewhere in the past.

Microsoft is doing great marketing job for PUBG. Even if I don't so much that hype around battle royale and it's now exhausting, annoying because it's going whereever it can and even if PUBG on Xbox One isn't a great game in technical view.

But… I'd like to see that game with permanent exclusivity on Xbox One, not timed (like they're calling this now – Console Launch Exclusive) with fully disc and boxed release, not only digital token card on paper box after 1.0 debut.

fb671e3231668.jpg

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
HITMAN as preparation before sequel? Nice.
Ryse®: Son of Rome was already in Games with Gold but still nice. Good game. Hopefully we'll get true sequel at the other day.
Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure is such a weak port from Xbox 360 with additional standard controller support. I'd see sequel to Disneyland Adventures as a fully fledged game with great gameplay rated for 16+. Something like Kingdom Hearts but with so many RPG elements and with no Japanese style. There is some potential!
RUINER? Nice! Another game from Poland
22px-Flag_of_Poland.svg.png
!

If they would like to do Fable II remake we would see any announcement on E3 already as a 10 year anniversary of that which will be in October. Same method as they did for Fable or Halo: Combat Evolved. And if they really would like to do that remake, they should delegate that to another studio. Let Playground Games do the new game. Not something what was released already somewhere in the past.

Microsoft is doing great marketing job for PUBG. Even if I don't so much that hype around battle royale and it's now exhausting, annoying because it's going whereever it can and even if PUBG on Xbox One isn't a great game in technical view.

But… I'd like to see that game with permanent exclusivity on Xbox One, not timed (like they're calling this now – Console Launch Exclusive) with fully disc and boxed release, not only digital token card on paper box after 1.0 debut.

fb671e3231668.jpg

Do people really want a disc because that sounds like an incredible amount of waste all around

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

Interesting point. Didn't think of it much then. Today now that we know Microsoft is pushing to own more AA studios and there's rumors of more acquisitions imminent, have to assume that Obsidian was at least an acquisition target based on their knowledge before Microsoft went public. Wonder where those talks stand.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
''All Bethesda games day one on Gamepass''

Now that would be insane. ;)
Maybe not day one but somewhere after release, to be more realistic. But not after 3 years, like Fallout 4. That would be great! Especially Bethesda and Microsoft have good relationships since they released first Xbox.

The acquisition are now listed for shareholders.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/acquisition-history.aspx

They weren't a few days ago. This practically makes them complete - minus internal stuff maybe.
Nice one! But without any values, prices of these acquisitions :(

I put this together because I'm a big, huge nerd. Who would you take based on this chart?
Great listing!

Hm… Let me see…

From A Tier they would looking for Mistwalker, Moon Studios, Playdead and StudioMDHR.

Mistwalker because of Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Didn't play that. Not my genre of games, but I saw many responds for Lost Odyssey 2. Probably they are good games.

Moon Studios. They're working with Microsoft from the beginning. They also announced on Twitter a few months ago second new project, next to Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Hopefully will be on exclusively to Xbox as well.

Playdead. We know how much enough Phil likes their games. They were releases first on Xbox. So why not to become Microsoft Studios member.

StudioMDHR. They should Cuphead only for Xbox! :D And release it in the box on disc :(

What about AA/AAA Tier?

4A Games would be great addition! But… Rights to Metro franchise belongs to Deep Silver so…

CD PROJEKT RED? Awesome! But only in dreams :( They should do this before The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. And I'm not sure they would put more than $4 BLN to but them.

CRYTEK? It's possible. And they could use their huge technology which no one wants. And sequel to Ryse would be great.

FromSoftware? No chance! But they could get into the partnership to bring Otogi 3.

Frontier? Nope. They are earning lot of money from Elite Dangerous around all of the platforms. Or if it would like with Minecraft, so ok. ED for everywhere and new projects only for Microsoft.

Insomniac Games? Would be great! And that's probably only one chance to get Sunset Overdrive 2 :D Becasue silly Microsoft let them keep the IP :(

Obsidian? Again. Would be nice! But they have some bad experience in the past: CLICK.

Remedy? This is most obvious team to buy.

But… Let things happen on their own. We can only speculate and that won't do anything. Let be patient and will see what Microsoft wants to do with their gaming division next.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Talking about Asobo, while they are working on A Plague Tale for Focus Entertainment, they seem to be working on a brand new game.

