nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
you know

UNVOTE[/highlighgt]

this game being nightless makes things FAR more interesting since scum cannot wait things out. we are going to stay in a stalemate for sometime, Town benefits more from that. We can keep this game going for an eternity lol

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
you know

UNVOTE[/highlighgt]

this game being nightless makes things FAR more interesting since scum cannot wait things out. we are going to stay in a stalemate for sometime, Town benefits more from that. We can keep this game going for an eternity lol

My bad

UNVOTE

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
W3nfKrt.jpg

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning! Can I get a chance to catch up, or are you just going to vote me out now?

if y'all vote me out I'll just vengeful whoever else you want, (is that MrHedin?). So either way you get more information,

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
My bad

UNVOTE

I don't understand this. How does anyone benefit needlessly dragging things out? If anything I think dragging it out helps scum, they can just sit back and just wait for town to get antsy.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand this. How does anyone benefit needlessly dragging things out? If anything I think dragging it out helps scum, they can just sit back and just wait for town to get antsy.

Town can sit back relax and wait for scum to get antsy.

But I understand both of your concerns thought.

I still don't like the zipped train or hedin.

Both made the error of just posting

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Can't say I agree there. Town doesn't get more information to work with, so we'll just keep re-arranging the wine goblets over and over again, while it buys scum more time to strategise.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Town can sit back relax and wait for scum to get antsy.

But I understand both of your concerns thought.

I still don't like the zipped train or hedin.

Both made the error of just posting
Ok so propose an alternative instead of uselessly dragging out the game. "I don't like the ways you're advancing the game so let's just not at all" is a pretty passive way to play at best, and bad coasting at worst.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I agree there. Town doesn't get more information to work with, so we'll just keep re-arranging the wine goblets over and over again, while it buys scum more time to strategise.

Sad thing is, at this stage it feels like it will either be a lunch between zipped or Hedin.

Both suck and I expect if either of them gets voted out drags the other with him and if will be a -2 Town loss. Ofc I cannot be đź’Ż sure but it feels wrong.

Would love to put forward another player.

Vote: TheChuggernaut

As of now, nothing has impressed me. The way he has been coasting comes off as someone who knows he will not get voted out.

Pressure is the name of the game.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I could get behind a chuggs vote. My read is that Melon and Chuggs didn't like my argument and it felt… what's the word…. Deflecting? No, some synonym of not-genuine. Andy vote on melonrabbit could have already been a chuggs vote if the coin had come up the other side.

vote: Thechuggernaut

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Care to elaborate on why sneeks ?

Mostly early day stuff. She finally came along with read lists (which I think D1 read lists are just busy work but I have done that dance with her before and not interested in doing that again currently) after constantly teasing about them.

Yes hi hello sorry. Been out today and a bit tipsy so what's up.

I see ATP died and that's p shitty but also bold and I respect it. It being so early doesn't say shit to me other than maybe it's someone with a grudge so probably not a melon/sparks team or something.

Febe did some math thing? Cool but like. Doesn't say a thing about alignment.

Tbh i want to vote Sparks just to see who he would kill and also because it solves Sparks immediately

Wanting Sparks out is just lazy and really seems like something scum would try to do. Also note the line about Febe which is interesting when later its:

Or maybe even febe. That whole math thing is interesting to see how it turned out but like. What was the purpose of it? Looks like busy work

She thought it was cool but NAI and then a relatively short time later throw him in her POE at that moment because it looked like busy work.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I could picture one of Chuggs or Melon being scum, although I'm not sure if they'd both take a similar approach if they were working together.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
She lays that down then spends a lot of time later acting like it was never posted. I could see a Chuggs + Melon plus a later comer as the trio.

how is feeling the Zipp train is sus something i never circled back to later? ive been consist there. are you ever gonna respond to any my qs about your vote or just lay low on it? u completely disappeared after ur vote was questioned.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I could get behind a chuggs vote. My read is that Melon and Chuggs didn't like my argument and it felt… what's the word…. Deflecting? No, some synonym of not-genuine. Andy vote on melonrabbit could have already been a chuggs vote if the coin had come up the other side.

vote: Thechuggernaut

So u walked back from vilified to deflecting while ignoring all my replies to u. Mm ok.

Oct 25, 2017
how is feeling the Zipp train is sus something i never circled back to later? ive been consist there. are you ever gonna respond to any my qs about your vote or just lay low on it? u completely disappeared after ur vote was questioned.

