• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
chapters is out in Portuguese and it doesn't seem like the new villain is with the PLF, he's just some suicidal guy with a grudge against Endeavor though it's still possible Dabi sent him

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
This guy has a cool design, hope he doesn't get instantly bodied. Wouldn't be surprised if there's more to him.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Chapter is out

I'm starting to get the feeling that this might not be a big arc, like if this new villain ends up being the one they take down faster than Endeavor then I can see that as the wrap up for this arc and then moving to the final exams or graduation

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
- After liking Fuyumi a little last chapter, she's annoying me again this chapter, with the talk of how Natsuo still hasn't moved on. Her being repeatedly characterized as someone that not-so-subtly kinda wants him to get over it is irritating. I know that last chapter she claims she feels the same as him, but it's clearly being overpowered by her desire to have her family back and return to a sense of normalcy. That gripe aside, I did like her sincerely thanking Deku for being Todoroki's friend.

- Didn't bring it up last week, but one of MHA's best aspects is how good everyone looks in civilian clothes, like Endeavor looks so much better here.

- Arc is finally picking up... I think. Something of note finally happens here, but given that its clearly a minor villain, it could get wrapped up next chapter and then we're back to square one.

- As with the Pro Hero arc, I have to again reiterate that I really don't want a scenario where Endeavor's heroics serve as a sort of "shortcut" to Natsuo warming up to Endeavor.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
As with the Pro Hero arc, I have to again reiterate that I really don't want a scenario where Endeavor's heroics serve as a sort of "shortcut" to Natsuo warming up to Endeavor.
This. So much. I was worried when I read the chapter because I was just dreading this exact scenario where Natsuo is put in peril and Endeavor saving him makes him change his mind. I hope Horikoshi doesn't screw this up and has Natsuo reacting the same way Shoto has so far: acknowledging the hero but not the father.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
It's not likely, but if Endeavor solves this problem with force, it might not go towards mending his relationship with natsuo at all.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
So, we've finally got the timeline for whatever happened to Touya; it happened right after the burning water incident. Maybe he tried to attack Endeavor over after it happened because he had enough?

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My only grip with the chapter is the number of pages, I really like Fuyumi thanking Deku.
I think this fight will be a pretext to solve the Endeavor's challenge for the boys and the start of the Toya's flashback. I guess Endeavor will not be able to solve the situation there and the trio will. When Natsuo is thanking them he will tell Deku and Bakugo the whole story.
- After liking Fuyumi a little last chapter, she's annoying me again this chapter, with the talk of how Natsuo still hasn't moved on. Her being repeatedly characterized as someone that not-so-subtly kinda wants him to get over it is irritating. I know that last chapter she claims she feels the same as him, but it's clearly being overpowered by her desire to have her family back and return to a sense of normalcy. That gripe aside, I did like her sincerely thanking Deku for being Todoroki's friend.
She just wants to be happy and thinks if everyone moves on it will happen faster, she is being selfish here but can you blame her when she is the only reason this family is hold together for more than a decade?

Edit:
unknown.png

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

- Didn't bring it up last week, but one of MHA's best aspects is how good everyone looks in civilian clothes, like Endeavor looks so much better here.

- Arc is finally picking up... I think. Something of note finally happens here, but given that its clearly a minor villain, it could get wrapped up next chapter and then we're back to square one.

- As with the Pro Hero arc, I have to again reiterate that I really don't want a scenario where Endeavor's heroics serve as a sort of "shortcut" to Natsuo warming up to Endeavor.
Yeah after this chapter I can't say I'm a fan of Fuyumi, Rei and Natsu are dealing with the death of a Sibling/Son, they have every right to and really Should hate Endeavor for life, I know she wants the best for her family but it comes off as dismissive and forceful how she wants everyone to "get over it"

And I really hope Natsu doesn't start forgiving him after he gets saved, that'll probably ruin the whole arc for me

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Fuyumi just wants a normal family and wants to make it happen. Is it flawed yes, but so is natsuo in blaming Endevour for Toya's death. Fuyumi has some gripes with her father but she also see's her pops is changing as a person so she wants to actively facilitate that type of change in her family as a whole.

