• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say our nether builds are rather lacking at the moment. Priorities are still getting the main over world developed

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure besides the main town portal, I've been responsible for all the portal hook ups. We def need a proper nether hub.

Currently we have the main portals:
Town Portal
Desert Village / Skeleton XP Farm Portal
Wyndstryker Base Portal
The End Portal
Iron Island Portal
Iron Island Gold Killing Portal (closed off)

Am planning on setting up a portal to have quick access to the Ice Spikes biome as well.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
If anything I can make everything white roomed like the spawn portal room and connect it all when i have the chance

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I like the white room to be honest. Feels kinda out of place in the nether of all places. Would love to see something that fits more of the theme of Hell.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Can we map the nether? Is that a thing?
You can map the nether as much as you like

800px-Nethermap.PNG

as long as you like brown/gray static.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do with these DLC worlds? I have literally no idea what the appeal is there? I want new stuff, for my world, new items, new mobs, anything that can add to my personal world/universe. Why should I buy or even download for free, little worlds that other people build? It could be nice to look at and run through, yes, for 5 minutes and then?

I can't do anything with it. :/

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do with these DLC worlds? I have literally no idea what the appeal is there? I want new stuff, for my world, new items, new mobs, anything that can add to my personal world/universe. Why should I buy or even download for free, little worlds that other people build? It could be nice to look at and run through, yes, for 5 minutes and then?

I can't do anything with it. :/

Some worlds feature add-on mobs. Like a rampaging tank. Of course, all tools except 3D skins (which are coming) are free to use and mod.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
News out of Minecon: https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/everything-announced-minecon-earth
TLDR summary:
+ Underwater mobs! Huzzah, there's going to be something down there worth seeing!
+ Some free downloads
+ Weird flying vampire mob from the four options won
– Switch Better Together update and Graphics Pack both delayed.

Fuuuuuuuuu I've been waiting for that damn update on the switch to get back into the game. Guess I'll just start a new seed in the meantime.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is the graphics pack going to come to PC? My boy plays exclusively iPad (no word on that getting any uplift) and there is absolutely no chance I'm grabbing an XB1X for a graphical update to Minecraft. I'd buy the game on PC if it gave him the ability to have the fancy graphics.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Is the graphics pack going to come to PC? My boy plays exclusively iPad (no word on that getting any uplift) and there is absolutely no chance I'm grabbing an XB1X for a graphical update to Minecraft. I'd buy the game on PC if it gave him the ability to have the fancy graphics.
It will. Though that update was just delayed till next year sometime.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Your place looks nice!

Is there not a "quick kill" location set up in the nether, or did you all just want to do it legit? I've never actually done it legit so props for taking on the challenge.

I haven't played in a while, been caught up playing Shadow of War and I also don't have windows 10 at work yet. Hopefully I can find time to get back on. I think the last things I did were getting some sweet enchantments on my gear so I have yet to make good use of them.

Not yet, But since I have 2 more beacons I can now make. I might set one up.

---

Really glad I have Thorns 2 on 3 of my armors. As was next to a giant Magma Cube when game decided to do what it does best and crash.. As I got back the Magma cube was gone, luckily my armor killed it off and protected me. Nearly destroyed my armor doing so though lol. Thank god for mending and my Gold Farm XP for quick fix. I went ahead and added Thorns 2 to my last armor piece to help out. Apparently there is a Thorns 3 too, so I'll prob work on getting that on them all. Will take a lot of XP, but I usually have 50 levels on me most days. With the Gold XP Farm I want to aim for 100 levels, certainly easily possible. Just need to not die.. lol

Deleted member 30411

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Ahoy hoy! Got the urge to play again so I might jump in on the reset realm if that's good? How busy is it these days? I remember back in the days of Booty Bay and Al-Medina. In fact the reason I got the urge was because I was logged into an old google account on youtube and one of my only comments was on a NihonTiger video where he was doing some exploring. Man, I miss that map.

I still have a rar file of I believe the map before it (not really explored it) as well if anyone ever wants to go that far back. I don't think it works correctly but still.

Really wish we had downloads for the other ones as well though. I wouldn't mind exploring Moria on one or the little village of Priest Town I started on the next one. Didn't really play for a good 3 years after that though.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some screenshots of the Gold Farm I recently took. The 1st two are of the Nether side of where the Zombie Pigmen used to come out of. I worked and re-arranged the portals to be in their correct spots. Obviously with the new update that is no longer needed. So as you see in the 3rd pic I started doing maintenance on the overworld side as to make it ready. Looks really funny when turned mostly off, lol. Should have a collection chamber and killing chamber soon.

