• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yeps! So, can miss out on that. But can always go find new chunks to explore for all that. Plus, the currently explored chunks will have been updated to use the new underworld 64 blocks, so technically the current one will have some of the new cave types then as well.
Ah, nice to hear! I forgot that the new console versions actually have that system and aren't roped off like the old ones lol

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I know it's probably a target age thing and/or the fact that Era is more of a hardcore gamer forum, but it still surprises me how inactive this OT is, considering Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time.

Anyway, I got an idea to look through old SNES/Gameboy games for village build inspiration, because I have fond recollections of some of the towns/cities of that era. In particular I was looking for towns with clean layouts and tasteful designs, and nothing too complicated because I'm still relatively new at this game. It's funny how difficult it is, at least when you're new, to organize a village in a way that isn't too chaotic or too grid-like/sterile.

So far my favorite examples come from Dragon Quest V, and in particular:

Whealbrook
Whealbrook.jpg

Roundbeck
Roundbeck_modern.jpg

Lodestar Harbour
Lodestar_harbour.jpg

Mostroferrato
Mostroferrato_art.png

Stockenbarrel
Stockenbarrel.jpg

I've browsed through maps/images of Zelda and Pokemon games too, but DQV remains my favorite so far. Just nice, relatively simple designs that are pleasing to the eye.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I know it's probably a target age thing and/or the fact that Era is more of a hardcore gamer forum, but it still surprises me how inactive this OT is, considering Minecraft is the best-selling game of all time.
Honestly most OT's are dead aside from a few games with really dedicated fanbases. Rocket league is another huge game and we are lucky to get few posts a week. Same with tarkov.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should see our discord group, it's really dead there lol. But, we are all basically waiting for the big 1.18 update to do a big realm reset. So, that's kinda the big reason why haven't seen much update around here or there.

But, in mean time I joined a local friends realm and have been busy. I'll do some screenshots when i get a chance

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm glad Mojang is trying to avoid crunch, but the split update killed my friend's server as well because everyone is just waiting for the winter.

My gf and I just ended up buying a Realm so we can play together, and that's been great.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
As long as this thread is seeing activity again, might as well spread the word that Optifine finally has a stable release for 1.17.1 with shader support, though not Forge yet.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Wow good timing for me then lol, because yesterday I downloaded Optifine for the first time. I have an upper-mid level PC build yet I was getting some huge FPS stutters/lag spikes while cutting down trees, and through my googling I found out about Optifine and that it supposedly makes Minecraft run smoother. Installed it and my game is running noticeably smoother. Great mod.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Should we add some helpful links to the OP? Could be nice to have some resources/learning materials for newer players. Here are my go-to sites:

Wiki:
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

Reddit
General subreddit:
https://reddit.com/r/Minecraft
Builds subreddit (I prefer this one):
https://reddit.com/r/Minecraftbuilds
Detail subreddit (has a lot of good interior design stuff):
https://reddit.com/r/DetailCraft

Chunkbase Seed Map - great for scouting out seeds or specific things in your world
www.chunkbase.com

Seed Map - Minecraft App

An online map viewer that helps you find new Minecraft seeds and locate biomes, structures, slime chunks and other features in your current world.

YouTube + Playlists - I would love some recommendations for adult-friendly (aka no annoying personas obviously aimed at 13 year olds) Minecraft channels
GeminiTayMC - Tutorials playlist
GoodTimesWithScar - Survival building/let's play playlist
FolliYt - How to Build playlist
Pixlriffs - Survival Guide playlist
Grian - Build School playlist

Instagram accounts
disruptive_builds
iampixelyt
shera_nom
cryptic.builds
rale_design
link_labs
minecraft.luki7

Are there any good Minecraft twitter accounts?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I get a chance this weekend, I'll do a big update for the OP

Jul 26, 2018
I'm enjoying my time playing Minecraft on the Xbox. But I feel like without mods on console I'm missing 50% of the fun :((( I mean you can't even hold a torch on your off hand. Sucks to be a console peasant.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ok not sure if this is the best place for it but here goes.

I have Minecraft for switch, and IOS. Recently my son bought a minecoin card and we added it to the Microsoft account. It registers as redeemed and everything.

except no matter the device I sign in on it does not register the new minecoins.

has anyone here experienced this before?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So I can't install the java version at all anymore. I get the network file can't be reach and I need to point to the installer which doesn't work. What do I do!?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking for this thread (as i dont think i can create one, as ive worked on the project), i work at one of the studios thats is a minecraft marketplace dev, and im really proud of what i have been working in all this past months that disney finally unveiled, and wanted to show it on resetera as a few peopkle really liked the sonic map another studio did.

