Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
G rank is multiplayer only usually? Damn
I think 4U(?) let you fight the vast majority of the G rank monsters in the single player campaign but the drop rates for rare mats were lower to match the lower difficulty. I really doubt that Capcom is going to make G rank for World MP only as that would kind of go against the entire premise of the drop in/drop out gameplay.

Edit: Oh and yeah, there was never anything stopping you from just going into a G rank quest solo, you just had to prepare for it being a grind since the monster's health was set a lot higher.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Same i'm at 40 tho, soonish entering high rank just need to slay diablos and rathalos but i am doin the canteen quests first for better meals.
I don't think I'm close to entering high rank. I'm at about level 9 in Hunter Rank. The current story mission I have is to find the First Wyverians in Ancient Forrest.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
My hope for G rank is the monsters actually get new moves (they didn't this time in high rank for some reason), have more HP relative to hunter strength, and hunters don't powercreep as much as they already have. The sets we have access to already eclipse G rank sets in past games so I'm not even sure how they will address this. Over half the roster in this game isn't worth fighting at endgame while solo because they just get stagger locked and die in less than 2 minutes. I would have liked to do speedruns on some of the earlier monsters like Tobi but it just seems pointless.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Felt like an absolute BA after slaying the Diabolos that monster single handedly made me quit the last monster hunter game I played. Got an awesome new switch axe out of it too.

I upgraded all my armor from an Anjonoth set to a Rathalos set but looking at the abilities and my Switch axe I think it might be better to do an Odogoran set given the quick draw ability and how often using the Switch axe relies on putting away and redrawing the blade. Am I right on that?

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Felt like an absolute BA after slaying the Diabolos that monster single handedly made me quit the last monster hunter game I played. Got an awesome new switch axe out of it too.

I upgraded all my armor from an Anjonoth set to a Rathalos set but looking at the abilities and my Switch axe I think it might be better to do an Odogoran set given the quick draw ability and how often using the Switch axe relies on putting away and redrawing the blade. Am I right on that?
do you sheathe to chase the monster or dodge/evade?
if you use it for dodge, evade distance is not bad.
it just how frequent you need to actually sheathe during the fight counts than to sheathe after the fight has left the house

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
do you sheathe to chase the monster or dodge/evade?
if you use it for dodge, evade distance is not bad.
it just how frequent you need to actually sheathe during the fight counts than to sheathe after the fight has left the house

I sheath my weapon incredibly frequently during fights to increase my mobility for various reasons but most of my dodging is done with the weapon out.

And if I'm reading that right you're saying it's useful if you frequently sheath during the fight correct?

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
Jesus Christ this game have LAYERS. It never ends in terms of gear, weapons, etc. Goddamn this game is dense. 20 hours in and I barely scratch the surface.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

I never speak to her if I can help it for that reason, prefer the noticeboard.

Had my first failed hunt in the game with Nergi. This overgrown cactus is aggressive as all hell and have a few combos that could KO you. Not to mention also went in blind solo and brought the wrong element. Packed a few bombs the next round and overcame that spikey bugger but took me 40 minutes! I really love how you can switch weapons now though, I finished him off by hiding and firing at a bunch of barrel bombs when he walked into them.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Defeated Legiana and Odogoron this morning.

Legiana was pretty easy, took me a while to find it though.

Odogoron was pretty easy until he retreated to his nest and started jumping off the walls. Bastard carted me twice with some killer combos and had me on the ropes but I came out on top. First time I've struggled to win.

Might be time for me to slow down and start farming for some gear.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I got to give it to Dodogma, that spicy Jagras doesn't give a fuck about Azure Rathalos and will fight him any day of the week.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
^ Dodogama interrupted my Uragaan and Lavasioth hunting quest yesterday and promptly became a much greater threat than both as well as knocking both man and beast on their arses with multiple blast balls, don't mess with the Dodo!

