• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I read comments like these and tell myself it's a good thing for my patience that I try to read most posts in a monotone voice. Cause good god it would be so easy to naturally read this in a not at all flattering tone.

Anyway
1. Not every reader of MHA or his Twitter is American/Japanese or lives in either country.
2. Similarity with the system of another country does not remove notability from his statement. "This is how this works" is a viable principle behind a comment, even without "and how it's different from X" tagged onto it at the end.
3. Not gonna speak for others because I don't feel like assuming what is "common" knowledge for others regarding a country they've never been to or have no special relationship with, but I didn't know Japan had capital punishment. In 2018, capital punishment isn't in a place where you can safely assume it's in practice or not.
4. You use Twitter, as you're certainly not shy of reminding us periodically. Just ask him the question directly if you actually care for answers to them and understanding into his perspective.
-most twitter personalities dont ever respond, never saw him respond to anyone tweeting him.
-I dont know if you necessarily need to live in a country to have knowledge about a country. In this globalized world it is polite to know general knowledge about the people around you. And for a hot subject as capital punishment, it is rather notable that JPN is one of the major countries still with it including several other large countries like China and USA.

It is just unclear what he was trying to point out with this, as in his other posts he either mentions unique connections with name aspects or wordplay, or links/callbacks to previous things in the series, where here it feels outside of his modus operandi. Perhaps he was trying to make the implication that even in a future based superhero society, that capital punishment is still used as something for criminals?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
-most twitter personalities dont ever respond, never saw him respond to anyone tweeting him.
-I dont know if you necessarily need to live in a country to have knowledge about a country. In this globalized world it is polite to know general knowledge about the people around you. And for a hot subject as capital punishment, it is rather notable that JPN is one of the major countries still with it including several other large countries like China and USA.

It is just unclear what he was trying to point out with this, as in his other posts he either mentions unique connections with name aspects or wordplay, or links/callbacks to previous things in the series, where here it feels outside of his modus operandi. Perhaps he was trying to make the implication that even in a future based superhero society, that capital punishment is still used as something for criminals?
Oh I see him respond to stuff. He evens updates the trivia in response to stuff that's brought up to him sometimes.
And I don't disagree with the idea that you don't need to live somewhere to know stuff about it, I just think it's better not to expect/assume anything in particular.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's canon, everyone go home.

GOODS-00268002.jpg
GOODS-00268000.jpg

GOODS-00268001.jpg
GOODS-00268003.jpg
Real surprise is Mina merch exists.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
It's canon, everyone go home.

Real surprise is Mina merch exists.
Fun fact: the first (TodoMomo) can badge was the #1 pre-ordered item across all merchandise from the manufacturer's (chara-ani) website. For the month of November, at least.

Also: Rude comment about Mina! Sadly, I'd have to agree anyway.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Also for those wondering what the official translation is "That's a good friend you've got." - All Might

Thanks!

What a disappointing line, both when I read it the first time I went through the chapter and again now. :/
From All Might's perspective, it's fine...he has not seen the extent of Bakugou's behavior before UA and what their bond has been like over the years. But us readers have mostly.

I just have this fear that Bakugou's aggressive bullying and prior transgressions will be normalized, brushed under the rug, and that's not a good message to send in a story like this. I just want one or two chapters dedicated to both Bakugou and Midoriya having a conversation about these things, it bothers me that I most likely will never see a moment where Bakugou legitimately feels the need to apologize to Midoriya. I don't hate him, I just want him to be properly reprimanded in some way....or realize his actions can be wrong.

For example, already I see a lot of fans becoming really passionate about Endeavor ever since his mini arc and completely ignoring/forgetting all the stuff he's done in the past, I did like the mini arc though and how Endeavor acted in it. I just want these characters who are not black and white to be handled effectively I guess.

But well, the rest of the chapter was basically fawning over Bakugou so that didn't really help either. He did do good in the battle though except for his need to yell at everyone but that's his "thing", I liked Jiro's contributions too. Onwards to Deku then~

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Thanks!

