• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Dear Capcom,

Please do a future skin and weapon event for Bloodborne.Oh dear god, that would be perfect. Switch Axe saw blade and the iconic hunter armor set...

Wonder what the Calico armor would look like?

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just completed the Pink Rathian quest. Even managed to hunt a Legiana on the side. Pink Rathian herself gave me some trouble in the last phase. The one time I carted was solely on myself, but I swear to God, the hitboxes of some of the monsters' charge moves are infuriating.

Got some nice loot, though. A Rathian Plate and a Rathian Ruby, among others. The Legiana on the other hand managed to drop five hides, three scales and nothing else.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
ccW5Kt8.gif

Hattori

Oct 25, 2017
I've successfully sniped all the bonus armor skills decorations yet a focus jewel is nowhere to be found...it does exist right?

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always. I got 1-2 per run tonight. Really nice streak. Just got the Miniature Crown trophy.

Congrats on the trophy, slowing but surely working my way towards those as well. & thanks for the heads up on the events -- is that ALL event quests, or just the multihunt ones? I just ran the Anja one & got a gold one, so I either got lucky or the trophy isn't going to be as bad as I had thought.

Hopefully its the second one

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Finally got credits. Took me about 100 hours. Taking my sweet time and loving every minute. Ended up doing all hr14 quests tonight tho just to get it over with

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I really hate that move the Rathian does where it just runs back and forth multiple times. It never fails to hit me and stun me. It even does it while flashed too.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the trophy, slowing but surely working my way towards those as well. & thanks for the heads up on the events -- is that ALL event quests, or just the multihunt ones? I just ran the Anja one & got a gold one, so I either got lucky or the trophy isn't going to be as bad as I had thought.

Hopefully its the second one

Yup, they count as long as they're gold. So always do the events especially if it's an easy big one.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017

I hope they recycled the past events for you.

There's Wildspire Waste and Ancient Forest events in the past 2 weeks that feature 5 monsters and give relatively easy crowns ( both miniature and giant ) should you do them. They also give gems at higher rates too, the likes of wyvern / bird wyvern / rathalos ruby / anj gem etc.

This popped up in my investigations earlier and I was like.. "Do I really want to attempt this"??

86837303-1919-481d-b643-87f4769f032e.PNG

You can insert a scholar deco in your equipment or wear a hat that has the scholar skill instead and then use tempered kirins to farm for tracks.

Tracks that will lead to other tempered elder dragons investigation.

Attack up 7 or Weakness exploit 3
Which one is better?

I would always go for Weakness Exploit, it cost you far less to achieved it. There's plenty of armors with Lv2 Weakness Exploit.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the last boss for the first time, got a gem while carving. I assume i got really lucky?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Up to 65 Vaal Hazaks and still no little crown :L

I could probably be convinced the small crown for this guy doesn't exist at this point.
I got large and small for him after 16 kills and Kirin after 13 kills but I also have around 25-30 kills each on Nerg/Teostra/Daora and still no large/small gold crowns on any of those.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I got large and small for him after 16 kills and Kirin after 13 kills but I also have around 25-30 kills each on Nerg/Teostra/Daora and still no large/small gold crowns on any of those.

I'm at 50+ on every Elder Dragon except Kirin, where I'm only at 11. I have the small Teostra and large Vaal. I have silver large crowns for everything, but those are worthless ):<

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at 50+ on every Elder Dragon except Kirin, where I'm only at 11. I have the small Teostra and large Vaal. I have silver large crowns for everything, but those are worthless ):<

I'm also on 50+ for all dragons except kirin. Got both for Vaal, 2 large for Nergi & Kush and 1 small for Teo.

Do you have investigations to burn through? How about use this video as guide?

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I'm also on 50+ for all dragons except kirin. Got both for Vaal, 2 large for Nergi & Kush and 1 small for Teo.

Do you have investigations to burn through? How about use this video as guide?

I've got Vaal Hazak for days, at least a page and half of him exclusively and that's just the tempered ones. The other elders outside kirin are pretty sparse for tempered. I'm not at a point of just burning them though, I actually like Vaal as my punching bag for trying out new weapons, and I've got my solo runtime average below 8 minutes. Bookmarking that video for reference, I'm sure I'll wind up needing it at some point.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate that move the Rathian does where it just runs back and forth multiple times. It never fails to hit me and stun me. It even does it while flashed too.
I'm forever getting hit by the derpiest moves. Seems that I need a big ass telegraph to properly take notice of stuff.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Reached HR100 yesterday after 198h as well. Now to debate how I'll tackle the HR100 quest, probably elemental bows for Kush/Teo and lance for Nerg.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear Capcom,

Please do a future skin and weapon event for Bloodborne.Oh dear god, that would be perfect. Switch Axe saw blade and the iconic hunter armor set...

