• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, good timing on the Halloween pack after my post.

These skins are not worth 6€ imo.

Better than SFV's $4 per costume and these can be used by anyone on your system and not locked to a single account at least. (quality aside)

Quick question: how much longer is Kombat League up? I think I have to do 4 days of 5 sets to get that Sub skin still...

11 or 12. I think it ends not this coming Tuesday, but the one after.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Finally, Bug Queen is complete, now I can solo Ko-Op and Team Battle towers.
Good-bye to waiting forever to find a partner and people that doesn't tag or use consumables.

xxTGpGS.jpg

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Is there a way to deal with the opponent doing d+1s whenever the're even slightly at a frame disadvantage?
You just kind of have to know it's coming, block (which pushes them out of range), and then counter attack when the going is good.

Otherwise, D3, which might beat it or trade. I think that NRS needs to just make it so that crouching pokes push people out of range more quickly on hit or block. Same with the corner poke juggles. There would be an immediate break up of monotony.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone watch East Coast Throwdown? I really enjoyed watching George's Frost. Nice to see more unconventional character choices in the top 8. And of course SonicFox's incredible comeback against Ninjakilla. Crazy stuff.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I also feel Team Raid could be implemented a bit better. I understand the enemy is sharing a life bar, but some of the "Challenges" are dumb. like Stay in the middle? How long you supposed to stay in it for? it's not very clear.

Also, it shouldn't just be one stage. The first can stay as it is, and if you complete it, the three of you work together and it would work like a ko-op tower, for better rewards still.

Anyone watch East Coast Throwdown? I really enjoyed watching George's Frost. Nice to see more unconventional character choices in the top 8. And of course SonicFox's incredible comeback against Ninjakilla. Crazy stuff.

We got to see Shang Tsung take out that frost one match. Was dope.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a lot of it. BurritoVoorhees and George were definitely new to me, but their matches were great. I think Videogamezyo got off screened like a side character. SonicFox vs NinjaKilla was pretty much the main event, everybody knew that he was going to be Dragon, it's like destined to happen. I don't even think Dragon would've beaten NinjaKilla, but I've probably never seen them two against each other.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Dead pool and Soul Chamber aren't surprising, that cinematic near the end of the game showcases both of those stages and a couple other ones such as Subway that seemed really detailed for just one quick cutscene.

Oct 26, 2017
Dead pool and Soul Chamber aren't surprising, that cinematic near the end of the game showcases both of those stages and a couple other ones such as Subway that seemed really detailed for just one quick cutscene.

The fact that we're seemingly getting them as paid/free DLC is still good. A bunch of those NPC characters in MKX never did become playable, so it's nice to have some form of confirmation for these stages.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we're seemingly getting them as paid/free DLC is still good. A bunch of those NPC characters in MKX never did become playable, so it's nice to have some form of confirmation for these stages.

This is great in comparison to DBFighterZ that's added no new stages other than a generic "Galactic Arena" that has no resemblance to anything from the series.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Ok quick question. Been playing this offline with my wife, and I just discovered that P2 can't use any skins or gear from P1's grind?? She's been grinding on P1 to get stuff so we can play together. This is a cool game, but this seems needlessly frustrating. Is there no workaround or patch for this coming?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Ok quick question. Been playing this offline with my wife, and I just discovered that P2 can't use any skins or gear from P1's grind?? She's been grinding on P1 to get stuff so we can play together. This is a cool game, but this seems needlessly frustrating. Is there no workaround or patch for this coming?
Sadly not (or at least not announced). I find it incredibly frustrating as well, as the first thing pals want to do when we're playing on the couch is change the costumes up.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

What platform are you on ?

I thought they had patched something for this a few weeks back.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
What platform are you on ?

I thought they had patched something for this a few weeks back.

PS4. I just read there's some workaround for PC, but they really should take this seriously. I'm guessing this is a feature, not a bug, type of thing related to online play... but why frustrate your paying costumers who just want to play locally offline? At least let a guest account use the unlocks, something... jeez.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
PS4. I just read there's some workaround for PC, but they really should take this seriously. I'm guessing this is a feature, not a bug, type of thing related to online play... but why frustrate your paying costumers who just want to play locally offline? At least let a guest account use the unlocks, something... jeez.

This was a big complaint when the game out i could have sworn they had done something about it.

Anybody else remembers ? Maybe i'm wrong.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
In searching the internet, it says that there was something released on the Switch version that allowed P2 to use and customize P1's customization presets. Not sure how it works on PS4. But, I also remember them saying something about it maybe on a Kombat Kast.

If your wife has an existing PS4 account, the game may be giving her her own stuff. Did you try logging her into a guest account?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Halloween themed premier tower is up for about a week. 4 fights with a lot of modifiers, gives a lot of Kombat Kard backgrounds but also brutalities for Noob, Liu Kang and Jade.

Oct 27, 2017
Was kinda hoping for the Klassic female Ninja pack to come with Sindel. Also the new stats video was pretty interesting. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Liu Kang were the three characters most used in Ranked, while it's Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Noob Saibot for most used overall. I imagine Noob was mostly AI-controlled for the towers haha.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Same. Forgot to say, i am so disappointed that these 3 skins are still not released. They were datamined in 2nd patch i think. :/

Yeah and it made the most sense for them to come with Sindel we well I would have thought. Can't really think of what else they'd come with, unless they have some weird Klassic event or tower coming up.

When does the next KL start btw? Is there any indication about what rank would be required for each skin? I think I just want the Quan Chi Kano looking one from this set.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Yeah and it made the most sense for them to come with Sindel we well I would have thought. Can't really think of what else they'd come with, unless they have some weird Klassic event or tower coming up.

When does the next KL start btw? Is there any indication about what rank would be required for each skin? I think I just want the Quan Chi Kano looking one from this set.
Paid DLC??

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I feel like Terminator, as fun as he is, isn't really a style of playstyle that works for me. WAYY too grappler heavy to the point where you can't even reliably punish a lot of blocked moves and have to turn them into mixup opportunities instead which is not the kind of gameplan I wanna have.

I played as Frost and Cassie for a while and they're both so incredibly reliable. It really is quite something how much better this game is to play than almost all MKs that came before it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy to take the gothic horror skins over the old ninja color swap ones. Looking forward to seeing them.