• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looks gorgeous, hopefully it plays more up my alley compared to the previous games.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Goro isn't a kameo only. He looks so damn good, easily the best Goro design to date.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kenshi v Cage at that beaut of a penthouse stage was neat

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
looked more similar to 11 aesthetically than I was hoping. Seems like they are carrying over a lot of visual and gameplay elements.

ArmadilloGame

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, this looks really cool. On the other hand, SF6 made me want a "wander around Shang Tsung's island challenging randos" mode as a way of retelling the MK1 story, and this just can't live up to that perfect version in my head.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty but gameplay looks as stiff as MK always does. Guess that's never changing lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Like I suspected, Andrew Bowen is still Johnny Cage unless they somehow got a new actor who sounds just like him.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Definitely looks like MK. Wanted to see some slightly more exciting character reveals, but I guess Kenshi will do.
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but it doesn't look any better than MK11, visually.

Looks cool though!
Those stages looked better than 11's to me, on average, at the very least (fidelity-wise, anyway). Something about the lighting on that foresty stage, for example. But yeah, there was never going to be a gigantic generational leap here.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Doesn't look like much of a step up from MK11 but that looked amazing so hey ho.
The stages look absolutely incredible though!

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
In terms of video game designers working on the the same franchise for the longest time.... Does Ed Boon hold the record?

I've only played MK11, but very excited to play the story mode of this.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but it doesn't look any better than MK11, visually.

Looks cool though!
It's a solid step up, but not MKX -> IJ2 levels of improvement. Though I guess it's like Tekken 8 where it'll be a more blatant upgrade in comparison.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Stages look incredible. My girl Mileena is the Empress and it looks like her and Kitana have somewhat of a bond (albeit a bit strained) let's gooo!

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
Is it me or did they add a more cartoonish tone to the art style instead of a photo realistic one like in MK 11? And I hope its not as slow as MK 11. Otherwise it looks good.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
On one hand, this looks really cool. On the other hand, SF6 made me want a "wander around Shang Tsung's island challenging randos" mode as a way of retelling the MK1 story, and this just can't live up to that perfect version in my head.

This isn't really retelling MK1's story. It's an entirely different thing

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Stages looks crazy nice. Probably not going to be around at launch, but looks like another good time.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I like the Kameo concept. It's like a way to mix up move lists between two characters to create more unique combos.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It looks WORSE than mk11 ??

Johnny and Sonya look like they're from ps3 era games ?? I'm so confused.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
The combo animations still have this weird stiltedness and lack of fluidity to them, but the flow of ckombat looks really, really interesting. I definitely want to see more.