Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Considering that I've made I've stated a few times that I lean town on Sneeks, it'd be a little odd for me to turn on her now, don't you think? She may well have me fooled, we all know it wouldn't be the first time, but I don't see the point in voting out someone that I feel more confident about flipping town.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Sometimes I really wish I could edit my posts in these games - drop the 'I've made', I was going to say 'I've made it clear' but changed my wording partway through.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Sawneeks (3 votes)
Melonrabbit - #620
malus - #745
Donniewahlberg - #749

Alexem (3 votes)
Fireblend - #568 #711
TheChuggernaut - #602
Sawneeks - #681
HPSauce - #717

malus (1 votes)
Alexem - #716

Melonrabbit (0 votes)
Donniewahlberg - #576 #749
Sawneeks - #641 #658

Fireblend (0 votes)
Alexem - #582 #716

Post Counts:
Donniewahlberg: 67 Sawneeks: 48 Alexem: 32 malus: 26 HPSauce: 18 TheChuggernaut: 15 Melonrabbit: 13 Fireblend: 13

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really paranoid of Neeks, but she's been driving discussion in a way that not many people are in this game and I just don't see her being scum here. I think Alex is the move.

Oct 25, 2017
I found Fireblend's reaction when he was in a similar spot to Alex here to be a lot more natural. This feels like scum trying to hold off on a flip because they know it's going to make them look bad tomorrow. If he's town there's no reason for him to be hanging out off wagon here because he can't be sure of her alignment

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn trying to flip me while I'm sleeping? Low blow.

Please don't hammer give me a second

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you all want to flip me to ease your conscience then go for it. Just remember the next day phase to go for Alex and then melon. Despite Donnie jumping over to me I still think he's town and it kind of falls in line with his current theory between melon and myself. I've already said how melon has an awful case against me and doesn't make any sense. She also never came back and clarified it.

Alright I'm mostly caught up.

I just can't really Scum read Alex after that reread. His votes are pretty terrible, but how he behaves in the thread just doesn't feel Scummy at all.
Most interactions between Sneeks and Donnie feel kind of strange. They're not really questioning each other or really engaging. The only thing giving me pause is that big post from Donnie about Melon and Sneeks, but he mostly used it to push Melon and hasn't really gone for Sneeks.

Donniewahlberg how about going for Sneeks today?

Gonna go with my gut here:
vote: Sawneeks
How is Alex not behaving scummy in this thread at all? You even admit that his votes are really terrible but somehow his actions in the thread so far have negated that and instead you're voting for me?

Maybe move malus back up as possible scum with Alex.
Considering that I've made I've stated a few times that I lean town on Sneeks, it'd be a little odd for me to turn on her now, don't you think? She may well have me fooled, we all know it wouldn't be the first time, but I don't see the point in voting out someone that I feel more confident about flipping town.
And chuggs just said this but this absolutely looks like someone who's more concerned about how I will flip town and it will reflect poorly on them. This does not look like a townie who has the option of flipping their paranoid read. This looks like a scum player who is throwing shade in my direction, knows I'm going to flip town, and doesn't want to be caught on that.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I've already said how melon has an awful case against me and doesn't make any sense. She also never came back and clarified it

i have several times u not liking it is a separate thing. I have said multiple times i don't like how u handled the nin stuff and you continued to brush that off and never address it.

I don't really have much to say beyond that you continue to not address it. And i don't feel like endlessly looping.

as far as not coming back, i was busy and between you and donnie getting far too involved in my personal life: annoyed and frustrated.

that said, im catching up now. i feel better about malus v febe play but i think it is too early to say. also bit rude to kick a replacement day one. wanna think about this for now.

donnie insistance on hammering again was weird as is this back and forth between chuggs and alexem.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
spongebob-coffee.gif

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Yeah that's what I thought lol. This is nonsense someone hammer Alex so we can move on for the love of god

yall have created an scenario where there is negative incentive to hammer.

town flips town. everyone is turn on that person hammering as scum. town flips scum? must be busing and same result as scenario a. scum flips scum is exactly the same energy.

guess we just live here now.

