Does the next mainline Mario game get announced by the end of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 384 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 197 33.9%

• Total voters

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean I'm pretty sure this kinda how we got Yoshi's Island to begin with.
They probably started with Mario being in a powerless state and Yoshi carry him the whole time.
It kinds of feel wrong to get Mario + DK in a context outside of the mini adjacent games if you ask me but it might just be me missing these games (that are now unavailable because fuck you that's why).
I don't know if it's baseless speculation but some people on here have mentioned rumblings of a Mario and DK game...the movie pairing them up, a toy of Mario riding DK, Mario Kart Tour bringing back a bunch of DK characters back into the Marioverse after an absence when it felt Mario was distancing itself.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I think the biggest tips a new 3D Mario is coming this year are

1) Product synergy with the Mario movie and theme park
2) Zelda is launching in Spring, if Nintendo had a small Q4 we´d be seeing it then. But Mario in a holiday quarter is too big to pass on so of course it would not be Zelda getting it with a new Mario releasing in the same year

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
me when nintendo confirms that I can look forward to new mario games:

sticker_7.png

The Quentulated Mox

Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 10, 2022
It sounds weirder on paper but...like Mario is non-violently split in half and his bottom replaced by Goomba legs as Bowser steals Mario's bottom half because that's his strongest power. Also Bowser is pirate themed here so there's a "booty" pun.

Donkey Kong finds him and since Mario is unable to do his usual athletics, he hitches a ride on DK (think Baby Mario riding on Yoshi or Diddy Kong riding DK in DKCR). There's layers here!

And Donkey Kong controls like 3D World style, but you have a large open hub world (an ocean with many islands, DK Island included) that lead into obstacle course levels with a variety of missions...think a larger scale Bowser's Fury.

And some various enemies have also been split in half by Bowser, so their bottom half wander around and Mario can attach his top half to them...like a spring-tailed enemy to bounce around, a wiggler body to climb up walls, etc. Also in his stubby Goomba-leg form DK can toss him around and he can go through small passages and other such stuff, as well as being the one to utilize powerups like Fire Flowers and Boomerangs while riding DK.

Just came up with this idea after playing Bowser's Fury so it's still cooking but I got a good idea going here.

Even got the perfect subtitle...Top Bananas. Y'know because DK loves bananas, Mario is just his top half in this, and they're Nintendo's two big stars.
this is bonkers, dawg. what does bowser do with mario's bottom half?

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
The "duh" responses here are bizzare. He obviously meant this year/coming soon. Just remember that famous Miyamoto quote about delayed directs and we can all rest easy.

Birdie you are a genius.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
New Mario game gets announced same time as new hardware. It is the most obvious thing in the world. It may be cross platform, but it won't be announced until then.