• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The production is so unbelievably bad. The sound quality, the image quality...

Heel

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Lopez's legacy as an NHB legend was already cemented. This is just icing on the cake.

154_.0.jpg

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a dumb opinion that I wish to be corrected: Interim belts should be done away with. I'm sure there's a good argument for interim belts that has to do with contracts and whatever, and I haven't heard it. I just really hate the idea of someone being made champion without actually winning a fight.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I have a dumb opinion that I wish to be corrected: Interim belts should be done away with. I'm sure there's a good argument for interim belts that has to do with contracts and whatever, and I haven't heard it. I just really hate the idea of someone being made champion without actually winning a fight.

The only real argument is long term injuries with a known but lengthy time off. Dominick Cruz's ACL injury is a good example. If they know you're not going to be able to fight for 18 months, then an interim champion makes more sense than stripping somebody.

If somebody just doesn't want to fight or if they have an injury that should heal within a year, I don't personally like interim belts either. In the first case strip them and in the latter set up a #1 contender fight.

Actual real reason: Belts make bucks and more people will pay for title fights so until title fights are so watered down that this is no longer true, interim belts will keep coming

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actual real reason: Belts make bucks and more people will pay for title fights so until title fights are so watered down that this is no longer true, interim belts will keep coming
Since this is true, then there should be more belt stripping and no interim belts. Champion isn't gonna be able to fight for six months? Strip him of the title and make a match for the vacant title.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is true, then there should be more belt stripping and no interim belts. Champion isn't gonna be able to fight for six months? Strip him of the title and make a match for the vacant title.

But if belt is good then two belts must be better, and an interim title now means a title vs title fight in the future.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But if belt is good then two belts must be better, and an interim title now means a title vs title fight in the future.
Ugh, and that's why I hate interim belts!! It's not a title vs title fight! It's some guy holding a fake title vs. the real title holder. Oh, but then when the guy with the fake belt wins, it's revealed that he was actually the real champion all along! It's so damn dumb. I hate interim belts and interim belt matches so much.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I thought Till was going to knock out Wonderboy, I was kind of close in that he did knock him down and went on to win.

My new prediction -

Yoel Romero is going to knock out Robert Whittaker. I want to be wrong about this but I feel it in my gut like I did with Till. On paper a fully healed up Whittaker without a bad leg like in the first fight should take this, and take it easily... but Romero has that crazy X factor.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Romero has the power of God behind him. It's just a matter of when God will bless him with that knock down/knock out.

I think he can knock out Whittaker but I want Whittaker to win because I just don't like Romero.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a feeling... that the soldier of God is taking this one by KO/TKO. But i really want Whittaker to win.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whittaker is ice cold.

Dude is just so fun to watch fight and he seems like a cool dude.

I'm stanning this man.

Levito

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please someone ask Whittaker who he romanced in Persona 4 cause what else are you gonna play on Vita

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Whittaker is about that Bethesda games life. Elder Scrolls Online and said he's played every Fallout.