• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
PC players, is there a 60 fps lock?

4bda765a-3ced-4010-97e5-f2614f1d01c8.png

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the town in this game after a nice build up just ends up being an elaborate menu screen.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about this game looks badass. Love the character design so much. Sleeper hit right here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Very Hard isn't messing around. Meeting enemies with twice my hp already.

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
I'm definitely going to get this eventually but I would prefer to be able to create my own characters. Tactical RPGs are the perfect genre to let the player inject that particular type of creativity. FFT, Xcom and Mordheim spoiled me.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Exploring higher level areas is totally worth it. Found an armour that give +4 health in a level 25 area - I am currently level 8.

They really want you to sneak stalk around.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely going to get this eventually but I would prefer to be able to create my own characters. Tactical RPGs are the perfect genre to let the player inject that particular type of creativity. FFT, Xcom and Mordheim spoiled me.
Characters in this are amazing tbf, not like XCOM where its generic soldier 6 unless you create them yourself.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Characters in this are amazing tbf, not like XCOM where its generic soldier 6 unless you create them yourself.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
How's everything holding up performance/stability wise? The biggest concern outlets had with the first 2-3 hours were some technical issues, so I'm curious if they've been smoothed over in the last weeks of development.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So is the real-time exploration merely for finding loot and for stealth to get the jump on enemies? Or is there world-building, logs, characters to meet and side stories, stuff like that? Any choices to make outside of skills and build?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So is the real-time exploration merely for finding loot and for stealth to get the jump on enemies? Or is there world-building, logs, characters to meet and side stories, stuff like that? Any choices to make outside of skills and build?

You can find "side maps" during gameplay that have their own encounters and loot, but I don't believe there is more story, characters and decisions outside of the incidental dialogue you might get from those optional areas. The side map they showed off pre-release had, seemily, unique dialogue that added to the environment but I don't know if that's the same for all of those encounters.

The overheard dialogue is apparently a notable feature for the developers; it was something they wanted to bring over from their time working on Hitman.

Last edited:

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
The "High Road" fight on Very Hard is the first (mandatory) test. Was literally getting one-shot.

HsGTZ5r.jpg

And yes, it seems to limit framerate to 62 FPS :-(

Last edited:

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
How's everything holding up performance/stability wise? The biggest concern outlets had with the first 2-3 hours were some technical issues, so I'm curious if they've been smoothed over in the last weeks of development.

Three hours on the Steam clock, haven't had any problems. Well, except the frame rate being limited to 62, and you could complain a bit about the available options.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The "High Road" fight on Very Hard is the first (mandatory) test. Was literally getting one-shot.

HsGTZ5r.jpg

And yes, it seems to limit to 62 FPS :-(
I was able to sneak past that area, it's not mandatory.

One thing I'm finding problematic is that these early enemies are way too high level for me. Infact the very first quest you get sends you to fight enemies that are level 20 while I'm only around 8. And this means I pretty much have to kill anyone who's not absurdly high level if I want to level up, even if I can easily sneak past them, because sooner or later the game throws me into a situation where I absolutely have to fight. Kind of makes sneaking feel useless. But even then these "not absurdly high level" enemies are like still 13 levels above me.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017

Right, I figured out after I'd moved on that you probably could sneak past the Shaman. Was a fun fight to figure out though. There's a particular item that was very useful.

Though as you point out, sneaking by enemies will only take you so far, but clearly some groups are ment to be bypassed and then cleaned up later (like the one by the helicopter, or the tutorial part). I did sneak into the Rot Warrens where there are level 35 skull enemies, got some scrap but no major item IIRC.

Still, I haven't gotten stuck yet. Next on the hit list, this sucker:

jFb3Y8D.jpg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

One thing I'm finding problematic is that these early enemies are way too high level for me. Infact the very first quest you get sends you to fight enemies that are level 20 while I'm only around 8. And this means I pretty much have to kill anyone who's not absurdly high level if I want to level up, even if I can easily sneak past them, because sooner or later the game throws me into a situation where I absolutely have to fight. Kind of makes sneaking feel useless. But even then these "not absurdly high level" enemies are like still 13 levels above me.
Yep, same problem, getting my ass kicked but NEED to fight for xp

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I wish we could shred armour - please ignore me if you can and I just haven't seen it yet.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Has anyone ordered this through Humble? When are the keys coming in? I wanna order it there but the 3 day early access seems nice.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no system in place to sell dupes? I bought an armour and then 5 mins later I found the same one laying on the ground as loot :/

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
It's the UE4 default, not that this really answers the question. It can usually be removed/raised with a config edit.

Edit: Adding FrameRateLimit=x to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\ZoneUE4\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini does the trick:

Good to know. I'll add that to the OP for future reference.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im dreading getting the plat for this game, the normal difficulty is hard already and there's no ng+.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
ok i don't even play or like strategic game but this one look awesome.
is this a too hard game even on normal for a newbie? what do you guys think?

(sorry for my english)

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know exactly what the penalty for a character death is, other than being out of the rest of the fight?

(and this stupidity:
Hvy7t0q.png
)

Status
Not open for further replies.