Im a huge disney theme parks fan so this was a dream come true (always wanted to be an imagineer so this is the nearest im gonna be hahah). Was concept artist and advisor director in the project, and we poured our heart and soul into it.
I can assure you, if theres a ride or some official music missing, its not our fault, sadly theres always budgets constraints for this projects, but i hope that people that also enjoy disney parks and minecraft have a blast polaying it.
Some of the stuff our devs accomplished with the rides is mindblowing for minecraft. All the art team, devs, builders and sound team put our hearts and sould into this project.

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking for this thread (as i dont think i can create one, as ive worked on the project), i work at one of the studios thats is a minecraft marketplace dev, and im really proud of what i have been working in all this past months that disney finally unveiled, and wanted to show it on resetera as a few peopkle really liked the sonic map another studio did.

Im a huge disney theme parks fan so this was a dream come true (always wanted to be an imagineer so this is the nearest im gonna be hahah). Was concept artist and advisor director in the project, and we poured our heart and soul into it.
I can assure you, if theres a ride or some official music missing, its not our fault, sadly theres always budgets constraints for this projects, but i hope that people that also enjoy disney parks and minecraft have a blast polaying it.
Some of the stuff our devs accomplished with the rides is mindblowing for minecraft. All the art team, devs, builders and sound team put our hearts and sould into this project.

Congrats on the release! I saw this earlier today and have been dying to get home and try it out. I just got back from a visit to WDW and have already been wishing I could go back, so the timing on this is funny for me.

You mentioned music; I saw someone on reddit mention for instance that the Tiki Room music is instrumental only without the vocals. Were there weird rights issues or restrictions or such that you guys had to deal with? I find that sort of thing interesting.

What kind of access did you get from Disney to study the ride and park assets to recreate it in the DLC?

Also I understand if you can't/aren't allowed to answer these questions! ha

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool. Congrats on the release, I hope it gets a lot of love.

Congrats on the release! I saw this earlier today and have been dying to get home and try it out. I just got back from a visit to WDW and have already been wishing I could go back, so the timing on this is funny for me.

You mentioned music; I saw someone on reddit mention for instance that the Tiki Room music is instrumental only without the vocals. Were there weird rights issues or restrictions or such that you guys had to deal with? I find that sort of thing interesting.

What kind of access did you get from Disney to study the ride and park assets to recreate it in the DLC?

Also I understand if you can't/aren't allowed to answer these questions! ha
I cant really go into more depth but yeah, getting the rights of music and voice overs is much harder than it seems, even when you work with the parent company. The tiki room voices were a different matter actually, thats why we do have the right for a non lyrics version.
About the study of the rides, we got help from disney, but again without going much in depth, as im a huge disney parks fans and acted as the advisor director, i have ton of imagineering books and and know were to get blueprints from the internet and was faster sometimes than what they sent us hahaha. We also used a ton of ride footage from youtube to make the rides and use google maps to make a perfect size build, as the map is nearly 1:1 from the real thing.

I do have some anecdotes about working on it, like me going through hours of footage of its a small world listening the song for 6 hours non stop, just to help our audio team were to perfectly put all the audio cues in the ride lol

i really hope disney lets us release some of the concept art i made for the dlc, aswell as the map me and my workpartner Marci drew for so many hours in super high resolution (it only 1000x1000 in the game which looks pretty pixelated sadly).

Hooe you enjoy the map when you play it. And please would love to hear your opinions about it :)

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
www.minecraft.net

The Caves & Cliffs Part II Update is here

What are you reading this for? There is so much to explore!

"We were so excited for the second part of this monumental update that we went ahead and prepared some Character Creator items. They will be available for free in Minecraft Marketplace until November 30, 2023, so grab them before that date and spelunk in style forever! "

Anyone know what they are? I am not a minecraft players, but usually tell my friend about minecraft free stuff so her kids can enjoy the free stuff.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all! Our Era Realm is now ready to do a full reset with this new update. With a 2000 x 2000 world border to be used, so that we can easily continue onto the 1.19 with the Deep Dark Cities in the next update. With that in mind, we are looking at 5 possible seeds. You can vote for these on our Discord. (View/Quote the OP for link / invite)

www.chunkbase.com

Seed Map - Minecraft App

An online map viewer that helps you find new Minecraft seeds and locate biomes, structures, slime chunks and other features in your current world.

-2113882999 (A)
-2113882999_A.jpg

460628901 (B)
460628901_B.jpg

1106544378 (C)
1106544378_C.jpg

1122436246 (D)
1122436246_D.jpg

2035109312 (E)
2035109312_E.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Pictures. I don't even know that is new especially since googling is proving to be annoying with to much information that is mostly not if this update.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Pictures. I don't even know that is new especially since googling is proving to be annoying with to much information that is mostly not if this update.

