nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I don't think anyone is really that solvey right now. But I find it interesting that you think Zipped is more interested in solving after jumping in at day start trying induce a lot of WIFOM and then mostly ghosting.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
It might be WIFOM and I may not agree with everything he's said, but he has at least come up with ideas about how scum might be playing. We don't exactly have much to go on at the moment, after all.

It was the most low info kill of low info kills. There's not much to go off of, yeah, but trying to speculate why and where scum is in relation to the kill is just pointless noise. We're not going to find the answer that way, so what's the point of wasting time on it other than to make some noise to hide in. I wouldn't humor this kind of speculation if it was a night kill and there's no way I'm going to when the kill was on a strong town player who hadn't even posted yet.

Oct 27, 2017
This wasn't a joke vote, I explained it later:

Additionally, this is a game where we need to apply pressure and see how people react. I thought Chugg's vote could use some more weight to it. Sadly he switched shortly afterwards, but I still don't feel great about Hedin.

You should put a vote down.

Good point

vote: Sawneeks

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also fairly busy today so I won't be too active unfortunately. I'll be more active after today though.

Gonna try and post some though.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be in and out today due to bringing our new puppy home in the afternoon (and all the remaining work associated with prepping a house for a puppy).

I'll post pictures once I have her.
Rereading posts since I fell asleep and It looks like some of you want to vote me out because I Didn't come in here and tried to solve after we had an immediate death in the game?

just trying to understand the argument those votes are making
Tbh I mentioned you because my tipsy brain said your vibes were off. I'll read your stuff over when I can and get a proper read.

I see from the vote tool that this still counts as 'day' one. The reason I wanted to check that is because it crossed my mind that, given a scum kill would have reset any votes in place, I wasn't sure if their kill would have technically advanced the game to the second phase and stopped a voted-out town player from getting a reflex kill. Since it says day one, though, I'm assuming that's still in play.

While I wouldn't oppose a Zipped kill, I'd like to keep Hedin open as an option.
VOTE: MrHedin
Timing wise, I'm still working with my hunch - and I concede that it's no more than that - that scum waited to use their kill with the intent of making it easier to push against the players who were present before then. Hedin posting after the kill would line up with that, as would Zipped and Sparks (along with Chuggs and Melon, for that matter). Zipped's theorising could be scum trying to hint towards the early posters but, as he himself has mentioned, he could be playing in to their hands. If this really does turn out to be the situation, I'm currently erring slightly towards the latter.

(On the subject of pushing the early voters, I'm not ruling out the possibility of scum being there as a gambit to gain credibility should one of the later posters flip scum. This is total WIFOM, though, so I'm not thinking too much about this - I'm just taking it as a starting point.)

If today's eliminated player is on the town team and does get to take a shot, then I think Hedin and Zipped would both put some good consideration into their choice should it come to that. Not really feeling a Sparks vote at the moment - there's not much to tie on him, and he can be a somewhat easy target. I also don't really like the idea of bumping him off just to see who he'd shoot - I think that would be too risky, and it's not much of a justification for voting him out.
If Sparks flips scum I'd look at Alexem

You say that like it's a bad thing 😏

Like I said, it's a curiosity but it might come in handy; per the open setup this ain't a game where we can count on some wild revelation coming in to save us; we have no info being revealed through anything other than deaths, which (IMO) makes this game even more of a numbers game than others I've played. With that in mind, I decided to build the equivalent of a dice-roll odds table. We don't have to defer to it, we've still got our sick reads informing where we go, but it's a reference.
That's kinda what I mean? It could just be an honest interest on your part to see what happens but it really does feel like busy work you can say, "could be used or could not be idk".

I feel like Neeks is just kind of shit posting here, so I don't know if I'm ready to throw a vote down yet, but the vibe if off. The "Fuck it whatever" approach just doesn't feel townie at all.
Don't hate my shit posting just cause you stopped. :p

Jokes aside I was being silly but those are my thoughts on the game without an actual indepth, sober look. It's a mini and I'ma do whatever the fuck. Try new things. Be bold. If you got issues with something specific I'll hear em unless it's just 'weird intro'
I agree with this, also someone mentioned it earlier but Sneeks wanting to learn who Sparks would shoot by lunching him gives me bad vibes, starting with how it feels like she's accepting it as a given that he'd have the option of shooting someone at all.
See my above response to chuggs. In my mind he either shoots someone just to see the chaos since I could see Sparks somehow hitting true. Or he's actually scum and that's settled and isn't a problem later. Either way he's solved since there's no way to solve him outside of reading and I'll be damned if I can do that well.

Don't worry we've got all day (get it?)
Aayyyy.

