• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Deku

Votes: 250 41.7%
  • All Might

Votes: 179 29.9%
  • Bakugou

Votes: 65 10.9%
  • Kirishima

Votes: 46 7.7%
  • Other (Type in comments)

Votes: 59 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
That was a fantastic chapter. Overall, I like the arc, it had some AMAZING moments. I feel when this gets animated the pacing will be better (like having Kirishima have his flashback before the raid) and more things fleshed out.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There probably isn't any weakness to it. We just got through a villain who destroy people with a single touch, heal all of his injuries, and combine with people. I don't think Quirks have to have weaknesses or drawbacks.

Yeah, this isn't HxH - drawbacks aren't linked to power here, some peoples' quirks are just better. See: Todoroki vs. tailguy. One of them has a tail, and the other can create titanic blasts of fire and ice.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The closest thing to a drawback is how many quirks are tied to their biology.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Stamina used to be a thing due to the whole quirks=body parts thing and some can't spam it or face injuries

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Stamina used to be a thing due to the whole quirks=body parts thing and some can't spam it or face injuries
The thing is, stamina tends to scale with power. It takes orders of magnitude more energy in a physics sense to do what Todoroki does than what tailguy does, but they tire at similar rates.

Only major exception is Deku.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, Todoroki did a training that even some adults would pass out since very little, his stamina is pretty big.
Ojiro is the closest to quirkless hero we got so far, he is probably the best fighter in the class without using quirks.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kirishima did went from barely protecting his face to being almost indestructible and being able to break down walls

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Now that was a great chapter. Amazing teamwork on the League's part.

I was happy just to see Dabi, but he was really cool here. Interesting that he's going up in terms of crimes, and a little messed up too that he's thrilled about becoming more famous. The impression I got from him before was that he wasn't really a full-on villain since he only did a few small crimes here and there, and wanted to bring about Stain's ideal world. *cough* Dabi brother theory. *cough* Now he really seems like a full-on villain, murdering people and getting thrilled about making the news, and also just now, possibly killing Snatch, a pro hero. Loving these developments.

I suppose I didn't really care that much for Shigaraki before. He wasn't particularly great nor bad, he was just Deku's villain counterpart. But now? I think I love the guy now. Not only does he look great with his new coat--huge upgrade from looking like he's just wearing pajamas or some shit he'd wear to bed--but what he did was just cruel. And smart! He's really stepping up, and the League as a whole too, and I love that. I didn't even realize he had Mr. Compress take Overhaul's left forearm when I first read it, though... so I can't help but feel bad for the guy. I mean, yeah, he's a sick bastard who was hurting Eri and hurt Mirio, Nighteye, and the others, but losing your hands? Shit.

So much for the Toga thing, though, huh? Guess I'm actually kind of relieved.

Hoping to see Todoroki, Momo, or Bakugo soon. It's been soooo long since we saw the others. I need to see my children. Also really hoping somebody (or a group of somebodies) who hasn't had the spotlight yet gets the focus on whatever the next arc will be.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was brutal. Did they end up burning Chisaki at the end or that was the wreckage from the cars?

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can we have a best girl poll?

And why is All Might and Kirishima even on the best guy poll???? All Might is a grown adult. Get him outta here. Kirishima is cool but isn't cooler than Iilda.
No need, we know All Might is best girl.

(Also I can't change polls, I'll have to ask a mod later but the ones I know have been busy with work so I haven't bothered them)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Now that was a great chapter. Amazing teamwork on the League's part.

I was happy just to see Dabi, but he was really cool here. Interesting that he's going up in terms of crimes, and a little messed up too that he's thrilled about becoming more famous. The impression I got from him before was that he wasn't really a full-on villain since he only did a few small crimes here and there, and wanted to bring about Stain's ideal world. *cough* Dabi brother theory. *cough* Now he really seems like a full-on villain, murdering people and getting thrilled about making the news, and also just now, possibly killing Snatch, a pro hero. Loving these developments.