To be clear, that post reads to me like you were saying your gut feeling was Zipped too. You had generally been posting in line with Chuggs too when you left that, so it's hard for me to read it any other way. If that's not what you're saying in that post, just say.

I feel like I've explained my vote multiple times. If you think it's bad logic, I can take that on the chin, there wasn't much to go on when I laid it down. I think that if the votes remain anchored between Zipped or Hedin, Zipped going would tell us more about the discussions that followed also but I feel confident I've been up front.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
To be clear, that post reads to me like you were saying your gut feeling was Zipped too. You had generally been posting in line with Chuggs too when you left that, so it's hard for me to read it any other way. If that's not what you're saying in that post, just say.

I feel like I've explained my vote multiple times. If you think it's bad logic, I can take that on the chin, there wasn't much to go on when I laid it down. I think that if the votes remain anchored between Zipped or Hedin, Zipped going would tell us more about the discussions that followed also but I feel confident I've been up front.

i not sure what u mean by posting in line with chuggs the only thing we agree on is shooting Sparks. if you mean the math stuff thats a universal take.

i don't and didn't so much need context on the logic of ur vote as i do the timing of it. that i questioned, and that i wondered if u questioned too.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't and didn't so much need context on the logic of ur vote as i do the timing of it. that i questioned, and that i wondered if u questioned too.

No particular reservations at this time, it's my first ever vote so I went with that I think is the only real line of logic we can apply in a situation with almost nothing to go on. Chuggs vote comes from a totally different direction so it's not in line with my thinking at all and I have no real way of knowing without scouring past threads whether Chuggs will traditionally vote like this. Could be his regular method, it could be sus to a level, it could be personal, Idk, He could just be looking to get anything moving. Hedin voted on similar grounds to myself in that Zipped's effort could be a seeded misdirect but hasn't taken the time to say much more on the point or in response to the votes sitting on him. The votes did come quick from the three of us but personally I'm really only interested in getting town on the right track out the gate.

Oct 25, 2017
How does voting directly after a vote u felt so unsure abt put town on the right track? Especially in a timerless game? this logic i don't follow.

It puts town on the right track to the end that it fits what I thought scum would do, and we need to vote someone. The logic the other voters offered will matter/mean more once we have a day one result. That said, if the group vote Hedin or Chuggs anyway, that'll answer those for me instead. That's where all the votes are pooled for now so I feel like this will be resolved in my mind to a level either way.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As all town players are vanilla and the only kind of PR that scum can use is a day kill, I can't see any way in which ATP could have possibly had any information on the scum team before the game started, nor could scum have known if he had anything on them.
That part is more if ATP knew someone's meta pretty well and was confident in his ability to read them.

please give the pup some bellyrubs from me ;;;;
Good morning! Can I get a chance to catch up, or are you just going to vote me out now?

if y'all vote me out I'll just vengeful whoever else you want, (is that MrHedin?). So either way you get more information,
who would you shoot, regardless of who everyone else wants you to shoot.

Mostly early day stuff. She finally came along with read lists (which I think D1 read lists are just busy work but I have done that dance with her before and not interested in doing that again currently) after constantly teasing about them.

Wanting Sparks out is just lazy and really seems like something scum would try to do. Also note the line about Febe which is interesting when later its:

She thought it was cool but NAI and then a relatively short time later throw him in her POE at that moment because it looked like busy work.
i find it funny you pick at the early day stuff where im very clear about not fully being around/reading and not my later posts where i am here. :p

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
well, we can either keep this going or try and get some more info. Zipped is at 4, hedin at 3, chuggs 2, and then myself/Sparks at 1 each.

would i be able to interest any of the zipped voters a possible hedin? and if im wrong then hedin is free to shoot me or zipped or whoever he feels like.

but we will need to compromise eventually.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
That part is more if ATP knew someone's meta pretty well and was confident in his ability to read them.

please give the pup some bellyrubs from me ;;;;

who would you shoot, regardless of who everyone else wants you to shoot.

i find it funny you pick at the early day stuff where im very clear about not fully being around/reading and not my later posts where i am here. :p
If it's only one person, then Chuggs but honestly MrHedin is a good shot too. Gladly shoot at either of them.
I'm a little off on my vote for melonrabbit now, I think she has a point (as to why her and chuggs vs any of the other 2/3 people on me), but I feel better about the chuggs vote. I would also move my vote to mr Hedin if it meant we could actually move to the next day phase.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Mafia appears to have gone down, apologies.

