• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Steamy Manatee

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 18, 2022
FF XV at launch.

A lot of people don't know or forget that Chapter 13 was like 2 hours long of poorly implemented buggy stealth. The game crashed on my PS4 when I was about to end the chapter and I had to beat it again.

I hate FF XV

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Almost certainly orange box on ps3. I played it on PC when it released (many times) but wanted to play it on a TV. It was a mess but I still enjoyed it, Half Life 2 is so good it can overcome those technical limitations

ray_caster

Nov 7, 2017
While I have likely played worse, the one that stands out in recent memory is Sinking City. I enjoyed the game well enough, but it was very unpolished. Not really buggy, just lacking in polish in all respects.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
The thread title says "most unpolished or even broken game THAT YOU'VE FINISHED". No one in here is saying that these games are among the most unpolished or broken games of all time. All of the Obsidian games listed here definitely qualify. They are my favorite dev of all time, so trust me I'm not shitting on them. Im just speaking from my own personal experience.
Yeah yeah sure I get it, it is overblown though, not only here but pretty much everywhere you see talk of Obsidian QC. Unless you are talking PS3 ports and shit like that, then yeah, stuff will be extremely messy.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
Fable 2 was SUPER glitchy and un-optimized in the beginning. Even Menus took like 10 seconds to load. I ran into 2 game breaking bugs which was the only time it has happened to me in a game and I somehow managed to finish it eventually after restarting twice. Also New Vegas I got the bug where you couldn't enter the city (had to use the work around where you glitch in from the train or whatever) and the load times were like 5 minutes long by the end of the game because of the memory leaks on 360.

greenhadoken

Oct 28, 2017
Most recent was first patch on Bloodstained for Switch. It froze and crashed so many times, didn't stop my enjoyment though haha

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
wasteland 3 on release
so many crashes but i wanted to finish the story, dammit

That game softlocked my playthrough near the end. I got stuck on a screen there was only one way out of and every time I tried to leave it would freeze. I didn't have a save anywhere close to that point either. Never did finish it.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Control feels like this honestly. Just finished the PS5 version final DLC boss and it was hilariously unbalanced for the way the character controls and how easily your health depletes with just a couple of hits

cowboyjosh

Banned
Sep 12, 2022
My loving girlfriend (now wife), who knows nothing about games, surreptitiously took note of the games I was playing throughout the year and then asked around to her gamer friends what new game coming out they thought I'd like. My birthday rolls around and I unwrap a brand new copy of Cyberpunk 2077 about 2 weeks after launch. To play on my Xbox One. I gritted my teeth through every crash, progression-breaking bug and just general idiocy of that game to finally get to the ending. It was made all the sweeter knowing how much effort she went through to get me just the right thing. I love her so much. And under no circumstances will CDPR ever get another dime from me.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Deadly Premonition, the original Witcher, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas. All broken either due to ambition, engine limitations, or time.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
FFXV for me as well. Wasn't aware how much was changed since release but wow, so glad no one else has had to suffer through what Chapter 13 was like at launch.