• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
One of us! One of us!

Got my Ducati booked in for servicing in March pre-Brexit. Hopefully it's warmed up a little by then....
There are dozens of us!

I think I've got approx 800 miles on my Valk. I need to do the first service soon. Probably at 1000 miles.

I also have to decide if I should get side luggage or perhaps a backpack to carry the essentials. I'm leaning towards a motorcycle backpack from Kriega. I just don't know if I'll like the backpack.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
The Kriega bags are really, really awesome, I have the 25 Litre one. I highly recommend you get the harness pocket, I use mine for my phone and earplug case. The fact they take almost all the weight off your shoulders is really great too

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
The Kriega bags are really, really awesome, I have the 25 Litre one. I highly recommend you get the harness pocket, I use mine for my phone and earplug case. The fact they take almost all the weight off your shoulders is really great too
Cool. The 25L one is described as, "all-around performance for short tours or everyday carry". Exactly what I need. The harness pocket is also a good idea.

LesPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
Hey Motorcycle-Era,

my first post here since I am new to riding. Currently getting my license (Germany) but already bought my first bike. Got really lucky and was able to get a Husqvarna Vitpilen 701. Going to post picture when I actually get it. It is currently sitting at the dealership. So maybe prepare for dumb questions from me from time to time :D

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
The Vitpilen is a good choice for a first bike after going through the Euro licensing system, also damned awesome

I of course eagerly await photos

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Hey Motorcycle-Era,

my first post here since I am new to riding. Currently getting my license (Germany) but already bought my first bike. Got really lucky and was able to get a Husqvarna Vitpilen 701. Going to post picture when I actually get it. It is currently sitting at the dealership. So maybe prepare for dumb questions from me from time to time :D

Where are you from in Germany?

Greeting from NRW

OP
OP
Gritesh

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
-37 c today, My Superduke sits in the garage waiting still.

I find the older I get the less time I have for winter.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
New cylinders + pistons came in for the S1. Waiting on just a few more parts and then we can begin rebuilding.

-37 c today, My Superduke sits in the garage waiting still.

I find the older I get the less time I have for winter.

Yes. You ever tempted to just take the bike out anyway?

I also have to decide if I should get side luggage or perhaps a backpack to carry the essentials. I'm leaning towards a motorcycle backpack from Kriega. I just don't know if I'll like the backpack.

I have one those Kriega bags you can attach to the rear seat / subframe. It's a pretty universal system. Big fan of them. Think I have a 10 and a 15 or 20l version.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
-37?? MINUS 37???

Fuck that I'd just die. It may rain all the time in England but at least here it has the decency to stay between 0-20C most of the time

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Those really low temps have the bonus of at least being a bit less humid/wet. This 0 to 1 degree damp awfulness we've had over here the last few weeks is worse in a way.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I have one those Kriega bags you can attach to the rear seat / subframe. It's a pretty universal system. Big fan of them. Think I have a 10 and a 15 or 20l version.
Yeah, it's this or the backpack. I'm leaning towards the backpack because I plan on bringing my belongings with me. But... I'm not a very big "backpack carrier". I like to have minimal stuff with me.

-37?? MINUS 37???

Fuck that I'd just die. It may rain all the time in England but at least here it has the decency to stay between 0-20C most of the time
Yeah it was -50 ... -50c in Chicago a few days ago. Like 17 people died last I heard. Also, the internet figured out that -40c is the same in Fahrenheit, -40f.

