ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see the devs stream themselves doing this Scorpion tower and pretend like it's reasonable at all. The player who was the most successful that I've seen so far did 80% of his health spamming jump kick and uppercut, then all the stupid bullshit melted us other 2 in seconds.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Juggles feel extremely tight in this game. It's going to take quite some time and effort to land them consistently.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I haven't been on today. Guessing no patch at "the beginning of the week"? Lol
It's coming. I"d rather they not rush it out and break something else. It's also still only mid-Monday in most regions.

They have never shown the full content of each pack at launch, only teases.
That's what I'm referring to. Even without a gameplay trailer, we at least had some solid teaser trailers for who to expect, if not outright reveals.
7b1d7f41a6e8f0af6b248732fdc0e2af.gif

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is that Scorpion boss tower fucking ridiculous or is it just me? And I thought Jade's tower was just fine.
It's actually easier with coordination. The game fails to tell you in theater mode when spectating you have abilities assigned to the face buttons which include things like instant healing.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Seriously the tutorials are seriously wacky. I mean, it's more akin to a torture session at times. No one in their right mind will apply 99% of that stuff because of how technically demanding and highly situational it is.

I didn't learn jack shit. I just soldiered through that stuff. We all did. Just an arcade ladder run on Normal teaches the game better.
All of that tech is going to be used during PvP so it's better to give new players the tools they need to defend themselves. If they don't want to use them then that's on them, not NRS.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
has anyone managed to unlock a head for the krypt?

how is forge so useless?

I replenished 20 chests and they only had konsumables and forge items so nothing interesting.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Kombat Pack has good skins and not one like that Liu Kang pic that was in the leak.

CaptainCanada

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on maining Raiden? I always played him in previous games but he is a bit slower in this game so trying to adjust.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Think I'm abandoning Shao Kahn. I really wanted to main him, but he just lacks so many tools that other characters have.

-no lows that lead into combos
-no overheads that lead into combos
-limited mid options into combos
-no teleport
-meh projectile
-all juggle combos come from the same special move which is very unsafe on block
-buffs unusable and easily punished
-bad crushing blows
-bad fatal blow range

He's fun to play, but feels like such an uphill battle much of the time.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
has anyone managed to unlock a head for the krypt?

how is forge so useless?

I replenished 20 chests and they only had konsumables and forge items so nothing interesting.
Yes. You unlock heads by performing a Fatality on a character 50 times. You need to do it to Cetrion to use her head to get her emblem to progress through the Krypt.

Is America "most regions"? XD
Because in Europe and Africa it is already Monday evening and in Asia it is Monday night or even Tuesday morning.
NRS is based in Chicago. Semantics aside, they're operating on Central US time.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
In the Dojo part of the Krypt (where Johnny Cage's heart chest is) there's a Kronika chest that spawns in the middle in between all the broken wooden pillars. Anyone know how to access that? I can't seem to get close enough for it to let me open it and I can't figure out any way to get any closer to it.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
I finally got the last item I wanted. It effectively came from the Shrine and I needed aprox 12 million coin 90k coin a pop to end up getting it.

Fucking Jeez.

Techno