Edit: Jk back up already

Edit 2: It's in and out

Last edited:

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Just an advance warning that I might not be as active as I'd like to be over the next couple of days. I've recently been loaned to the software management team at work as it's a two-person team and one of them recently left. The other's on leave and an Adobe licensing change will be kicking off tomorrow and getting implemented day by day, so... yeah. I'll be turning in early for the next couple of nights and I'll be losing some time to commuting tomorrow and Tuesday as well.

I'll try to check in whenever I can, but depending on how my workload is, my time might be a bit more limited than usual - if it gets dire then I might have to consider subbing out, but hopefully it won't get that bad. In any rate, I'm hoping things should be stable enough by Wednesday.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Honestly I'm ok with Zipped too. We need more info and at this stage we're not gonna get anywhere without a flip. Enough people have chimed in on Zipped that his flip might help us start constructing a semblance of direction.

Oct 25, 2017
I see Chuggs and Hedin linked enough by the same logic that I would move from where I am, but mostly because there's votes on both. Playing the numbers game, I would be supporting town by larger than just a potential majority of 4 on Zipped (if that's where scum votes are pooled). If they're pooled on Hedin, then the extra votes on Chuggs at least tell me more of town is confident this is the way we should go and it's not just a half and half between town and scum.

That's really the grounds I would move on. I've felt confident for awhile Zipped's flip either way would tell us the most about the day's discourse but I want to support the team and keep the team as in control as possible over mafia. So I would move as long as the votes that are on Chuggs, stay on Chuggs. If the people on Chuggs move over anyway than its back to being a wash between the two and I'm not sure I see the point in moving then.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
do we want to pick who gets shot at the end of Day 1 or just let the victim person who gets voted out pick? we could play this strategically and just come to a group agreement.

Just an advance warning that I might not be as active as I'd like to be over the next couple of days. I've recently been loaned to the software management team at work as it's a two-person team and one of them recently left. The other's on leave and an Adobe licensing change will be kicking off tomorrow and getting implemented day by day, so... yeah. I'll be turning in early for the next couple of nights and I'll be losing some time to commuting tomorrow and Tuesday as well.

I'll try to check in whenever I can, but depending on how my workload is, my time might be a bit more limited than usual - if it gets dire then I might have to consider subbing out, but hopefully it won't get that bad. In any rate, I'm hoping things should be stable enough by Wednesday.
No worries! Do what you gotta do.

hopefully by wednesday we'll have a consensus for who to vote D1
Honestly I'm ok with Zipped too. We need more info and at this stage we're not gonna get anywhere without a flip. Enough people have chimed in on Zipped that his flip might help us start constructing a semblance of direction.
Yeah, same. I really don't want zipped but if it means getting something moving then i'll do it. :/
I see Chuggs and Hedin linked enough by the same logic that I would move from where I am, but mostly because there's votes on both. Playing the numbers game, I would be supporting town by larger than just a potential majority of 4 on Zipped (if that's where scum votes are pooled). If they're pooled on Hedin, then the extra votes on Chuggs at least tell me more of town is confident this is the way we should go and it's not just a half and half between town and scum.

That's really the grounds I would move on. I've felt confident for awhile Zipped's flip either way would tell us the most about the day's discourse but I want to support the team and keep the team as in control as possible over mafia. So I would move as long as the votes that are on Chuggs, stay on Chuggs. If the people on Chuggs move over anyway than its back to being a wash between the two and I'm not sure I see the point in moving then.

Hopefully that all makes sense.
No, it does. Although even if the chuggs voters move that could tell you something depending on how the flip goes.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'd also argue for a towncore since that helps things out. hardly anybody has open reads on eachother so it's hard to tell you is being town read vs scum read tho so i'd encourage people to try and get that going.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (4 votes)
MrHedin - #98
TheChuggernaut - #99
Donniewahlberg - #102
nin - #189 #251
HPSauce - #246

MrHedin (3 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #49 #99
Fireblend - #92
Alexem - #162
Sawneeks - #242

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
nin - #263
Zippedpinhead - #264

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Melonrabbit - #148

Sawneeks (1 votes)
Funky Dude Sparks - #203

Melonrabbit (0 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #171 #264

Post Counts:
Melonrabbit: 50 nin: 38 Fireblend: 37 Funky Dude Sparks: 35 Donniewahlberg: 24 TheChuggernaut: 23 Sawneeks: 22 Alexem: 22 Zippedpinhead: 21 MrHedin: 18 HPSauce: 13

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
do we want to pick who gets shot at the end of Day 1 or just let the victim person who gets voted out pick? we could play this strategically and just come to a group agreement.

