• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
also if i get suddenly shot at the start look into chuggs and dont let him go

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (6 votes)
MrHedin - #98
TheChuggernaut - #99
Donniewahlberg - #102 #289
nin - #189 #251
HPSauce - #246
Sawneeks - #348
Melonrabbit - #350
Donniewahlberg - #354

MrHedin (3 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #49 #99
Fireblend - #92
Alexem - #162
Sawneeks - #242 #348
Donniewahlberg - #289 #335
Funky Dude Sparks - #301

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
nin - #263
Zippedpinhead - #264

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
Melonrabbit - #148 #350

Sawneeks (0 votes)
Funky Dude Sparks - #203 #301

Melonrabbit (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #171 #264

Post Counts:
Melonrabbit: 61 Sawneeks: 50 Funky Dude Sparks: 45 Fireblend: 44 Donniewahlberg: 41 nin: 40 TheChuggernaut: 32 HPSauce: 31 MrHedin: 29 Alexem: 26 Zippedpinhead: 21

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 1 Ends/Day 2 Begins
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The Sun Sons would not take this threat to their eternal sunshine lightly. After much deliberation, they circled in on Zipped.

Zippedpinhead has died!

Welcome to Nightless Mafia!

You are a Mafia Member, Aligned with the Night Knights.

Your allies are A MYSTERY. You may communicate with them ELSEWHERE.

You win when the number of Mafia Members equals the amount of Citizens.

DAY 2 BEGINS

Day Ends by Majority Only

Majority is 6

Vote Tool:

https://vote.fireblend.com/510231/#

Players Remaining:
MrHedin
Sawneeks
Fireblend
Alexem
HPSauce
TheChuggernaut
Funky Dude Sparks
melonrabbit
Donniewahlberg
nin

Last edited:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: nin

jusr by going over the votes and seeing his weird swerve to zipped, backs off on to chuggs, and even comments again about how long the day is but doesnt shift back to zipped.

this also clears hedin pretty well unless they bussed hardcore but im not that paranoid yet. chuggs too.

would also vote sparks for his complete defense of zipped and ignoring that vote.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Vote: FDS

Town does not come in and just say "shit" when they see that votes moved away from someone in a hammer position and back towards someone who ended up being scum. Also never even explained the vote against me.

Febe gets a little side eye from me currently as well.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
cheers-true.gif

Idk if im excited about flipping scum or it finally being day fucking two.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
i expected nin's unvote to have more push back at the time, didnt

Town does not come in and just say "shit" when they see that votes moved away from someone in a hammer position and back towards someone who ended up being scum. Also never even explained the vote against me.

Febe gets a little side eye from me currently as well.

the reaction to ATP was the same.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
reread a bit up until page 4. Hedin/Chuggs both come out looking like solid town since they immediately went after Zipped and his narrative and didn't let it go. Would be shocked if they were scum.

Some notables from Zipped. He does paint the 'people who were here early' as a group to attack and vote out systemically and I'm unsure if a scum!zipped does that to all his teammates. It's possible that 1 person here is scum with him but it's unlikely there are 2. This soft-clears Alexem, HP, Febe, and Donnie. Hedin and Sparks come in later and are mentioned by zipped but that's also the post where he backs down from. WIFOM heavy but it's a thing.

ok, so we have to figure out. ATP just died. Does that mean someone showed up just to kill ATP and then will ghost the thread.

OR is it someone who just killed ATP and then won't actually join the discussion for a while

or is it one of us? there aren't many here at day start, Maybe we just start down the list.

Or someone killed ATP and then comes in and tries to throw in some misdirection.

LIke your vote on Chuggs? or is that a Meme, I only sorta followed Nier so I really don't know.

The killer is either here or they aren't, voting on the players who were here when ATP died is a viable strategy. Gotta be online to send in the kill, why not be in the game thread posting too?

I see where you are coming from, but come on there wasn't that many people Alexem, HPSauce, Fireblend and Donniewahlberg with MrHedin and Funky Dude Sparks being here right afterwards.

wait, I guess those and me is still half the players... maybe I do see your point

one other notable i saw was this post from sparks that just sticks out. I remember it being odd at the time but figured it was sparks being sparks. however, with zipped now flipping scum i'd be willing to bet he mentions zipped/febe together and gives them 'the benefit of the doubt' because they are scumbuddies. if we flip sparks today and he is scum i'd say go for febe.
Not ready to commit to a vote for either chuggs or melon until there's more poasts

and I'm giving zipped and febe the benefit of the doubt because 🤷‍♂️

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Another post tying Febe - Sparks - Zipped together even though there are '3 people who are active and have no posts'
5 people yet to vote. Of those, 3 have barely posted, but IMO neither Zippedpinhead nor Funky Dude Sparks have an excuse not to have a vote down atm, having been decently active so far (Sparks much more so).

