• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
is this the basis of the exclusivity rumour? because if so, lmao

The video isn't serious. He states so at the beginning that he's just having fun and diving into "tinfoil hat conspiracies." The only real thing might be that he's heard some rumblings that From might have a Sci-fi game in development, not that it's published by MS or anything like that, and even then he says he has no idea if those rumblings are legitimate.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Rather unlikely. There have been more rumblings about another Sony exclusive.

Also, FromSoftware's parent company just made an alliance agreement with Sony to expand the power of their consumer games. Seems rather unlikely they would collab with Microsoft for an exclusive under these circumstances.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
People really putting a ton of weight into Phil Spencers shelf now because he had a Series S up there once.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rather unlikely. There have been more rumblings about another Sony exclusive.

Also, FromSoftware's parent company just made an alliance agreement with Sony to expand the power of their consumer games. Seems rather unlikely they would collab with Microsoft for an exclusive under these circumstances.
Despite there not being any substance behind this "rumor", I forgot all about this which makes the likelihood of this being true even more unlikely.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
If we're going by his shelf then I guess a Kojima game is coming too because I think I seen a statue.

He goes over the Ludens statue in the video. The whole video is just him taking speculative guesses about the products on Phil's shelf. It was supposed to be fun and not taken seriously. He even calls everything "tinfoil hat" conspiracies.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling; Prior Infractions for Trolling and Platform Warring
Holy shit, NaCl levels are increasing rapidly in this thread.

People around here can't handle MS news.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's on PC too. I don't want to buy a $500 console to play one single game, but I absolutely would do it if I had to.

Holy shit, NaCl levels are increasing rapidly in this thread.

People around here can't handle MS news.
These types of posts are way more annoying than the complaints, which are always way fewer than these types of posts try to express.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I watch but I thought he made the link between what he heard about the new IP & Xbox. (English is not my first language)

It's understandable, but at no point did he say he thought MS was partnering with From on the sci-fi game. Rather, he said that he's heard rumblings that From Software is working on a Sci-fi game, and then speculated that it MIGHT be an Xbox exclusive if the Sekiro picture on the shelf meant anything. The entire video is just him having fun making speculations, they weren't meant to be taken seriously. :)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
It's weekend Era + rumor fun. Some folks gotta chill. Isn't Era's origins (going *way* back to old places) based on gaming rumors? So Microsoft has a rumor. Big whoops. Relax. Have some fun and pretend it's real like we do for non-Microsoft rumors. Worst case scenario, it's not true, and we wasted some time speculating.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sci Fi Souls by From Software themselves? 👀 I'm interested.
Also, why are some people more interested in the salt this will supposedly bring? Like, you say this is a positive thing and already start with that crap.
I'd buy an Xbox for that ngl
A Series X is definitely something I'll be purchasing within the next 2 years, so yeah I'm in too 👀

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's weekend Era + rumor fun. Some folks gotta chill. Isn't Era's origins (going *way* back to old places) based on gaming rumors? So Microsoft has a rumor. Big whoops. Relax. Have some fun and pretend it's real like we do for non-Microsoft rumors. Worst case scenario, it's not true, and we wasted some time speculating.

But it's not a rumor, it's speculation lol

Not different than "E3 predictions" we do.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Yo can we start vetting sources before making From threads? Only Omni gets stuff about From right, OP doesnt even understand what was said in the video going by this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.