• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
(Left to right)
imgonline-com-ua-twoti5k84.jpg

This could get some usage

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The new villain reminds me of Phantom Trick and Igor mixed together.

Also was that Glob Herman Deku?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One chapter in and the Liberation Army is already more interesting than pretty much all of Black Clover's villains combined lol. I really like the angle that Horikoshi is going with them so far.

So yeah, that was a solid opening for this new arc. Destro being at odds with Shiggy and co. is a neat set-up, and I like that Bakugo and Todoroki are getting some screentime right off the bat.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The set up seems pretty good and I am excited about the sgoto and todoroki fight but I hope it is just Todoroki and Bakugo. Ee already had the babysitting arc focusing on both so I hope once this fight ends more students get to participate specially Deku. We need to see the consequences of deku having more than one quirk in a villain arc.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So the CEO is a descendant of Destro right they did mention he had kids plus the CEO has the same discoloration as Destro and it seems natural

I do wonder what their problem with the league of villains is

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i thought it just meant people who grew up believing in his ideology

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The toonami thread when black clover comes on.

The toonami thread when Hunter x Hunter is about to come on.

imgonline-com-ua-twot1zjtx.jpg

The toonami thread when they see what actually happens in Hunter x Hunter.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hope there's more from the League's perspective in this arc since these new guys are trying to eliminate them. If I'mr remembering correctly, Destro was the guy All for One mentioned?

Dec 28, 2018
giphy.gif

Just as I think I'm off this wild ride Horikoshi drags me back in. Long story short someone I follow on twitter was talking about the chapter and I ended up reading a few of the pages and then curiosity got the better of me and here I am now. Surprised that Bakugo and Todoroki Provincial license exam was skipped but I'm alright with that, the anime can always expand on it if it ever reaches that point. Cool to see the group that Gentle mentioned all the way back in chapter 171 is going to play a large role in this arc. Won't lie I wasn't expecting them to play any kind of role in the story so this is a welcome surprise. New villain has potential based off of his introduction and I'm liking his design as well. But in more shocking news Horikoshi finally added another damn female villain and I am so thankfully for that. Not that I'm going to set my expectations super high for her but I for one am just glad that Toga isn't going to be the only prominent female villain in this series. Can't say much about the other members overall but I am curious about the hooded figure. They were the only one not to salute when the main guy came in and I wonder if that means anything. Could be something or could be nothing to early to tell right now. My hope for this group overall though is that they don't go the way of Overhaul and his marry little gang in that they get destroyed in the very arc they are introduced in. I personally would like other villain groups to be involved in the story for a while other than just the LOV for some diversity as I still am not the biggest fan of them. Would be cool if the arc focused mainly on Destro's son group vs the LOV with no outside interference from any of the students of Class 1-A. Though I know it's only a matter of time until Deku conveniently bumps into the main villain. End of the chapter was pretty hype gonna be cool to see Todoroki and Bakugo kiss some ass. Man I haven't felt this excited for an arc in MHA in a long ass while and I hope that all goes well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Deku only really bumps with the main villain 2 times, Stain it was Iida, and Shigaraki was the one that aproached him in the Mall.
And Deku discovering Gentle's disguise was really great so I give it a pass even if it was just after the arc wher he bumped with Overhaul

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Deku has no part in this arc. He's not currently part of any work-studies and has no particular connection to any of the main players (so far).
My prediction would be that Todoroki and Bakugo have a bit more to do (obviously), but most of teh arc is played out between the LoV, the liberation army and Hawks.
Endeavor or other pro heroes could also turn up.

Dec 28, 2018
Deku only really bumps with the main villain 2 times, Stain it was Iida, and Shigaraki was the one that aproached him in the Mall.
And Deku discovering Gentle's disguise was really great so I give it a pass even if it was just after the arc wher he bumped with Overhaul
Still happens just enough to annoy me but it's not that big a deal at the end of the day. Would be funny if one of his other quirks ends up being one that he can somehow locate bad people.
I wouldn't be surprised if Deku has no part in this arc. He's not currently part of any work-studies and has no particular connection to any of the main players (so far).
My prediction would be that Todoroki and Bakugo have a bit more to do (obviously), but most of teh arc is played out between the LoV, the liberation army and Hawks.
Would be cool if your prediction turned out to be right. The Pro Hero arc makes me a bit hopeful that it could end up happening.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No way deku isn't in if this arc is big

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't want Deku around but if he's in the background then its fine.

Dec 28, 2018
Cause Deku is a square. Wouldn't be opposed if Bakugo and Todoroki were the main heroes of the arc. Though I'd much prefer the side cast getting some major focus and being in the main character role but that's highly unlikely. Would be most interesting if the LOV were the main characters of this arc that could be cool.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that I don't want Deku, it's just nice to see other people deal with villains. Bakugo hasn't fought any villains and Todoroki hasn't really since Stain and a little against League.

