• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not saying that Horikoshi should redeem Toga, I'm just saying that she and Spinner seem like the most likely candidates to be 'redeemed'

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Mass murderer sure, but there's also Harley Quinn or Killer Frost. I don't think it's always warranted, but villains get redeemed all the time

Killer Frost, her whole thing is a tragedy from the beginning. I mean her origin story was ripe for her to be redeemed and also because the way her powers worked she was good for a long time before boughts of her preying on people because she is a heat vampire that gets uncontrollable urges when those aren't met. Its one of the reasons she targeted both Superman and FireStorm because only the two of them could give her enough to satify her urges without her killing alot of people. When the heroes finally found out how her shit worked they started to fix it.

Harley is a terrible person who is also incredibly sympathetic so most of the people who turned her into a more nuetral force were people who knew her whole story. Also Poison Ivy is another Independant agent who likes Harley so she got powerful people trying to make sure she doesn't relapse. Its the main reason she was at the superhero rehab shack in the comics.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
i'm not saying that Horikoshi should redeem Toga, I'm just saying that she and Spinner seem like the most likely candidates to be 'redeemed'
He's the most likely to leave the League of Villains first but his goal is still to kill fake heroes and destroy the current status quo so I don't think he's closer to redemption then anyone else on his team

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Spinner is the most likely member to actually make it out this whole mess and actually lead an actual life after this. I'm not sure any of the rest of them have any hope once this falls apart. Dabi literally is Serial killer and also has killed cops. Toga has alot of people in her body count. Shigiraki needs jail bad. Compress just likes it to much to be redeemed. Doctor needs to die and so does All for one.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Killer Frost, her whole thing is a tragedy from the beginning. I mean her origin story was ripe for her to be redeemed and also because the way her powers worked she was good for a long time before boughts of her preying on people because she is a heat vampire that gets uncontrollable urges when those aren't met. Its one of the reasons she targeted both Superman and FireStorm because only the two of them could give her enough to satify her urges without her killing alot of people. When the heroes finally found out how her shit worked they started to fix it.

Harley is a terrible person who is also incredibly sympathetic so most of the people who turned her into a more nuetral force were people who knew her whole story. Also Poison Ivy is another Independant agent who likes Harley so she got powerful people trying to make sure she doesn't relapse. Its the main reason she was at the superhero rehab shack in the comics.
There are villains in the league who have similar circumstances. We also know little about them so it's not like their situations are completely clear to us. All I'm saying is it's not out of the realm of possibility. It'll all depend on the execution anyway

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I remember there was a comic were Harley murdered children, it's most likely has already been retcon but what I'm trying to say is I don't think DC really cares about what their Villains have done, if they want to make them into a likable anti heroes they do it

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
There are villains in the league who have similar circumstances. We also know little about them so it's not like their situations are completely clear to us. All I'm saying is it's not out of the realm of possibility. It'll all depend on the execution anyway

They still got to do time. Harley even had to do time in a government black ops squad before she got a lick of any of redemption by the greater DC universe. And That was mostly because Amanda Waller is a piece of shit to the team and all the heroes know their working conditions are terrible.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I remember there was a comic were Harley murdered children, it's most likely has already been retcon but what I'm trying to say is I don't think DC really cares about what their Villains have done, if they want to make them into a likable anti heroes they do it

Oh yeah they quickly pushed that comic to the side because it was a one-shot ( Ibrought it because It was in bulk with alot of other one Shots) and it also didn't match up with how they were trying to build her character for the last 5 years.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
They still got to do time. Harley even had to do time in a government black ops squad before she got a lick of any of redemption by the greater DC universe. And That was mostly because Amanda Waller is a piece of shit to the team and all the heroes know their working conditions are terrible.
Shonen logic is different bro. They might do time, might not. Plus in all fairness if they're killers they should be doing life or worse but we all know that's not going to happen. If Frieza can fight for his life back, anything is possible

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Shonen logic is different bro. They might do time, might not. Plus in all fairness if they're killers they should be doing life or worse but we all know that's not going to happen. If Frieza can fight for his life back, anything is possible

Only bad Shonen Logic.If we ran on Hunter x Hunter Logic they would still be criminals hunted down by the main cast even if we liked them. I love the Phantom Troupe but I also am Up for seeing Mob Boss Kurapika murder them all for what they did. Karma is a bitch and she is gonna get paid in full one way or another.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I have only one rule for redemptions, if the bad guy has killed a named character on the good guys side that's friends with the main cast then he/she shouldn't be redeemed

So far no one in the league has done this

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Have we seen Toga actually kill anybody? She says some creepy stuff, and we've seen stabbing victims, but like... does she have an actual confirmed bodycount? If not, that's the easy out for a redemption arc.

