• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Never happened to me even when he's there.
When he's already there he leaves when the monster dies but due to terrible luck or something I've killed the monster just as he arrives twice and it takes a minute or two for him to stop attacking when he makes his first appearance. I was in MP the second time it happened and the other guy got one carve and I got zero again :/

He was pretty interesting as an invasion monster at first but now that I'm at the point where he doesn't pose a danger he's just an asshole who's constantly crashing the party to steal my thunder. Super annoying.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Switched from the long sword to charge blade. Talk about simple to complex. I have to get used to being able to block

Barm

Jan 23, 2018
Not sure if this has been brought up or not (a quick search yielded nothing), but why am I able to play online without a PS+ sub? I mean, I get a warning that not all features will be available, but when I cancel out of that, everything seems to work fine and I am able to join up with other players and everything. It has been like this for at least a week, maybe since day one but I didn't try playing on anything other than private solo until a few days back. Am I missing something here?

Oct 27, 2017
Been liking the dual blades but i kind of want to try something that doesn't require me to be super close to the monsters. I feel i can roll well to avoid but i still take a lot of up close hits when i'm attacking. What's a good weapon that isn't very complex but allows decent distance and is strong (or can be upgraded to be strong)?

Tenjin

Dec 3, 2017
When he's already there he leaves when the monster dies but due to terrible luck or something I've killed the monster just as he arrives twice and it takes a minute or two for him to stop attacking when he makes his first appearance. I was in MP the second time it happened and the other guy got one carve and I got zero again :/

He was pretty interesting as an invasion monster at first but now that I'm at the point where he doesn't pose a danger he's just an asshole who's constantly crashing the party to steal my thunder. Super annoying.

flash pods. stun him, carve, if he recovers, stun him again ... I always carry 10 bugs and 3 pods with me. normally I have 2-5 left at the end.

Not sure if this has been brought up or not (a quick search yielded nothing), but why am I able to play online without a PS+ sub? I mean, I get a warning that not all features will be available, but when I cancel out of that, everything seems to work fine and I am able to join up with other players and everything. It has been like this for at least a week, maybe since day one but I didn't try playing on anything other than private solo until a few days back. Am I missing something here?

well, who cares, if it works^^

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly having a hard time switching to another weapon, I'm just too used to the LS lol

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Sadly it doesn;t change that much. There are a few monsters that shake things up such as Odogaron however one big blemish on World is the lack of monster variety.
you have 14 weapons to choose from, so it is on you to change up the fights. I played a lot with LS, now I'm all into the HH, trying to Lance again, will probably try gunlance soon and I got a hero's streamstone Lance and one for LBG/HBG in my Box ... If you want, you can bring a lot of diversity into the game, even with less Monsters compared to the Ultimate Versions.

That's a shame. I was under the impression you had to really examine the monsters behavior and attack patterns and the different monster would have different ways to approach the fight. So far I've applied what I've been doing from the first couple fights in the game to every monster and handing them with no issues. I use charge blade Dual blades and insecto glaive. The game is still fun though its just something I've noticed.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I switched from Long Sword to Charge Blade as well. I've been playing Charge Blade for over 30 hours now, but I still don't use the shield outside of accidental guard points.

Ah ok. I much prefer dodging do that's good to know.

Have any YouTube tutorials you liked? I watched one to get me started but now that I've killed about 10 more monsters with it I think the tutorials and tips will make more sense.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Been liking the dual blades but i kind of want to try something that doesn't require me to be super close to the monsters. I feel i can roll well to avoid but i still take a lot of up close hits when i'm attacking. What's a good weapon that isn't very complex but allows decent distance and is strong (or can be upgraded to be strong)?

Long Sword is what you want.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame. I was under the impression you had to really examine the monsters behavior and attack patterns and the different monster would have different ways to approach the fight. So far I've applied what I've been doing from the first couple fights in the game to every monster and handing them with no issues. I use charge blade Dual blades and insecto glaive. The game is still fun though its just something I've noticed.

Veterans are hoping for G Rank to be added because that's exactly what you want.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After attempting to "get" the Hunting Horn in multiple games, I feel like I've finally clicked with it in World. The ability to queue songs and play all + encore in one go is insane.

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to try Uragaan solo yesterday with the lance, I destroyed him lol the game is so much easier solo, we had such a hard time when I first fought him with my friends.
I managed to cut is tail and even break his stupid face.

Next is Bazelgeuse solo .

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't even touched HR Diablos (clearing out my 6* quests) and the game gives me Black Diablos as part of a three way hunt. Nope!

