• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I honestly forgot Hot Topic existed. I will need to look on there first. And yeah it wasn't from a namebrand store. It was just some shirts i saw on Amazon, but they didn't last long at all.
Hot topic sucks for regular clothes but for anime/game/music stuff? Hell yea. Usually snag a deal too. Shirt for 20 than a second one for 10
Got a sweet dbz/kingdom hearts varsity jacket from them. They had a Mha one too it was deku themed tho 😤

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hot topic sucks for regular clothes but for anime/game/music stuff? Hell yea. Usually snag a deal too. Shirt for 20 than a second one for 10
Got a sweet dbz/kingdom hearts varsity jacket from them. They had a Mha one too it was deku themed tho 😤
Yeah I was looking for a few graphic Ts, but I am REALLY tempted to get an All Might hoodie lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, we are really close to the new season so I expect a lot of faker spoilers

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Man, what? Three pages while I was asleep? Sheesh. Just remember: Deidara was the coolest member of the Akatsuki.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
New world sanji trash so my statement stands 🚶🏾‍♂️
qoRzscr.jpg

Just got home from watching One Piece: Stampede.

Sanji barely got any action scenes... But damn, the movie was awesome. Got choked up at two scenes, even.
That's a weird way to spell Pain ;)

Yeah man, we've been moving at light speed lately
That is a weird way to spell Pein. I know you've had it for a while now but dope new avatar, by the way. PhantomKnight too!

Okay, just kidding about the Pain spelling. The romaji spells it as Pein. Official English translation is obviously "Pain."
You choose the suicidal Ino clone? Smfh.

I thought I knew you better Bunkitz. I am disappoint.
Ino clone?? Please. Ino is at least 10x better than Deidara.

Now just cause I feel like it, here are my favorite (not the "best," just my personal preference) Akatsuki members:
  1. Deidara
  2. Itachi
  3. Konan
  4. Kisame
  5. Pain
Deidara and Itachi are actually about the same for me. Wait. Speaking of Akatsuki... How did Nagato get the Rinnegan? I forgot. Hmm.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
that's a weird way to spell Kakuzu the actual best member of Akatsuki

most of the Akatsuki are trash though

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Kisame was the best character of the Akatsuki.
Weird way of saying Sasori

bunkitz Tace , you guys keeping up with Absolute Carnage?

qoRzscr.jpg

Just got home from watching One Piece: Stampede.

Sanji barely got any action scenes... But damn, the movie was awesome. Got choked up at two scenes, even.

That is a weird way to spell Pein. I know you've had it for a while now but dope new avatar, by the way. PhantomKnight too!

Okay, just kidding about the Pain spelling. The romaji spells it as Pein. Official English translation is obviously "Pain."

Ino clone?? Please. Ino is at least 10x better than Deidara.

Now just cause I feel like it, here are my favorite (not the "best," just my personal preference) Akatsuki members:
  1. Deidara
  2. Itachi
  3. Konan
  4. Kisame
  5. Pain
Deidara and Itachi are actually about the same for me. Wait. Speaking of Akatsuki... How did Nagato get the Rinnegan? I forgot. Hmm.

You forgot to put Sasori and Kakuzu

Also, Madara put the Rinnegan in him

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
@bunkitz @Tace , you guys keeping up with Absolute Carnage?
I want to... but, well, I'm already behind and it's expensive keeping up with the House/Powers of X stuff and ASM, plus a few others. Though the next issue of ASM is an Absolute Carnage tie-in so I'm not sure if I should get that one or not. Also, another reason I've decided to not follow Absolute Carnage for now is that I haven't read Venom yet. From my understanding, lots of the new stuff that series has added will factor into this. Or at least the Knull stuff.
Also, Madara put the Rinnegan in him
Ahh. Right...

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So the new MHA movie focuses on Bakugo, Midoriya, and Todoroki.

Like, you have the opportunity to tell new side stories, and the writers still choose to ignore all the other characters in 1A and focus on the ones that already get way too much screentime.