DPP7GSFUEAAYfz9.jpg:large

DPP7HiaUIAAm4zy.jpg:large

DPP7IuHVAAEwniz.jpg:large

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
At home for thanksgiving so I decided to gift my parents my old launch Xbox one. I decided to put on a little Minecraft and 3 of my young cousins hopped in on their iPads. First time I've played cross platform and I have to say that was pretty magical. I mean there were no invites that needed to be sent, I didn't have to have them on my list or anything.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, I need to play it more with you guys, Minecraft Online, now from almost everywhere is still pure magic but I have too many games and have barely any time for it. :/

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I'm really glad I built some of the auto farms. I place Minecraft on iPad and game on different system. Makes it super convenient.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not the big redstone person, but the one thing I always need to make is flower farms. Red/Yellow/Pink/Magenta dyes becoming super common can go a long way to building options with concrete.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, while the lack of concrete slabs and stairs limits your options, and the colors can be a bit too bold, I'm really liking using concrete. Really cheap material to build with versus terra cotta or bricks or stone.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Progress is coming along with the Gold Farm interiors. The kill chamber & storage area is set up and working. The kill chamber has an option for manual vs auto to use as XP farm (as well as more gold nuggets/etc). The storage area overlooks the kill chamber. So much gold has already been created from this. Already like 30+ full gold blocks alone from like last few days of working on this. The walls & such will still need to be worked on. Thinking of adding a wither skeleton here and there, as well as a few zombie pigmen as wall decorations.

DPqpIGBUQAAxE-_.jpg

DPqpJ5SVAAADDLY.jpg

DPqpLK1U8AAzMte.jpg

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We beat the dragon, and now after hours searching in The End (should have just used a map...). I have an Elytra! Flying around the world is a lot of fun

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Current map status of the End: I have found several end cities. I also lost 2 Elytras now... lol. But I've regained 3 more, plus thanks to all the diamond ooot I basically have all my good armor & tools back.

What happened was that I was trying to map the initial island void, but with no sense of bottom and no cords, I fell out of the map.... And then I found another end city, which had an elytra as well, with lots of diamonds and goodies.. But.. As I was flying around the smaller islands in joy, I somehow fell out of the void again. No idea how this time... lol.

I now know better then to take any valuables into the end with me. I only use iron tools & armor. I also take like 10+ stacks of blocks to make bridges (So I don't need to dig for it), as well as enough paper to make a map (1:3 scale 1024*1024). I also then take an Ender Chest and place any goodies in there that I find at End Cities. So if you find an Ender Chest in front of an empty End City, then it's been raided by me! :)

Screenshot_20171210-175626.png

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So... For the past month, I feel like the only 2 people playing have been me & Jaguarandi. Really looking forward to others coming back again.

So, since I last posted, I finally created and finished the Villager Trading Center. Was a design I created of my own that pushed all the villagers into different spots via water. It's a pretty big building at Industrial Island on the right. Has 32 spots available across 2 floors. Also re-did the church a little, added a simple offering chest that feeds food into the love chamber for more villagers to be breed. Also yesterday set up a new compact / simple auto potato farm and placed a village in it. Will build an adjacent one next to it soon.

Since last month, I've also completed the walls of the Industrial Island. I plan to eventually add some kind of mini towers to it too. I have since used up over 3 double chests of stone to build it all. Small little preview (before the top part pathway was added)

Screenshot_20171221-095516.png

Screenshot_20171221-095434.png

Screenshot_20171221-095401.png

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Are you all playing on a server on your phone? You can do that?

I thought it was offline only for phones basically.

I just picked it up for my iphone 7 plus. Does anyone know how to move stacks of stuff? Feels like I can only move one at a time even holding it down :(

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I use a controller. I def recommend buying the Apple Game Controller. I use the iPad often (along with basically all systems to play this lol), and using the controller is much preferred.

Oct 25, 2017
So, let's get a list going for big build ideas, and maybe try to work out what we'd reasonably need to get each done.

My proposal: We move Wynderia Hills, block by block, to the SE jungle.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
There's reasonable and then there's insane lol. Given how big my area is already. (We're talking about entire HILLS here, not including the structures. Wyndaria Hills alone is like half the size of spawn.). And I'm not even done building it lol.

Although I'm always up to building more bases though. Took me forever to make the northern road to the north jungle and then build that quick outpost.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My suggestion: We build a parallel upside down version of our town in the sky with a purple glass filter in the middle between both to give off that twilight zone feel.

Oct 25, 2017
We should definitely build the rail to the jungle. Once that's done and it's easier to get to, building something in the jungle or a build on the way down there would be cool.

Oct 25, 2017
So.... I decided to go back to the SE jungle to scope it out a bit. Waiting for me were all my parrots, my skeleton horses, and my rectangular house.

I'm home.