• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Last edited:

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Definitely looks like Tigrex, but there isn't a whole lot else going on.
Screen%20Shot%202018-12-10%20at%2010.17.07%20AM.png

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Wonder if we'll see something for the Dino Crisis 20th anniversary next year. Didn't know there was only 5 years separating the two franchises.

cyrix

Oct 27, 2017
sadly i really think the website is just an extreme close up of rathalos, nothing really screams tigrex to me.

cyrix

Oct 27, 2017
The orange and blue coloration around the eye do it for me.
you mean on the eyeball itself?
The blue on the skin just looks like lighting to me, and rathalos has blue around the outside of his iris (like where human eyes are white), where as tigrex has bright blue iris and the "whites" are very dark or black. at least that's how it looked in my little poking around.

Also the brow scaling/armor just looks very rath to me, and NOT very tigrex-y.

i dunno. I do really hope he comes back though!!!

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
For Tigrex, I'm talking about the logo itself. Not the main eye on the page.

Snormy

I'll think about it
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm getting brute tigrex vibes from that colouring which is somewhat terrifying as well. I am so ready for MHW expansion and just more MH in general.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Bumping this. Can't see any official date anywhere, but gematsu is putting March 11th as a date:

It's obviously just the release of the first game, but it doesn't seem like it'll be a physical event at this point.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The big eye close-up is a Rath. We've seen Rathalos' eye enough to be pretty familiar with it.

For the logo, that could be Tigrex. The purple part under the eye looks like Tigrex's glowing veins in rage state, though it's hard to tell with such a cartoony drawing.

Hoping we get some cool stuff for March even if there won't be a physical event.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Wonder what they'll do. We've already had the series-grand-tour in Generations/Gen Ult as well as the bold new step in World.

Not that gaming anniversaries have ever been that important and when companies have tried to force it (like with Sonic) it often ends poorly.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man

Just jumped back in to do the new witcher quest and knock out a few arena hunts

Instantly reminder of why MHW was the best game I played in 2018 and remains my favorite game of the generation (with bloodborne close behind)

Cant wait for whats next and to celebrate this crowning achievement for the series

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Generations ultimate for PS4 xbox pc would be possible
nah, they wouldn't sell all that well when those players can just pick up World/Iceborne

for this event, I can see an Iceborne blowout with some spinoff for switch (Stories Ultimate or new Monster Hunter Diary game) and mobile game

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope ice-borne is better than the stuff they've added to the game since Joh and Luna

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't ichinose been working on a switch monhun for years now? I could've sworn they spoke publicly of it on two occasions. Would explain why he wasn't on XX, anyways.

I just hope prowler mode is back and at least as good as it was in XX/GU.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Hasn't ichinose been working on a switch monhun for years now? I could've sworn they spoke publicly of it on two occasions. Would explain why he wasn't on XX, anyways.

I just hope prowler mode is back and at least as good as it was in XX/GU.

He and his team have been quiet for a while, yeah. Don't know if that means we'll get an announcement this month, but I'm just trusting that somewhere between what Dave Gibson hinted at and what LeakyPanda seemed pretty damn sure about, we'll be at least getting a tease of something in the near future.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter Dos
Monster Hunter Tri
Monster Hunter 4 (Vanilla)

Remasters on Switch, 40$ per game and digital only.

Nah honestly looking forward to more Iceborne footage. If there is a new exclusive MH for Switch it probably be unveiled later and be part of a Direct.

If it's a Multiplattform game/spinoff also hitting Switch that would make more sense.

OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Well the event is definitely not just about Iceborne looking at the website anyway.
Monster Hunter will celebrate its 15th anniversary in March 2019!
The celebration is dedicated to all the hunters who have and continue to show their love and support for all things Monster Hunter. The festivities are fast approaching so stay tuned for more announcements!
Followed by just a link to Iceborne (called bnr_img02.jpg on the website):
bnr_img02.jpg

bnr_img01.jpg leads to this picture, which isn't on the website right now:
bnr_img01.jpg

Which makes sense, considering MH World demos were time limited (unlike 4/Gen/etc).

edit: oh actually there's now merch on the JP website.

Last edited:

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter Dos
Monster Hunter Tri
Monster Hunter 4 (Vanilla)

Remasters on Switch, 40$ per game and digital only.

Nah honestly looking forward to more Iceborne footage. If there is a new exclusive MH for Switch it probably be unveiled later and be part of a Direct.

If it's a Multiplattform game/spinoff also hitting Switch that would make more sense.