What a disappointing line, both when I read it the first time I went through the chapter and again now. :/
From All Might's perspective, it's fine...he has not seen the extent of Bakugou's behavior before UA and what their bond has been like over the years. But us readers have mostly.

I just have this fear that Bakugou's aggressive bullying and prior transgressions will be normalized, brushed under the rug, and that's not a good message to send in a story like this. I just want one or two chapters dedicated to both Bakugou and Midoriya having a conversation about these things, it bothers me that I most likely will never see a moment where Bakugou legitimately feels the need to apologize to Midoriya. I don't hate him, I just want him to be properly reprimanded in some way....or realize his actions can be wrong.

For example, already I see a lot of fans becoming really passionate about Endeavor ever since his mini arc and completely ignoring/forgetting all the stuff he's done in the past, I did like the mini arc though and how Endeavor acted in it. I just want these characters who are not black and white to be handled effectively I guess.

But well, the rest of the chapter was basically fawning over Bakugou so that didn't really help either. He did do good in the battle though except for his need to yell at everyone but that's his "thing", I liked Jiro's contributions too. Onwards to Deku then~

But Endevour is handled like a Grey character. He is morally compromised but he has always been a hero. Katsuki Bakugo has issues but he has never wavered from trying to be a hero.

Your gonna have to seperate what you know from what other characters know because the bullying is something that between Bakugo and Deku and no one else. If they seem to have squashed it and moved on I'm not sure what else you want. Deku better understands Bakugo and Bakugo better understands Deku and both changed for the better for it so I'm not so sure what else you want. He could apologize but Deku and him have already moved to a different type of relationship that is healthier.

I mean Endevour is realized his fuck ups and also realizes that actions more than words matter to his family so him just apologizing aint gonna cut it.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand the endeavor complaint, it isnt as if Shoto has totally become all happy happy daddy daddy on him or even his family, there is still a tension there and I was sure shoto mention several times he doesnt know how long or if he can ever forgive him.

I dont know what more people want Endeavor to do, the only thing left for him is to stay on his current trajectory and let time do its work as his family sees him slowly improve. I cant imagine how much more effectively you want him handled as it seems Horikoshi is handling him well.

-

For Baks I think its kind of too late for apologizing and everything considering the best time for that to have happened would have been during their major fight and that period of time afterwards. WIth the way Mido is all smiling at him and everything, feels as if Mido is the one with the actually unrealistic handling of a prior experience of bullying.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers

转混成 久出事了好像,能力發動冒出黑色的東西
The leak means, it seems that something weird is happening to deku, black stuff is emitted when he uses his quirk.

Light leak but yay for guessing something would go wrong.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Spoilers

转混成 久出事了好像,能力發動冒出黑色的東西
The leak means, it seems that something weird is happening to deku, black stuff is emitted when he uses his quirk.

Light leak but yay for guessing something would go wrong.

More leaks have come out. Looks like shits going down on multiple fronts

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chapter Spoilers
Monoma taunts Deku about Bakugo ended all might.

Gran Torino calls all might, mentions Nana seeing a man covered in black in her dream who tells her it's not the time yet.

Black things emitted from deku's hand as he tries to use OFA and destroys his equipment.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Inb4
We get our standard shonen evil/berserk power up that the hero eventually gains control over and uses for good.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
what if that black stuff is the slime AFO uses to transport people and this is Deku getting a one way ticket to the prison break arc

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
Inb4
We get our standard shonen evil/berserk power up that the hero eventually gains control over and uses for good.
I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything, but...

From October in the anime thread:
Could also go the route of there being a darker side of OfA that consumes Deku (think Kyuubi Chakra or something similar) and Bakugo has to snap him out of it.