Oct 25, 2017

town flips town. everyone is turn on that person hammering as scum. town flips scum? must be busing and same result as scenario a. scum flips scum is exactly the same energy.

guess we just live here now.

fucking fine i'll do it. i think i'm going to lose my mind if we stay in this day phase any longer

Vote: Sawneeks

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Sawneeks (4 votes)
Melonrabbit - #620
malus - #745
Donniewahlberg - #749
TheChuggernaut - #772

Alexem (2 votes)
Fireblend - #568 #711
TheChuggernaut - #602 #772
Sawneeks - #681
HPSauce - #717

malus (1 votes)
Alexem - #716

Melonrabbit (0 votes)
Donniewahlberg - #576 #749
Sawneeks - #641 #658

Fireblend (0 votes)
Alexem - #582 #716

Post Counts:
Donniewahlberg: 69 Sawneeks: 52 Alexem: 35 malus: 28 TheChuggernaut: 21 HPSauce: 19 Melonrabbit: 16 Fireblend: 13

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 4 Ends/Day 5 Begins
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Time marches on, but will the Sun Sons?

Sawneeks has died!

Welcome to Nightless Mafia!

You are a Citizen, Aligned with the Sun Sons.

If you are voted out on the first day, you may take someone else down with you.

You win when you manage to eliminate every single member of the Mafia.

DAY 5 BEGINS

Day Ends by Majority Only

Majority is 4

Vote Tool:

https://vote.fireblend.com/510231/#

Players Remaining:
malus
Alexem
HPSauce
TheChuggernaut
melonrabbit
Donniewahlberg

Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. Sorry Sneeks, I should have stayed on Rabbit lol

I'd be happy to go with what Sneeks wanted and do Alex then Rabbit, but I'll understand if I get hard turbo'ed for going on Sneeks from Rabbit.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
So we're really doing this again? Fine, I'll pick up where I left off.

VOTE: malus

Febe/Malus is still my top suspect. At the moment, I'm leaning towards Donnie as the other team-mate.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
God damn it. Sorry Sneeks, I should have stayed on Rabbit lol

I'd be happy to go with what Sneeks wanted and do Alex then Rabbit, but I'll understand if I get hard turbo'ed for going on Sneeks from Rabbit.

im very confused why you would jump to alexem. just because sneeks was a townie doesn't mean she is right in her reads. u have been confident I have been scum all game. seems a off-brand move to go with alexem today over me.

Oct 25, 2017
im very confused why you would jump to alexem. just because sneeks was a townie doesn't mean she is right in her reads. u have been confident I have been scum all game. seems a off-brand move to go with alexem today over me.

Hey if folks want to finally vote you this day phase, I'll be happy to do it. I can't get traction while Alexem is on the board though and your argument with a confirmed town Sneeks makes Alexem fairly plausible enough as your partner for it to be an acceptable option before that. I still think you're the scummiest player in the game and everything I threw at you last day phase still applies. Sneeks put me back in her PoE almost immediately after I voted you, I made a bad call looking for connections and I'll own that but everything on you still applies.

Oct 25, 2017
anyway, i feel and have felt good about alexem. I believe their push to be sincere.

VOTE: Donniewahlberg

ok? I still think alexem has been more solid than u or donnie over the course of the game.

i haven't ignored him? i stated before i see him as town. multiple times.

i felt febe would be more informational upon reflect.

All of this gives me enough to reason to vote Alexem this round, now that I can read Sneeks as confirmed town.

And on Alex, I'm drawn back to this post Here where he actively misinterprets both if his reasons to put a vote on me (and keeps thenvote anyway) while going after Sneeks at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
donnie insistance on hammering again was weird

u were the one that hammered.

Any chance we can make our mind up on this?

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I think at this point, it's clear to me that I'm wasting my time pushing for a malus vote. If that's the case, I'll have to consider the alternatives.

