• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Beating that Kirin has nothing to do with augmenting your gear. You need to get a warrior's streamstone from a tier 2 tempered monster quest in order to unlock it. Beating tempered Kirin just unlocks the ability to get tier 3 tempered monster investigations which have a chance of dropping the hero's streamstones needed to augment rare 8 weapons.

rip :(

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Can tell there are a lot of passionate Monster Hunter players in here. We should probably cool down some of this dialog. No reason for anyone to get riled up when we're all just trying to get better at the game in our own ways.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Rumors is there is a secret Kulu Yaku holding the meteor that killed dinosaurs. Perhaps in G rank DLC.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the game showed how much damage each person did after you complete a quest. I'd like to know how much I'm actually contributing.
I'm happy they don't show it. The quality of Pick up groups would fall dramatically. Must be the first time I see a game with an award screen full of support stuff, I like it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Tempered Nergie on my second try. First time I carted twice, this time no carts. Weird how things work out sometimes.

Finally unlocked the augmenting menu too and now I can see what all of these normal-ass streamstones are for. Nobody told me I'd need gems and shit as well. Christ, thank God for Gold Wyverian tickets from weeklies because I have the worst luck with those.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
All of the armor sets that are technically useful to me, are mega damn ugly. I may just throw all that out the window and go full on fashion hunter. This Nergi armor set is really starting to wear me down with the amount of spikes it has.

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm happy they don't show it. The quality of Pick up groups would fall dramatically. Must be the first time I see a game with an award screen full of support stuff, I like it.

Oh sure, I like that it shows that stuff too but I'd just like to see damage numbers along with it.

If not the exact numbers, then just say who was the top damage dealer at least.

Also, I'd like to see that info on guild cards. Have it show how many times you've broken the most parts in a quest, the most buffs etc.

I just really like looking at statistics lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yaeh this post-tempered Kirin stuff is my breaking point, I now see what you peeps were talking about. Between all the shit u need from temepered ivnestigation (which I dont have many) and the RNG with gems, this is just a bit much.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else not a fan of the last monster? Feels a bit too phone-in for me (Too - "I'm the last boss!"). Magala was a bit edgy but the fact that the story kind of made it a more personal battle made it a decent experience.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not a fan of the last monster? Feels a bit too phone-in for me (Too - "I'm the last boss!"). Magala was a bit edgy but the fact that the story kind of made it a more personal battle made it a decent experience.
I think it's one of the better final bosses in the series. Certainly better than things like Fatalis, Lao, Shen, Cedeaus, Dire Miralis, and Monoblos.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's one of the better final bosses in the series. Certainly better than things like Fatalis, Lao, Shen, Cedeaus, Dire Miralis, and Monoblos.
I'd take any of these over Xeno, the battle and area have zero personality.
"Here's some rando glowing alien dude with one dangerous attack in a crystal arena, oh no he's flying away, oh he's dead."

Sour

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone have any suggestions for bow/long sword builds for entering tempered?

I feel like I'm half way there with the skills but I want to make sure I have a good advantage entering tempered.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Story-wise ? MH final boss always feels phoned in, I think.

Magala is comparable to Nergigante (and the Fated Four in MHGen), while ExJee is comparable to Fatalis/Dire Miralis/Alatreon/Akantor/Gog/Nakarkos.

Iirc these final bosses monsters never really tied to the main story unlike the flagship monsters, as they typically found in Gathering Hall.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
X.x Lavasioth is one of the worst fights I've seen so far, not even hard, it is so tedious wacking that thing, I should try with HH next time (Hope I don't have to do another one) because CB and Lance are completly useless.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all we gotta have a PSA here, if you die and can't come back with buffed health (for whatever reason) keep ya ass in the camp or go mine some ore some shit. Same if you join and get clapped twice almost instantly.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how augmenting works ? Do different rarity gear requires different items ? How do you get the items for augmenting ? Difference between tier 1/2/3 tempered in term of rewards ?

Oct 25, 2017
tfw I lost 2 times in a row with Vaal and Teostra.

giphy.gif

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm finally going in to fight Nerginante at about 66 hours. Been playing a bunch on the side with my grandfather; always a blast introducing new people to the series and HH does wonders (we just beat Paolumu).

Everybody being HR5x+ and talking about the end game farming makes me think that Capcom really shouldn't go the content update route. If they do what is expected (a slow roll out of monsters) I can't see anyone who is already so far being satisfied with what is patched in. Oh cool, Deviljho, lets fight that 10 times to build the set and we're done with the game for another month until the next monster is introduced. Doesn't sound appealing; I'd rather they release another 10-20 large monsters and a new difficulty level as an expansion.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
So just found a small gold crown pink rathian in expedition after an investigation... Any reason my friends didn't get the crown but I did? Wasn't my expedition and some one else caught it but I was the only one out of four to get the crown. Not sure what's up with that at all.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't know you could even get gems from the Argosy. Got a Bird Wyvern gem from it yesterday for a lousy 1000 points (with a bunch of other stuff of course).