Tho y'all seem ready to kill zipped so idk

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
tbh i read sneeks' lack of involvement so far as genuine. i don't see a scum sneeks as shy. basically I would find it v disappointing if this was her scum play. v disappointing 😞.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aight that's my post for a bit. Gotta get back to Donkey Konga 2 and playing hoobastank with some bongos

Be back in a while.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
See my above response to chuggs. In my mind he either shoots someone just to see the chaos since I could see Sparks somehow hitting true. Or he's actually scum and that's settled and isn't a problem later. Either way he's solved since there's no way to solve him outside of reading and I'll be damned if I can do that well.
I mean, I could see anyone shooting true too, with a ~30% chance, in fact. I'm not interested in lunching someone I think might have good luck, I want to lunch mafia.

I agree about him being a good target if what we want is to solve someone that's usually hard to read, but you're losing me with that other hunch stuff.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wow, you're young. That puppy's really cute, and having had this experience, I now believe I should be rewarded with puppy pics everytime I check this thread tbh.

Hey let's lunch Hedin, who's with me? Gotta make the game go somewhere.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
If Sparks flips scum I'd look at Alexem

Understandable, but I'd like to clarify my earlier point:

If today's eliminated player is on the town team and does get to take a shot, then I think Hedin and Zipped would both put some good consideration into their choice should it come to that. Not really feeling a Sparks vote at the moment - there's not much to tie on him, and he can be a somewhat easy target. I also don't really like the idea of bumping him off just to see who he'd shoot - I think that would be too risky, and it's not much of a justification for voting him out.

Sparks can be a real question mark - I get that, I've been there. I'm not averse to his elimination if there are doubts about him, and I wouldn't argue against a mis-killed townie using their shot on him to nip the matter in the bud early on. My worry is that if Sparks is town and he's the first to go, I think he'd be more inclined to use his shot randomly than with purpose. I could be wrong about that - I'm not Sparks, after all - but I know that he has a tendency to be unpredictable and it doesn't always work to town's advantage. I also think that he can also be an easy target for scum looking to push a mis-kill - unfortunately, his play style as town can often be painted as anti-town for scum's benefit. I don't think 'let's whack him and see what he does' is a very good reason to take him out at this point.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, quieter than I thought it would be.

Uh are people just unsure or busy?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I do want to reread the thread to see if I anything else sticks out to me....I'll leave that until the morning though. Its nearly 2AM here and I'm too tired to think to hard about anything right now lol.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
It feels like people aren't realizing that we don't have a day clock, it just ends whenever we have a majority. So if you're looking for end of day stuff you're not going to get it.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doing this in chunks so I don't forget my thoughts. Also easier to read than a big text wall.

From the timing, I think they were intentionally waiting for a few people to show up before submitting the kill. If they just wanted to kill someone straight away with no chance of leaving any clues, they could have given the command the moment the game began.
This is oddly hyper specific in a way that doesn't feel right. Why jump to this conclusion instead of just delay on the gamerunners part, delay on scum's part, etc?

Really there isn't much to go on and I'm green as hell lol but I'm here to play so: if we count up until now, the discussion around the death, the only folks we haven't seen are Sneeks and Nin (and ATP but, well). That means scum didn't agree to hang back as a unit, because at least one of them is here around the death.

I presume scum isn't clueless and didn't plan to risk throwing themselves in the fire with pure confusion so my guess would be they hoped we would pick a simple enough group to start with that they weren't in to waste day one, probably those who posted before the death since it's smaller and easier to start wiith. If scum was one of the four who posted prekill, that was risky. My gut guess then, scum arrived after the kill, will push gently over the course of the day toward group 1 prekill , but gently to maximise a miss on vengeance.

all based on no experience or familiarity with anyone lol
Quoting this to say I like it, it feels townie trying to understand why this happened and the risks involved.

I agree, it's NAI. I'm actually finding it more interesting that Zipped keeps trying push this theory, kind of like he's trying to divert attention away.
Considering that most of his posts are responses this feels weird. Yeah he's talking about it a lot but it's also early D1 and a kill happened for a reason, even if we don't know that reason. If you're suspect on diverting attention (away from what?) why not mention the people who said nothing about the NK at this point. That's melon and HP.

Yeah, sorry was playing Among Us. My super hot take is that Melon feels town just based on what's she's putting down. I'm going to...agree...with...Hedin, in that Zipped feels the most suss of everyone so far. Everything he's putting down just feels like pointless speculation.