These are just two small corners of the huge newly-generated cave underneath my starter base:

2021-12-01_00.46.25.png

2021-12-01_00.49.19.png

We went exploring outside of our starter island and there was a massive cave system that dwarfed this; it spanned hundreds, possibly thousands of blocks and it was much higher/deeper.

My gf actually doesn't love the new cave generation so far because they're too big for her liking. I love it, but I'm more of the explorer/adventurer type and she's more of a builder.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I want to jump back into Minecraft with the new update being out, but I honestly have no idea what the "version to play" is these days. Last I heard the biggest downside of Windows 10 vs Java Edition was the lack of mod support, but I think Windows 10 version was better performance wise? What is the situation these days?

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
My creeper farm seems to be running much slower now. I've looked up the 1.18 update details but I can't figure out what changed that could have affected my farm.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a recommended ray tracing pack that works with caves and cliffs part 2? I'm looking for something that keeps the original aesthetic. It's so difficult to install this stuff. I wish the packs were available for download inside the client.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Spent another evening exploring and caving with my gf... and tbh I don't know how I feel about the new caves anymore.

On the one hand, I like the variations and am glad Mojang added them. On the other hand, the new cave systems are just so massive, and feel like there's no real payoff to all that exploring. It's just cave after cave with nothing really in them. Hopefully in the future they add more cool stuff to find down there, because right now it just feels like there's a missing ingredient.

I like the new terrain/biome generation a lot, and I LOVE the new lighting/mob spawning mechanic (mobs now only spawn in 0 light). There's a lot of other improvements in this update, so I'm very pleased overall.

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Found this on the feedback page and it explains my thoughts perfectly.

unknown.png

Go on Chunkbase and look up any 1.18 seed and you'll see what they mean. The entire map is now littered with massive caves. My current map has several caves around my spawn base's perimeter that are 5-10 thousand blocks wide. They are way too frequent to the point where just 2 days in I'm already sick of them. I really hope they tone them down.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Update: Now the entirety of the overworld is inside a cave.

It's caves all the way down.

(I actually haven't played since the update, but I do hope it isn't that overwhelming. I do remember thinking the ravines/strongholds back when 1.8 - the adventure update - came out was a bit too much too lol)

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Update: Now the entirety of the overworld is inside a cave.

It's caves all the way down.

(I actually haven't played since the update, but I do hope it isn't that overwhelming. I do remember thinking the ravines/strongholds back when 1.8 - the adventure update - came out was a bit too much too lol)

To give you a visual, this is my seed, with only cave biomes showing:

unknown.png

Those caves are massive and cover damn near half the map. That one north of my spawn is ~10,000 blocks long. They're not exactly hidden either; there's a lot of openings into these caves so the overworld now feels like you're walking over a giant ant colony.

I looked at a bunch of 1.18 seeds on Chunkbase and they're all like this. This is a feature, not a bug.

mr_chun

Oct 25, 2017
Dawg Country
Need a little help. My little Realm that I host for about 10 people is about to do a map reset. I have several players that want to use RTX, but as a console player I do not have PC that can do RTX.

Is there a way for me to create an RTX-enabled world for the Realm even though I can't use it myself? Or am I gonna have to go over to someone's house and use their PC?

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I'm interested in checking out Minecraft for the first time. Would my save file and worlds transfer/be available on any platform I purchase the game for? Like pick up on Switch, play tomorrow on PC, back to Switch the next? Is that how this Better Together thing works?

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in checking out Minecraft for the first time. Would my save file and worlds transfer/be available on any platform I purchase the game for? Like pick up on Switch, play tomorrow on PC, back to Switch the next? Is that how this Better Together thing works?

Better Together marketing was specifically about crossplay. If you want to play on the same world across multiple devices, you would need to pay for a "realm"(Minecraft servers hosted by Microsoft).

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, okay that's cool you can, though! Is that something I can do later even after I've started my Minecraft game? Or do I have to do that upfront?

You can do it later. The way realms work is the owner can upload a world to it and also download the world that is on it. So you can start a world on Switch, upload it to the realm, and then download it to your PC. Alternatively, you can just leave the world on the realm and play online.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, looking for some Minecraft players to compete in a Minecraft Survivor (like the social TV game). It's a TON of fun, a lot of work is put into it. It IS a bit of a time sink (though we work around schedules) and requires a decent amount of social interaction but it SERIOUSLY is great fun. You can take a look at the applications and see if it's something you'd be into :)

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
My son wants to start playing but I don't have any experience with the more modern version of minecraft. Any thoughts on what a good age is to start in on it?