Ugh.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Like, you have the opportunity to tell new side stories, and the writers still choose to ignore all the other characters in 1A and focus on the ones that already get way too much screentime.

Ugh.
Not too surprising as it's the way these things usually go with franchise movies like that. Ultimately they exist to push the brand and right now those three are the core of the brand. Though I do understand wanting the others to get more screentime. But in this case I want that more out of the manga itself.

Anecdotally, I got into Sound! Euphonium earlier this year and have so much respect for KyoAni and Naoko Yamada for dedicating a whole theatrical release to two side characters in that franchise, and making a damn great anime movie in the process.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, forgot to post about this here but I recently bought a copy of volume 8 in Japanese! The bookstore near my workplace now apparently sells Japanese books including manga. This is really awesome because that also includes books for studying Japanese, such as Genki and the Minna no Nihonggo series. I've got the first books of the latter so it's cool that I can get the others now once I'm done with this one. Anyway, neat thing I learned about Japanese manga volumes: They're really small! Adorably so. MHA's also actually has a jacket and isn't just the book. You know, a jacket like you'd find in a hardcover book. This is the back of the book:

EEV_3QlU8AAZBWz.jpg:small

It's got this cool metallic finish to it that I just really love.

It's fun to compare them side by side cause VIZ' version just looks huge next to it.

EEV_2AMVAAAI_cq.jpg:small

Also, I've only now realized how ugly the English logo is. I don't like it.

Ugh.
I'm not sure if it'll actually focus on Todoroki as well because the previous promotions and info indicated that it was going to focus on Bakugo and Deku being All Might's heirs. Hence the poster and trailer. While I do want to see the other students shine more, given that this is a movie and so would tackle bigger stories and the like, I'm perfectly fine with it focusing on its two main protagonists.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Thanks bro. I was gonna go Pein but I figured it was best to go with the official spelling lol

Though now that I think about it I might like Kisame better. Arguably the most consistent villain in that manga
bunkitz Tace , you guys keeping up with Absolute Carnage?
Kinda, I have a friend who keeps me in the loop but I don't actively read it. I'd have to go back and catch up on the Venom comic. I heard that was good, but I just don't have it in me right now

Heard about what happened to Miles though. Rite of passage

Tace
Is the Season 4 OT gonna be "Mirio will make you believe in Jesus"?
I can neither confirm nor deny, though curse you and your good memory lol

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Ugh.
Those 3 are the most popular characters, those movies are primarily to make money
Anecdotally, I got into Sound! Euphonium earlier this year and have so much respect for KyoAni and Naoko Yamada for dedicating a whole theatrical release to two side characters in that franchise, and making a damn great anime movie in the process.
I think the problem is that with those non canon/semi canon movies people end up only going to watch because of the characters, so the movies end up focusing on the more popular characters to sell.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
What if you think about her doesnt really matter to me, but don't go saying things like that just so you can dunk on the character

Fair enough. This is just someone we'll have to disagree on

And I guess I am being too hard in Uraraka when I actually have a big problem with how all the women in this series are treated.

Setsuna was the culmination of all my problems.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You must really want to dislike uraraka if you see that as a hug
What if you think about her doesnt really matter to me, but don't go saying things that are false just so you can dunk on the character

I mean, it does look close enough to a hug and that's how it looked to me the first time, not that I had or have a problem with that moment. I just checked again and it seems more like she's grabbing his shoulders but calling it a hug is hardly a big enough deal to warrant this reaction.

Yes, I generally am not a fan of bad shonen female leads whose sole purpose is to be a love interest
cough read black clover cough read kimetsu no yaiba cough read jujutsu kaisen cough

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tsuyu, Kendo, Jiro, Kinoko, Ibara have mostly positive showings the series (and imo Ochako too but I doubt people here will agree with me including her), so I disagree with the all the women
I mean, it does look close enough to a hug and that's how it looked to me the first time, not that I had or have a problem with that moment. I just checked again and it seems more like she's grabbing his shoulders but calling it a hug is hardly a big enough deal to warrant this reaction.
Just by reading the chapter or just knowing the context you know it isnt a hug, so I don't see how I am overreacting saying it is false to claim it is a hug. Also the poster themself acknowledged that they dislike Ochako

