• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
i feel really bad that i cant for the life of me get a read on Alexem hes that seems to be the big ticket for today.
Its all giant bricks wall paragraphs and those are kryptonite for me on catch up reads like this, mind just goes to custard and it all looks like snow.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
right im caught up more or less. Much as im going to be caught up at least.

from the skimming iv got Donnie and Melon as town reads, HP as null, chuggs as gut scum, and Alexem as a vast ocean at rest whose depths are not for stan to know.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
im okay with Voting Alexem for the sake of ending the tyranny that a causal reality brings upon the poor souls whoms wil seek oblivion if salvation is too demanding a cause.

thoughts?

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
As much as I should protest against getting mis-killed at this point, I'm pretty much done with this game and wouldn't object to getting put out of my misery. Aside from a burst of inspiration on Monday morning, I've spent over a week now getting dismissed offhand and, I'll be quite honest, I've more or less lost interest. The only thing stopping me from replacing out is that it'd be a lousy thing to do to put someone else in my position. I've seriously considered self-voting just to bring the whole thing to an end, but that would be hideously unfair to everyone else on the town team.

Put simply, there's only so long that you can sit there and put up with being called out for eating crackers like you own the place before you can't be bothered any more.

Day 5 Ends/Day 6 Begins
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The Night Knights continue to close in.

Alexem has died!

Welcome to Nightless Mafia!

You are a Citizen, Aligned with the Sun Sons.

If you are voted out on the first day, you may take someone else down with you.

You win when you manage to eliminate every single member of the Mafia.

DAY 6 BEGINS

Day Ends by Majority Only

Majority is 3

Vote Tool:

https://vote.fireblend.com/510231/#

Players Remaining:
Stantastic
HPSauce
TheChuggernaut
melonrabbit
Donniewahlberg

Oct 25, 2017
feels great to be dismissed last few pages when I was saying it doesn't make sense for alexem to be scum given his actions.

Fair enough. The way the voting was going it was Alex or you though. The people who are town are who are left now so we're going to have to solve now and create some wiggle room or we're done. Where are you at

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Fair enough. The way the voting was going it was Alex or you though. The people who are town are who are left now so we're going to have to solve now and create some wiggle room or we're done. Where are you at

im at work.

i feel pretty ok with stan, l felt decent with malus and looking back there was a bit of burn out with febe that could have contributed to feeling he was off.

HP is all reactionary. just coasting. which isn't a great sign this late in the game.

not feeling great with chuggs. the vote on sneeks was hella strange and then all that dismissal and sand he kicked up towards be suggesting alexem was town while never answering my questions made the whole back and forth feel like a performance.

i also still don't feel 100% about u donnie but for my own sanity i feel ur likely ok.

Today for me it is either chuggs or hp.

Oct 25, 2017
not feeling great with chuggs. the vote on sneeks was hella strange and then all that dismissal and sand he kicked up towards be suggesting alexem was town while never answering my questions made the whole back and forth feel like a performance.

I asked you multiple times what you expected Alex to do in that situation that you think would have been useful and you refused to elaborate on it. I have no idea what you're doing here if you're town but it isn't playing mafia.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I asked you multiple times what you expected Alex to do in that situation that you think would have been useful and you refused to elaborate on it. I have no idea what you're doing here if you're town but it isn't playing mafia.

i did explain and elaborate you chose to all ignore that and give me a just a "no" as your final answer. And cool, if my play style that bothersome that it warns these kinds of remarks than i probably wont play again.

Oct 25, 2017
We're looking for a team of two here. There's had to have been some busing going on so we need to keep that in mind. I don't think HP makes sense as a teammate of Melon. Was clearly trying to get something started there yesterday. Donnie and Melon don't make much sense either with them going at each other all game.

So if it is Melon she has to be teamed with Stan. Melon had a vote there on the day we went nin, but busing at that point would make sense because it looked like we were going that direction. I wish I could say I think Melon is town, but this sudden change of heart on Donnie when that vote really matters seems like a big red flag.

Oct 25, 2017
i did explain and elaborate you chose to all ignore that and give me a just a "no" as your final answer. And cool, if my play style that bothersome that it warns these kinds of remarks than i probably wont play again.

No that wasn't elaborating. I want to know what you think he could have done to buy himself more than a day there, because right now this seems like you were avoiding voting there because you were worried you would look bad

Oct 25, 2017
Also why exactly are you scum reading me for that hammer? If I'm scum I don't give a shit who dies there and I'm not going to draw attention to myself for no reason

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you're trying to draw attention from your place in that vote even though losing a loud voice that had been scum reading was much more useful to you at that point.