Doesn't exactly apply here because Bakugo isn't involved, but I'm gonna take it as a win if something like this happens lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It would be cool if AfO has somehow booby trapped OfA, maybe he got sick of seeing it passed down or maybe it's something he's always been able to manipulate. I want Deku's team to win now, Monoma can't talk trash and get away with it. A lot of us called Deku's quirk acting up, but the description makes it seem more Deus Ex machina like than I was expecting

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
That looks an awful lot like AFO's red lightning. Goddamn that cliffhanger.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
An image of the last page is out.

Oh shit, that looks cool and I'm excited. Also annoyed cause cliffhanger, lol.

More importantly, though, I think this is an interesting development with Deku and One For All. I'm glad it's not just him going up and up and that there's actually something hindering his progress now.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I guess my next question is why now? If it's completely willful on AfO's part, why wouldn't he have activated this sooner? And if it isn't something AfO is directly doing, what is so special about Deku that he's affected by it?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Gah I'm so excited to see what happens.

I guess my next question is why now? If it's completely willful on AfO's part, why wouldn't he have activated this sooner? And if it isn't something AfO is directly doing, what is so special about Deku that he's affected by it?

it may have just been time. Original OFA user said they reached the singularity or something like that

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Likely has to do with the last 2 vestiges and/or All for Ones mental link to his brother's vestige. With that Nana quote on how its not time yet, there is a good chance 2 of the last bearers were corrupted by AfO, and the mental block that Deku has surpassed is now seeping that jnfluence out into the power.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine this is where the Quick Singularity business will finally begin to play in.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
if this is AFO taking control of Deku then wouldn't the first thing he'd ask him to do is kill All Might, we might be getting the long foreshadowed death

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
if this is AFO taking control of Deku then wouldn't the first thing he'd ask him to do is kill All Might, we might be getting the long foreshadowed death
Damn, that would be one hell of a dark turn. I always speculated that Handsy would confront him and All Might would be too conflicted to try to defend himself.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I already need next week's chapter lmao. 😭

He did say we would see Dekus father relatively soon lol. All for Dad here we come?

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda fishing for someone to suggest this with my "why Deku and why now?" post above.

I'm always waiting to be laughed out of the room when I suggest it. lol
I mean the black lighting that's shooting off Deku looks exactly like AFO's.
Either that or AFO pulled off some black magic wizardry from an ocean away.

Or maybe AFO was actually considered the first user of the stockpile side of OFA. And his vestige has simply been hiding in the background waiting for the moment when OFA hit its singularity to strike.

Anyhow this is the type of cliffhanger I love

Last edited:

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
I mean the black lighting that's shooting off Deku looks exactly like AFO's.
Either that or AFO pulled off some black magic wizardry from an ocean away.

Or maybe AFO was actually considered the first user of the stockpile side of OFA. And his vestige has simply been hiding in the background waiting for the moment when OFA hit its singularity to strike.

Anyhow this is the type of cliffhanger I love

This is actually very similar to what I was thinking, and a very good thought.

My idea was that because One For All came from All For One, there was some part of it that was mutating with One For All at this point of singularity. In other words, it could be possible that Deku is getting access to something similar to All For One.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
got the translation on the rest of class B's quirks

Poltergeist: Allows the user to control people in a set range like puppets

Twin Impact (not pictured but its the fat boy quirk): Can make attacks repeat at a stronger level

Size: Can make things big and small

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
This is like ascribing a higher meaning to nakama. Osananajimi literally just means childhood friend, which as far as All Might is aware is the relationship that Deku and Bakugo have. It doesn't necessarily imply closeness like shinyuu does for example.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
So I was browsing comments on Reddit theorizing on the next chapter, and

Would it not be possible that the original holder of the Stockpiling quick could also be a vestige of One for All? Especially if we're theorizing that All For One could be a vestige himself.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

Would it not be possible that the original holder of the Stockpiling quick could also be a vestige of One for All? Especially if we're theorizing that All For One could be a vestige himself.
It's possible

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

Going back to the bucket theory, it could happen if AfO is literally transferring quirks and not doing a copy/delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.