Again, this is a game with no surprises, it all comes down to votes and reads and chance so let's see them.

Febe also makes 3 posts throughout the day saying he can go for Zipped but never takes the initiative to vote there.
I'm sure! Lunch! Lunch! Lunch!

I'll even vote zipped if it moves the game forward. Come oonnnn
Honestly I'm ok with Zipped too. We need more info and at this stage we're not gonna get anywhere without a flip. Enough people have chimed in on Zipped that his flip might help us start constructing a semblance of direction.
At this point I think both Zipped and Hedin are good choices and I really want the day to end lol.

I will say nin also came in and defended Zipped indirectly by calling out those who voted against him, namely hedin/chuggs. The only thing that really gives nin some leway here are two things;

A) he votes for zipped and ties him with hedin. hell of a thing to do as a scummate
B) moves off of zipped and on to chuggs. immediately after that zipped follows him on to chuggs. scum buddies acting that openly to start another train? possible but unlikely.
MrHedin aswell as TheChuggernaut join forces to vote Zipped because...."Everything he's putting down just feels like pointless speculation"

1JMb.gif

wait what. @Donniewahlberg joins the voting train, his reasons ?

Well how about not shaking at all ? Since we have not played before i will hold my jugdgment but my initial judgment would be piggybacking to the max.
Sad thing is, at this stage it feels like it will either be a lunch between zipped or Hedin.

Both suck and I expect if either of them gets voted out drags the other with him and if will be a -2 Town loss. Ofc I cannot be 💯 sure but it feels wrong.

Would love to put forward another player.

Vote: TheChuggernaut

As of now, nothing has impressed me. The way he has been coasting comes off as someone who knows he will not get voted out.

Pressure is the name of the game.

I could get behind a chuggs vote. My read is that Melon and Chuggs didn't like my argument and it felt… what's the word…. Deflecting? No, some synonym of not-genuine. Andy vote on melonrabbit could have already been a chuggs vote if the coin had come up the other side.

vote: Thechuggernaut

I did find another instance of Sparks getting surprised/reactionary to people voting zipped.
You know what, Lets put in more pressure

Vote: Zippedpinhead

was this vote put down for strategic reasons ? Yes

Will i change it ? Maybe

HP also gets a good town clear for pushing zipped above hedin with this vote. at first i was unsure about him since he kept saying he'd vote zipped and never does but when he finally votes, it's a good push.
I'd like to be more active but I'm working lol. Once I finish at 5 and Tomorrow/Tuesday I'll be able to contribute more. I'd hoped Zipped would come back and do something to shake my view of him but that hasn't happened. Maybe putting him one off hammer will prompt a reaction.

Vote:Zippedpinhead

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (5 votes)
MrHedin - #98
TheChuggernaut - #99
Donniewahlberg - #102
nin - #189
HPSauce - #246

MrHedin (3 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #49 #99
Fireblend - #92
Alexem - #162
Sawneeks - #242

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Melonrabbit - #148

Sawneeks (1 votes)
Funky Dude Sparks - #203

Melonrabbit (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #171

Post Counts:
Melonrabbit: 46 Funky Dude Sparks: 35 Fireblend: 33 nin: 31 TheChuggernaut: 23 Alexem: 19 Donniewahlberg: 18 Sawneeks: 18 MrHedin: 15 Zippedpinhead: 15 HPSauce: 13

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sparks is scum go to Febe. If it's not Febe then I'd bet nin.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm very curious about why Hedin didn't get lunched when he was 1 vote away from reaching majority in the scenario that there was a second scum member off-train. I can maybe see Zipped being scared of becoming a suspect right away, but if that second off-train member existed I don't know what they were doing. Did they see Zipped as a lost cause? Hedin could be scum himself I guess.

That kinda makes me see nin in a better light.

I agree it makes the most sense to flip people on the Hedin train though, and Sparks is a good enough choice. He did seem to be defensive of Zipped.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
After that, it's hard to deny that the Chuggs shading from yesterday looks shady. I'd also be OK with taking this opportunity to resolve the Sparks question, though with a couple of votes on him already I won't take him to the halfway mark before we've even had a chance to talk. In any rate, I could see him as being a scum partner keeping his distance (which would line up with Donnie's suggestion that there might have been two scum stirring the pot while the other stood back). I also note that, like Zipped, Sparks didn't post until after ATP was killed. To me, the case for a Sparks vote is stronger than it was yesterday.