Oct 25, 2017
Right here we go. Coming at this from what we can see on day one now knowing more alignments up until present:

Chuggs - Started the Zipped train, never waivers, actively talks shit on Zipped on day one. Was around and could have hammered Hedin but didn't. Zipped also attempted to give weight to Nin's Chugg's vote. Made the same mistake everyone did with Sparks, voted Fireblend. Did briefly vote Sneeks but changed after HP's read that Sneeks was town. Voted Nin at end of day after Nin fuck up, voted Alex then Sneeks on day 4 then back to Alex for day 6. On the face of it, we still need to believe scum team agreed to bus aggressively, loudly to the point of elimination out of the gate when they had nothing to lose yet to consider Chuggs as scum. Chuggs gets the idea going that Zipped was full of it early and generally makes the same mistakes every other survivor makes across the game. I won't read into his hammers on Sneeks and Alex because honestly I would have been tempted to do it too.

HP - HP is quiet on day one (and in general) but smells scum on Zipped and puts Zipped on hammer. Was around and could have hammered Hedin but didn't. Doesn't vote for Sparks, votes Febe and Nin, then Alex, doesn't vote Sneeks, then votes Alex again. Similar to Chuggs, HP put Zipped on hammer when he hadn't said much of anything yet and had no real impetus to do so if he's scum, he would have to be actively looking to boot his partner when Hedin is still totally viable. He actually makes less mistakes by not voting Sparks or Sneeks so he has the best track record for voting town (that we know, since Febe's trial was never completed). Deep paranoia mind says that my above conclusions could have been the entire strategy for a Chuggs/HP team but there's nothing to genuinely go on with it. Plus on day 3 when Chuggs places a vote on Sneeks, HP reads Sneeks as town and Chuggs changes the vote. Sneeks was a quick strong player, maybe it was a moment presented on purpose to look town together but again, it just seems improbable when you look at the actual votes.

Melon - Pushes against Zipped train from the start but never goes near Hedin. Could have hammer Hedin but didn't. Votes Sparks instead, then moves to Zipped right before I drop the hammer. Votes Sparks (and seems pleased when he goes, that always stuck for me), Votes Fireblend, then myself, comes back in on Fireblend at the very end before he would have went to hammer. Doesn't vote for Nin, votes for Sneeks on day 4 after a relatively large argument, refuses to vote on day 5 and even advocates a self vote over voting Alex. I don't think I have to go over all my thoughts on Melon again. I often find her reasoning difficult to swallow or missing. She has it going for her that she doesn't vote for Hedin, but she comes on Zipped at the last minute. I'm still not sure exactly why scum team didn't hammer Hedin, it might just have been the vengeance kill, but we know someone bussed (well I do and I assume Stan would have to have that stance; unless folks think Stan and I could be a team though, its time to accept at least someone bussed) and actively chose not to hammer as they did it. She also sat off Nin which frankly doesn't work well for me trying to look at it objectively because her vote on me was predicated on both Nin and myself looking scummy together. It feels more like a town cred move while her partner pushed the vote.

Fireblend/Malus/Stan - Febe gets the Hedin train going, actively pushes for people to join in the name of pressure while Zipped is sitting on hammer. Doesn't vote Sparks but did give it the thumbs up, votes for Alexem, then Donnie on day 3 before delivering the hammer to nin. On day 4, he votes for Alex again before leaving, Malus subs in and votes for Sneeks instead, then Stan arrives and votes for Alex. Sorry Stan, this is mostly based on a previous you, but if I go through the votes for confirmed town members out of the survivors (admittedly this includes myself) Febe/Malus/Stan vote a town member most often. In addition, they're the only remaining survivor besides myself to have had a vote on Hedin at any point, Febe actually being a primary driver and my reason for voting him on day 3. They were active while Zipped was one off hammer, while strangely arguing for Hedin votes to speed the game up and induce pressure. They didn't vote Sparks but did advocate the vote, they spent all of day 3 and suggested in day 4 that town go after Alex or myself, Alex ofc now confirmed town (sorry Alex). They swung the hammer on Nin which seemed for awhile to suggest a soft town read on them but that seems nebulous looking back. What else would you have done if you were scum? You swing and try and back out of the mess it causes, which Febe did manage. Hard to judge Malus or Stan, only note that they did in fact come up town with their two votes so far. If Melon is my gut scum read, Febe is probably my head scum read. For Febe not to be scum, we need to accept town created the Hedin train all by its own, goaded it by its own with zero input from scum since if there's one thing Chuggs, HP and Melon have in common, they never really weigh in on Hedin at all.

