Jul 4, 2018
Loved the trailer, action looks so good and seems well acted. Glad they are changing it up from the animated film well keeping some nods tbh that's what I want from the live action and I think Aladdin and Jungle Book have done that the best and they are my favourites.

What was changed? You mean the plot?

I watched Lion King last night and was surprised at some of the changes though I liked it alongside my family.

Alice in Wonderland (2010) blew me away due to the changes in the story - the sequel pretty much was a wtf is going on in almost every scene though lol.

Same with Dumbo (2019) which I watched last week though I liked Dumbo's additions to the plot.

Yeah pure plot, I don't care about the music or mushu really.

Well all the other Disney live action remakes have still been very steeped in the fantastical. Mulan seems to be completely eliminating all of those elements so it just seems a bit more underwhelming IMO

This is what got me hyped it could be a normal epic and still have a pretty cool plot but not it seems they touched way to much.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man this looks a bit too much like another Chinese martial arts movie :/

And no no vocal songs???? Fucking hell

F in the chat

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1449018643313.gif

I liked shan yu.
He was a good bad guy

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Aladdin and The Lion King were pretty bad so I'm looking forward to something that might actually be more than just a worse version of the original.

Apr 19, 2018
Think these trailers were a wasted opportunity to not have an instrumental rendition of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" -- like how they did 'Reflection' in the last one.

Even if the final movie doesn't feature the original songs in any shape or form, it'd do wonders in boosting the marketing.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think these trailers were a wasted opportunity to not have an instrumental rendition of "I'll Make a Man Out of You" -- like how they did 'Reflection' in the last one.

Even if the final movie doesn't feature the original songs in any shape or form, it'd do wonders in boosting the marketing.

Having Reflection in the previous one was probably a mistake, as it will give people the idea this is something it's not.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like generic shit that's actively trying to suck the life out of the original, as usual.

Apr 19, 2018
Having Reflection in the previous one was probably a mistake, as it will give people the idea this is something it's not.

I'm still wondering what Caro means when she says that "we do honor the music from the animation in a very significant way."

I hope that it means they'll at least be strains of the melodies in Gregson-Williams' score.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually the first live action remake I'm interested in. It looks like they tried to do something different which I appreciate.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You have a witch that transform into an eagle but you can't put a talking dragon?

Shame on you Disney

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like milquetoast trash that forgot it was based on a Disney musical.

Not to mention bizarrely ugly looking.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just load up Netflix and pick any of the hundreds of lame modern day wuxia movies, pretty much the same shit

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting a Chinese language version to come out, will check out that one

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mulan does represent the problem with these Live Action Remakes.

Hit the exact same beats: "It's the exact same as the original, why bother?"

Has some differences and doesn't have all the same beats: "They took out X? That was my favourite part! I'm not interested now!"

Try something new and original: "This new things scares me, why didn't they base this of something pre-existing" (A shareholder probably said that last one).

Solution I guess is to consider these cash generators for new animated movies, that's where the gold is at.

And I don't know why it took for the last trailer for me to realise that the Imperial Army not allowing any women in it is a lot weirder now that the Huns have a Female Witch on their side that's helping them win the battle.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Am I the only one that thinks that Mulan doesn't pass for a guy at all? At least they re-recorded her response when she's asked her name... I laughed out loud at the way it sounded in the first trailer.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
When they remade Cinderella (which I liked) - I thought these subsequent remakes would be a good idea. Everything from beauty and the beast has been very disappointing

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the whole coronavirus situation will be under control by the time this movie releases. Isn't it releasing in March?

Mephariel

Dec 3, 2018
I am excited in a sense that this is the first Disney remake that tries to be its own thing. The Lion King was so bland because it is basically an emotionless version of it.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe how generic this looks, nothing memorable about that trailer at all