• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Reptar is a boss name lol
xbISRfI.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I know this chapter was relatively low key as chapters go but I fucking loved it.

- Deku gets to go in depth on what his current goal is when it comes to his power and in the process shows Endeavor that he not just some slack jawed muscle head.

- Bakugo gets a bit of character growth. I honestly expected him to talk MAD shit onto Deku and Endeavor and yet again proclaim that he is the best thing since sliced bread, but he doesn't. For once he actually opens up and gives a honest and concise answer to someone's question. And in the process shows that he not only respects Endeavor, but is actually willing to learn. Not only that but he was willing to do this in front of people who he considers to be his rivals. Which up until now he almost never did regardless of who it was. That to me a big step forward for him. Though I'm sure some will disagree with that point of view.

- Shoto gets to yet again lay the verbal smackdown on his pops

- But this time the verbal smackdown didn't get me hyped like it has in the past. This time I felt bad for Endeavor. He let his son bring his friends to his agency and has takn the first step in a genuinely honest effort into training them all under the assumption that maybe his son didn't completely hate his guts anymore, but was immediately reminded that wasn't the case. And that to me was incredibly sad. Because obviously from Shoto's perspective he doesn't know just how hard Endeavor is trying to turn himself around, but we as the audience do know and to me it sucks that Shoto doesn't know how hard he is trying. I am hoping that at some point Shoto understands just how hard his dad is trying. Because if something happens to Endeavor before then I am gonna be fucking mad. Shoto deserves to know that his dad is doing his best to be a better person. I think it would help him with alot of his pent up issues.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
All that complaining (in other places not here) during the Endeavor arc about him being redeemed only to be back at square one lol.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't mind this chapter like I thought it would. Never been big on training arcs, so I wonder how long this "arc" will take.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shoto roasted Endeavor really hard
Bakugo wants Endeavour to find him flaws to overcome and continue being perfect
Yeah not a fan of this development, he continues to be cocky.
Deku and Todoroki's goals are much better because they feel like they have to struggle to reach them

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also Endeavor compared Deku's inability to fully control his power to I assume him and his family? What was that about?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda doubt that we wont see the other teams, specially after the teaser of the last arc.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Bakugo, I laughed at him throwing shade at Deku's multiple quirks
I think it is annoying. Like he cant chill out even when it is a serious stuff, and he was supposed to have improved his realtionship with Deku, and yet he is salty about everything related to Deku still

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

(Me reading Bakugo say: "And I've learned that just because I'm strong in a fight doesn't mean I'm strong as a person."

-Straightforward chapter but I liked it well enough. Wonder if we'll see more of Todoroki's mom this arc.

-Seeing the three break down what they want to improve is great. Love Deku being Deku again, as I did Kacchan and Todoroki's reactions. It's really cool Endeavor followed that whole thing. It's funny AF to me that Endeavor seems to be the better teacher than All Might.

-Todoroki and Bakugo talking to Endeavor about what they want to work on was great. Both of them are the perfect examples of the slow burn character development Hori does so well. I liked that they have to continue to work on their issues. Different manga would've had them completely change by now. You tell him, Todoroki.

-Impressed with Bakugo's response this chapter. He continues to have clear goals and the way he explained how he wants to improve himself was mature and concise.

If I had to guess, we will see brief snippets of their training with Endeavor but not the whole thing. Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!
I think it is annoying. Like he cant chill out even when it is a serious stuff, and he was supposed to have improved his realtionship with Deku, and yet he is salty about everything related to Deku still
Hating on Bakugo again, why am I not surprised. Telling Deku to stop rambling does not equal being salty

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hating on Bakugo again, why am I not surprised. Telling Deku to stop rambling does not equal being salty
I am talking about when he was fuming when deku said he had another power, also people can criticize Bakugo without being hate, I don't like his development, if you disagree at least try to argue why I am wrong instead of saying I am a hater

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I am talking about when he was fuming when deku said he had another power, also people can criticize Bakugo without being hate, I don't like his development, if you disagree at least try to argue why I am wrong instead of saying I am a hater
Fuming???? When? Not this chapter. I call you a hater because every time you mention Bakugo you hating. You can not like his development but from my POV you don't like his character period. I've never seen you have kind words. I mean, if you're bringing up when he told Deku to kill him self and referencing him fuming which had to be a couple chapters back I'm gonna think you have a grudge.

Btw, it's ok not to like him. I'd rather you just say that then try to put him down every time he gets some focus

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fuming???? When? Not this chapter. I call you a hater because every time you mention Bakugo you hating. You can not like his development but from my POV you don't like his character period. I've never seen you have kind words. I mean, if you're bringing up when he told Deku to kill him self and referencing him fuming which had to be a couple chapters back I'm gonna think you have a grudge.