Let's say that I've been off-track with Febe/Malus. That would mean scum were definitely stacking on Zipped in D1. Chuggs placed his meta vote for Hedin at the start of the game, but didn't take long to move it to Zipped, being the next to vote for him after Hedin. Would scum!Chuggs be willing to place a bus vote for Zipped that quickly? Going the other way, Zipped came out against Melon and Chuggs and voted accordingly - first for Melon, then changing for Chuggs. He argued that both were trying to deflect his suggestions. By that time, Zipped had five votes on him, so is it possible that Zipped was looking for distance in case he was hammered? However, Nin then withdrew his vote - he would later re-cast his vote for Chuggs, which Zipped followed up. To me, that feels more like Zipped was hoping for an opportunistic train to get rid of someone who had questioned him, rather than a bus. The vote certainly couldn't have been co-ordinated, since Nin was town.

After that, Sneeks asked if anyone would be interested in moving from Zipped to Hedin. Febe was OK with his Zipped vote, while Donnie was open to moving his vote to Chuggs, who he thought might be linked to Hedin, depending on whether votes stayed on Chuggs. Lest I get accused of actively misinterpreting him, here's the full quote again:
I see Chuggs and Hedin linked enough by the same logic that I would move from where I am, but mostly because there's votes on both. Playing the numbers game, I would be supporting town by larger than just a potential majority of 4 on Zipped (if that's where scum votes are pooled). If they're pooled on Hedin, then the extra votes on Chuggs at least tell me more of town is confident this is the way we should go and it's not just a half and half between town and scum.

That's really the grounds I would move on. I've felt confident for awhile Zipped's flip either way would tell us the most about the day's discourse but I want to support the team and keep the team as in control as possible over mafia. So I would move as long as the votes that are on Chuggs, stay on Chuggs. If the people on Chuggs move over anyway than its back to being a wash between the two and I'm not sure I see the point in moving then.

Hopefully that all makes sense.
Twenty minutes later, he votes for Hedin to "support the majority of town" - his words (post 289), even though nobody else had voted for Hedin in that time. (The active voters on Hedin at the time, incidentally, were Febe, myself and Sawneeks.) Sparks would later place the final vote for Hedin, bringing him to hammer point. As Hedin observed:
I was finding it somewhat interesting that I was 1 away from majority for over 12 hours and no one hammered (I thought about it myself just to move things along but town wouldn't have gotten the full info from that). EIther scum was afraid to put the hammer down or they were already mostly on me.
The five active votes came from:
  • Fireblend
  • Myself
  • Sawneeks
  • Donnie
  • Sparks
We know that Sneeks and Sparks were town, and I at least know that I'm town, even if there isn't much agreement with me on that one. That would leave Febe and Donnie as the unknowns. Was Hedin right about scum stacking on him at that point? Donnie was first to withdraw his vote, citing that he wanted the interactions between Zipped and Hedin to be addressed. Sneeks then moved to Zipped. HP had voted for Zipped much earlier and stayed there, feeling that Zipped had been trying to influence the reaction to ATP's kill. Following Sneeks's move, Melon then voted for Zipped before Donnie hammered him.

At least one of the votes on Zipped at the end of D1 had to come from scum, and if malus is town, both of his team-mates must have bussed him. That would limit the pool to Chuggs, HP, Melon and Donnie. In that situation, I'd expect one of them to have laid down an early vote, while the other joined them once it looked as though Zipped's cover was blown. Timing-wise, that would imply the initial vote came from Chuggs or HP, while the credibility vote came from Melon or Donnie. Both of the latter had already voted for a player we now know to be town - Melon on Sparks, Donnie on Hedin. Assuming that Zipped's vote for Chuggs was opportunistic, then HP's vote could come into question. As things stood, both Donnie and Melon's votes could also be suspect.

