• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in the beginner thread but just an example of why I'm having so much fun with the Lance.

dude, when youre running press forward and X to jump and then triangle to mount it :D

Lance mounts monsters like a motherfucker, I was chasing a Bageljuice earlier like you were, but I jumped on it and killed it with the mounting special attack face stab :)

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
dude, when youre running press forward and X to jump and then triangle to mount it :D

Lance mounts monsters like a motherfucker, I was chasing a Bageljuice earlier like you were, but I jumped on it and killed it with the mounting special attack face stab :)

I did in the first part of the gif! And yeah, the lance mounts like crazy... its a blast.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time when I see Bazelgeuse at elsewhere in some areas. I yelled

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I did in the first part of the gif! And yeah, the lance mounts like crazy... its a blast.

I didnt think I would be able to go from Gunlance to Lance and miss all the explosions, but its so good. Also counter block is dope, but risky since theres alot of multiple hit shit in HR :(

I never use that ultimate block because im bad at this game (also because I only switched to Lance 2 days ago) I probably should huh?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Hey again

I'm glad yall like my monster category cheat sheet (see below if you missed it)

rl0tNSy.jpg

well I got off work a bit early today and felt like making a weakness cheat sheet!

2FWzPa8.jpg

I just love making stuff like this, but with the DLC potentially adding 24 monsters my format is gunna get so messed up lol!

Anyways, hope yall enjoy and it helps someone

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt think I would be able to go from Gunlance to Lance and miss all the explosions, but its so good. Also counter block is dope, but risky since theres alot of multiple hit shit in HR :(

I never use that ultimate block because im bad at this game (also because I only switched to Lance 2 days ago) I probably should huh?

I've actually been using the power block to counter because it allows you to turn around to hit the counter attack, so if something charges through you you can pivot and counter behind. It is super useful though on anything that has a big telegraphed move like Diablos' burrow or Nergigante's dive bomb.

Hey again

well I got off work a bit early today and felt like making a weakness cheat sheet!

I just love making stuff like this, but with the DLC potentially adding 24 monsters my format is gunna get so messed up lol!

That is awesome, I'll definitely keep that cheat sheet open.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
reposting for top of new page;

Ok Era we'll see how this goes and if if we can get a few people in on this. I made an Era squad just now for those of us on ps4. Send friend invites to psn; Raidenshugelaser. I'll add you, invite you to the room, and from there I can invite you to the squad. From then on when you hop online you can go to Squad session search and if any of us are online you'll be taken straight to the era room to play. Max is 50 members so I don't know how many are even interested in this. I play pretty much nightly so I'll try to get everyone in as much as possible.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey again

rl0tNSy.jpg

2FWzPa8.jpg

Good stuff! What's this about the DLC though? Was there a leak?

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Hey again

rl0tNSy.jpg

2FWzPa8.jpg

Right click, saved. What a great idea, and really well executed.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

You should learn the Power Guard for these reason :

1. You can redirect your counter thrust unlike standard counter-block. So if a Diablos charge past you, simply tilt your stick to opposite direction and boom , you stabbed his tail.

2. Power Guard doesn't consume stamina when monster attack hits you, you only lose the Stamina from the stamina drain. So by timing the Power Guard right before an attack connect, you don't lose any stamina. Also applies to multihit attack, things like Kulu multipeck can drain your stamina if you block normally, but with Power Guard, you only lose the stamina from the stamina drain.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey again

rl0tNSy.jpg

2FWzPa8.jpg

This is fantastic! Thanks for making this, will definitely be using it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
+
I've actually been using the power block to counter because it allows you to turn around to hit the counter attack, so if something charges through you you can pivot and counter behind. It is super useful though on anything that has a big telegraphed move like Diablos' burrow or Nergigante's dive bomb.

That is awesome, I'll definitely keep that cheat sheet open.

Power Block as in Guard+O->X correct? It eats multiple hit attacks I take it, as long as you have stamina I guess. Because Counter Block doesnt (at least I couldnt counter block the stupid Kula peak flurry lol)

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Capacity Boost is cool but I hate that the Dodogama greaves is the only armor piece that has it, it's making my Charge Blade Tank mixed set look uglayyyyyy.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
+

Power Block as in Guard+O->X correct? It eats multiple hit attacks I take it, as long as you have stamina I guess. Because Counter Block doesnt (at least I couldnt counter block the stupid Kula peak flurry lol)

Right, it drains your stamina fast but timed correctly and you won't take any damage and it blocks as long as you're holding it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Right, it drains your stamina fast but timed correctly and you won't take any damage and it blocks as long as you're holding it.