For a producer: http://www.asobostudio.com/careers/producer-43

Others include an online programmer, gameplay programmers, tech artists, graphics programmers, etc and all of those career posts were posted on 14th of June 2018. Could be a coincidence with E3 being around that time. http://www.asobostudio.com/careers

Since they are also working on HoloLens stuff (Young Conker :D), it could be indicating for something along those lines.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I had thought MSs goal was to acquire talent and creative minds, not just any old studio. Not saying Asobo isn't talented or anything but i think their goal with acquisitions is to have world class talent acquired to make that "industry leading first party" they want so badly

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I had thought MSs goal was to acquire talent and creative minds, not just any old studio. Not saying Asobo isn't talented or anything but i think their goal with acquisitions is to have world class talent acquired to make that "industry leading first party" they want so badly

Basically talent and potential is what they are searching for. We've seen quite some devs this generation who showed immense creative potential but got boundaries from either a financial standpoint or a creative standpoint. NT and Compulsion are the two studios which had exactly that problem, but were trying for some sort of workaround.

I think we'll see less "safe" acquisitions in the upcoming months. Like i said previously, i truly feel a shitstorm coming and when they announce their next acquisition. MS wants to have a game dev leading industry and they'll pick the studios that will surprise many.

Oct 27, 2017
I think people miss this when they are speculating. This and studios that actually want to be acquired. Like buying crytek makes no sense because what do they even have to offer you. Ok the other hand noon studios wants to stay independent so they wouldn't make sense either

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Relating to Gamescom: what about MS Line-up?

MS Studios has always treated Gamescom as a more pc-focused conference. Gears Tactics is a very likely thing to get some sort of deep dive gameplay. I doubt we'll see Gears 5 stuff (although Rod is insanely surprising when it comes to showing stuff and meeting people's expectations) and the same about Halo Infinite. Battletoads is probably either too early to show or they really want to wait with it until closer to release.

Halo MCC might get an announcement or some details on how it's been trying to fix the game and working with the community. Forza Horizon 4 has quite some showings for the past weeks, not sure if Playground has even said something about their presence. Turn10 might be there as well for Forza 7.

Age 4 might be a bit too early to show and i'd rather have them wait on showing stuff.

Crackdown 3 is something i don't expect when they've said that they really want to polish the game, but i want to be surprised.

Maybe Ori 2.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
So somebody was just sending me some messages, and he isnt able to post on Resetera just yet (90 day rule), but Aksys is launching a game by the name of Death Mark in Japan for Xbox, Vita, PS4, and Switch.

Adding to that, he asked around, and found out it may also come to Xbox One in the West, but if youre interested in it I would encourage you all to tweet Aksys about it. Maybe if you show youre interested in it, it will be more likely to come to Xbox in the West. Xbox could always use more Japanese games.

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/death-mark-for-xbox-one-launches-october-25-in-japan

Nice, but this is not related to Microsoft Studios.

Do we have a Thread about this?

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/yomi-wo...k-fantasy-dungeon-rpg-set-in-70s-to-80s-tokyo

And MS should really Market this Game for the xbox one

Edit:

I Saw the Thread
jRPG with exclusivity for Xbox One which sells tragically in Japan? Unbelievable! :D
But very nice! :)

Hmmmmmmm. Anyone wonder what the first four years of Scarlett would look like with these acquisitions? Look no further!
Nice fake story! So shame it won't have any reflection in reality. Especially Cyberpunk 2077 is already comfirmed for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Oct 26, 2017
But if no Crackdown 3 at Gamescom, then when? It would be perfect to let visitors play it during that convention. If it's still planned for February or March next year I wonder when they'll start actually marketing it.

I'd love to see in what state the MP now is and of course SP.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
But if no Crackdown 3 at Gamescom, then when? It would be perfect to let visitors play it during that convention. If it's still planned for February or March next year I wonder when they'll start actually marketing it.

I'd love to see in what state the MP now is and of course SP.
If it's a no show at Gamescom, I'd expect them to do something like an IGN First late in the year followed by a Crackdown-centered episode of Inside Xbox. Hopefully there's no escape room this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.