Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I wonder if MLB has a pull the plug date. It's probably already a shortened season, compressed schedule, no all-star game, and playoffs in neutral site domes. At some point they're going to have to say to hell with it, the season is lost.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
KLRWVbk.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if MLB has a pull the plug date. It's probably already a shortened season, compressed schedule, no all-star game, and playoffs in neutral site domes. At some point they're going to have to say to hell with it, the season is lost.

I think that if they can't start the season by August 1st its not happening at all.

My guess is that if they start by Memorial day, then it will just be a shortened season with a regular postseason. If it starts later than that, MLB might try to get really creative WITH the season.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to feel like there isn't going to be baseball this year, which makes me wonder what happens to contracts, service time, free agency if the entire season is cancelled? Some pretty crazy ramifications that the league and union will have to work through.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Starting to feel like there isn't going to be baseball this year, which makes me wonder what happens to contracts, service time, free agency if the entire season is cancelled? Some pretty crazy ramifications that the league and union will have to work through.
Mookie is going to be the greatest Dodger that never played a single regular season game before bolting to the Yankees next year to beat up the Sox.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.mlb.com

Rewatch 30 classics for Opening Day at Home

Baseball fans around the globe still celebrated Opening Day this year. On Thursday, Major League Baseball presented “Opening Day at Home” -- a full slate of 30 games broadcast nationally across various platforms, including digital streaming and social media, creating a full-day event on what...

OP
OP
Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
www.espn.com

Manfred pledges to weave baseball into recovery

MLB commissioner Rob Manfred, speaking on the eve of what would have been Opening Day, said he hopes baseball can begin preparing for a season at some point in May but will work with experts before determining the league's exact return.

"The one thing I know for sure is baseball will be back," Manfred said. "Whenever it's safe to play, we'll be back. Our fans will be back. Our players will be back. And we will be part of the recovery, the healing in this country, from this particular pandemic.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

The digital Mets, who are a woeful 2-7, have been elevated today by Gary, Keith, and Ron calling the game live. Feels good to hear the best in the biz as this is the closest we'll get to the real thing for a while.

Love that they're talking about the Astros cheating scandal. Remember that? Feels like a million years ago.

Oct 27, 2017

The digital Mets, who are a woeful 2-7, have been elevated today by Gary, Keith, and Ron calling the game live. Feels good to hear the best in the biz as this is the closest we'll get to the real thing for a while.

Love that they're talking about the Astros cheating scandal. Remember that? Feels like a million years ago.

GKR took it a lot more serious than I thought they would. Total pros.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.usatoday.com

MLB considering radical realignment for 2020 season: Grapefruit and Cactus leagues

MLB has discussed eliminating the American and National leagues and to split teams between Arizona and Florida in order to play an abbreviated season.

For 2020 MLB is considering realigning teams based on their Spring Training HQs in Arizona and Florida.

GRAPEFRUIT LEAGUE

• NORTH: New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Toronto Blue Jays, Detroit Tigers, Pittsburgh Pirates.
  • SOUTH: Boston Red Sox, Minnesota Twins, Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Baltimore Orioles.
  • EAST: Washington Nationals, Houston Astros, New York Mets, St. Louis Cardinals, Miami Marlins.
CACTUS LEAGUE

• NORTHEAST: Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies, Oakland Athletics.
  • WEST: Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians, Los Angeles Angels.
  • NORTHWEST: Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
www.usatoday.com

MLB considering radical realignment for 2020 season: Grapefruit and Cactus leagues

MLB has discussed eliminating the American and National leagues and to split teams between Arizona and Florida in order to play an abbreviated season.

For 2020 MLB is considering realigning teams based on their Spring Training HQs in Arizona and Florida.
can we move the white sox to
NORTHWEST:
Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals.

instead :P

that looks like a lovely division for the white sox to be in :P
compared to one with the dodgers >.>

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood

This is incredible, thank you for sharing it

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome! It really is. If you close your eyes you could almost believe it was real.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
MLB 2020 Offseason |OT| - IT NEVER ENDS

--

Ohhhh no! Rip Hank Steinbrenner. Too bad so young. It sounds as though it wasn't from Covid, but from a liver disease? Who knows about complications though.

Status
Not open for further replies.