Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Thanks for the info. I'm not great at the game but I think I might make Kotal my secondary and learn him a bit. I really like the character and I'll dream that they buff him. Now hte struggle for finding a character I like more...

Rep that Kotal, bro. I am on Xbox, so feel free to add if you want to spar (Gravemind IV).

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
If they didn't have the Demos, it would've been even harder. Altho some sessions are broken af.

One had a Demo not even doing it and whiffing so I had to figure it out myself and another didn't allow me to move so I couldn't hit the guy but the workaround was to use a different attack to move forward to hit the guy.

They need to fix this with the patch.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have too many issues with the tutorial and I'm trash at fighting games. I'm guessing it's because PC is still on the old frame data, which the tutorial is based on.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Is there anyway to see how many of the krypt chests you've unlocked so far/how far you are through the krypt in general, other than the 200 chest trophy/achievement?

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously the tutorials are seriously wacky. I mean, it's more akin to a torture session at times. No one in their right mind will apply 99% of that stuff because of how technically demanding and highly situational it is.

I didn't learn jack shit. I just soldiered through that stuff. We all did. Just an arcade ladder run on Normal teaches the game better.
No one will apply 99% of the tutorial?

Well, that's just wrong.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously the tutorials are seriously wacky. I mean, it's more akin to a torture session at times. No one in their right mind will apply 99% of that stuff because of how technically demanding and highly situational it is.

I didn't learn jack shit. I just soldiered through that stuff. We all did. Just an arcade ladder run on Normal teaches the game better.
Not true, I learnt quite a lot from the tutorial as a complete MK scrub, and I'm practising a bunch of stuff like flawless blocks during defense, and special cancels extending combos, and all the getting off the ground stuff, etc...

Some of it was stuff I would never try, sure (for the moment at least...), but most of it was great.

After running the tutorials (some a few times each) I felt far more equipped to take on online.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Rep that Kotal, bro. I am on Xbox, so feel free to add if you want to spar (Gravemind IV).
On ps4, but I'll probably mess with him more. No one else has stuck out to me as much. Might do Frost or Kollector. I just need to hit the lab and stay out of the stupid towers of time. Probably finish the last of my klassic tower endings to see if anyone else sticks out to me though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Krypt looks so fucking nuts in 60fps.

Conspiracy theory: they locked it because it drops frames a LOT. I'm on a high end system and the game runs 60fps flawlessly with the unlock mod, but in Krypt it drops all the way down to the 30s quite often. I reckon it might be a WB thing as it's similar to what they did with the original release of Arkham City: Can't fix frame drops? Cap it at 30 so we don't see them.

It's freakin rich all the Krypt and ToT stats are listed under the "Offline" stats.
That is super lol.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have too many issues with the tutorial and I'm trash at fighting games. I'm guessing it's because PC is still on the old frame data, which the tutorial is based on.

Holy shit, I wonder if the change in that caused the issues with the tutorials on consoles. Didn't even think about that.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the tutorials were fine. I'm not someone who's cool with all those SF/MvC mega-length combos and I was able to get through this game's tutorial pretty easy. The only issue I had was the Flawless Block into Attack one as the timing is very strict but besides that I was able to get through with it. I'm used to fighters tho.

Now this grinding on the other hand? It's been almost a week and I'm sick of it. This Krypt looks cool but I wish all the chests were just lined up with specific items so I can get one by one rather than how it's done now. I've always loved the Krypt in these MK games but this one feels, nah. I don't like it. Last night I spent a few hours go through it with a video showing me how to get each key item in the Krypt and even following that was annoying. It's just not fun.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The Krypt looks so fucking nuts in 60fps.

Conspiracy theory: they locked it because it drops frames a LOT. I'm on a high end system and the game runs 60fps flawlessly with the unlock mod, but in Krypt it drops all the way down to the 30s quite often. I reckon it might be a WB thing as it's similar to what they did with the original release of Arkham City: Can't fix frame drops? Cap it at 30 so we don't see them.

They probably didn't find it worth their time to optimize it. Also, I wonder if all their Unreal 3 customization was heavily focused on optimizing for how a fixed arena operates in their games, it's not so great for a more open-area style game. Hence, lower performance.

I mean, I can't really even find humor in that as those "Offline" Progress stats are for whole modes you literally can't play Offline. Maybe it's silly, buy It's so tone deaf, it really rubs me the wrong way.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I wonder if the change in that caused the issues with the tutorials on consoles. Didn't even think about that.
Usually when frame data changes, things like tutorials remain untouched, so I doubt it.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When I'm bodying people in KOTH with my Dirty Bogan Kano variation and start getting only 1 or 2 respect per person.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten through a lot of the harder "tutorials" that people have been posting about but I just can't do this baraka down x, then triangle, square+x, then square triangle triangle just feels impossible somehow.

Edit: Got it done literally two tries after complaining, but I had been at it for a while.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten through a lot of the harder "tutorials" that people have been posting about but I just can't do this baraka down x, then triangle, square+x, then square triangle triangle just feels impossible somehow.

Edit: Got it done literally two tries after complaining, but I had been at it for a while.

That one was annoying as well. I feel like a lot of people got stuck in the same parts.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
So what's the secret to this coop scorpion tower because fuck me

Waiting for the patch...

Or hope to be randomly matched with 2 guys that are extremely good and use the konsumables effectively.

I got him to around 1/4 of his health the last time, but he has some kind of full screen fire tornado stuff that instantly took away 3/4 of my health and I have not played since XD

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for the patch...

Or hope to be randomly matched with 2 guys that are extremely good and use the konsumables effectively.

I got him to around 1/4 of his health the last time, but he has some kind of full screen fire tornado stuff that instantly took away 3/4 of my health and I have not played since XD
I had no idea there were consumables. Hes so fucked now

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
bQwvOKw.jpg

giphy.gif

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
In the coop boss fights I'm a little unclear what I am doing to help out as a spectator. Like what buttons to press or whatever.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Is there an obvious way to tell which way your opponent is throwing when trying to tech it or should I just assume they're trying to push me to the corner?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
In the co-op battles (the 2 player ones), I know I can tag myself in.

How do you tag yourself out?

Still can't do this damn Jade thing, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
SOUTH TOWN
you're welcome :)

Don't have any experience with remote play to be honest :/

They are never going to do that I'm afraid. You can't receive a duplicate, but since you can buy costumes from the store, the content is unique for everybody. Not to mention that even after you unlock everything you still need some place to unlock tower powerups and augments,
I know how to use remote play myself, just wondering how I would apply this program autohotkey with the code you provided and apply it to the remote play program on my laptop. I just simply need to know how to use autohotkey basically.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So is that Scorpion boss tower fucking ridiculous or is it just me? And I thought Jade's tower was just fine.
Jade's tower was manageable as long as both players contributed.

This tower is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. Once Scorpion's low enough to get fatal bow, you're taking unblockable damage and you don't last longer than 6-7 seconds.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Just tried my first Klassic Tower challenge on Normal difficulty - not too bad I thought, until I got to the 5th fight with Kronika. That's some absolute bullshit that I have to beat multiple characters with a single life bar AND some moves don't even work against her. Just BS.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
yeah i'm not crazy about how the scorpion tower get's harder the lower his health gets. Leads to the first player doing really well and tricking you into thinking the teams going to clear the challenge, and by the time its the last players turn they die almost immediately to unblockable bs.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KOTH is the shit but why does it kick me out of practice. There's still two guys before me.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Just had a loading screen message that said something like 'caemr something ose exist', can't remember the second word... anyone else seen that?