Could be, But could very well be there since XX was released 2 years ago and that was an expansion(+main game) of X released a year earlier. But i could see them announcing it at the 15y anniversary event.

Quite curious as to what the second MH team can do with the switch hardware tbh. The MH stage in smash ultimate already looked quite nice.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Almost 500 dollaroos for that messenger bag. It better be made out of legit black dragon leather or i'll riot.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Monster Hunter World was really the announcement of the gen for them. Its on the high horsepower platforms. They are working on Iceborne too. They are doing a very unCapcom thing right now by letting World breathe as well.

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
Is there an actual event in Japan associated with this, or just this site where we're expecting updates/announcements?

Last edited:

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World was really the announcement of the gen for them. Its on the high horsepower platforms. They are working on Iceborne too. They are doing a very unCapcom thing right now by letting World breathe as well.

Yeah it's very unlike them, but welcome.

Have they shown any more of the movie?

lori

Oct 25, 2017
He and his team have been quiet for a while, yeah. Don't know if that means we'll get an announcement this month, but I'm just trusting that somewhere between what Dave Gibson hinted at and what LeakyPanda seemed pretty damn sure about, we'll be at least getting a tease of something in the near future.
the z person also implied a big switch title is getting announced this month, wouldn't shock me if it was this.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad there's a near 0% chance of getting anything new in MHW this month for the anniversary, seeing as we just had the 1-year anniversary fest less than a month ago.

Guess I'll just hope for more definitive Iceborne news.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Interesting that they haven't announced a live event yet. Maybe they'll just do a stream this year. If a Switch-exclusive MonHun is announced this month, when do you think it will release? I think it could be an winter title. An announcement this month for a spring-summer release window seems too soon to me, but I certainly hope I'm wrong there! Fall 2019 might be too busy, between DQXI S and rumors of a P4G-type re-release for Persona 5 potentially occupying Japanese gamers' attention, not to mention the risk of cannibalizing and/or being cannibalized by Frostborne.

(Maybe it's Monster Hunter Stories 2. I'll be excited if no one else will. Monster Hunter Stories is actually an underrated gem.)

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Interesting that they haven't announced a live event yet. Maybe they'll just do a stream this year. If a Switch-exclusive MonHun is announced this month, when do you think it will release? I think it could be an winter title. An announcement this month for a spring-summer release window seems too soon to me, but I certainly hope I'm wrong there! Fall 2019 might be too busy, between DQXI S and rumors of a P4G-type re-release for Persona 5 potentially occupying Japanese gamers' attention, not to mention the risk of cannibalizing and/or being cannibalized by Frostborne.

I think if it gets teased now, it'll probably be a Q1 2020 release at the very latest. Different audiences, but I do think they'll try to give Iceborne a chance to shine on its own.

Or at least, that's what I expect. I'd like to think they wouldn't do anything akin to how XX/GU was teased and bounced around while World was the focus.

Oct 26, 2017

I remember David Gibson teasing something (like a wink wink nudge nudge kind of hint), but what did LeakyPanda say?

the z person also implied a big switch title is getting announced this month, wouldn't shock me if it was this.

You mean King Zell? What did he say? I assume if he said this month, it wasn't the Direct or Pokemon since all that was last month now.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
You mean King Zell? What did he say? I assume if he said this month, it wasn't the Direct or Pokemon since all that was last month now.
You know that this is gonna be an amazing year for Switch when Nintendo showed all this on Direct and we already know that there so much yet to be shown "AC,LM3,Pokemon etc".

Also alot of third party games are yet to be announced "some in March" that will make this year even more amazing.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'd be happy with a switch mh announcement (doesn't need a release date yet but I wouldn't complain), some iceborne news, and whatever event they are using to hold the time between now and AT Nergi. In other words, this is my expectation... I also expect to be disappointed, lol.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they will show a trailer for the movie, some surprise free DLC updates, and maybe even a new port of the Switch title for XB1 and PS4.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
LP just came outright and said that a Monster Hunter Switch game "should be" announced in March. It appears he's since removed that tweet, but here's a screen grab.

Dy56dzXXgAIyq-o.jpg
LeakyPanda's track record isn't great. It's fine to entertain his claims, but don't take them at face value. I trust Dave Gibson, though.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A trailer for the movie would be like the worst possible announcement for this date so I'm totally counting on it to happen.
Same. I expect the worst and will be pleasantly surprised if we get an Iceborne trailer or an announcement of the next portable game.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I could see an exclusive Monster Hunter title on Switch and a date for Iceborne (not the PC version of course because fuck us right?)