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can neither confirm nor deny, though curse you and your good memory lol
I actually didn't remember it lol. I was searching for an old discussion and came across the "you will believe in Jesus" thing again haha

Just by reading the chapter or just knowing the context you know it isnt a hug, so I don't see how I am overreacting saying it is false to claim it is a hug. Also the poster themself acknowledged that they dislike Ochako
Nah calling it false isn't an overreaction, it's the "you must really want to dislike her if you see it that way" that came off as weird and too much. Like, I saw it that way and I like Ochaco. You brought up the moment and it didn't do anything for him, that's really all there was to it. Even if he dislikes Ochaco, calling that shoulder grab a hug is hardly that much of a "dunk" on her character.
(And lord knows people aren't really desperate for examples of things they dislike or are disappointed about with Ochaco's treatment anyway)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't remember it lol. I was searching for an old discussion and came across the "you will believe in Jesus" thing again haha

Nah calling it false isn't an overreaction, it's the "you must really want to dislike her if you see it that way" that came off as weird and too much. Like, I saw it that way and I like Ochaco. You brought up the moment and it didn't do anything for him, that's really all there was to it. Even if he dislikes Ochaco, calling that shoulder grab a hug is hardly that much of a "dunk" on her character.
(And lord knows people aren't really desperate for examples of things they dislike or are disappointed about with Ochaco's treatment anyway)
One thing is seeing that way without the context, but after knowing the context would you still call that a hug?
Specially knowing the character? Why would she hug Deku and be completely serious afteward? She would be blushing to no end

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all, please watch/read Kimetsu no Yaiba. It's really, truly, absolutely, so damn good and worth your time.
Heard about what happened to Miles though. Rite of passage
Nani???

Shit, did he get a Symbiote?? I recall seeing a tease about someone getting a Symbiote and how Carnage is screwed now, I think.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Lol I gotcha. Things were so simple back then
Y'all, please watch/read Kimetsu no Yaiba. It's really, truly, absolutely, so damn good and worth your time.

Nani???

Shit, did he get a Symbiote?? I recall seeing a tease about someone getting a Symbiote and how Carnage is screwed now, I think.
According to my friend, yes. Eddie and Miles are fighting off Carnage and his minions. Carnage needs Eddie because he's trying to absorb everyone who ever held a Symbiote because comics lol. He ends up getting Miles instead. Looks like Miles is under Carnage's control tho

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
According to my friend, yes. Eddie and Miles are fighting off Carnage and his minions. Carnage needs Eddie because he's trying to absorb everyone who ever held a Symbiote because comics lol. He ends up getting Miles instead. Looks like Miles is under Carnage's control tho
Oh shit, son. That's not how I expected and hope that would go, lol. They in trouble now...

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Oh shit, son. That's not how I expected and hope that would go, lol. They in trouble now...
Right? Carnage has Dynasty Warriors levels of minions under him, plus certain heroes and villains have been turned as well. Peter and Eddie are already beat to hell and the Symbiotes don't trigger Peter's spider sense.

They're fucked.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018

Oh wow a Provisional Hero at a Hero School during a Hero Training Exercise did a Heroic act and helped a person in need. Thanks for doing the bare minimum ochako.

Also, I don't dislike ochako. Well, I used to not. I loved her when she was just a friend and didn't fall to Shonen female lead syndrome. Her match with bakugou during the sports fest is perhaps her greatest showing ever and it was fucking awesome and she never topped that

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow a Provisional Hero at a Hero School during a Hero Training Exercise did a Heroic act and helped a person in need. Thanks for doing the bare minimum ochako.

Also, I don't dislike ochako. Well, I used to not. I loved her when she was just a friend and didn't fall to Shonen female lead syndrome. Her match with bakugou during the sports fest is perhaps her greatest showing ever and it was fucking awesome and she never topped that
Yeah that match is by far my favorite moment for her character by far. I hope to see more like that in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.