If the Chuggs push was an attempt at taking votes away from Zipped then that could count against Nin, although Zipped might have tried to use an honest vote from Nin as a starting point. I'm feeling better about Chuggs and Melon now, and it seems like a push to think of Hedin and Zipped as scum partners trying to bus each other for clout - it's not impossible, but feels too risky to be realistic with such a small scum team. I think Donnie's takes on D1 were genuine, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, although a more un-charitable view might be that he could have swung back to Zipped for credibility - given that his first vote was for Zipped, though, I think that's nothing more than WIFOM talking.

Not sure what to make of Febe - I've not felt any major warning signs from him, but I could consider him as one to watch depending on how things turn out. (For me, the question would be if I fell for a trap in voting for Hedin, though I was mistaken in thinking that the run of votes for Zipped looked dubious.) As it stands, though, I don't have much aside from the Hedin vote against him. That would leave Saw and HP, both of whom could go either way for me. I was a little uncertain of HP earlier on in D1, but that was more of a gut feeling than anything concrete - not enough to base any serious accusations on.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh. Ohhhhhh.

Zipped was indeed scum.

Ehm yeah does not make me look that good in hindsight. Well, i really thought it was chuggs and hedin going after poor zipped.

Am I correct in assuming that there won't be another kill after a vote, since that only applies to town players and only on D1?

Furthermore let me state that with zipped gone i will or would also go after FDS.

Want for have my thoughts put down first though

Oct 25, 2017
I think Donnie's takes on D1 were genuine, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, although a more un-charitable view might be that he could have swung back to Zipped for credibility - given that his first vote was for Zipped, though, I think that's nothing more than WIFOM talking.

I'll take that. I honestly feel vindicated by the result, I only switched to Hedin in an attempt to be pragmatic and benefit town to move on. The switch had caveats and I pulled my Hedin vote as soon as I noticed the oddity with the numbers. I feel like I was on track with Zipped from very early on, however I think it's prudent to come into day two with an open mind on everyone again even as we begin to draft up our list of reads and to that end, I'm totally okay with being under any level of scrutiny.

I've been going over the day one posting and various lists I had made as we went, and Zipped being scum does immediately lead to looking at Sparks, I think it would be hard for anyone to deny that. He's in a tough spot now and I'm interested in his thoughts. I do think the result makes Chuggs, Melon and Hedin look pretty good.

I'm still wondering about the fact scum had the Hedin vote one off with a scum off train for over half a day and didn't act. It seems like the scum team agreed Zipps would focus on Chuggs or Melon all day to the end, staying on the Chuggs vote to lay the ground work and staying clean of the Hedin vote regardless of the situation. He never once engages Hedin all of Day one after Hedin votes for him and the Hedin train builds. If Sparks is scum, Sparks...pretty much just goes after Chuggs and Melon too, similarly narrowing the focus to Chuggs as he goes. So my guess (unless Sparks isn't scum and just went after them because) is those two were working the Chuggs while the third member was pushing the Hedin train and Sparks was asked to switch vote later because the Hedin thread was going well but not to say anything or rock the boat. I would be looking for someone who came in and painted Hedin's take as WIFOM and picked at him over time, maybe a little later because they have two shot kill and want to play safer.

The only other thing I could extrapolate as a possible solution from the vote anomaly is Hedin was bussed but that just seems unlikely with the way it played out. Not impossible but hard to believe the way it played out.

There's where I'm at so far. Still digesting a lot.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, don't think it liked all that in one post lol

MrHedin has died!

Day 2.5 Begins!

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Welp, I backed the wrong horse alright. So is that because he voted for Sparks, because they wanted to make the Hedin voters like, erm, me look shiftier, or just because it would stir things up? Probably the latter, so I'm putting the wine away.

"But it's so simple!"

Oct 25, 2017
My immediate thought is Sparks might have had the two shot kill then lol why use it up so fast again unless there was a risk in losing it.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Hedin. that kill doesn't surprise me given he was pretty clearly town after all that.

After that, it's hard to deny that the Chuggs shading from yesterday looks shady. I'd also be OK with taking this opportunity to resolve the Sparks question, though with a couple of votes on him already I won't take him to the halfway mark before we've even had a chance to talk. In any rate, I could see him as being a scum partner keeping his distance (which would line up with Donnie's suggestion that there might have been two scum stirring the pot while the other stood back). I also note that, like Zipped, Sparks didn't post until after ATP was killed. To me, the case for a Sparks vote is stronger than it was yesterday.

