TurkishDelight

C++ Developer at Microsoft
Banned
Oct 5, 2022
It looks very asian themed , compared to any other MK
looks very good , designs are superb

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Artstyle while realistic seems a bit more stylized and colorful. Like the look more than Mk11

Gameplay looks like it could be fun but something about the mix of Mk animations with the mechanics and combo system look kinda weird

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Looks absolutely bonkers.
Loving the transitions between character select and gameplay.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
That is what I call real graphics. I will be in awe if they still used the dinosaur UE3 for this. Actually I will be even surprised if they used UE4 and made it look this good.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
That looked meh in the worst possible way!
Art style is not MK at all, male characters all look the same like they are ken dolls or something, the game looks way too colorful, bright and cartoony... Many things seem off about it that i simply can't like what they showed here.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
No other FG looks this good, you might not like how it animates or how it plays, but there is no better looking FG as of now.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
FyH3u3sacAEBCzf

FyH30xjacAAFZy4

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
It looks great. But I don't know, I was expecting it to blow MK11 away. it "just" looks better than MK11, hehe. My own issue with expectations I guess.

I also get a an Injustice vibe as well. I think it is the spacial properties of the stages maybe the camera is lower, I don't know. Looks more colorfull too.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That looked meh in the worst possible way!
Art style is not MK at all, male characters all look the same like they are ken dolls or something, the game looks way too colorful, bright and cartoony... Many things seem off about it that i simply can't like what they showed here.
If anything, I'm glad they're going a bit more stylized. It's nice to have more color.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
improved the animations at least, much better posing

every male having the same body overall is odd. Wonder if there's a technical or gameplay reason

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
I thought it looked incredible. The graphics still look incredible, I'm sure it will look better off of my TV. I can't wait to see the unannounced fighters.

I'm glad the Kameo fighters are leaning into their original MK looks.

LuciusAxelrod

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like there's no loading screen, it gets masked by banter between the selected characters then moves directly into the match. Looks great.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It feels a tad more stylized and colourful than 11. This is the best MK has ever looked as far as I'm concerned.

Really liked what they showed!

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Suggestion: let's not wrap ourselves up inextricably in HARD, ABSOLUTE conclusions about how this game looks from a live-streamed trailer.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
the discord in this thread lmao

"looks like shit" and "easily best looking fighter ever" in equal measure

Definitely an art direction preference thing

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
So

Kameo assists
Kameo grab (ex. Stryker?)
Kameo breaker (ex. Jax)
Kameo fatality (ex. Kano, klassic Sub)
Kameo Blow (ex. klassic Kung Lao + Scorpion)

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Need to see the trailer in 4k.

Edit: Looks good to me. Dunno if I will get back into MK again after many years, but this looks inviting.

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Not sure what some people aren't seeing, but the stage detail, characters, & lighting all look like significant upgrades to me. 👀

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Striker???!!! Also, ASSISTS? I may have to buy a MK game for the first time in yeaaaaaars

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
no I cant. Saying models look like PS3 is shit opinion that should be pointed out.
maxresdefault.jpg

this is how PS3 games look if you had brain fog

I am sorry, I didn't mean it looked like MK9. It obviously doesn't. MK9 and Injustice 1 were rough on the eyes.

I meant ps3 era characters have looked better. They don't look "real" at all, while as a "4year" step up from MK11 you would think we would be there. You can't tell me the new Johnny is any better for instance (see above). It may be deliberate because the violence got so "real" they didn't want lifelike characters getting eviscerated.

Will just need some time adjusting.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what other people aren't seeing, but the stage detail, characters, & lighting all look like upgrades to me. 👀

Its a very good looking game. MK11 already was so its not like they needed tat much of a technical upgrade.

I was hoping for something a little more distinct artistically but evoking "PS3 game" about anything in this is fucking stupid for whoever was doing that.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Looks amazing. I am really liking this art direction when compared to MKX and MK11.

The colours of MK2 and MK3 are back.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
It looks great. But I don't know, I was expecting it to blow MK11 away. it "just" looks better than MK11, hehe. My own issue with expectations I guess.

I also get a an Injustice vibe as well. I think it is the spacial properties of the stages maybe the camera is lower, I don't know. Looks more colorfull too.

MK11 looked a generation ahead of everything at the time it dropped so there was little chance of that happening. It still looks incredibly good by todays standards. Best I can tell is the lighting is the biggest improvement to my untrained eye.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Era: Graphics don't matter as much as long as we get games in a timely manner.

Also

Era: I'm disappointed in the graphics, it doesn't look that good.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So many new gameplay elements teased and shown off and folks are arguing about graphics.

Graphic whores everywhere.