Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't think the absence of the classic songs will play well with audiences.

I'm personally down for a different take on the Mulan story but TLK and Aladdin made bank because of the nostalgia and being almost 1:1 to the originals. Seems like something I'd enjoy streaming at home. I'm always down for large-scale fantasy action.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Honestly, it looks pretty damn solid. Seems like the first of these live action remakes that has solid production values. It doesn't look like it was all shot on a set. I'm sold on the direction they are taking with the movie and how they are doing another version of the story. I've made peace with the fact that the songs aren'tgoing to be in the film besides instrumental versions.

Only iffy part is the girl playing Mulan. Everyone else seems to be reacting expressively while in a lot of scenes she's just stone cold.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If you've watched lots of Wuxia films this looks like your average one.

I would love to be wrong but it doesn't seem to have the same magic as the animated film.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
If you've watched lots of Wuxia films this looks like your average one.

I would love to be wrong but it doesn't seem to have the same magic as the animated film.
Yeah, it does seem a bit average. I like that kind of movie usually so I think it'll be worth my time, just not "$12 and a trip to the movie theater" worth it.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The report by DisInsider also shared that the source who saw the early screening of the film stated that classic songs from the animated musical are included in this live-action remake. Although, the cast do not perform the songs. The report states that the songs are purely instrumental versions.
They got NO ONE to sing Reflection over the end credits? They can't be that crazy, can they?

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
This will also make 1 billion, just like all the other live action flops of disney of last year.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
This'll probably be as good as TLK remake so extremely mediocre

Still crack a bil tho šŸ˜‚

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Looks decent i like that is atleast trying something different rather than just remaking the animated movie. No clue how well itll do though

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine if they actually made a badass wuxia movie and people cried about it because there weren't any song and dance numbers

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, except some of the line delivery is eh

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
My gf is Chinese and is disappointed now with the trailer. Gave her less excitement for the movie and just something that is made in China with zero Disney Magic.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I didn't know there was that much adoration for Mushu until news came out that he wasn't going to be in the live action film. He only ranks slightly higher than the gargoyles for me because it's Eddie Murphy.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think it looks really good. I'm down with a drastically new take on the story.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It looks entertaining enough. I'm not mad at it.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Damn these live action Disney movies continue to look so bland.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
All the changes really killed my hype for this.

;_;

What was changed? You mean the plot?

I watched Lion King last night and was surprised at some of the changes though I liked it alongside my family.

Alice in Wonderland (2010) blew me away due to the changes in the story - the sequel pretty much was a wtf is going on in almost every scene though lol.

Same with Dumbo (2019) which I watched last week though I liked Dumbo's additions to the plot.

Antoo

May 1, 2019

I watched Lion King last night and was surprised at some of the changes.

Alice in Wonderland (2010) blew me away due to the changes in the story.

Same with Dumbo (2019) which I watched last week though I liked Dumbo's additions to the plot.
Alice was pretty much a sequel to the original animated film. It works off the fact that Alice is returning as a young adult. Have no idea why some group it into the remake category. Same with Maleficent.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Alice was pretty much a sequel to the original animated film. It works off the fact that Alice is returning as a young adult. Have no idea why some group it into the remake category. Same with Maleficent.

Ooooh......that makes more of a sense.

That is pretty cool though.

Either ways I still liked it lol.

Oct 27, 2017

I watched Lion King last night and was surprised at some of the changes though I liked it alongside my family.

Alice in Wonderland (2010) blew me away due to the changes in the story - the sequel pretty much was a wtf is going on in almost every scene though lol.

Well all the other Disney live action remakes have still been very steeped in the fantastical. Mulan seems to be completely eliminating all of those elements so it just seems a bit more underwhelming IMO

octopedes

Feb 3, 2018
So far doesn't seem to capture the same magic as the original. Wonder if it'll be able to stand apart on its own?

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am so hyped for this movie. When the witch lady corrects the big bad and says it's a warrior that threatens his plans, not a little girl, you know the movie has its heart in the right place.

It's gonna be so awesome. šŸ˜Ž