To be fair as far as we know the people he killed were" trash " criminals
And if he follows stain ideology it just mean that hero was too weak and a necessary sacrifice

Of course this out of my ass since we don't know enough about him

Oct 28, 2017
That was an amazing chapter. I love the growth of the league. The league reminds a bit of the Spiders from HXH. The more they show up they more people like them. Good dynamic, cooperation and coordination as well make them a very serious threat.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow,what a great chapter! The league looked like a million bucks and there were some really cool panels.

Also,Spinner is the fucking worst.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow,what a great chapter! The league looked like a million bucks and there were some really cool panels.

Also,Spinner is the fucking worst.
GRAND.THEFT.AUTO!

Yeah agree on it being a great chapter, I've liked the idea of whom Shigiraki is (All for one turning the family member of All Mights master evil) but yeah he hasn't done all that much up until now and most of his plans fail but here we just get to see him and the rest of the League really show some growth in a short amount of time. It worked really well while also giving Chisaki a rather brutal end without actually killing him.

That Sand hero though? He's most likely dead, between that and the mention of certain characters graduating to more evil crimes the League is sure seeming like a bigger and bigger threat every day.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the bullet's origin reveal.

There are a lot of things good about this series, but I think the reason I keep reading is because he really really fuckin nails the emotional moments that in any other manga, even great ones, could seem melodramatic. Like even One Piece is hit and miss sometimes for me (the Jaya bell) but MHA is basically non stop emotional home runs.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
To be fair as far as we know the people he killed were" trash " criminals
And if he follows stain ideology it just mean that hero was too weak and a necessary sacrifice

Of course this out of my ass since we don't know enough about him
Good point. That could have been the case. Although, I have a feeling that he's not the type of villain who'd shy away from killing a hero simply because Stain would deem them worthy. The way I see it, Stain's idealogy resonates with him because of his theorized hatred for Endeavor. Less so about leaving the world only with proper heroes, but an excuse to eliminate heroes like Endeavor.

But yeah, we don't know enough about the guy, sadly. He's my favorite villain, so I'd love it if we eventually get to learn more about him. That said, if the brother theory is true, then he'll have his time soon enough.

Speaking of Dabi, though, I love that panel of him preparing to incinerate Snatch. So I decided to cripple my right hand on Photoshop. Whew.
Fhu5Qbt.png
Man, I really love his look. Real shame the flame on the left is cut off like that, though. Would have loved to make an avatar or something out of this.

necrosis

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
shiggy is fucking brutal. dabi too

glad this arc is over. was loving it up until the end of the mirio vs overhaul fight, but then it started dragging

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I'm all caught up. That was some good shit.

I'm worried that in a few chapters they'll get Eri to give Mirio his quirk back or restore All Might's body

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Deku was rewound before the fight against Muscular but after the fight against Todoroki.

I hope he just forgot to draw it cause I don't want damage to be undone. He should still keep his new fighting style though.

I'm worried that in a few chapters they'll get Eri to give Mirio his quirk back or restore All Might's body

Also don't think they would do that. Eri also has like no control over her quirk, probably wouldn't want to risk it with it killing people.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he just forgot to draw it cause I don't want damage to be undone. He should still keep his new fighting style though.
If he doesn't get weaker like going back to 5% again I agree with you, but at least the damage from Todoroki fight isn't gone so he still needs to be careful.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda figured they'd fix Deku's arms. The past few fights he's been in have ended with the opponent saying his kicking style alone is too predictable.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
Deku's arms being fixed <3. Great chapter. I loved the Yakuza aspect. I can see this arc being better in animation rather than chapters.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that Deku always fought analyzing the enemy and then countering, so he when he needs to take the initiative he sucks.Even against Overhaul he defeated him by analyzing the time he takes to reconstruct and uding that to hit him.
Deku needs to evolve from countering people to predicting them.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Good GOD they had the Villain Alliance take a step up. Shiggy taking off Overhaul's fucking hands was outta nowhere and what they did to that hero, damn.

It's curious, they don't feel like Shonen baddies, still. Maybe it's because we've been living with them so long, but stuff like Toga and Compress bantering over the phone, Twice breaking down in the background, and the whole fight was just... very, very different feeling, and extremely well executed.