So teams then. HP/Chuggs would be the deep scum paranoid mind team but it involves burning Zipped out the gate and actively looking to be a pair. It's not impossible and if that's what it is well, lol, I'll probably just laugh if I'm being honest but it's not something I can reasonably deduce with my lack of familiarity with play styles from previous games or from what I can see in the thread.

Chuggs has shown willingness to vote relatively early for Febe and Melon as votes built for them and has went back and forth with Melon in the last two day phase. If they're a team, they're making a lot of noise at this point, when they simply could have knocked Alex off and enjoyed the miskill. Same again with HP, it could be distancing but HP offered to hammer Febe before Nin had arrived and could have just left that to him so doesn't seem super likely to have been Febe's partner, and seemed happy to vote Melon last day phase to move the day on. It could be distancing or a bus attempt but it nearly resulting in voting Melon out yesterday and Melon added HP to her list today.

So I end with Melon/Stan. From what I can see Melon almost never interacts with Febe in the entire run from day 1-4. Melon has prodded about Febe's maths and actually uses it as an excuse for a very brief vote on day 3, but it lasts about as long as Zipped's vote on her, which could be some casual distancing. Interesting Febe never actually responds to this vote and in his reads for day 3 after Melon places a vote on him, he describes it as "wild that she could be scum" and discredits Nin's vote on her once or twice. This may be the only time he ever mentions Melon directly, not sure. Melon later comes in late on the Febe vote similar to Zipped which would be an easy bus and floats the idea of Scum Febe elsewhere in days 4-5 but mostly while shading others. This feels like the most probable, logic scum team from where I'm sitting, based on what I can see and who is left. Obviously, I mark myself town in all this, folks will have to decide on that. Incidentally, I drafted some of these this morning to see what stuck later and seeing Melon finger HP/Chuggs and soften on me doesn't feel right at all lol that feels like scum trying to seal the deal rather than get to the next day phase. Probably leaning Melon, pending what everyone else says and whether any genuine holes are poked in my reasoning. Took a lot of time there to try and sieve out all the bias I could. Long post I'm sorry but this may be town's last hurrah if we don't nail scum.

Oct 25, 2017
*Maybe* Stan would make more sense first since if the team is off, it's probably more likely a Stan and someone else team rather than a Melon someone else team at this point, not sure

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Okay Donniewahlberg here's where I'm at. You're basically the only person I trust. I don't think you'd vote the way you've done in the last couple days as scum. I just can't see you doing that as a newbie player.

I'm leaning towards Melon being scum based on my own view of their play and the fact that the last two dead players wanted to vote there.

I don't think Melon and Chuggs are teamed but I do feel pretty bad about him too which leaves me in a conundrum because regardless of how I feel about both one is in my opinion likely town.

I think on that basis I think I'm probably in favour of voting Stan because I think he's likely the teammate of whoever the other scum is. That enables us to vote out both Chuggs and Melon and still win. Of course that's all reliant on me being right about you being Town lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that would potentially be two for Stan, I assume Melon won't feel okay with that (or maybe? I honestly have no idea, best not to assume). I also assume Stan won't agreed with that. TheChuggernaut would you vote Stan? We need three to move the game forward (or for it to end rip) and seems like there's enough cross over there?

Oct 25, 2017
Well. If you two rolled me here lol I'm blaming Melon. Also the irony is not lost on me that we decided on this vote on day 3 until Nin activated *and* Alex wanted this vote for the past 2 days running .

VOTE: Stantastic

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Stantastic has died!

And with that, the Night Knights have achieved their win condition, and take out the remaining members of the Sun Sons.

----------

Donniewahlberg has died!

melonrabbit has died!

----------

And so ends the battle for the control of the skies. The Knights of the Night have vanquished the Sons of the Sun, and as the sun sets for its final time, they smile and bask in the glory of the Eternal Moon, for their Long Night has finally come.

TheChuggernaut has won the game!

You are a Mafia Member, Aligned with the Night Knights.

Your allies are Zippedpinhead (Mafia Member) & HPSauce (Mafia Two-Shot Daykill Member). You may communicate with them HERE.

You win when the number of Mafia Members equals the amount of Citizens.

HPSauce has won the game!

You are a Mafia Two-Shot Daykill Member, Aligned with the Night Knights.

Your allies are Zippedpinhead (Mafia Member) & TheChuggernaut (Mafia Member). You may communicate with them HERE.

During each day, you may choose to kill someone, by PMing the moderator. You only have 2 shots to use, so use them wisely.

You win when the number of Mafia Members equals the amount of Citizens.

----------

Thanks for playing everyone! Tough game for Town, but I hope everyone had fun!