Oooooooooooooooooh the stamina drain STOPS when you get hit? Thats awesome, I thought it just kept draining thats why I didnt think much of it when I tried it in training. Always learning! :D

Also I didnt know you could counter block (the fast one by just pressing R2+O and not holding it) to extend the poke combos, I've been doing the hop to extend them, but counter block adds an attack initself I guess.

That GaijinHunter Lance video is making me want to go home and play more Lance lol. So many little things I didnt know.

It's also making me want to go back to Guard 5 (I dropped to Guard 3 recently).

Last edited:

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Expert, tenderizer and crit gems are just that rare, huh? I don't have a single one and I've killed a ton of TEDs.

Jan 4, 2018
Yo, do I get my voucher refunded if I fail a mission? Just popped one on impulse then realized I haven't actually had to fight Diablos yet and I've heard he kicks your shit so I'm worried I just wasted it.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Hey again

rl0tNSy.jpg

2FWzPa8.jpg

That is great work, can I admit that not having black diablos in the first pic bothers me just a tiny bit? Would be perfect with it there.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Oooooooooooooooooh the stamina drain STOPS when you get hit? Thats awesome, I thought it just kept draining thats why I didnt think much of it when I tried it in training. Always learning! :D

Also I didnt know you could counter block (the fast one by just pressing R2+O and not holding it) to extend the poke combos, I've been doing the hop to extend them, but counter block adds an attack initself I guess.

That GaijinHunter Lance video is making me want to go home and play more Lance lol. So many little things I didnt know.

Yeah, I'm bad about using the cancel counter to continue combos because I find that I need the hop to re-position often so I barely ever use it. And yeah, the GaijinHunter video was what made me want to use the Lance in the first place.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got the Daora gem! I gave up last night and just did the weekly instead but then I gave it another shot right now and I got it lol. Now I'm fighting the Vaal Hazak. Effluvial Expert does jack shit in this fight. That's some bullshit.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017

No, as long as you're in power block stance you will drain stamina, but blocking does not drain any extra stamina.

Forgrim

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
reposting for top of new page;

Ok Era we'll see how this goes and if if we can get a few people in on this. I made an Era squad just now for those of us on ps4. Send friend invites to psn; Raidenshugelaser. I'll add you, invite you to the room, and from there I can invite you to the squad. From then on when you hop online you can go to Squad session search and if any of us are online you'll be taken straight to the era room to play. Max is 50 members so I don't know how many are even interested in this. I play pretty much nightly so I'll try to get everyone in as much as possible.

We have at least two squads that i know of for resetera so far... At least in discord

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I finally got the Daora gem! I gave up last night and just did the weekly instead but then I gave it another shot right now and I got it lol. Now I'm fighting the Vaal Hazak. Effluvial Expert does jack shit in this fight. That's some bullshit.

Lv3 makes the ae mist do tickle damage and it prevents your hp from getting cut in half so how exactly does it do jack shit?

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
My wife is hell bent on killing a Kirin. We're both still just HR10, full time job and kids can limit playtime, but she's getting closer with each try.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so can you power block underneath Battlegoose and block all the bombs he shits underneath him? I can never regular block them because, well they are everywhere.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm about ready to try
Nergigante
for the main story.

I took down like 4 HR Diablos and a few Legiana today without much problem and upgraded the shit out of my armor. So I think I'm feeling brave enough lol.

Mistle

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I made a really cool looking Great Sword but man I suck with it :( any tips? I'm just too slow with it. I've gotten all comfy with the Lance and now when I can't hide behind a power guard I feel lost haha

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
My HP is still being cut in half by him. The mist in the Vale itself doesn't do anything but his does for some reason.
Effluvial expert only makes you immune to damage from the Vale not Vaals. Effluvial resistance lvl 3 skill is the one that prevents Vaal's debuff. It was poorly worded on Capcom part.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017

You should definitely practice using power guard. It's better than normal guard in almost every way. You don't lose stamina or move an inch as you get hit, even against the strongest attack in the game. Also you can counter in any direction off power guard. The only bad thing is you need to read monster moves very carefully as you have very little window to block with power guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.