I'd put money on Eri not being able to rewind her own rewinds, for the first. For the second, she's still got no control whatsoever. Training her is gonna be tough, too; if she's that powerful even inanimate objects aren't safe. What happens if she rewinds a bent nail into the stellar matter that eventually turned into the iron?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Good GOD they had the Villain Alliance take a step up. Shiggy taking off Overhaul's fucking hands was outta nowhere and what they did to that hero, damn.

It's curious, they don't feel like Shonen baddies, still. Maybe it's because we've been living with them so long, but stuff like Toga and Compress bantering over the phone, Twice breaking down in the background, and the whole fight was just... very, very different feeling, and extremely well executed.

I'd put money on Eri not being able to rewind her own rewinds, for the first. For the second, she's still got no control whatsoever. Training her is gonna be tough, too; if she's that powerful even inanimate objects aren't safe. What happens if she rewinds a bent nail into the stellar matter that eventually turned into the iron?

I think they work really well cause we are watching them grow and develop versus "enemy of the arc gotta go down and out" Kind of the same reason I like the Phantom Troupe in HxH except the League has way more room to grow.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The league better be the final villains with Shigiraki being the world's greatest villain

Though how is he going to keep spinner on

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think they work really well cause we are watching them grow and develop versus "enemy of the arc gotta go down and out" Kind of the same reason I like the Phantom Troupe in HxH except the League has way more room to grow.
I think that's basically it. A lot of villain groups (especially in Shonen) are effectively arc villains, they show up to present a threat, get beat, and that's that. These guys have been around so long, they've gained the kind of... authorial influence that actual characters get. It's pretty cool.

The league better be the final villains with Shigiraki being the world's greatest villain

Though how is he going to keep spinner on

Spinner is 100% getting murked by Stain when the VA goes to break out AfO and Spinner tries to break out his idol while they're there.

igordennis

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god that chapter was amazing. The art was back to top tier status. Amazing panels and the League... Kreygasm

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Is the current arc over by now? I stopped a few months backs, since I basically only read once several chapters have released to binge them. Would like to get a stopping point at the end of a chapter or beginning of a new one. :0

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the bullet's origin reveal.

There are a lot of things good about this series, but I think the reason I keep reading is because he really really fuckin nails the emotional moments that in any other manga, even great ones, could seem melodramatic. Like even One Piece is hit and miss sometimes for me (the Jaya bell) but MHA is basically non stop emotional home runs.
Best moment in the series is when Bakugou completely cracks after the AFO fight.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Damn, and here I thought League wanted to recruit him. Instead they cut off his hands and took his quirk away, all in the name of revenge. Just like villains should.

Love seeing them be competent for a change.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is the current arc over by now? I stopped a few months backs, since I basically only read once several chapters have released to binge them. Would like to get a stopping point at the end of a chapter or beginning of a new one. :0
Yes it is a perfect point to binge, no cliffhangers too.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
So apparently Deku was rewound before the fight against Muscular but after the fight against Todoroki.
I'm worried that this means he's probably back to just 5%... Although, maybe that would be a good thing? Let him focus on improving his fighting skills first, under Nighteye and Mirio's tutelage, if possible.
Best moment in the series is when Bakugou completely cracks after the AFO fight.
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's the best, but it's one of, for sure. It gets me every time. I can already see myself crying when it gets animated.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, and here I thought League wanted to recruit him.

Surprised people actually thought this. Overhaul is way too overpowered and prideful to work under someone like Shiggy.

Additionally, his powers are basically a superior version of Shiggy's, and we can't have that lingering on our minds.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Surprised people actually thought this. Overhaul is way too overpowered and prideful to work under someone like Shiggy.

Yeah, I actually had to think about this for a moment and realized how wrong I was. It's not even that Overhaul is prideful, but that Shigaraki would obviously hold a grudge for the snub he received and the killing of one of his underlings. Now I'm actually impressed by the long game he played, pretending to work with Seven Precepts while waiting for a moment to strike back.

Additionally, his powers are basically a superior version of Shiggy's, and we can't have that lingering on our minds.

And this is something that I didn't even think of, but you're obviously right.

Also, I fully expect that at some point Eri will restore Overhaul's hands in an act of forgiveness.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Overhaul basically killed her and brought her back plenty of times. I really hope she doesn't forgive someone that tortured her that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.