Going into D2, the general mindset was that Sparks was a likely candidate - there had been enough doubt in the room about him in D1, but only Melon voted for him. Sneeks initially voted for Nin, before Hedin voted for Sparks and Sawneeks switched to join him - Hedin was then killed and the votes were reset. Following that, Sparks was turboed, the order of voting being myself, Sawneeks, Chuggs, Melon and Donnie. Sneeks and Melon's votes were consistent with their willingness to take out Sparks in D1, while Chuggs was growing dubious of Sparks and Febe. Febe didn't cast a vote, but didn't object to voting for Sparks:
I agree it makes the most sense to flip people on the Hedin train though, and Sparks is a good enough choice. He did seem to be defensive of Zipped.
HP, although around to post, was off the vote completely. That said, I don't think it's entirely fair to hold that against him in light of an early-day turbo. Again, Melon and Donnie came in with the last couple of votes. At around the time of the Hedin kill - given the timing, it would have been written before the kill - Donnie gave his justification for the switch back to Zipped on D1:
I'll take that. I honestly feel vindicated by the result, I only switched to Hedin in an attempt to be pragmatic and benefit town to move on. The switch had caveats and I pulled my Hedin vote as soon as I noticed the oddity with the numbers. I feel like I was on track with Zipped from very early on, however I think it's prudent to come into day two with an open mind on everyone again even as we begin to draft up our list of reads and to that end, I'm totally okay with being under any level of scrutiny.

In D3, a few options arose. Melon opened by going after Febe, I aired my doubts about Donnie. The train for Donnie didn't really take off, although Melon and Febe followed my vote for him. In the end, Febe reached hammer point - however, this was stopped when Nin typoed his vote. Let's go over the votes for Febe in order:
  • Melon - was later moved to Donnie.
  • Sawneeks - moved to Nin after the typo.
  • Donnie - moved to Nin after the typo.
  • Chuggs - moved to Nin after the typo.
  • Melon - moving back from Donnie before the typo.
  • Myself - switching from Donnie after the typo.
  • Nin, after his typo.
HP was ready to vote at hammer point, but wanted to hear from Nin first. After the typo, Melon backed Nin up, feeling that it was an honest mistake, while I thought Febe would be a more informative flip and Nin's vote was self-preservation. This is the point where I started to feel more certain about Febe. To me, the train on Nin felt like an opportunistic swerve towards a mis-kill, hence I thought Febe was being defended.

D4 is still fairly recent, so we know how that turned out. Sawneeks and I were pitted against each other - at least that's how the day turned out. Malus led the move towards Sneeks, followed by Donnie and Chuggs. Prior to that, I'd been the prime suspect, with the only vote for Sneeks coming from Melon.

I'm going to be very honest, here - I came into this write-up expecting to confirm how I felt about Donnie. Having gone back over the votes, though, it's not Donnie that sticks out to me now - it's Melon. On both of those first two days, it was Melon and Donnie who cast the last two votes. Would they be so cocky as to act together? That seems unlikely, so I can't see them as team-mates. What really hit me, though was the timing of post 381 on D2, where Donnie explained his voting on D1 in detail. It's a long post and must have taken some time to write - and it was posted just two minutes after Hedin was killed. Why the hell would Donnie go to all that time to write a big long post like that, involving his take on the Hedin situation, if he knew that the kill was right about to go through? OK, it could have been a big bluff, but I find it more likely that if Donnie were scum, either he would have put the post up well before submitting the kill, or put a different post entirely up after the kill to specifically shade the Hedin posters. But he didn't - he posted right as the kill went through, and if he were scum, he'd have been expecting Natiko's modpost and could have planned for it.

So if that casts Donnie in a town light, it's hard for me to see Melon in the same way. The vote for Donnie could have been on the back of mine in the hope that the train might take off, and that push against Sawneeks yesterday may have been because she saw her as a much bigger threat than me - especially if she felt that I was in her pocket. The pushes against Sparks would certainly look different, and her defence of Nin could be taken as a play to get town credit. Was she intentionally staying away from the Hedin train on D1 and using Sparks as cover, and were she and Zipped intentionally distancing themselves?

With all that said, then, I think I have to move to Melon now.

VOTE: Melonrabbit

Let me make it clear - I still don't know what to make of malus, and if Melon's scum, I wouldn't rule out looking at HP. But since I'm clearly fighting a losing battle pushing for malus now, this strikes me as the next best measure. Take it as you will.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Hey sorry for ghosting so long. I've been sick all day and looking at a screen makes me almost vomit, so I've asked to be replaced.