--
My friend just informed me that there's a mantel to increase stun, this will go nicely with my slugger hammer set, seeing that in multiplayer it takes an eternity to knock late game monsters out.
Then you go back to single player and the dudes get conked out in 5 hits.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I was doing a Dodogama Investigation last night and suddenly a Rathalos and Bazel dropped by. So I was running around like a mad man avoiding them while I awaited the randoms to join in. Rath and Bazel both beat up the Dodogama pretty badly, hah

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
^ Dodogama interrupted my Uragaan and Lavasioth hunting quest yesterday and promptly became a much greater threat than both as well as knocking both man and beast on their arses with multiple blast balls, don't mess with the Dodo!

--
My friend just informed me that there's a mantel to increase stun, this will go nicely with my slugger hammer set, seeing that in multiplayer it takes an eternity to knock late game monsters out.
I didn't notice it upon my first encounter with Dodo but dude is aggressive as hell. I respect that.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands

--

Yes it is the impact mantle. I haven't been able to check how much % it ads to the success of a stun.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
God fighting HR Kirin is a pain in the ASS. Fucker jumps around so much, seems hard to hit with my bow or SnS and is constantly nailing my ass with those thunder attacks.

I had gotten cocky lately and was humbled.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
God fighting HR Kirin is a pain in the ASS. Fucker jumps around so much, seems hard to hit with my bow or SnS and is constantly nailing my ass with those thunder attacks.

I had gotten cocky lately and was humbled.

Kirin definitely forces you to reconsider your tactics

He demands a different playstyle and precision... or bombs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I just smack him really safely, no combos and shit. Thanks god he has not that much HP...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
We did the dual Kirin event this week end and it doesn't count. Pretty sure the limited bounty is HR Elder dragons only.
I have LR investigations for him - perhaps the issue is that was an event quest and not a hunt? Game is pretty explicit usually about whether it needs to be a HR kill or not and the rank is HR8 or 9 if memory serves. When I'm about to go in I'll throw the session ID up so anyone can join if they like.

I hate when the skull icon doesnt show up on monsters and you accidentaly kill them in a capture investigation :(
I look out for the skull, but if it seems a long time coming look out for the limp along with an almost flatline in the ECG meter under their icon (mark the monster in the map to highlight it in that list for easy reference).

Does this video explain the exclamation point on the monster's icon? What is that?!
Pretty sure this means that you've engaged with the monster (or it has engaged with you, in the case of Beetlejuice).

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
While we're talking about icons, what is the usual icon that appears next to other hunters names? The one that keeps flashing between it and their weapon.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this WAS posted, but I've been through the posts since last night and haven't noticed it, so FYI:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I have LR investigations for him - perhaps the issue is that was an event quest and not a hunt? Game is pretty explicit usually about whether it needs to be a HR kill or not and the rank is HR8 or 9 if memory serves.

Not at home right now, but I found the text about this week's bounty :

Ecology Survey: Slay Elder Dragon (high rank)
  • 600 Research Points
  • 4x Hard Armor Sphere
  • 1x Silver Wyverian Print

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Beat pink rath last night after some trouble. Was easy once I could remove the tail, no more poisoning.

Final area is kinda meh. Coral and Forest the best, honorable mention to Vale if only for the awesome Nausicaa-esque music.

Not sure how much longer I'll keep playing as top priority. At a minimum I'd like to beat all the monsters at least once, see the credits maybe. I don't see what is left of the loot grind keeping me that motivated.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know how to improve the multiplayer experience? Becoming a part of a guild? Or what is your approach?

Nothing really. I just play like normal. Altho I do enjoy using Health boosters and powders to help the randoms in my game. Haven't played with anyone here aside from burgerdog who joined some of my games.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
I finally bead that jerk Anjernath. Used the R4 Legiana bow, which makes me feel bad for dropping the bowgun/lance combo I have been using. Although I feel like I got into an even better rhythm with the Lance when I took on the 2x Berroth and Diablos event quest.

Side question: When using the bandit mantle, does it have a better chance to proc the more hits you do? I used dual swords on Rathian Event Quest and walked out with an extra 15k in trade in items

Pink Rathion can kiss my A$$.

I have a feeling I am about to see her. I just downed the HR Anjernath and they keep talking about Pink Rathan. I cant wait, by far my favorite creature in the game so far

Status
Not open for further replies.