If she does, it gets a lot harder. He'd have to develop her character a lot into somebody pretty different to really sell it.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Have we seen Toga actually kill anybody? She says some creepy stuff, and we've seen stabbing victims, but like... does she have an actual confirmed bodycount? If not, that's the easy out for a redemption arc.

If she does, it gets a lot harder. He'd have to develop her character a lot into somebody pretty different to really sell it.
The police said she's a suspect for multiple murders that involved blood loss and there was a dead guy in her introduction, this all could be justified if Horikoshi puts the blame on the quirk

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Only bad Shonen Logic.If we ran on Hunter x Hunter Logic they would still be criminals hunted down by the main cast even if we liked them. I love the Phantom Troupe but I also am Up for seeing Mob Boss Kurapika murder them all for what they did. Karma is a bitch and she is gonna get paid in full one way or another.
I'm not even sure she's a serial killer tbh. It's still entirely possible for he to be redeemed and not feel like a cop out. Redemption also doesn't exclude punishment

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Besides the suspected We've seen one of her victims when they were doing the montage of the future leave of villains members after stain got captured

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone's going to be "redeemed", at least not for now. We might get some more sympathetic angles, but it's going to further their overall villany.

I like them pushing more towards fleshing out the League's overall goal. Even Spinner mentioned that Stain's a bit of a distant memory and they don't have clear direction. I hope this arc centers the league of vilians a little better so we can begin to see where Hori's going with them.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I don't think it'll be something that'll happen anytime soon and it shouldn't be more than one, maybe two members, but I do believe someone will get redeemed at some point. I think Toga is a better bet than most of the current members.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Shigaraki smiling the entire time against Gigantomachia just like how All Might does so against impossible odds... Damn.

"Re-Destro" sounds dumb.

Glad Giran is alive, and I'm impressed to learn that he apparently didn't even so much as shout.

Dec 28, 2018
Gotta say that I gained a lot of respect for Giran this chapter, he may be a scumbag but he's one hell of a loyal guy. And glad to see the fight with Giga wasn't skipped over entirely. And ya know I wonder if Giga will follow the LOV to Deika city since he seems to be able to find Shigaraki anywhere he goes. I'm probably over thinking it but I get the impression that Toga could be bi? Though I doubt she means love in the romantic way but I guess we'll see. Got a better look at the other top members of the Liberation army and they all look cool. Not sure how to feel about the ceo being called Re-Destro I don't dislike it but it's kinda meh as well, it'll probably grow on me as the arc goes on. And Hori didn't show off the face of the hooded person, so they'll probably be the wild card of the arc.

And I hate to be a negative nancy but I get the feeling that the Liberation army will end up getting done dirty. Just with how focused this arc is on the LOV trying to prove themselves it seems to me like the Liberation army's purpose in the story will to just be a stepping stone for them and nothing more. Mostly thinking this way because of how Overhaul's group went and I'm worried it'll be the same case here. And unlike Overhaul's group I'm much more interested in the Liberation Army and as such it would suck even more if there just a one and done deal.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Shigaraki looking good for some who probably gets 3 hours max of sleep for at least a couple of weeks

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably over thinking it but I get the impression that Toga could be bi? Though I doubt she means love in the romantic way but I guess we'll see. .
In one of the volumes horikoshi pretty much implied that she was Bi or Pan

He basically said that she wants to become the person she's in love with and that it doesn't matter if that person is a boy or a girl

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
The reason I didn't like the multiple crushes thing because it confirmeds there's little meaning to each of her obsessions, she doesn't care about Izuku's or Stains ideals, I
I feel like you had her backwards before. We saw the moment she became obsessed with Izuku and it had nothing to do with his ideals. She saw him bloody and bruised and exerting himself. Pretty sure she fell for Uraraka at about the same time. Or at least got part of the way there and then the way Izuku talked about her at the exam got her the rest of the way.

She falls for certain qualities in people, then she wants to know about those people, then she wants to become those people.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like you had her backwards before. We saw the moment she became obsessed with Izuku and it had nothing to do with his ideals. She saw him bloody and bruised and exerting himself. Pretty sure she fell for Uraraka at about the same time. Or at least got part of the way there and then the way Izuku talked about her at the exam got her the rest of the way.