Mr.LightMan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So after putting more hours into the game and giving it another shot to keep me interested, I'm done with the game. It's ok I guess and I found certain parts more annoying than I did fun.
Quick question though, the cat, did I miss something there cause I remember the cat being very helpful when you get stun but more then half the time the cat was just standing there next to me.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
flash pods. stun him, carve, if he recovers, stun him again ... I always carry 10 bugs and 3 pods with me. normally I have 2-5 left at the end.
Both times that it happened I was caught off guard and freaking out trying to get my carves in so I didn't even think of that, good advice.

If you stick with the game that will change a bit in post game. Not dramatically but the difficulty ramps up enough that you can't approach every monster as mindlessly as you can sometimes once you get strong enough gear in HR.

Capcom really seems to have wanted to make this game as approachable as possible to newcomers but I hope that changes with MHWG and it gets more challenging. I think I fainted twice prior to finishing the main campaign but difficulty seems closer to what HR would usually be now that I'm near HR49.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is G Rank?

New rank

So think of the transition from Low rank to High rank but again

So all new materials in the world

Usually is a larger leap/expansion of the game

So new maps and monsters along with higher diffuculty

Monsters get faster, stronger, new moves and new AI. It gets nutty. The ultimate MH experience and challenge

fredriklk

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
From what little I read, monsters behave differently and are much tougher. For the hardcore, I suppose if you did everything else.

Yeah, g-rank is a whole other game than high rank. One mistake and you are dead or very close to dead. If you dont know the monster well, you will tripple cart. My first mh without g-rank so its a bit strange, and by far the easiest mh i have played

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Bazelgeuse is like one of those obnoxious friends who you never invite to a party you're throwing but he always manages to find out about it and show up ruining all the fun

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh weird, got a azure rath into a pitfall trap, bombed him twice as usual (poor thing was drooling and limping all over the place so I figured he was good), it didnt work so I was like "welp fuck it guess ill kill him then" but then I poked him a bit mroe and it captured him. So I guess the dmg threshold can be reached after you bomb them.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there will be an event quest that has you fighting against some felynes. It's pretty odd that this is the first game where you can't fight them.

Robiin

Oct 26, 2017
Really liking the Switch Axe. However, I'm not really employing any particular steategies far as choosing modes goes. If I see I have a full bar, I use the sword. If I have a good opening I use elemental discharge. Any other Switch Axe bros with some tips and strategies?

Also I've gotten some attacks with a special animation, it looks like a mounting attack and it deals tons of damage. What caused this, how do I do it and what was it called (discharged something IIRC?)?

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
6gMz4Nu.gif

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
huh weird, got a azure rath into a pitfall trap, bombed him twice as usual (poor thing was drooling and limping all over the place so I figured he was good), it didnt work so I was like "welp fuck it guess ill kill him then" but then I poked him a bit mroe and it captured him. So I guess the dmg threshold can be reached after you bomb them.
Being able to get the the monster's health down to the point they can be capped after they're in the trap has been the case in the 5 or so of these games that I've played but the tempered monsters limping but still not ready to be captured is new as far as I know and pretty interesting.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there will be an event quest that has you fighting against some felynes. It's pretty odd that this is the first game where you can't fight them.
You fight against Grimalkynes in a few instances (though they're definitely much more friendly than their old world counterparts).

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Really liking the Switch Axe. However, I'm not really employing any particular steategies far as choosing modes goes. If I see I have a full bar, I use the sword. If I have a good opening I use elemental discharge. Any other Switch Axe bros with some tips and strategies?

Also I've gotten some attacks with a special animation, it looks like a mounting attack and it deals tons of damage. What caused this, how do I do it and what was it called (discharged something IIRC?)?

The mounting attack is called Zero Sum Discharge. When you land enough attacks on sword mode, you will enter Amped State and the sword icon on your top left should glow like this (last image):

sa_gauge.png

If you perform a normal elemental discharge while in Amped State, you'll do a Zero-Sum Discharge instead. Take a look at this guide (https://mhworld.kiranico.com/guide/switch-axe) and this video for some useful SA tips:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really wish killing monsters in expeditions added to Hunter Rank.

Expeditions might be the most fun and interesting things in the game, but you're incentivized to do literally anything else.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow i am glad for whoever gave me that ghille mantel (the one you turn invincable for a while) tip for the egg quests otherwise i had to slay that dragon.

It really helps with those supply box delivery quests.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they peppered in more monsters into hr, earlier. You go from a new monster almost every hunt to "I dunno lol do the entire game loop again" Not sure how many more times I want to fight an anjanath, harder or not. It'd be one thing if they had new attacks, but it's literally just hp and damage sliders being increased.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I just paid attention to my play time, and it's at almost 50 hours. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
G rank is multiplayer only usually? Damn
Well, it was in the multiplayer area. You can totally solo G-rank monsters as much as you want, but they were definitely balanced for multiplayer.

(For World I imagine there'll be solo-balanced G-rank as well, since they've integrated single- and multiplayer areas this time around.)

Status
Not open for further replies.