• Wait until a couple weeks before E3

Votes: 226 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Also Klobrille found actual files of crosshairs for the game. It may be early development but I don't think it's fake. It was definitely in some stage of development at least.

For the game or for a game? From what I remember Klobrille said it could be for any project, he only sees the project code names, connections etc. And the rest was speculation.

I agree that MS could produce a Perfect Dark game and pass it on to another studio like they did with KI, but I doubt that what Klobrille talked about is guaranteed to be Perfect Dark, that's all.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I remember Ken Lobb many years ago on some podcast was asked about Perfect Dark and he said there weren't doing anything with it and didn't think a FPS like before would be interesting enough to bring it back so if any plans were happening, it would be something different. Whether that has changed, who knows. Hope we don't have too long to wait.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
For the game or for a game? From what I remember Klobrille said it could be for any project, he only sees the project code names, connections etc. And the rest was speculation.

I agree that MS could produce a Perfect Dark game and pass it on to another studio like they did with KI, but I doubt that what Klobrille talked about is guaranteed to be Perfect Dark, that's all.
He saw something related to "Dark" and saw some files that led him to believe that it was a shooter that The Coalition was helping on (but not the main dev) and he had reason to believe Joanna Dark was connected to it.

So we don't know but we know that there's some shooter with "Dark" in the title that a small team of The Coalition is helping with.

We could maybe see a teaser for it as the ending closer and it would be a Early 2020 game or something (and it would be the only far out game they show).

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
He saw something related to "Dark" and saw some files that led him to believe that it was a shooter that The Coalition was helping on (but not the main dev) and he had reason to believe Joanna Dark was connected to it.

So we don't know but we know that there's some shooter with "Dark" in the title that a small team of The Coalition is helping with.

We could maybe see a teaser for it as the ending closer and it would be a Early 2020 game or something (and it would be the only far out game they show).
I thought the specific term that he saw was "Ms. Dark".

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I think Rare should continue to make kid-friendly games, as that seems to be what they enjoy making and what they're good at. Make games like Banjo, Viva Pinata, SoT etc...

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
wonder who the lucky guy was

edit: ah you edited it

Didn't someone think they were helping with a game based on some guys book that had dark in the title?

I'd rather have PD back but thats what I read earlier.
Dark Tide. It's a horror short story and yes we think they are making a horror game based on it.

The project we think is PD isn't thought to be Dark Tide considering the files Klobrille saw don't match Dark Tide.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft really should surf on that 90's platformer hype and re-release Banjo on Xbox and PC with remade graphics (even on the Switch maybe?). Activision is making a lot of money from Crash and (soon to be) Spyro, they could fructify the IP (they never managed to since they have bought Rare) with literally no effort.

Okay thanks for clarifying.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I hope they bring the age of empires games to gamepass but they should only be playable with keyboard and mouse, as a huge fan of the series it shouldnt be played with a controller, it just wouldnt work, it should be cross play with pc too.

Apr 6, 2018
I remember that last e3 ted timmins from rare talked to an italian magazine, multiplayer.it, saying that after release rare plans to divide in two teams, one dedicated to sot for years, and the other one working on new projects, so we can assume that they'll soon start with the preproduction of their new game. Imho they should left the old ips to other studios, the Killer Instinct 3 was a good example of the potential, and they should soon do a banjo trilogy remastered/remake like Crash and Spyro and Killer instinct 4 with a huge budget after the succes of the former seasons.
And I still hope that the coalition is working on pd3/pdreboot, I love both pd and pdz, and TC it's the right team with their ability with the unreal engine and how fun was Gears 4's gunplay.

Edit: everyone should agree that a viva pinata 3 with avatars should be a thing

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Microsoft really should surf on that 90's platformer hype and re-release Banjo on Xbox and PC with remade graphics (even on the Switch maybe?). Activision is making a lot of money from Crash and (soon to be) Spyro, they could fructify the IP (they never managed to since they have bought Rare) with literally no effort.

Yes. This is such low hanging fruit and a curious miss if they don't do it. I'd agree with a Switch release as well.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
They aren't making a new IP. They're making Sea of Thieves content with a team of 100+ people and it's divided into multiple teams with each team working on different content/features for fast content updates.

