Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a trainwreck. I feel bad for both of you, but the cynic in me thinks you've been conned.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
OP u should stop posting and ask someone IRL for help (parents or close relative)

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I read this thread when it only had like 30 replies. And that was less than an hour ago.

Now it's an entirely different thread with hundreds of replies.

The world (and the OP, truly) is moving too fast for my old bones.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Like if it really is about the money, im not really sure what you can do other than take her to small claims court.
Obviously this kills the friendship forever, but I really don't know what else you could do.

Do you have texts/anything showing what the agreement with the money was?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh read the update. Classic era thread where they leave out the most important info buried pages deep 😂

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
- we met a year ago at Amazon
- I went to all her family birthdays, we went on 4 dates
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(

Congrats on the sex I guess? But 4K lol

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That's substantial and I hope you have receipts like texts or an agreement on how she should pay you back.

4 grand? I'm not cutting my losses with out my money.
I'd never loan out 4k. But if I did I'll make an effort to get that back if I did. Small claims court, etc. 4k is lotta money.

Ablacious

Dec 23, 2018
Strong bs vibes. In a year venmo a request for 4K. Don't expect it back.

General admonishment to never lend friends large sums of money. Consider it (internally. Don't tell them this) a gift.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Ooof....4K is not a joke...was there an agreement between you two written down or through texts? I would not be letting that money go...

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago
- she's very emotional. She had a child with her ex, they were together for 6 years. Ended a year and a half ago.
- I have suspicions that she has deep feeling for him still. She cries to ex lover songs :(

This information is so weirdly cherry picked. This whole thread is kinda bizarre.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
if you really have been ghosted, you need to get your money back. people telling you move on are insane.

small claims or something. but then again, you might just be shit outta luck if you didn't get some sort of receipt or text or anything

Aug 1, 2018
I read this thread when it only had like 30 replies. And that was less than an hour ago.

Now it's an entirely different thread with hundreds of replies.

The world (and the OP, truly) is moving too fast for my old bones.

now-old.gif

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I thought OP was 17 to 19 from the OP.
I mean... it could still technically be true.
Unlikely, there's a kid of one of the protagonist and OP lend 4 digits amount of cash.
I know some kids are precocious but like I don't think any teenager that has that kind of money to spare would do anything like what is shown here or would even worry about tax season.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The dissonance between how the thread started and where it is now has me convinced this has to be a troll. Weirdo energy if not.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Meeting at Amazon means you guys meet at work right?

Coz the alternatives are hilarious.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- we had sex 2 weeks ago

4 thousand. We were waiting on tax season to pay me back

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
That sucks big time, not gonna give somone who's just lost 4K a hard time.
Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding and you still have a friend and 4K in your life.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Dude lends woman 4k and she stops responding which is out of character and people are still doubting he is ghosted. Y'all must have been very lucky in life not to come across shit people.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is an amount of money that shouldn't be written off, unless you're rich.

Chill on the text messages, give your friend a week or two, then try to contact her again. Don't mention the loan immediately; just inquire about her. If you still don't get a response, wait a couple of days and then bring up the money.

If she still ignores you after your bringing up the money, and you think that you won't see the money, then you should consider sending her a formal notice by registered mail, asking her to pay you or else you are going to initiate formal legal proceedings to recuperate the money. Odds are likely that she will be scared enough by the letter that she will pay you immediately. If you do that though, you need to make sure that you are comfortable losing her friendship forever, because your friendship is not surviving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.