• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yo what if
we stopped and asked ourselves why we were spoiler tagging speculation?

giphy.gif

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Yo what if
Sure why not. I didn't want to spoil the recent chapter is all, even if its something insignificant in the grander scheme of things.
Yep. I dunno how, but if All for One has a telepathic link to One for All, then just how important are the awakening of the Vestiges? I mean, I need to review what we know about the power:
-One for All builds up with each passing. It has to be assumed now that this is a literal stacking method with a spiritual imprint of the previous user being stored, aka the vestiges.
-OfA came from the passing of the Stored Power Quirk and the Transferral Quirk of Little Bro(nickname of mine for the AfO sibling) merging.
- Quirk Transferrence from AfO's quirk merges the latent ability with said quirk.

So let's get crazy now. What if the transferral was the biggest, most insane, way the fuck out there Checkov's Gun in the history of Checkov's Guns. Hear me out. Beyond the transferral of Stored Power, AfO also gave his brother a telepathic link quirk to keep his eye on him. This then mutated into OfA, as a sort of mutual bond between the torch bearers. However, despite being a stockpiled quirk inside the DNA of the Quirk, nobody really came to know that there is such a link within it. As the generations passed on, AfO's hold on it weakened, and he just straight up ignored it. So OfA keeps on stockpiling powers, but also absorbing latent quirks that might have existed in the quirkless users, or merged with their innate quirks, because in the transferral OfA also assimilated the quirk fusion of AfO's powers. This all comes down to Deku, who is having issues with the Quirk. Why you might ask? Shinsho. When he tried to brainwash Deku, he not only had issues doing so, but he might have also fucked with the mental block when it comes to the telepathy. This mental block furthermore means that OfA is going haywire right now because its trying to tap into and unlock the powers of each and every Torch Bearer at the same fucking time. In conclusion, the reason why AfO can hear his brother and is seemingly excited about it, is because he can finally do the one thing he wanted to from the start. Have complete and utter control of the Ultimate Quirk, and its user.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo what if
Thank you.

And the more I think about, the more I'm starting to agree with NSSEN. Bakugo working together with his teammates was shown in the Calvary battle. Not sure why class B somehow forgot that or are surprised that he is good at using other people's quirks to his advantage when on a team.

He also knows how to protect his teammates as shown in the midterms and in the licenses exam. I get 1-B not knowing this information (though I'd they know about Deku's new abilities, they should definitely know Bakugo's), but 1-A shouldn't be shocked at all here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
tumblr_ort2om3RzX1qi4iczo1_400.gif

Master of Puppets AfO? Oofy oof.
Why not? I don't buy that this ultimate centuries old mastermind villain suddenly decides that because he was hurt once in a battle that he will just pass on the torch and have a successor. This man is the ultimate egoistic self centered power holder, Tomura in th end is likely just another paw in his game of chess. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants Tomura to inherit OfA after its completely in his control. After all if Nana was his grandmother, who is to say he might not have some latent OfA compatibility because his parent's genetic makeup had some leftovers from Nana's existence as the Torch bearer.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why not? I don't buy that this ultimate centuries old mastermind villain suddenly decides that because he was hurt once in a battle that he will just pass on the torch and have a successor. This man is the ultimate egoistic self centered power holder, Tomura in th end is likely just another paw in his game of chess. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants Tomura to inherit OfA after its completely in his control. After all if Nana was his grandmother, who is to say he might not have some latent OfA compatibility because his parent's genetic makeup had some leftovers from Nana's existence as the Torch bearer.

Lol I didn't mean anything by it, it's just it's crazy imagining AfO having that fall in his lap. Like rip to everyone.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Indeed. Why else would we see him being able to hear his brother if there isn't something fishy going on?

I think he probably just left a link in there to torment his brother. I don't think he knew his brother had a transfer quirk either.

One thing for sure Deku is going to cause a lot of uncontrolled damage in the next fight. I have a feeling since he has to choose who can wield AfO it's going to hurt that loud mouth guy really really badly when he uses his Quirk on Deku. Like a failsafe against those type of attacks

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, hard for me to believe Bakugo is a good childhood friend to any degree. I've always wondered if Horikoshi had the chance, would he go back and change some of the early stuff between them, so it'd be less harsh bullying, and more something else? I mean, the suicide line is just terrible, and it's never brought up.
He absolutely would.
I'm pretty sure he even admits to going to far
It is weird they know Deku is using long range attacks. Makes you wonder how they know that...we got some stalkers in 1-B?
I was wondering the same thing since he only used it on gentle

But they do have a ghost girl, who I hope is a better Hagakure
This was me last chapter after everyone was falling over themselves praising how much Bakugo had changed. He's exactly the same and I wish he'd at least be shown struggling or suffering a major defeat every once in a while. He seems to have no impetus to change significantly because his behavior isn't chastised by any of the teachers and he has destroyed in pretty much every fight. I can already see Deku not having the same experience and his quirk acting up *sigh*
I really wasn't a fan of that chapter as well especially when people pointed out that he has worked with others but the difference is that he actually saves his opponents and B never saw that

But man I hate how effortless it was and I don't care that Bakugo is the strongest student but that chapter was just boring

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
So for $25 a year I get same day chapters and the entire catalog?

That's so fucking good. Jump showing American publishers how to do shit

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So for $25 a year I get same day chapters and the entire catalog?

That's so fucking good. Jump showing American publishers how to do shit
They legit just added insane value to the service while reducing the price. In this age of semi annual "X streaming platform is increasing its prices" headlines, I really don't get it lol.