Vote: Zipped
Why say this about zipped and not Alexem, Hedin, Donnie, or Febe? They all posted speculation about the kill as well and yet you don't bring them up.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really wasn't sure if catch up tonight seeing as it's 5 pages of game but then reading I realized it's mostly Sparks noise. :u

So Zipps because because? i read (ugh) what u wrote on the prev page. not seeing how those prev thoughts connect w/ voting Zipp now. Zipped isnt really pushing towards much of anything - gently or otherwise.

do you have any reservations that you're the third them is such quick succession? u find these votes genuine or busy work?
Donnie I'd like to see an answer here too.

Good morning people.

Yo, good morning. ATP kill was a good inciting incident by scum to get everyone nipping at each other, that is for sure. I tried to put some logic on why it came a few posts in (since it was discussed it could have been immediate and wasn't) and the best I have is it created a before and after for scum to hide in so imo it would be important for scum to suggest a group quickly + its easier to hide in a bigger group 🤷‍♂️ Zipped came early and quick on the "Scum must have been here before the kill" assumption and then lingered on it for a few posts and that fit my guess of how scum would protect themselves. I haven't really got anything else right now though, still need to digest last night's posts, still a few without many posts at all.
If zipped flips town what are you doing.

I'm here. Not much to say right now really though. Zipped's posts seem most questionable to me right now. That's probably where I'd vote right now
No comment on ATP being shot before he can say a word?

It might be WIFOM and I may not agree with everything he's said, but he has at least come up with ideas about how scum might be playing. We don't exactly have much to go on at the moment, after all.
Yeah, on a reread I'm kinda in this camp too. It's WIFOM but it's at least trying to do something instead of sitting to the side or making generalizations and nothing else. Zipped probably wouldn't get my vote pending the responses of his return.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For now?

Vote: MrHedin

For making Zipped seem like a bigger problem than he actually is. Referenced above but Zipped has the crime of responding to questions about his theory and not much else, whereas those who also posted theories or said nothing at all don't get in Hedin's list for some reason.

Also getting bad vibes from Chuggs with his easy questions and very little deep solving on his end. He's skimming the surface and that feels wrong for a town chuggs. Chuggs and Hedin would not be wolf/wolf though due to the same vote.

As for Zipped and by extension ATP I have a few thoughts. I don't think zipped pulling out his theory is anything suspect, in fact it shows he's at least trying to figure it out. My thoughts I've had while reading and finally rereading are kind of inline with his, though I came to a different conclusion. There's just too little there to get anywhere with it - though I'm sure post game we will see it either made-or-broke the scum team and how obvious it apparently was. Scum could've waited until post kill to enter, they could've posted early, it could've been gamerunners delay, it could be half before and half after, ATP could've known a scum player and they were scared of being caught immediately, it could've been random - there's just too many possibilities and not enough information to narrow it down. But I still ran through it and tried to see if there was anything to gain. It's also why I'm posting about it since, hey, maybe it is important later. I don't know, but I have nothing to gain by holding this to myself when scum have the advantage here. So getting on Zipped's case for it is dumb.

Alexem has good solving that I like a lot on a reread. There's a thought process you can follow as he tries to work things out rather than taking it at face value and going for the easy route.

Donnie falls into the same category but with a caveat. There's a part of me that keeps saying something is wrong with his solving attempts, like it's trying too much to answer the question as 'correctly' as possible. Nervous, trying to please kinda feel. One I'd watch but this vibe can be chalked up to being new.

Not much else to say. Nin seemed fine/good but the vote was bad and just seemed easy. Febe is here but I'm getting nothing. Melon I'm not sure. HP is a ghost. Sparks I can't read for shit.

It's all I got. Seeing as we have no night phase and this is a marathon event with no breaks it'll be better to pace ourselves and come to an agreement quicker than drag things out. But be aware that scum absolutely have the upper hand in this one by a huge margin and we gotta be ready to reassess our positions after a flip.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay one last thing before I go to bed. I'm operating on this by looking at what would happen to Zipped in the case of flipping either alignment since majority is needed for a vote and we will likely need to compromise at some point. I'd also recommend people look at it this way too since we just keep going after a kill.

Town:
Chuggs, Hedin, nin, donnie all look worse. However, they are not all scum together. Future votes would need to be looked at. Could be two scum here but it would be far apart, like Hedin/Donnie or something.
If Hedin is also Town then consider scum don't care too much and are likely hanging back and taking potshots. Chuggs is the biggest sinner here. I'd argue melon, HP are too.

Scum;
Hedin and Chuggs both look real damn good. Nin does slightly but his conclusion still feels weird given his posts up to that point but early bus would be bold. Donnie does too but again, I have a pause on him. Donnie/nin not scummates.
People who pushed Hedin are probably suspect. Reassess Alexem for sure.
Febe looks worse.