She falls for certain qualities in people, then she wants to know about those people, then she wants to become those people.
Yeah I understand that, it's just before this chapter I thought she had a specific type, because if it's that easy for her to fall in love I'm surprised she hasn't fallen for anyone in the league yet

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I understand that, it's just before this chapter I thought she had a specific type, because if it's that easy for her to fall in love I'm surprised she hasn't fallen for anyone in the league yet
I mean, Uraraka certainly falls into the same type as Izuku, at least, I'd argue. Toga was introduced her by having her face slammed into the ground and her body pinned. She got free and managed to wound Uraraka, but she was still good to go. Add in the exam and I see how they fit the same mold.

Shigaraki's getting there himself, but she's known him before he was anything like that.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018
Wasn't even really thinking about it when I first read through it but Dabi was nowhere to be seen this chapter. Wonder if he's still looking for other recruits or hanging out with Hawks. Speaking of Hawks I wonder what kind of a role he'll play in this arc.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't even really thinking about it when I first read through it but Dabi was nowhere to be seen this chapter. Wonder if he's still looking for other recruits or hanging out with Hawks. Speaking of Hawks I wonder what kind of a role he'll play in this arc.
Dabi straight up told Big Shiggy he's not helping them fight Gigantomachia and he's pretty much doing his own thing to help the league

So even if Dabi is free he's not going to be there for the beatdown

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Better names than ReDestro

I almost just want to call him Destro lol

----

Aside from Toga's sick burn this chapter, I'm finally getting a little tired of her yandere shtick. I dunno about redemption, but hope she gets fleshed out in the near future. Also we really need more female villains, hope Ms. Shueisha measures up

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

----

Aside from Toga's sick burn this chapter, I'm finally getting a little tired of her yandere shtick. I dunno about redemption, but hope she gets fleshed out in the near future. Also we really need more female villains, hope Ms. Shueisha measures up
She can join other strong female villains like Toga, midnight, Eri, lizard girl that NSEEN likes to ***** and mount lady

Dec 28, 2018
lol, maybe he's gotten better at recruiting people and now only gives them third-degree burns instead of torching them fully.

----

Toga needs her backstory told like yesterday. And while I'm happy we finally have another female villain I ain't getting my hopes up for her. Hori doesn't have to the best track record record when it comes to the female cast.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Yeah, I've been waiting for Hawks to show up. Now that Destro has issued his challenge to the LOV it shouldn't be long now I hope

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, I've been waiting for Hawks to show up. Now that Destro has issued his challenge to the LOV it shouldn't be long now I hope
Would be a shame if he doesn't end up getting involved. Hope he does it would be interesting to see him fight along side the LOV. Though how he would do that without raising suspicion is another question.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, excited to see if the top dogs will fight or if Destro jr (not using his true villain name) will just send sime mooks
She can join other strong female villains like Toga, midnight, Eri, lizard girl that NSEEN likes to ***** and mount lady
Nobody respects lizard lovers anymore

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Would be a shame if he doesn't end up getting involved. Hope he does it would be interesting to see him fight along side the LOV. Though how he would do that without raising suspicion is another question.
I'm thinking Destro wants to keep the heroes out of this affair if possible, so Hawks might be able to fight if the battles take place underground or at night. Maybe he'll also change his costume up too?

Dec 28, 2018
I'm thinking Destro wants to keep the heroes out of this affair if possible, so Hawks might be able to fight if the battles take place underground or at night. Maybe he'll also change his costume up too?
Re-Destro seems to want them to come to a city but that doesn't rule out them fighting underground, maybe he has some kind of underground base? Yeah I think changing his costume would be the best course of action. Cause even if they fought at night somebody would be able to recognize him if he was in the same outfit, unless the city their fighting in is abandoned for whatever reason. And if he does change up his costume he'd probably have to change up his fighting style as well, I'd imagine Hawks is a popular dude and if people saw a guy fighting exactly like him they'd get suspicious.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Re-Destro seems to want them to come to a city but that doesn't rule out them fighting underground, maybe he has some kind of underground base? Yeah I think changing his costume would be the best course of action. Cause even if they fought at night somebody would be able to recognize him if he was in the same outfit, unless the city their fighting in is abandoned for whatever reason. And if he does change up his costume he'd probably have to change up his fighting style as well, I'd imagine Hawks is a popular dude and if people saw a guy fighting exactly like him they'd get suspicious.
Agreed

Dec 28, 2018
Lizard girl could've been cool but she ended up being a bland female version of Buggy. Also doesn't help that she get whooped super quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.