This is a good way to combat scans in the available countries, or at least the longterm usage of scans since they still leak first. It's a shame licensing means they can't get this everywhere but it'd be nice if publishers in various countries could somehow do something similar.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd support this, though if I recall, SJ in Japan releases on Mondays, same as the EN releases, so anyone reading it on Fridays is still a filthy pirate.
Pfft I'm clean
califa.gif

(But yeah, until the date thing is sorted, a key advantage that scans have is still there. And it's one they can't do much about because they follow the physical release and the leaks come from the printing process in the first place I think. So until the physical version is out of the way, nothing can happen. But at least it's much easier to support the official release once it does come out.)

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited about the Tartarus stuff and the match potentially taking some crazy turn because of One for All acting up.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All Might calling Bakugo Deku's friend is gonna upset some people.
In context of the Bakugo vs Deku II ending it makes sense. Bakugou not attempting to leverage the info he had was something he was incredibly grateful for.

Two things stuck out to me this chapter - Bakugou's introverted hyper-competiveness (that he actually gets kind of embarassed being openly complimented is something I relate to) and Deku looking like he's being drawn slightly older in the big panel with his face. (It actually felt reminiscent of Mirio)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I think AFO time as the big bad is done, I prefer Tomura being developed to be the final boss

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm fully expecting Mineta to job horribly once Shinso mimics Uraraka or Mina's voices and baits him into saying something to him like a dumbass.

Though, I still see Class A winning this one to contrast with how Shinso helped win Fight 1. Please Horikoshi, let Mina do SOMETHING.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please Horikoshi, let Mina do SOMETHING.

That "We're at a disadvantage" bit is concerning, hope they'll find a unique way to cope.

Though I guess I prefer for Shinsou to win anyways. But damn, then that means Monoma wins. But Class A winning means Mineta wins. Ugh!

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
That "We're at a disadvantage" bit is concerning, hope they'll find a unique way to cope.

Though I guess I prefer for Shinsou to win anyways. But damn, then that means Monoma wins. But Class A winning means Mineta wins. Ugh!

I mean they are. Deku is the front line fighter but support from Mina is not going to be good in a fight because she can burn allies if she aint careful so she is suited for a one on one. Ball Boy is a support capture type and Ururaka is a support attacker that needs extremely close contact to show her skills ( unless they break off a pipe for her and goes to town with it)

I think they only know SHinso's quirk and Monama but with just that its going to be hard to coordinate because you could have two people with mind control quirk throwing things out there to get responses. And I'm not sure they know about Yui or Polterguiest girl so they are down in the information hole.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Worst thing about Mineta in this situation is that he's excellent at immobilizing people on the spot, but they have to move them back to the cage to actually score a point.
Mineta has to fight with restraint basically. It would be cool if he could do something like stick someones hands together to create a makeshift handcuff.

Oct 26, 2017
A Boku no Hero animatic?/comic w/ sound thing I made last month I wanted to share with you all

Regarding current chapter: Love Deku matching Bakugou's energy and (kinda) earning his respect. And holy shit, beat them in less than five minutes!

I personally prefer it end in another draw where Deku gets scolded for trying to take everything on himself as a decoy rather than utilizing his team efficiently

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mina stating that they are a disavantage means nothing more than that they are at a disavantage, they are 4 vs 5 against a guy that mess up woth their communication.
Bakugo does what he wants and gets an easy win and praise.
Deku lets the side down and gets scolded for doing the same thing. Fuck no.
Lol, i thought the same

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
In context of the Bakugo vs Deku II ending it makes sense. Bakugou not attempting to leverage the info he had was something he was incredibly grateful for.

Two things stuck out to me this chapter - Bakugou's introverted hyper-competiveness (that he actually gets kind of embarassed being openly complimented is something I relate to) and Deku looking like he's being drawn slightly older in the big panel with his face. (It actually felt reminiscent of Mirio)

I think I mentioned this but I felt like Deku's proportions were a little longer in the Gentle fight.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bakugo does what he wants and gets an easy win and praise.
Deku lets the side down and gets scolded for doing the same thing. Fuck no.
"What he wants" =/= "be a decoy". The comment wasn't at all saying deku should do what Bakugo did and get reprimanded. Just that he use his team in a way that's not "efficient". Which, regardless of how believable it is, is different from how Bakugo's team is said to have performed "efficiently".

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bakugou was "doing what he wants", yes. It was also a very good strategy that won them the fight. If it had failed, he would have taken all the heat. He stepped up and turned it into a hero or goat moment.

Everyone else was coming up with complicated plans, he went "I' can just blitz them and win, back me up" and his gamble was proven to be an actual good strategy and not just arrogance.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking swear

AfO knew All Might was coming right before they fought. I have to reread it but didn't he say "he's here" or something like that then All Might dropped out of the sky
We are talking about a guy that seemed to have daredevil level awareness probably by junctioning sensory quirks. He also stole Ragdoll's search quirk, so who knows if he somehow was able to apply it to All Might.

FallenChief

Oct 27, 2017
Great chapter!!! But can anyone explain how class B knows about Deku's combat ability??? They even put him on par with Bakugou but I don't think even class A has seen Deku fight recently.....

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Great chapter!!! But can anyone explain how class B knows about Deku's combat ability??? They even put him on par with Bakugou but I don't think even class A has seen Deku fight recently.....
Lol not really. Maybe word of the Overhaul fight spread around 1-A and maybe some 1-B students know about it too? It's kind of a stretch, and it still doesn't explain how they know he's using long range attacks. Did Vlad tell them? Does he know?

Yeah, the more I think about it they were some sloppy things in this chapter

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
People speculate that the ghost girl lurks around like Mirio did, so she may have spotted Deku practicing at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.