• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Alien colonial Marines is probably the worst I've ever finished in terms of absolutely unpolished messes but its also the shortest.

I've had things like sonic 06 but never finished them.

Chri5t

Jun 2, 2019
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy. The game wasn't broken, but it was VERY unpolished. Still had an amazing time with it though, blemishes and all.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Fallout New Vegas.

That shit could literally crash so hard you'd have to cold boot your xbox. Still the goat.

drowsy

Oct 27, 2017
Second Sight? Yeah, probably that. Super ambitious, filled with great ideas, needed another two or three years in the oven. I do love it though.

Mad Gamer 64

Nov 6, 2017
Probably Sonic 2006. I knew it was bad as a kid but I didn't have many 360 games at the time and I paid for it with my allowance (thankfully not full price). I didn't get every achievement but I finished all the stories and most side missions.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Terraia on Vita
Allegedly It's since been fixed and is a fairly solid port of the legacy version of the game now

Unfortunately when I played it with my bf it was so broken
We frustratingly lost countless amounts of progress due to the game randomly crashing, especially when saving

De Amigo

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360 a little after launch basically felt like the game was constantly falling apart at the seams. I remember every save having to be in a new slot because I had probably like 5 quest triggers that bugged/ never happened while playing through it. Ended the game with something like 200 save files I think lol.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Haven on Switch. It crashed like 13 times before I saw the credits. I don't know if they ever fixed it. That port was completely broken. Still had fun though!

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
The masterpiece which is deadly premonition. Also Sonic 06. But I I think the worst one was the vita version of Borderlands 2.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really play any game on release, but the one that comes to mind is Cult of the Lamb. A lot of soft and hard locks, but it was so fun that I didn't mind losing progress randomly.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I have completed Ultima 9. Had to restart it multiple times due to game-breaking bugs. I also had to watch the final cinematic on youtube since it crashed when it tried to play, but I successfully triggered the end of the game.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout New Vegas.

That shit could literally crash so hard you'd have to cold boot your xbox. Still the goat.
Hey, Fallout 3 is up there too.

I had to uninstall all the DLC except The Pitt, because somehow there was a conflict between them and caused one of the roofs in The Pitt to not have collision, so you would just fall through the map.

I also had to figure out how to complete Point Lookout without going near the center of the map, because if one of the locations loaded it would hard crash my Xbox.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Götzendiener for the Turbo CD! A game made by the anime company Gainax that was very clearly still an early build where they hadn't even incorporated the story or finished the gameplay. Really neat concept though, where you play a kidnapped princess whose would-be rescuers are killed in the attempt so she frees herself.

Götzendiener – Hardcore Gaming 101

Käebi

Mar 12, 2019
Lots of Sonic 06 here. Playing it right now, finished the Sonic story and having a blast. What a mess. I love it.

Also Xcom 1 on Vita. Even Xcom 2 on Switch runs terrible, but it's worlds ahead of Xcom 1 on Vita. Fun times.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Was it Mighty No. 9 that's just a straight-up, hard-stop ending game that's a borderline scam?

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
Recently, Sable. I loved the game, but it was almost unplayable at times due to the incredibly unstable framerate. It went from 60fps down to the low teens and even single digits at times on Series X.

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Probably Fallout: New Vegas during release on a crappy laptop that could barely run it. One of my favourite games despite the rough introduction.

I think Gothic 3 near release is also worth mentioning even though I didn't beat it until much later after many many fan patches. What an awful mess that game was.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight original PC release. Just set all settings to low, locked the framerate, and still enjoyed it.

Also, FEZ XBLA straight up hard crashed like 50% of the way and killed my save. Still replayed and enjoyed it.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Lots of Sonic 06 here. Playing it right now, finished the Sonic story and having a blast. What a mess. I love it.

Also Xcom 1 on Vita. Even Xcom 2 on Switch runs terrible, but it's worlds ahead of Xcom 1 on Vita. Fun times.
This is the one I wanted to hear, I haven't quite completed it myself, but this is game I feel is most straining to run on its hardware out of any I've ever played, it's crazy (but still fun!)

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
wasteland 3 on release
so many crashes but i wanted to finish the story, dammit

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

You can tell when they really had to rush on some level design, especially when the game advertises non-combat characters to you, but forces combat on you at certain points, but damn if it ain't still a great game.

Edit: Took out "phone it in" phrasing as it's not really accurate for the situation.

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout new vegas literally hit me with a progression stopping bug in the strip…twice! Still love the game though

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360) on release

The game would slow down to a crawl because of the high amount of enemies, limbs, and explosions all over the place. It did get a performance patch soon after but it didn't help all that much

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout: New Vegas on PS3 or Cyberpunk 2077.

I've never had a game crash as often as those two, never mind all the bugs.