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
It has arrived

dWCGiGZ.jpg

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks.
Not pictured is the original clear screen, the original gold front calipers and the seal kit to overhaul them, also got a paddock stand and a race exhaust can which I'm gonna fit.
Got loads of paperwork and receipts as well.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
Do mopeds count. Here's mine:

My wonderful 2001 Tomos Targa. All the way from Slovania. A bike so sweet Porsche claimed copyright on the word "Targa" and they had to call it the Sprint. This bike is the most reliable thing in my life, outperforming roommates, employers, and society. Here it is right when I got it back in 2016. Now it's got a new pipe and is all fucked up.
Mj9AyLf.jpg

And this is the moneypit bike. A 77 Puch Maxi I fished out of a gentleman's basement. I've rebuilt the motor, both wheels/hubs/axles, added a new gas tank and seat, and replaced the front forks to have a disc brake. I've ridden it probably a few hours and worked on it 10x as much. It's almost ready to ride again, I just have to tighten down all the bolts and do about 100 things I forgot about. It is incredible when it gets on the pipe

CjSUmaY.jpg

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017

It looks even nicer than you promised. A real classic.

Do mopeds count. Here's mine:

My wonderful 2001 Tomos Targa. All the way from Slovania. A bike so sweet Porsche claimed copyright on the word "Targa" and they had to call it the Sprint. This bike is the most reliable thing in my life, outperforming roommates, employers, and society. Here it is right when I got it back in 2016. Now it's got a new pipe and is all fucked up.

Of course they count! Always enjoyed that minimalist design of moped too.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017

Oh my what a beautiful NC30, seeing these beauts in such good condition always pull on my heartstrings. I had so much fun with mine and as my first 'biggish' sports bike i'll always have found memories of them and still miss mine to this day.
6p7PaEu.jpg

So hey Motorcycle-Era now seems a good time to introduce myself.

Spent the past few years lurking here and at the old place. I reside in sunny England and have been riding on and off for the last nine years.

Bike history:
VFR 400 NC30 as pictured above. First bike I got after passing my DAS. Loved every minute of owning would love another one at some point.

After getting to grips with the NC30 I treated myself to a Honda VTR SP-1. Now this thing was an absolute stonker of a bike and with the twin Leo's sounded like rolling thunder coming down the road. Sold this bike then took a break from riding for about 4 years.
zYHpoje.jpg

Not owning a bike for 4 years was a tough so I plucked up the courage to convince the wife that me owning another bike would be a good thing for her too(me being less stroppy every time the sun was out and bikes went wizing by when we're out). Enter the 954 FireBlade. Owned for 3 years the bike's an oldie but never fails to put a smile on my face and still looks good for a 15 year old bike. But like most things in life a change is never a bad thing.......
fBQfVeX.jpg

So after only owning Honda's it's time for a change this year. So from the beginning of March it's bye bye FireBlade and hello Yamaha R1. Went to view it last weekend and after much deliberation(not much) the deal has been completed. To say I'm over the moon is an understatement. I've loved the latest model R1 since it's introduction in 2015 so can't wait for the weather to improve and get some mileage on her.
gDOXbAt.jpg

So that's me in a nutshell.

Last edited:

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
SP1 and 2's are awesome machines. Mine used to live in the living room.

Think I've fixed the link for the last image.

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, can see your images now.
Great looking bikes, all of them.
What year R1 are you getting?
A mate of mine has a 2018 and loves it, best bike he's ever had.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Cheers mate.

It's a 2018 but not been registered yet. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

LesPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I just picked up my first bike at the dealership. Here are some pictures. Still have to do a few things to it but I already really like the look.

ce5a4671-94d8-407a-b7tvjnc.jpg

057c5938-18f4-4c4d-9cwckut.jpg

Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
So hey Motorcycle-Era now seems a good time to introduce myself.

Welcome! Thanks for your post. Always enjoy reading people's bike histories.

After getting to grips with the NC30 I treated myself to a Honda VTR SP-1. Now this thing was an absolute stonker of a bike and with the twin Leo's sounded like rolling thunder coming down the road. Sold this bike then took a break from riding for about 4 years.

Noooo!

Oh well, at least you replaced it with that really cool R1 :P.

j/k, I do love that SP-1 though :D.

Seattle, which is a good town for mopeds. Seattle's small enough you can get from the north to the south end pretty easily on surface streets on one of these.

