• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Could someone list or point me to a list of all the best asset rip worlds to explore on VRChat?
Life is Strange - The Mill is great, as it has all the NPCs and the band playing with music/animation.

From WoW, Orgrimmar ripped from Cataclysm looks really cool, The Barrens at night is quite relaxing, and Dalaran has a great scale.

From FFXIV, Kugane has some really great sights.

Break Point from Halo Reach has lots of large-scale structures.

Those are a few not mentioned so far that come to mind. You can find the WoW / FFXIV / Halo worlds by searching for the city/location name.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, it even has Kat's safe house. That looks lovely!
It's most likely quite literally ripped from the game itself. The fun thing about vrchat is that you can find a lot of niche things like this.
Holy shit I had no clue this was in development, so cool!
It's probably not. A lot of people don't update their VRchat worlds beyond compatibility. Some people are super dedicated though. There's Halloween versions of all the most popular maps atm.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
You need the link for that right on Quest2 ? It's a shame mine is totally buggy currently, apps are just not starting at all..

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There are Dark Souls worlds as well like Majula from Dark Souls 2, the Firelink shrine from Dark Souls 1, and Midir from Dark Souls 3.

Probably more out there. :)
If you have any suggestions, I'm open to it! Discoverability kind of sucks on VRChat so I have to think of stuff to search up. I can't just type in "Dark Souls" and find everything, for example, unless the creator put "Dark Souls" in the title of the map.

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
If you have any suggestions, I'm open to it! Discoverability kind of sucks on VRChat so I have to think of stuff to search up. I can't just type in "Dark Souls" and find everything, for example, unless the creator put "Dark Souls" in the title of the map.

Yeah, that's one of the things I wish was improved.

As for suggestions... hmm, there's the shrine from Shadow of the Colossus as well as the forest.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really hope PSVR2 can be hooked up to PC. It'll be the only way I will be able to engage with pc vr content. This looks amazing.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It's fun to explore video game worlds, might see some details you otherwise wouldn't have noticed in pancake gaming.

When you load into Auldnoir, you'll see some gauges you can mess with that adjusts jumping height.

Maxing it out causes you to technically fly but you can't stop yourself and respawning won't stop it either so you have to reload the world again.

Thanks for the info. I have VR Chat, but don't have a headset right now, so I won't be able to experience this in VR currently. I might be able to use one of my friend's headset for this next time I see them.

Destructoid
OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Looks like Destructoid picked up on the thread. :)
www.destructoid.com

A Gravity Rush VR project?! Sure!

Gravity Rush VR might not be in the works from Sony directly, but fan collectives are set on making it happen one way or another.

I did some digging, the team behind the project is "Team Alua". People get together all the time in VRChat to make projects a reality, and this is one such team.

This is an old tweet from 2020.

It looks like they need people to help out with the project that knows their stuff. Probably with VRChat's Udon or something.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Definitely one of the things I loved about Gravity Rush. The atmosphere.

I just wish there were NPC's walking around and airships flying through the skies to heighten the immersion.

My god, if only I could explore Jirga Para Lhao in VR with all of its people, that would probably bring me to tears.

Till then, let us jam to the fine music 😭 👍

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Till then, let us jam to the fine music 😭 👍

The music is so good, it heightens the experience. Watching the game play in that video makes me dream so much, lol.

I just wanna sit on a moving airship, as it flies around Lei Colmosna, or other districts in Jirga Para Lhao and take in all the sights.

It sounds so chill. Then when I'm feeling adventurous, I'd go flying around and explore.

Maybe when this fan project is further along, I'll have a better computer by then.

I'm still rocking an Oculus Rift CV1 and a GTX 1080 8GB on like...a first gen Ryzen motherboard. Pretty old by today's standards, still works good though. :)

Mar 29, 2018
Truly one of the most incredible worlds created in videogames and VR Chat is such a treasure for the level of commitment its userbase puts into projects like this.

You can fly!
OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
When you load into Auldnoir, you'll see some gauges you can mess with that adjusts jumping height.

Maxing it out causes you to technically fly but you can't stop yourself and respawning won't stop it either so you have to reload the world again.

I wanted to point out that this is actually wrong, you can fly! It uses the same mechanic from the Udon Gravity world.

Extend both your arms forward, then press and hold the trigger buttons on both of your VR controllers, then swing your arms downwards to ascend!

Hold both trigger buttons and swing your arms upwards to descend! This is super awesome.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
Just came in to say this is amazing and Gravity Rush Remastered (played it and platinumed it earlier this year) is amazing i'm still waiting to go through Gravity Rush 2 once i find a physical AUS copy to play on ps5 and now I want Kat to come back on the PSVR2 comeone sony you cowards lol nice thread op