If it's me I do not intend on taking the shot. Would much rather give everyone an extra day to put things together than take a shot with 33% chance on limited D1 info.

Oct 25, 2017
sorry for the inactivity. Went to the hospital last night, and have been kind of out of it for most of the day.

Not really seeing the case for Hedin, and will be sticking on Zipped for now.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's me I do not intend on taking the shot. Would much rather give everyone an extra day to put things together than take a shot with 33% chance on limited D1 info.
thats a boring answer. you clearly feel good about zipped but will let him live?
sorry for the inactivity. Went to the hospital last night, and have been kind of out of it for most of the day.

Not really seeing the case for Hedin, and will be sticking on Zipped for now.
explain to me the zipped case

Oct 25, 2017
thats a boring answer. you clearly feel good about zipped but will let him live?

explain to me the zipped case

Honestly, I think I would have tried to find someone different at this point if it was just his early posts, but him coming back into the thread with a blatant OMGUS on me while sheeping god damn Sparks weird "Chuggs/Melon are linked" nonsense is enough to make me think he's not trying to actually solve at all.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I'm working on my long summary/reads post a la Scooby/Nier. I don't know if people actually find them useful but I like doing them lol. Will try to have it up in the next hour or so.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think I would have tried to find someone different at this point if it was just his early posts, but him coming back into the thread with a blatant OMGUS on me while sheeping god damn Sparks weird "Chuggs/Melon are linked" nonsense is enough to make me think he's not trying to actually solve at all.
so...you're OMGUS'ing his OMGUS?

and in what world does a scum!zipped sheep sparks of all people.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Day 1 posting
I'm gonna limit it to posts I think are important and votes

#33 - ATP dies
#41 - Hedin votes Chuggs
#42-43- Zipped speculation on ATP's death, particularly in regards to activity.
#44-48 - Zipped and Hedin going back and forth for a while
#49 - Chuggs votes Hedin
#50 - Alexem thinks current activity is NAI
#51 - Fireblend thinks early kill is smart
#61 - Fireblend math post
#80 - Donnie thinks scum arrived after the kill
#92 - Fireblend votes for Hedin
#96 - Fireblend thinks town should be proactive with votes and reads
#97 - Hedin votes for Zipped
#99 - Chuggs votes Zipped
#101 - Melon says Zipped train is interesting
#102- Donnie votes Zipped
#103-105 - Brief back and forth between Donnie and Melon in regards to Zipped
#109 - Melon asks who people would shoot if they were to be voted out
#111 - response to #109 - Chuggs says he'd shoot Sparks
#115 - response to #109 - Fireblend would shoot Hedin
#148 - Melon votes Sparks after a fairly weird 3 way back and forth between Chuggs, Sparks and Melon
#150 - Sneeks mentions wanting to vote Sparks
#156 - Sneeks would vote Chuggs (for funsies) or Zipped/Hedin (for realsies)
#157 - Sneeks may also shoot Fireblend
#159 - Donnie posts about his read on Zipped, view of the game so far, etc.
#162 - Alexem vote on Hedin, talks about view on Scum's decision to shoot immediately. Says he thinks 'scum waited to use their kill with the intent of making it easier to push against the players who were present before then'.
#171 - Zipped votes Melon
#173 - Chuggs thinks Sneeks doesn't feel townie
#175 - Fireblend thinks Sneeks posts about who Sparks would shoot are off, implication that Sneeks has more info than she should?
#189 - Nin votes Zipped
#196 - Alexem feels better about Zipped than Hedin
#197 - Hedin responds to #196 - Disagrees, thinks Zipped is trying to bring on WIFOM
#198 - #202 - Brief back and forth between Chuggs and Alexem about Zipped
#203 - Sparks vote on Sneeks

Here's where I'm at so far, breaking off for movie night now. Will get the rest done tomorrow

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018

Yes Zipped is my strongest scum read and he hasn't really contributed anything to change my mind. That said I'm not taking D1 vig shot unless I'm absolutely sure. Partly it's a lesson from last game and partly I don't think it gives town the best chance to win.

Boring. But I'm curious. Would anyone else not take the shot if they were the first lunched town?

I mean:

Good question. I don't know. Unless someone slips hard we're not getting more solid info from D1 than we already have, so the first townie lunch using the vengeful ability just equals to ending the game faster IMO. I know I insist a lot on the setup but this really feels like a game of probability unless we're able to deduce stuff from past reads/votes hence my insistence on getting those down asap

I prefer to not end the game sooner than necessary and give town the best chance we have.