You don't gotta explain it to me, I get it. Just funny to see it said so straightforwardly is all

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't want Deku around but if he's in the background then its fine.
If it is for a small arc it is ok but not longer than that, we need deku at focus from time to time to develop the main plot
Also I like how deku interacts with other more than Bakugo and Todoroki so it would be really lame an 20+ chapter of having to having to deal with Bakugo being passive agressive toward others and Todoroki being well Todoroki
Tfw people don't want the main protagonist in a villain arc
If it is a small arc ok, but is a long arc it definitely needs deku and maybe other students like tokoyami
Cause Deku is a square
Why?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Can we not have this discussion lol.

On another note, people have noted that the Liberation Army philosophy would be very appealing to Toga. All she wants to do is "live free".

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really serious with my comment I was just goofing around. I don't really care one way or another if Deku is in or not my preference would be other characters getting the chance to shine.
Sorry then. I agree that other characters need to shine but Bakugo and Todoroki wouldn't be my picks.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

Just as I think I'm off this wild ride Horikoshi drags me back in. Long story short someone I follow on twitter was talking about the chapter and I ended up reading a few of the pages and then curiosity got the better of me and here I am now. Surprised that Bakugo and Todoroki Provincial license exam was skipped but I'm alright with that, the anime can always expand on it if it ever reaches that point. Cool to see the group that Gentle mentioned all the way back in chapter 171 is going to play a large role in this arc. Won't lie I wasn't expecting them to play any kind of role in the story so this is a welcome surprise. New villain has potential based off of his introduction and I'm liking his design as well. But in more shocking news Horikoshi finally added another damn female villain and I am so thankfully for that. Not that I'm going to set my expectations super high for her but I for one am just glad that Toga isn't going to be the only prominent female villain in this series. Can't say much about the other members overall but I am curious about the hooded figure. They were the only one not to salute when the main guy came in and I wonder if that means anything. Could be something or could be nothing to early to tell right now. My hope for this group overall though is that they don't go the way of Overhaul and his marry little gang in that they get destroyed in the very arc they are introduced in. I personally would like other villain groups to be involved in the story for a while other than just the LOV for some diversity as I still am not the biggest fan of them. Would be cool if the arc focused mainly on Destro's son group vs the LOV with no outside interference from any of the students of Class 1-A. Though I know it's only a matter of time until Deku conveniently bumps into the main villain. End of the chapter was pretty hype gonna be cool to see Todoroki and Bakugo kiss some ass. Man I haven't felt this excited for an arc in MHA in a long ass while and I hope that all goes well.
Welcome back.
Tfw people don't want the main protagonist in a villain arc
AnotherOldBittern-size_restricted.gif

Dec 28, 2018
Sorry then. I agree that other characters need to shine but Bakugo and Todoroki wouldn't be my picks.
No need to apologize it's all good. Wasn't really referring to Bakugo or Todoroki more so the side characters from Class 1-A. And even though I don't have the highest opinion of them the LOV could be interesting as the main characters and seeing things from their point of view.
Thanks and it's good to be back. I'm definitely in a better state of mind than the last time I posted here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Some 4 or 5 chapter to give us an update about the LoV would be cool, it would also be an opportunity to see more hawks

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Can we not have this discussion lol.

On another note, people have noted that the Liberation Army philosophy would be very appealing to Toga. All she wants to do is "live free".
That was something I was thinking about, they match her ideology pretty well, would be interesting if she were to switch sides

And ask for Deku he pretty much has to be in this arc because there is alot that needs to be done with him

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
That was something I was thinking about, they match her ideology pretty well, would be interesting if she were to switch sides

And ask for Deku he pretty much has to be in this arc because there is alot that needs to be done with him
The fact remains, however, that Deku would either have to meet the villains at random again or have the villains come to him.
Without the internships, there's no way for Deku to become an active part of the story.
I don't think there's much urgency right now either. Who knows, the Liberation Army could be multi-arc villains, so that Deku could confront them sometime down the line.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Thanks and it's good to be back. I'm definitely in a better state of mind than the last time I posted here.
Sweet! Sometimes you just need a break, I get it. I think we're in for a good arc so you came back at the perfect time
I don't hate Deku, I just other people more.
This is how I feel. I like Deku a lot than most I'd bet, but there's still characters I vastly prefer. That's not a slight against Deku, he's just too plain for his own good sometimes

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The fact remains, however, that Deku would either have to meet the villains at random again or have the villains come to him.
Without the internships, there's no way for Deku to become an active part of the story.
I don't think there's much urgency right now either. Who knows, the Liberation Army could be multi-arc villains, so that Deku could confront them sometime down the line.
Well I do think the internship are going to come back or how else are you going to have a bunch students caught up in the middle of this, but there are other ways to get Deku involved like didn't Horikoshi say we would be meeting Deku's dad soon so maybe the company he works for is the one we saw this chapter or Horikoshi could just use Toga since she already has interest in Deku

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Well I do think the internship are going to come back or how else are you going to have a bunch students caught up in the middle of this, but there are other ways to get Deku involved like didn't Horikoshi say we would be meeting Deku's dad soon so maybe the company he works for is the one we saw this chapter or Horikoshi could just use Toga since she already has interest in Deku
I suppose so.
But you know what would be super funny?
Hatsume Mei is doing a support course internship at the company and turns into the main character

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If this is a Lex Luthor/Norman Osborn sort of villain then I'm all the way in. First arc I've been interested in for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.