Now to find a use for it.

Kitaj

Oct 30, 2017
This game has become one of my favourite games of all times. It just keeps getting better the more I play.

In other words I just found my weapon of forever.... the motherfucking GS. Holy shit is this thing satisfying to play. So simple but there's some room here for massive improvements. Fantastic weapon.

I see a Kulu discussion, not sure if someone mentioned but you can knock the rock off his hand with your slinger, if it gives you so much trouble :)

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the story yesterday while using charge blade yesterday. The weapon still feels so hit or miss for me.

It's awesome when you're getting all the SAEDs in. When you can't get phial charges for like two minutes cause the monster keeps moving or something, it can get super frustrating.

Thinking of switching it up to something else, but I'm not sure what. I've play a good amount of Hammer that's about it.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Y'all we gotta have a PSA here, if you die and can't come back with buffed health (for whatever reason) keep ya ass in the camp or go mine some ore some shit. Same if you join and get clapped twice almost instantly.

Seems like a better PSA would just be to get people to make Max and/or Ancient Potions?

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rolled the credits earlier today. Pretty cool game so far and I'm still hooked.

Not sure how I'm gonna feel when I try this Double Tempered (I think thats what the purple glow is yes?) Bazelguesse quest though

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally going in to fight Nerginante at about 66 hours. Been playing a bunch on the side with my grandfather; always a blast introducing new people to the series and HH does wonders (we just beat Paolumu).

Everybody being HR5x+ and talking about the end game farming makes me think that Capcom really shouldn't go the content update route. If they do what is expected (a slow roll out of monsters) I can't see anyone who is already so far being satisfied with what is patched in. Oh cool, Deviljho, lets fight that 10 times to build the set and we're done with the game for another month until the next monster is introduced. Doesn't sound appealing; I'd rather they release another 10-20 large monsters and a new difficulty level as an expansion.
Im pretty sure it will be a mix of both. There are no brand new monsters in the leaked list and it sounds about right for free monthly updates until a paid DLC expansion hits. iirc there are 4 or 5 unreleased monsters incl deviljho on the list which would carry the game into June/July/August territory.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hoping maybe someone can shed light on the difficulty I'm having with this game. My roommate and I bought it a couple of weeks ago so we could play it together. The game does a crap job of explaining things adequately and the UI is a mess, but once I realized I kind of just have to look something up if I want to know about it, that stopped being an issue.

The recurring problem we're facing is that the game doesnt seem to give the player much in the way of feedback when it comes to combat. Every hunt starts to feel very similar, exhibiting the same problems. The monster attacks dont seem very well telegraphed. One second it's thrashing it's legs and you're fine standing right under it, and the next second it twitches its right leg and you go flying. A lot of the time the monster seems to attack nothing in particular and charge into a tree or rock that no one is even standing near. Generally I find that the monster's movements are so erratic that most of my time is spent attempting to close distance just to get an attack in. And then there's the problem that anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes into the encounter, the monster will seemingly get distracted and bolt in a random direction for no apparent reason, leaving a not insignificant portion of the fight spent just sprinting after the monster. Occasionally this means it runs into another (sometimes bigger, scarier) monster and if you're lucky they have a brief "turf war" which I've never seen last more than 1 scuffle, after which point they both attack you, forcing you to either fight 2 monsters at once until one of them runs off, or simply run and then track down your original target again.

At first I was intrigued by the lack of a healthbar because it forces you to pick up on other feedback, but once I realized that the monster basically only communicates when it is near death, it left me with no way of determining whether I was doing well or not.

Last night my roommate and I tried the Anjanath hunt many times and at no point did we feel like we were making progress or "getting the hang of it." Generally we'd do fine and then get chain stunned into a faint or get one shotted or something along those lines.

Am I missing something? This feels like a game that I really really want to like but man is it making it hard.
Reading your second paragraph I thought, "I bet it's Anjanath". Your fourth paragraph confirmed it.

Anjanath is the first difficult fight. It will take some practice if this is your first experience. It is also the only monster in the game where I still cannot completely predict what it will do even after playing this game for almost 200 hours.

Nov 4, 2017
So what is the deal with Arena quests?

I want that bow, but I never see anyone doing them. And it really sucks to solo these. I'm getting my ass handed to me, and almost none of the quests have the weapons I like available.

I feel like it would take me weeks just grinding Arena quests solo to get all those coins.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Can someone answer a question for me real fast.

My Archers Dance has 160 blast for its element

Do you guys think the blast damage when it Procs is better then using a bow that has the element a monster is weak to?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been away from the game for a week or so playing DQB and then Bayonetta.

How do I gots more tempered investis?

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it was a good idea to lock hero shards to 4 monsters, I feel like I'm hunting the same thing over and over. I don't remember repeating the same monsters this much in 3U/4U/Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.