If the Chuggs push was an attempt at taking votes away from Zipped then that could count against Nin, although Zipped might have tried to use an honest vote from Nin as a starting point. I'm feeling better about Chuggs and Melon now, and it seems like a push to think of Hedin and Zipped as scum partners trying to bus each other for clout - it's not impossible, but feels too risky to be realistic with such a small scum team. I think Donnie's takes on D1 were genuine, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for now, although a more un-charitable view might be that he could have swung back to Zipped for credibility - given that his first vote was for Zipped, though, I think that's nothing more than WIFOM talking.

Not sure what to make of Febe - I've not felt any major warning signs from him, but I could consider him as one to watch depending on how things turn out. (For me, the question would be if I fell for a trap in voting for Hedin, though I was mistaken in thinking that the run of votes for Zipped looked dubious.) As it stands, though, I don't have much aside from the Hedin vote against him. That would leave Saw and HP, both of whom could go either way for me. I was a little uncertain of HP earlier on in D1, but that was more of a gut feeling than anything concrete - not enough to base any serious accusations on.

I'll take that. I honestly feel vindicated by the result, I only switched to Hedin in an attempt to be pragmatic and benefit town to move on. The switch had caveats and I pulled my Hedin vote as soon as I noticed the oddity with the numbers. I feel like I was on track with Zipped from very early on, however I think it's prudent to come into day two with an open mind on everyone again even as we begin to draft up our list of reads and to that end, I'm totally okay with being under any level of scrutiny.

I've been going over the day one posting and various lists I had made as we went, and Zipped being scum does immediately lead to looking at Sparks, I think it would be hard for anyone to deny that. He's in a tough spot now and I'm interested in his thoughts. I do think the result makes Chuggs, Melon and Hedin look pretty good.

I'm still wondering about the fact scum had the Hedin vote one off with a scum off train for over half a day and didn't act. It seems like the scum team agreed Zipps would focus on Chuggs or Melon all day to the end, staying on the Chuggs vote to lay the ground work and staying clean of the Hedin vote regardless of the situation. He never once engages Hedin all of Day one after Hedin votes for him and the Hedin train builds. If Sparks is scum, Sparks...pretty much just goes after Chuggs and Melon too, similarly narrowing the focus to Chuggs as he goes. So my guess (unless Sparks isn't scum and just went after them because) is those two were working the Chuggs while the third member was pushing the Hedin train and Sparks was asked to switch vote later because the Hedin thread was going well but not to say anything or rock the boat. I would be looking for someone who came in and painted Hedin's take as WIFOM and picked at him over time, maybe a little later because they have two shot kill and want to play safer.

The only other thing I could extrapolate as a possible solution from the vote anomaly is Hedin was bussed but that just seems unlikely with the way it played out. Not impossible but hard to believe the way it played out.

There's where I'm at so far. Still digesting a lot.
how does this make melon look better?

Oct 25, 2017

That generally goes in with Chuggs in my eyes, in that Zipped went back and forth with them early (as did Sparks actually) and eventually focused on Chuggs. My guess is scum team were deciding between the two who might be the weaker link/easier to build momentum against.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
My immediate thought is Sparks might have had the two shot kill then lol why use it up so fast again unless there was a risk in losing it.
Given the amount of town cred Hedin got, scum may also have wanted to silence him before people started following his suggestions if he was on to something.

Voting for Zipped and sticking with it helps, and advocating looking into Sparks sounds a lot better in hindsight than it did to me at the time. There's also Zipped's vote for her, although their votes could theoretically be distancing - I'm not sure if I buy that at the moment, though.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That generally goes in with Chuggs in my eyes, in that Zipped went back and forth with them early (as did Sparks actually) and eventually focused on Chuggs. My guess is scum team were deciding between the two who might be the weaker link/easier to build momentum against.

Given the amount of town cred Hedin got, scum may also have wanted to silence him before people started following his suggestions if he was on to something.

Voting for Zipped and sticking with it helps, and advocating looking into Sparks sounds a lot better in hindsight than it did to me at the time. There's also Zipped's vote for her, although their votes could theoretically be distancing - I'm not sure if I buy that at the moment, though.
Fair point on zipped voting for her as well as chuggs.

Alexem she voted for zipped really close to day end so she didn't exactly stick to it lol. She mostly gave zipped grief for tying her and chuggs together after sparks first mentioned it.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Ah, fair enough - I was going by the voting order on that one. Good point about her going after Zipped after he was trying to push the connection that Sparks made, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool I was right. Sparks and FeBe are the people I'm side eyeing the hardest right now. Have more to say later, but I'm dropping this here

FDS

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Oh Hedin got killed. That was a pretty predictable move I guess.

This just makes Zipped not hammering him all the more confusing lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I've really only held off because I'm genuinely curious what Sparks has to say about all of this lol especially their reaction before Zipped went down.