Hedin also gets one but he weirdly doesn't have as many connections as zipped does. I'll wait for his response to my stuff above.

Oct 25, 2017
Donnie I'd like to see an answer here too.

No particular reservations at this time, it's my first ever vote so I went with that I think is the only real line of logic we can apply in a situation with almost nothing to go on. Chuggs vote comes from a totally different direction so it's not in line with my thinking at all and I have no real way of knowing without scouring past threads whether Chuggs will traditionally vote like this. Could be his regular method, it could be sus to a level, it could be personal, Idk, He could just be looking to get anything moving. Hedin voted on similar grounds to myself in that Zipped's effort could be a seeded misdirect but hasn't taken the time to say much more on the point or in response to the votes sitting on him. The votes did come quick from the three of us but personally I'm really only interested in getting town on the right track out the gate.

And so if Zipped flips town, or the team votes Hedin and Hedin flips town, I think we have a decent body of posts to scrutinise in terms of who voted and who objected to start getting somewhere on day two. I really hope we get scum and I'll feel bad if I was way off but outside of Fireblends math gambit, there's nothing much else to do than to vote someone and start pulling clues from the result.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say HP's absence is making me uneasy lol mostly because I'm thinking on the other day shot. They could have been here from the start but my assumption is it would of benefit for the two shot day kill scum to hang back and avoid exposure while they still have that and guarantee the second day kill. So the likelihood is we have two scum more actively stirring while one tries to go unseen for as long as possible then they'll become more active once the shot is used. To that end, whoever is disengaging the most is theoretically most likely. We need a vote from HPSauce and hopefully some thoughts anyway.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I'll say HP's absence is making me uneasy lol mostly because I'm thinking on the other day shot. They could have been here from the start but my assumption is it would of benefit for the two shot day kill scum to hang back and avoid exposure while they still have that and guarantee the second day kill. So the likelihood is we have two scum more actively stirring while one tries to go unseen for as long as possible then they'll become more active once the shot is used. To that end, whoever is disengaging the most is theoretically most likely. We need a vote from HPSauce and hopefully some thoughts anyway.
I'd like to be more active but I'm working lol. Once I finish at 5 and Tomorrow/Tuesday I'll be able to contribute more. I'd hoped Zipped would come back and do something to shake my view of him but that hasn't happened. Maybe putting him one off hammer will prompt a reaction.

Vote:Zippedpinhead

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
This is oddly hyper specific in a way that doesn't feel right. Why jump to this conclusion instead of just delay on the gamerunners part, delay on scum's part, etc?
Partly gut feeling, partly from thinking that if scum truly wanted town to be left in the dark, they could just as easily have submitted ATP's kill the moment the game started to minimise the number of posts made before the kill was confirmed. I can't argue the possibility of mod delay, especially if the command was given in the scum thread instead of PM, although I'm still inclined to think that if the command was given within the first couple of minutes then we would probably have heard about it sooner than sixteen minutes into the day.

Regarding this point, though:
...ATP could've known a scum player and they were scared of being caught immediately...
As all town players are vanilla and the only kind of PR that scum can use is a day kill, I can't see any way in which ATP could have possibly had any information on the scum team before the game started, nor could scum have known if he had anything on them.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Zippedpinhead (5 votes)
MrHedin - #98
TheChuggernaut - #99
Donniewahlberg - #102
nin - #189
HPSauce - #246

MrHedin (3 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #49 #99
Fireblend - #92
Alexem - #162
Sawneeks - #242

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Melonrabbit - #148

Sawneeks (1 votes)
Funky Dude Sparks - #203

Melonrabbit (1 votes)
Zippedpinhead - #171

Post Counts:
Melonrabbit: 46 Funky Dude Sparks: 35 Fireblend: 33 nin: 31 TheChuggernaut: 23 Alexem: 19 Donniewahlberg: 18 Sawneeks: 18 MrHedin: 15 Zippedpinhead: 15 HPSauce: 13

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 25, 2017

I wanted to come back to this with a more specific answer once I'd read back down the thread with it more specifically in mind.

If Zipped flips town, there's the natural inclination to go after Hedin because he started the immediate counterpoint to Zipped's thought process. I would be inclined to look at Chuggs and Melon closely as a potential team though too though, there's quite a lot from them that came across like busy work to move away from any serious discussion. I've struggled to reconcile this post with Melon's later posts too

now this Zipps train is interesting.

kinda how i feel in my gut. kinda.

She lays that down then spends a lot of time later acting like it was never posted. I could see a Chuggs + Melon plus a later comer as the trio.