Wonder what the Calico armor would look like?
The Girros and Kadachi sets already instantly remind me of Bloodborne, especially the Girros one. Kadachi set would look almost exactly like a Bloodborne Hunter if you could make it all black.

Would be sick to see some actual BB weapons though. I would have been so hyped if MHW's hammer was also a sword like BB's Kirkhammer.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Finally nuked this fucker a few times. Crafted his whole armour set as it looks cool and I'm fed up running around in mismatched pieces for lvl 1 bonuses. Fashion Souls it is for now. Even my cat has a set of his armour.

I upgraded my Switch Axe to a Bone Smasher 2. First rarity 4 weapon I've got. My hammer and some others seem to need a piece from a monster a few more missions ahead to reach rarity 4.

Does everyone else use the electric trap/sleep bomb combo for capturing enemies? Is this the best way to do it?

Ashgar

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a different control for slide evades? I use LBG as my main but I just roll and superman dive (with A/X), haven't been able to consistently slide around.
If you do two evades in a row immediately after a shot (or apparently planting a mine), you'll sidestep for the first one and slide for the second. I'm not sure if you need to still be aiming, as I haven't gotten a lot of LBG play in.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only cap sleepers, so I've never had any reason to use anything else. If people are capturing monsters while they're still active they might have different needs, I guess?

I usually do it when they are limping, or if I have the skull icon (but this isn't always there on underresearched animals).

When sleeping do you still need to drop the electric trap? I guess it just sets itself off right away if dropped on top of them?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Finally nuked this fucker a few times. Crafted his whole armour set as it looks cool and I'm fed up running around in mismatched pieces for lvl 1 bonuses. Fashion Souls it is for now. Even my cat has a set of his armour.

I upgraded my Switch Axe to a Bone Smasher 2. First rarity 4 weapon I've got. My hammer and some others seem to need a piece from a monster a few more missions ahead to reach rarity 4.

Does everyone else use the electric trap/sleep bomb combo for capturing enemies? Is this the best way to do it?
That's generally how to do it. Sometimes you might need a pit trap if you've used a few shock ones already, but that's about it. Get the monster down to cap range, get them in a trap, use 2 tranq bombs on them.

I usually do it when they are limping, or if I have the skull icon (but this isn't always there on underresearched animals).

When sleeping do you still need to drop the electric trap? I guess it just sets itself off right away if dropped on top of them?
You always need to use a trap.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool :)

I noticed I have some sinister cloth in my inventory and it makes some really awesome looking death stench armour. -4 to Dragons seems a bit too much, but man I wish this game had transmog (cmon Capcom, that is an easy patch). I'll stick with my Odogaron armour for now, and try to push into high level.

Death stench looks badass on the cat too LOL.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Cool :)

I noticed I have some sinister cloth in my inventory and it makes some really awesome looking death stench armour. -4 to Dragons seems a bit too much, but man I wish this game had transmog.

Death stench looks badass on the cat too LOL.
You can counteract that with a dragon resist charm or gem slots. That said it'd only be an issue against monsters that use the dragon element.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can counteract that with a dragon resist charm or gem slots. That said it'd only be an issue against monsters that use the dragon element.

Ah okay, I just assumed it would be all dragons and I seem to be fighting a few of them right now.

I've only got two pieces of cloth so I might just make it for my cat for now. He dies less than me anyway lmao.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017

If they're sleeping: you bomb their head twice (this doesn't actually wake them up), then drop the trap. It automatically goes off as soon as it's armed, and they get captured without ever actually waking up.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay, I just assumed it would be all dragons and I seem to be fighting a few of them right now.

I've only got two pieces of cloth so I might just make it for my cat for now. He dies less than me anyway lmao.
I don't think there's many dragon element monsters in the game right now. That'll change when Jho gets eat everyone and everything (including his own tail) in the spring. I'd definitely check before each fight what element the monster you're fighting is and what it's weak to. Using the right armor for a fight can give you a huge advantage.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm forever getting hit by the derpiest moves. Seems that I need a big ass telegraph to properly take notice of stuff.

Speaking of, can anyone explain Vaal's Tail taking so much health and wiping people on what looks like him just turning around? I can't tell the difference from this attack to all the other times his tail just passes over. It is for sure different than his normal tail attack, and that's the problem it doesn't look like an attack and hits hard, second only to his breath stream attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.