• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
Dodgers are so far out ahead they are doing rookie starting pitcher try outs during games this week. Today's contestant: Tony Gonsolin. I doubt he gets to keep that sweet ass 90's hair band worthy do in this picture, which will be a shame...

imageedit_4_21321564-16x9-1.jpg

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
LeMahieu is really locked in right now. Another HR today.. that is 5 in his last 9 games. 8 multi-hit games in his 12 game hitting streak. Hopefully he can get those 3 more 1B appearances.. I need that extra flexibility.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Dodgers are so far out ahead they are doing rookie starting pitcher try outs during games this week. Today's contestant: Tony Gonsolin. I doubt he gets to keep that sweet ass 90's hair band worthy do in this picture, which will be a shame...

imageedit_4_21321564-16x9-1.jpg
He had a great spring and has been amazing in the minors.. got rocked a bit there in the first inning, but hopefully those are just some jitters and he settles in. Urias and Stripling both went 3 innings yesterday so we'll need Tony to put in some innings ideally.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Am I bad person if I voted for Judge for the all star game, because if they give me a meme choice, I'm going to vote for the meme choice?

Shogmaster

Banned
Dec 12, 2017
He had a great spring and has been amazing in the minors.. got rocked a bit there in the first inning, but hopefully those are just some jitters and he settles in. Urias and Stripling both went 3 innings yesterday so we'll need Tony to put in some innings ideally.
On a positive note, he might still be rocking them mighty mullets. Anyone with SNLA can confirm?

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Ouch... SP try out not going so well for Gonsolin... 4 runs in the first inning lolz.
Defense didn't help him out at all today. 3 errors. Russell Martin after the game said he pitched really well. Also that sneaky bunt by the sneks didn't help the nerves.

Side note- Russell Martin is our best reliever ATM. 2 inns pitched 0.00 era and 1k. Kenley look out!!

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Hot take time.

This is the best Yankees team since 1998. I've never seen a team more systematically built to win games at a cellular level. If they get another high-end starter, it will no longer be fair.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I think 2009 would be a better comparison. This team's pitching sucks compared to the 1998 Yankees and league runs scored per game are basically identical when comparing 1998 to 2019 (so far). Although I guess Holder probably jacks up the stats singlehandily. I would rather have Torre or Girardi managing the bullpen over Boone, but I guess that's super obvious.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hot take time.

This is the best Yankees team since 1998. I've never seen a team more systematically built to win games at a cellular level. If they get another high-end starter, it will no longer be fair.

They will win a lot of regular season games, but teams that strike out a lot or has mediocre starting pitching generally don't do well in the postseason. The Yanks in the 90s were great teams because they have good starting pitching AND a balanced lineup. Guys like O'Neil, Tino, and Bernie can hit HRs, but they can also put bat on ball when the situation calls for it.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Cody Bellinger looks high as fuck right now on the All-Star selection show lmao

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Would just like to say Kurt Suzuki is tight. That is all.

Edit: just hit his 9th homer and I will reiterate Kurt Suzuki is TIGHT!

Last edited:

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I spent like 2 1/2 hours yesterday watching Jomboy videos. Haven't laughed that hard at a YouTube video in so long. Love it.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hunter Pence over J.D. is fucking hilarious. Mookie Betts not getting the same love the MLB seems to have for Trout is fucking hilarious. Bogaerts not even being in the All-Star game is fucking hilarious.

Hunter Pence has had a better year that JD, though. Betts isn't getting Trout love because he's not as good. Bogaerts only lost the fan vote, but you can be sure he'll be included on the ASG roster as a reserve.

Man, Red Sox fans. I fucking swear.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Bring back this logo and uniform scheme full-time

Status
Not open for further replies.