Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I dislike the title, but the premise could be interesting. And I'm happy to see Liu Kang on the cover, at least for the Premium Edition.

Game looks and sounds sick but seriously again with this pre order bullshit. This is the 4th time nrs does this. They sadly always do get away with it.
It's a WB tradition at this point, unfortunately.

what the fuck does raiden even do if he cant fly or use electricty in combat anymore? liu kang stole his mojo
He could still have his staff and maybe learn to conjure lightning as a mortal like Liu Kang was able to conjure fire.

So the set 500 years thing got defunct then from that.

Looked okay I guess (I do hope the devs working on the gore aren't suffering like last time just from that trailer). Not much to really go on here besides Fire God Liu Kang confirmed. Glad Mileena is there and given her presence, their not doing what MK9 did and make Mileena just born but long time sisters (I hope at least).

Going to hold on getting this though given their already announcing a character pass, MTX and a pre-order character. Might as well wait till the complete edition in 2024/25 (plus that time of year is already costly for me). I do wonder how much of a say NetherRealm has when it comes to the buissness side of the games.

And yeah that leaker better be getting apologies from the YouTubers (and their fans) who were attacking them.

With one of my co-mains confirmed, I guess my wish list now is Reptile, Havik, Cyrax, Smoke, Jade, Tanya and Ashrah (when was the last time she was even acknowledged to exist?!)
From what I recall, Ashrah hasn't been directly seen or mentioned since Armageddon.

Oh that's Raiden?

elWu131.png

Honestly looks very different from him in MK11 lol

vnFcfpq.png

I think because he looked... white in MK11 but is not anymore?
I believe Fujin's MK11 ending implied the deities can reincarnate into whatever corporeal form they wish, so Raiden being "reborn" and looking different is on-brand.

It is kind of interesting that in a story about second chances in the multiverse, we're getting JCVD as Johnny Cage.

Cameron Diaz Sonya Blade next?

Asian god, played by white guys, which has always rankled me.

I get it in the 90s from Midway's Jon Hey in the games to Christopher Lambert in the movies and it's honestly weird that even up until 11 he was still a middle-aged white guy.
Small correction, Carlos Pesina was the physical portrayer of Raiden in the early games. Jon Hey just did the vocalizations.

So in terms of pairs we have...
Liu Kang and Shang Tsung
Kitana and Mileena
Raiden and Kung Lao
Scorpion and Sub Zero

Who would Cage have??? Sonya? Jax?

...who would REPTILE have????? Baraka??????
Young Onaga.

Kongratulations. I hope you and your team have had a good time making this.

Bugs Bunny confirmed for MK
I would unironically love to see NRS make a Looney Tunes fighting game.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I think we are forgetting something really amazing about this game.

No stupid revenant colorings as the main portraits for the characters now.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Love Liu Kang being front and center this time!
But I have to admit knowing that story mode won't be Konquest like is a disappointment. Hoping some of the other modes will be more expansive signle player wise. The cinematic story modes are fine but they're not very replayable and basically is just like watching a movie.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna play the hell out of this, I love story modes in their games.

I dunno about the name, but whatever. I've gotten used to adding year of release to whatever game we're talking about.
They think it's MK1, but it's really just MK2023 or whatever.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Need that gameplay footage, wonder how big a leap visually over MK11 it might be, which already looked stunning.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
A few extra things of note:

-The "Kameo" mechanic will probably help Boon make good on his word to include more 3D-era kharacters in some form or another.
-Speaking of "Kameos," this thread from last year may have hinted something:
6kcs5xybl9e81ylf67.jpg

The upper right portion of the screenshot has "Kameo Ver..." on it. What else was leaked under our noses?
-Our known base roster includes Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, and a Kung Lao. Going by past games, we have at least 16 reveals to go.

Oct 25, 2017
I dislike the title, but the premise could be interesting. And I'm happy to see Liu Kang on the cover, at least for the Premium Edition.

It's a WB tradition at this point, unfortunately.

He could still have his staff and maybe learn to conjure lightning as a mortal like Liu Kang was able to conjure fire.

From what I recall, Ashrah hasn't been directly seen or mentioned since Armageddon.

I believe Fujin's MK11 ending implied the deities can reincarnate into whatever corporeal form they wish, so Raiden being "reborn" and looking different is on-brand.

Small correction, Carlos Pesina was the physical portrayer of Raiden in the early games. Jon Hey just did the vocalizations.

Young Onaga.

Kongratulations. I hope you and your team have had a good time making this.

I would unironically love to see NRS make a Looney Tunes fighting game.

But at the end of MK11, Raiden is not a diety anymore.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the first time ever Scorpion is not the main guy on the cover? Typically it has always been just the logo or at the very least Scorpion, no?

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
Is this the first time ever Scorpion is not the main guy on the cover? Typically it has always been just the logo or at the very least Scorpion, no?

First game since Armageddon (unless you count special editions, then it was Deadly Alliance) in terms of box art in general, but the last one to not have Scorpion but someone else was MK4 which had Goro, Raiden and Tanya.

EDIT: Deception just had Onaga on it but some special editions had Scorpion so up to you if it counts or not.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's one way to build hype in your trailer. Curious to see gameplay.

Happy though that they're going all in with the ending of the previous MK, as it has a lot of potential there.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
X and 11's covers were so boring in retrospect. My favourite is probably Deception's.

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely loving the return to the original MK aesthetics, and ethnically accurate Rayden.

My only hopes are that Smoke is a full character, and that this game will have disable vsync mode for the consoles.

I played MK11 yesterday and that game still looks incredible. I cannot wait to see what they have done by focusing on current gen consoles only.

Deleted member 128578

Dec 2, 2022
Outside of Scorpion and Sub-Zero I'm probably most excited for Raiden, I think a complete refresh was really needed for him.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
A few extra things of note:

-The "Kameo" mechanic will probably help Boon make good on his word to include more 3D-era kharacters in some form or another.
-Speaking of "Kameos," this thread from last year may have hinted something:
6kcs5xybl9e81ylf67.jpg

The upper right portion of the screenshot has "Kameo Ver..." on it. What else was leaked under our noses?
-Our known base roster includes Liu Kang, Raiden, Johnny, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, and a Kung Lao. Going by past games, we have at least 16 reveals to go.
oh right i legitimately forgot reptile was one of the first characters actually leaked for the game lol

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a coin toss. Pardon me, a koin toss. Jax 100%. My girl Jacqui 50/50. Too little about the story is known right now, but the characters seem younger, so probably no Kombat Kids.
I expect some time travel shenanigans with the Kids finding a way to go into the dimensions where the story will take place.

(This is full copium because imma need Jacqui and Cassie in this game, just find a way Boon please)

Jan 23, 2022
WB: allow me to reintroduce ourselves with a preorder bonus.

Looks great otherwise. So happy that Scorpion and Sub are still friends. Kitana and Mileena hmm.

Kameo fighters is interesting. Hey my favorite fighting games are MvC so if they want to be inspired by that, be my guest.