Interesting, yeah I was wondering where you were from because those Puch and Tomos mopeds are very popular here in the Netherlands, I don't reckon there's a lot of them in your neighborhood, right?

I just picked up my first bike at the dealership. Here are some pictures. Still have to do a few things to it but I already really like the look.

It's beautiful. What's it like to ride? Those big singles used to be a bit vibey during highway use, but I take it there have been advancements made in that area.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
Interesting, yeah I was wondering where you were from because those Puch and Tomos mopeds are very popular here in the Netherlands, I don't reckon there's a lot of them in your neighborhood, right?

Most mopeds here in the states are from the 70's gas crisis era, a lot of them were ridden for a little while then thrown out. I have a 3rd bike, a Puch, which was sitting unused for 8 years and outside for 2, which I plan on tearing down and cleaning up. A company in San Francisco imports a lot of parts from Europe, so it's a lot easier to maintain/upgrade bike now than it was like a decade ago.

Moped Culture in America is...weird? It's weird. We do rallies where a few hundred of us will show up and do a huge ride through town. The club I'm in will do camping trips where we ride out of town with camping gear and ride back. People can be incredibly dedicated and tight knit.

LesPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Germany
Welcome! Thanks for your post. Always enjoy reading people's bike histories.

It's beautiful. What's it like to ride? Those big singles used to be a bit vibey during highway use, but I take it there have been advancements made in that area.

I have not riden it yet. I still need to get my license. I will update you when I have spent my first kilometers in the saddle.

Oct 29, 2017
Took the Versys for a ride on Saturday. The weather was terrible but I had to get out on the bike. It rained the whole time...until I got into the mountains. I watched the temps drop to 33 degrees before I decided that was enough. Rain and cold is all well and good, but riding on ice is not something I want to willingly do. I will say that it was an excellent trial for some of my new gear, stayed totally dry the entire time and relatively warm with only a bit of layering underneath. On another note, I guess I need to look into an extended rear fender...the stock one flung road crap all the way on to the top of my top case...somehow.

rVdRe9b.jpg

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I wish I can go out for a ride but I'm pulling 72-80 hour work weeks.

Just waiting for the weather to warm up and I should be able to commute to work every now and then. I don't really like to commute to work on bike anyway. Not to these sites at least.

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
Went to the big motorcycle expo earlier this month here in Finland. Once again scored an awesome deal on new riding gear, bought quality 2-piece leathers for 300eur (original price 800eur) from Sweep (a finnish brand). I bought a leather jacket from them last year and was more than happy with the quality of it.

Last year before buying the speed triple and riding it for one season I went and sat on the 1290 Super Duke at the expo and that bike felt kinda intimidating, this year it was the opposite, I'd love to try one out or even buy one but it's well out of my price range for the time being.

Also, I never realized how small the MotoGP bikes are, they had Mika Kallio's KTM on display there and that thing is tiny!. The size of the bikes doesn't translate through a tv screen I guess, or maybe the bikes seem bigger on tv since most motogp riders aren't that big.

EDIT: The KTM

Last edited:

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Took my bike if for it's yearly post-winter spruce up. The finish isn't great in a couple of spots with it being a 14-15 year old Suzuki but it's still not a bad looker for an old bird.

52309232_2064670573617153_795782084747591680_n.jpg

52647533_2064670660283811_2006683972813193216_n.jpg

52115622_2064670853617125_6294186379429543936_n.jpg

Service and MOT on Tuesday to sort out a few niggles including a sticky throttle and I should be ready for my last Spring on the bike before I look at something with a bit more oomph.

mullfuchs

Jan 29, 2019
Finally got the rest of the Puch buttoned up and went for a test ride. Y'all nothing is quite like riding something you put together in your garage for the first time. It was raining a bunch so I just went up and down the block, but wow it's great to be back.

Also: kicked over on the first try, quarter kick too.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
Weather is great at the moment so I took my Street Triple for a short spin yesterday and possibly later today. Turns out riding is still fun :)