There is the incubation team at Rare and shinobi602 heavily hinted they'll be the new IP factory, the entire studio is not working just on SOT.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
There is the incubation team at Rare and shinobi602 heavily hinted they'll be the new IP factory, the entire studio is not working just on SOT.
And he hinted at that years ago. Plans can change. In fact, it's very possible Rare is working on Sea of Thieves for the rest of this generation and Daniel Gallagher's team (if he's leading a new studio, so this is theoretical not factual) could be a new IP factory.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
but that's already Matt Booty's role.

But we must remember that nowadays publisher's aim with thei studios looks like more integration between them like ubisoft and Ea(and we already know that ms does something similar with the coalition and turn 10) instead the traditional structure
Not quite as Matt Booty's also supervises the Shannon Loftis team.

If they are really expanding makes sense to break Matt/Phil's old job in two and a new guy to manage all 1st party studios, and Matt managing Gallagher and Shannon directly

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I redownloaded Halo 5 to play some BTB again and its so fucking good. They really shouldn't ever launch without it again. Terrible idea.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
It should be noted that Jez usually gets info on the hardware related side of MS.

If anything, we should be asking him about the next surface.

:P
We know about it. It's a foldable mobile device (phone, laptop and tablet 3-in-1) that runs full desktop Windows 10 and can essentially run Win32 applications in a UWP container to be revealed sometime this year.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I hope they bring the age of empires games to gamepass but they should only be playable with keyboard and mouse, as a huge fan of the series it shouldnt be played with a controller, it just wouldnt work, it should be cross play with pc too.
I'm all in to have games with only k/m input, but they need to work on having k/m emulation with the controller at a system level.

Kinda like steam. I've played many games with my xbone controller since they released the tool, and while it's not as good as a actual m/k it more than makes the game playable, which is enough for me to still be able to play on my comfy couch :D

Rodneybouch

Feb 28, 2018
If you look at the article publish by xbox news in april about E3 you can see games not announced.

Here at Xbox, we're hard at work getting ready for the big show. We'll be kicking things off with our annual Xbox E3 2018 Briefing, which you can watch live beginning on Sunday, June 10 at 1 p.m. PDT. During the briefing, you'll have a chance to check out everything from in-depth looks at previously-announced games to trailers for our unannounced titles coming in 2018 and beyond. You can watch the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing live beginning at 1 p.m. PDT on Sunday, June 10 on the official Xbox Mixer Channel or on the Mixer app for Xbox One and Windows 10.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/18/xbox-at-e3-2018/#keG7kyDgk7YCxG3e.99

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I think Rare should continue to make kid-friendly games, as that seems to be what they enjoy making and what they're good at. Make games like Banjo, Viva Pinata, SoT etc...

I think I disagree on this one. I wouldn't mind Rare to make something a bit "darker" for once. They haven't made such a game since Perfect Dark Zero.

And he hinted at that years ago. Plans can change. In fact, it's very possible Rare is working on Sea of Thieves for the rest of this generation and Daniel Gallagher's team (if he's leading a new studio, so this is theoretical not factual) could be a new IP factory.

A job listing was found hinting that Rare is hiring for "a new IP". It was even posted in this thread.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't making a new IP. They're making Sea of Thieves content with a team of 100+ people and it's divided into multiple teams with each team working on different content/features for fast content updates.
A 100+ live team has taken over SOT now that it is launched, that has been the plan for years. The whole reason they have a incubation team is to allow for a smooth transfer between projects, Rare with the release of SOT was 218 staff and they continue to hire. That 218 staff doesn't include members of the studio that haven't worked on SOT, like the incubation team which is why Louise O'Connor (Head of incubation team) isn't in the credits. There has also been a job listing for a new IP, this would line up with everything we know from insiders, what Rare has said and how we know Rare is set-up internally.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
A 100+ live team has taken over SOT now that it is launched, that has been the plan for years. The whole reason they have a incubation team is to allow for a smooth transfer between projects, Rare with the release of SOT was 218 staff and they continue to hire. That 218 staff doesn't include members of the studio that haven't worked on SOT, like the incubation team which is why Louise O'Connor (Head of incubation team) isn't in the credits. There has also been a job listing for a new IP, this would line up with everything we know from insiders, what Rare has said and how we know Rare is set-up internally.
Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

Rodneybouch

Feb 28, 2018

218 staff ???? source please ....?

