• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Doubt Conor cares. Its not like he needs a belt to draw. Now he only has to fight one of these guys in September. At least the wheels are finally in motion!

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Hooooly shit. Good. Fuck Conor.

Doubt Conor cares. Its not like he needs a belt to draw. Now he only has to fight one of these guys in September. At least the wheels are finally in motion!

I think everyone is rooting on Khabib for this fight so that Conor v Khabib in Russia has a chance at actually happening.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I won't believe it until it's on UFC.com

Seriously guys, don't get your hopes up

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I won't believe it until it's on UFC.com

Seriously guys, don't get your hopes up

Khabib is out between May and September, right? He has to fight by April and I can't imagine Dana letting his hype train take a seat until the Russia card. Conor is getting stripped.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Conor doesn't need the belt to have interesting match ups. Same goes for GSP and most of the fighters who win and vacate.

Let the divisions keep rolling with active fighters

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Khabib is out between May and September, right? He has to fight by April and I can't imagine Dana letting his hype train take a seat until the Russia card. Conor is getting stripped.
I don't think Dana is that enthusiastic about throwing Khabib a bone after the tiramisu debacle especially if it means taking the belt off of Conor. I think the only way Tony/Khabib happens is if Conor has agreed a super money fight (with Nate).

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

UFC has spent the better part of a year making their belts worthless you can't just throw the "undisputed" in there and expect that will change things. Number one question for whoever wins this fight is still going to be "But what about Conor?" just because Khabib or Tony are "Undisputed" champ instead of "Interim" champ means jack shit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't even matter if he didn't know. He's responsible for what he puts in his body, and knowing what is and isn't restricted. There's zero distinction even if he didn't know. He still received the advantages from it.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Polygraph tests are bullshit. It still amazes me that police use them in actual investigations to clear people, when the tests are admissible in court.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Who do y'all have for Stipe v Ngannou?

I think Stipe goes to sleep in Round 1 getting caught kind of like how he got caught with Overeem. I just don't think he's going to be able to do anything to this guy, but I'd happily be wrong.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I want Stipe to win, I've enjoyed his Embedded spots. The UFC needs to figure out how to market him because he's actually a very cool/funny guy.

Ngannou has a more marketable story/presence, scary power.

Overall hoping for a good fight, hopefully it doesn't end in the opening minutes.

Nov 14, 2017

I think Stipe goes to sleep in Round 1 getting caught kind of like how he got caught with Overeem. I just don't think he's going to be able to do anything to this guy, but I'd happily be wrong.
I kind of feel Miocic has earned the benefit of the doubt by now but yeah my gut says this. He came extremely close to losing to Overeem and the margin for error against Ngannou is arguably even smaller. Overeem has a kind of bully mentality where he seems to get a bit lost once his main plan fails; it will be interesting to see what happens if Stipe survives a few bombs from Ngannou.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much how I see it.

Ngannou's going to be champ for a while. I just don't see anybody that can touch the guy or who wants to get into a striking match with him.

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The best Stipe besides Werdum literally running into a short jab is a Stipe that imposes his will....if he does that against Francis he's going to need to be fed through a tube for the rest of his life .

Basically options aren't good. He can beat Francis probably 2 times out of 10...hopefully for him this is one of those 2 times.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh looks like Rose vs JJ 2 is happening. Please destroy her again Rose.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Probably not a popular opinion around here but I was wondering why Ferguson and Khabib feel so entitled. They both have nice win streaks and are fun to watch but who have they really beaten?

Tony's last 4 - Kevin Lee (2017), RDA (2016), Lando (2016), Barboza (2015)

Khabib's last 4 - Barboza (2017), Johnson (2016), Horcher (2016), RDA (2014)

They both can't draw and both only fought once in 2017.

One could argue ranking Alvarez over both of them and even Gaethje was on an 18 fight win streak before losing to Eddie.

Chumley

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably not a popular opinion around here but I was wondering why Ferguson and Khabib feel so entitled. They both have nice win streaks and are fun to watch but who have they really beaten?

One could argue ranking Alvarez over both of them and even Gaethje was on an 18 fight win streak before losing to Eddie.

Barboza, Kevin Lee, and RDA are legit. And besides, the more important question is who is going to beat them? They've cleaned out the competition, and if Conor really wants to cement his legacy he has to take either of them or both of them on.

Seeing who comes out on top of those three is the most interesting storyline in the UFC right now.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
10 fight win streak (23–3) interim Champ in one of the strongest divisions in the company

versus

an as yet undefeated monster (25-0) whose supposedly never lost a round in sparring

but I'm sure UFC will still fuck up the marketing...

If the undercard is good, Tony v Khabib can do 750k.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that 223 is going to be sick. Rose vs JJ 2 too.. I want to see history repeat itself. Would be nice .

Mahkor

Alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Is this sarcasm? Who has Mcgregor beaten besides Aldo?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bummed that two great contenders get wasted but I guess I should just think of Tony as the champ.
Connor is going to return after his first divorce.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i always thought ufc/bellator planned their shit for it doesn't overlap, like bellator will be on friday

o well

what a hype weekend though