Btw, it's ok not to like him. I'd rather you just say that then try to put him down every time he gets some focus
Talking about this
HVTBCsE.png

I dislike Bakugo's development after Deku vs Bakugo, it isnt hating the character, but how Horikoshi has been handling him, mainly that his angry issues stopping being an issue and just becoming a thing to laugh, and a bigger problem is that I don't think it is funny with a character with a history of bullying

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic chapter. I love how, while it was a chill chapter with not much happening, it still managed to get me really excited. Lots of great little character moments. Deku's wall of text was hilarious and Endeavor's ability to quickly digest all of that was equally impressive. I'm not surprised given his work record. Bakugo straight up saying he's there to learn and grow as a person because he can already do everything he wants/needs to do in terms of his power and abilities was such a pleasant surprise. I'm proud of him and I'll never tire of seeing him grow. Shoto though... Whew. That has to be the best part of the chapter. It was hard to see Endeavor have to hear that but at the same time of course, I'm really glad their relationship is developing this way. He has to hear this from Shoto. Their relationship is strictly professional right now and from the looks of it, Endeavor completely understands and accepted it.

I'm glad we're not getting a timeskip, though I somewhat share others' feelings on not getting to see the other interns at work. It's like a positive feedback loop of the rich getting richer. In this case, it's those with plenty of screen time getting even more. I want both actually, to see the trio and everyone else's. It's super exciting to see the former because they're our leads and we've never seen them work together like this before. On the other hand, other characters really need some screen time and development. I want to see that so badly, but I understand the need to focus on the main characters... Hopefully we'll get to see a bit more of the others later on, but I've got a feeling this will turn out like the Stain arc in that regard.
It's funny AF to me that Endeavor seems to be the better teacher than All Might.
You know... It's kinda similar to Deku and Bakugo in that they both have something the other lacks.
And that is completely ignoring he never apologized to deku for bullying him before and acts like everything is fine.
You mean Bakugo ignoring a sensitive topic that would be difficult for someone like him to bring up and apologize for or are you referring to Horikoshi as the author ignoring it? Because if it's the latter then he hasn't, not exactly. He's yet to address it in the story but he's talked about it before and did admit that he made a mistake with that and made Bakugo go too far.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
P

Have no clue what they'll be showing but just wanted to share that Bakugo gets an entire hour.

Z2iL10g.gif

Probably because he will barely appear in the first cour
You mean Bakugo ignoring a sensitive topic that would be difficult for someone like him to bring up and apologize for or are you referring to Horikoshi as the author ignoring it? Because if it's the latter then he hasn't, not exactly. He's yet to address it in the story but he's talked about it before and did admit that he made a mistake with that and made Bakugo go too far.
Bakugo. Also why would it be difficult for him to even think about apologizing? I understand the guy not apologizing, but he didnt even think about apologizing or about he did.
About Horikoshi, if he thinks it was mistake the way to solve it isnt just ignoring for hundred chapters

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I am talking about when he was fuming when deku said he had another power
You do realize that, of the three, Bakugo's the only one whose quirk only does one thing.

He wasn't throwing shade at Deku, he was pointing out that despite the limitation of his quirk compared to the other two he's been able to do anything he could think of with it, which has made him a strong fighter, but not a strong person.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You do realize that, of the three, Bakugo's the only one whose quirk only does one thing.

He wasn't throwing shade at Deku, he was pointing out that despite the limitation of his quirk compared to the other two he's been able to do anything he could think of with it, which has made him a strong fighter, but not a strong person.
I wasnt the one that said he was trowing shade at Deku, I am talking about the way he reacts to everything deku does, sometimes it is annoying and comes from nowhere

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
it has been over 100 chapters since Deku vs Bakugo, it isnt overnight
And that is completely ignoring he never apologized to deku for bullying him before and acts like everything is fine.

Grovel at Deku's feet, Bakugo. You are not worthy to kiss the ground he walks on because you were a major dick in middle school.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the other students/interns get some focus every now and then even if its kind of short compared to these three. Also, enjoyed the fact that Endeavor is not off the hook at all.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Talking about this
HVTBCsE.png

I dislike Bakugo's development after Deku vs Bakugo, it isnt hating the character, but how Horikoshi has been handling him, mainly that his angry issues stopping being an issue and just becoming a thing to laugh, and a bigger problem is that I don't think it is funny with a character with a history of bullying
What chapter is that from, because it's not this one. The closest I saw was him saying although he only he has one quirk, he could do anything he wanted to with it. Which isn't fuming at Deku and is probably referring more to the fact both Deku and Todoroki have different quirks while he only has the explosions

Bakugo is loud, his anger is different and is still an issue. It stems from his insecurity on not being as good as he thought he was, and this chapter shows he knows that is something he needs to work on.

I don't agree that Bakugo is a bully or that his anger issues is just for laughs. Was a bully sure, but he hasn't been that since Bakugo vs Deku round 2 if not sooner. If anything, Hori has been more subtle with Bakugo since their fight

Have no clue what they'll be showing but just wanted to share that Bakugo gets an entire hour.

Z2iL10g.gif

Not surprised, people need the Bakugo fix
You know... It's kinda similar to Deku and Bakugo in that they both have something the other lacks.
Yeah! Though I'm thinking one day both of them(and Todoroki) eclipse All Might and Endeavor in every aspect
I wasnt the one that said he was trowing shade at Deku
Saying Bakugo was fuming or being salty is the same thing tho so you kinda did

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.