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I wonder if the rumored Joanna Dark(Perfect Dark) is a soft reboot akin to Tomb Raider. Just based off the name this might tell the story of how she gained the legendary 'Perfect' moniker.

Interesting that it's also supposed to be third person. I just hope it's injected with some charm, compelling gameplay, interesting mechanics and a great sci-fi espionage story focus.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I wonder if the rumored Joanna Dark(Perfect Dark) is a soft reboot akin to Tomb Raider. Just based off the name this might tell the story of how she gained the legendary 'Perfect' moniker.

Interesting that it's also supposed to be third person. I just hope it's injected with some charm, compelling gameplay, interesting mechanics and a great sci-fi espionage story focus.

Didn't PDZ already kind of do that? :p

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of thieves has 218 rare employed on it ... Cause on june 31th 2017 they had 112 from 104 in 2016 . It's hard to believe that theyr grown that much in 10 months ....
They have been hiring a ton in the last year, it's been a point of discussion in the thread for a while. Also were did you get the 112 and 104 numbers from? Rare started of small with SOT and has grown to be able to accommodate their 100+ live team, that seems to be the most obvious answer why. It's been their plan for a while, hiring late into development to avoid redundancies as they transfer the teams more than likely.
A lot of folks listed in the SoT credits could be contractors.
Nope thats not contractors, contractors are listed separately.

Rodneybouch

Feb 28, 2018
Coming from a microsof employees profil:

Executive Producer

Nom de l'entreprise Microsoft Studios Global Publishing
Dates d'emploi nov. 2011 – Aujourd'hui
Durée d'emploi 6 ans 6 mois
Lieu Redmond

Central management Sr. Producer / Sr. Producer in publishing / Executive Producer in publishing
Leading teams creating 1st party entertainment experiences for the Xbox One, Windows 10, and HoloLens
Recently shipped ReCore: Definitive Edition, working on State of Decay 2 and several other Unannounced Titles.

Rodneybouch

Feb 28, 2018
They have been hiring a ton in the last year, it's been a point of discussion in the thread for a while. Also were did you get the 112 and 104 numbers from? Rare started of small with SOT and has grown to be able to accommodate their 100+ live team, that seems to be the most obvious answer why. It's been their plan for a while, hiring late into development to avoid redundancies as they transfer the teams more than likely.

Nope thats not contractors, contractors are listed separately.

I take those number from theirs financial book which may be more accurate.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Coming from a microsof employees profil:

Executive Producer

Nom de l'entreprise Microsoft Studios Global Publishing
Dates d'emploi nov. 2011 – Aujourd'hui
Durée d'emploi 6 ans 6 mois
Lieu Redmond

Central management Sr. Producer / Sr. Producer in publishing / Executive Producer in publishing
Leading teams creating 1st party entertainment experiences for the Xbox One, Windows 10, and HoloLens
Recently shipped ReCore: Definitive Edition, working on State of Decay 2 and several other Unannounced Titles.
Nice catch, hopefully we see some of them at E3. The link just goes to MS linkedin, do you know what producer it is?

I take those number from theirs financial book which may be more accurate.
Ah public filings ok, we knew they were 100+ back in early 2017 so we know they have grown a lot since then. Also Craig Duncan in a interview with IGN stated 180 people were working on SOT, so rapid growth indeed.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
About the size of Rare, in interviews leading up to the release of SoT, Craig Duncan said multiple times that the studio is 150-180 people depending on how many contractors they have at a given time.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
About the size of Rare, in interviews leading up to the release of SoT, Craig Duncan said multiple times that the studio is 150-180 people depending on how many contractors they have at a given time.

I think that was a while back, maybe a year or so ago?

LinkedIn Premium data shows they're at 217, but that data is only as good as how people keep their profile up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.