• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Literally no one of us noticed for at least a week has passed

Okay I dont feel like a complete dumbass lol. So i caught with everyones reactions to the latest chapters. Anyone got any predictions on how this wild series of chapters is gonna keep going? Are we gonna cut to spinner now or we gonna see Dabi and compress first?

I personally thing spinner is gonna be the ladt spotlight chapter because he is with shigiraki at the moment so it would be kinda cool to be in head during the climax of the arc.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ojiro just needs a little bit of focus like what spinner got and that made us kinda love spinner.
Really, that's all it takes. Spinner got like... 2 pages worth of characterization and turned into a genuinely interesting character because of it.

I feel like Horikoshi is genuinely better at fleshing out the villains than the heroes, though.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I really love Compress' style - it's why I voted for him - but at this point, it's gotta be Twice. Easy.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Twice is definitely the best villain among the League of Villains for me, but Dabi is still my favorite, lol.
Yet another similarity between us. I watched a lot of Supernatural with my brother too. My brother was decently older than me, so I got exposed to tv and movies a kid wouldn't usually watch. Before Supernatural it was stuff like Buffy and the X-Files. It was great, haha
My dad loved X-Files! I haven't watched it yet though, just a little bit. Sadly, I haven't seen any of Buffy at all. Hopefully we'll eventually have it on Netflix here or something...

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Twice is definitely the best villain among the League of Villains for me, but Dabi is still my favorite, lol.

My dad loved X-Files! I haven't watched it yet though, just a little bit. Sadly, I haven't seen any of Buffy at all. Hopefully we'll eventually have it on Netflix here or something...
You should surprise him and buy him the complete boxset sometime.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I have Twice as the best overall character, Shigaraki as the best Villain, and Toga as my personal favorite

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Really, that's all it takes. Spinner got like... 2 pages worth of characterization and turned into a genuinely interesting character because of it.

I feel like Horikoshi is genuinely better at fleshing out the villains than the heroes, though.
I think he is better at writing adults than the kids, it just happens that most of the heroes are kids. Hawks gets a similar quality of writing that the villains get and he is agood guy

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I think he is better at writing adults than the kids, it just happens that most of the heroes are kids. Hawks gets a similar quality of writing that the villains get and he is agood guy
There's also that the Villains and Pro Heroes have more going for them then just kid studying to be a Hero, most of the students have repetitive end goals and there's a lot more with the pros and Villains

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more that when he's writing a straight-up-and-down hero, like most of the kids are, there's some kind of pressure to keep them into certain molds that doesn't exist in the case of villains and somewhat shady people like Hawks. They're allowed to be more flawed and messy, which makes them more interesting and well-rounded.

There's exceptions, of course, but it's true for the most part.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Stain is still my favorite villain. His arc is when I got hooked on the series. Of the league, it's Twice
Your dad sounds cooler than mine, he's never really liked the same stuff as us. Buffy is legit the greatest tv show ever made. It's art. I highly recommend it if you ever get a chance. It's spinoff Angel is legit too

Dec 28, 2018
Twice is beloved, and rightfully so, but I'd still put Stain and AfO over him, they've had a bigger impact on the story thus far
Cant argue with you about that as those two have had a much bigger impact than him, I just find him to be leaps and bounds better when it comes to the characterization and charisma department. Hell I find him to be the best over all villain because of that.

Oct 17, 2018
I just want my boy Mirio to get his quirk back. I'm half expecting him to get it back off screen or something and then come in and save everyone's asses at some point, kinda like Rock Lee in part 1 Naruto.

Oct 25, 2017
Woot found an incredible KiriKami artist

D7uQEKUU8AEv3rx.jpg
D7uQEKRU0AEyvGL.jpg

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chapter Spoilers from the usual guy
Twice saves Toga

Dabi's quirk isn't compatible with his body

There was supposed to be one hour till Giganto wakes up but he just ends up waking up early at the end of the chapter

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Chapter Spoilers from the usual guy
Twice saves Toga

Dabi's quirk isn't compatible with his body

There was supposed to be one hour till Giganto wakes up but he just ends up waking up early at the end of the chapter

Ahhhh Hori what are you doing to me, this sounds hype as fuck

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Hori is fucking with us with the Dabi thing
next we're going to get a hint that he had an abusive father, then 10 chapters later it will be revealed that is abusive father was a Pro Hero, The Arc after that Dabi will say he has two brothers and a sister, this will all lead up to Dabi finally admitting that his first and last name starts with the letter T

Status
Not open for further replies.