- Minor villian hopped up on Trigger trying to commit suicide by cop

- You always bring this up when Endevour does anything heroic for his kids and its never happened each time.I would just give Hirokoshi the benefit of the doubt about this shit by now. At the most its will just make Natsuo face that his dad might actually give a damn about him as a person and Make Natsuo deal with that
This. So much. I was worried when I read the chapter because I was just dreading this exact scenario where Natsuo is put in peril and Endeavor saving him makes him change his mind. I hope Horikoshi doesn't screw this up and has Natsuo reacting the same way Shoto has so far: acknowledging the hero but not the father.
You all always pop up about this shit every time man and its kinda annoying now.Hirokoshi been writing this arc mature as shit for a long time and hasn't used any shortcuts outside of making his kids actually spend time with the new Endevour.
Yeah after this chapter I can't say I'm a fan of Fuyumi, Rei and Natsu are dealing with the death of a Sibling/Son, they have every right to and really Should hate Endeavor for life, I know she wants the best for her family but it comes off as dismissive and forceful how she wants everyone to "get over it"

And I really hope Natsu doesn't start forgiving him after he gets saved, that'll probably ruin the whole arc for me

See Rei Had her own issues but also I don't see how blaming Toya on Endevour solves anything outside of being petty as shit. Unless Endevour just decided to take Touya out back and set him on fire himself I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

I see them forcing Natsuo to come to grips with the fact that his father does care about him and value him and how that screws with all his other emotions. Its the same thing Shoto has been dealing with when he spends time with endevour he is finding out that his dad values him as a person and its fucking with his head

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Disliking Fuyumi because she wants to have a happy family/doesnt hate her father is very single minded imo. It is like people want all characters to act the same and in the way they would react.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She just wants to be happy and thinks if everyone moves on it will happen faster, she is being selfish here but can you blame her when she is the only reason this family is hold together for more than a decade?

Natsuo doesn't owe anyone shit given what Endeavor has put them through. If he's at the point where he also apparently holds his father responsible for his brother's death, then he can take as long as he wants, or even never forgive him at all.

Fuyumi should be able to understand that. You can make the argument that it's purposeful on Horikoshi's part, making her flawed like that, but it's really not a good look. I don't particularly like her character as a result, as she naively just wants to return to the status quo.

Exactly.

Fuyumi just wants a normal family and wants to make it happen. Is it flawed yes, but so is natsuo in blaming Endevour for Toya's death.

How is Natsuo flawed in blaming Endeavor? We don't even know what exactly happened. But if I were to make an assumption, of course he played a role. You'd have to be weirdly optimistic (or super defensive) to assume we're getting a reveal where Endeavor didn't have much to do with whatever happened to his son.

but she also see's her pops is changing as a person so she wants to actively facilitate that type of change in her family as a whole.

Their dad is an abuser. They aren't. Trying to make their behaviors equivalent is absurd when they're completely justified in being cold towards him.

You always bring this up when Endevour does anything heroic for his kids and its never happened each time.

Lol what? The only other time I'd have an opportunity to bring this up is in the Pro Hero arc. So "always" and "each time" equals me bringing it up once before now? Except not even that counts, as that was Endeavor being a hero for the city's sake, rather than what he's doing now where he's attempting to save his son.

hasn't used any shortcuts

*cough Rei's flowers *cough

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I agree that Fuyumi's behavior isn't flattering seeing as Natsuo has every right to be pissed at the guy he holds responsibles for his brothers death, not to mention he and Toya were close

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Normalcy"

Wasn't the family pretty toxic until maybe recently depending on how you define toxic

Return might be the wrong word, but she definitely wants to take Endeavor's growth and use it as an opportunity to become a real, loving family or something along those lines

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Also, they mentioned Toya died when his mom was in the hospital but wasn't Endeavor training Shoto around that time?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also, they mentioned Toya died when his mom was in the hospital but wasn't Endeavor training Shoto around that time?
If I had to guess Toya was promising before Endeavour found out about his weakness to fire

Natsu blames endeavour but he's not unbiased

It could be Toya was either jealous of shoto and wanted to prove himself, Endeavour did or said something that caused him to lash out beyond his limits or to go back to jealousy thing he didn't want to feel useless or trash and maybe to go back to Dabi theory wanted to be a hero (leading him to resent heroes) and tried pushing himself

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Fuyumi just wants a normal family and wants to make it happen. Is it flawed yes, but so is natsuo in blaming Endevour for Toya's death. Fuyumi has some gripes with her father but she also see's her pops is changing as a person so she wants to actively facilitate that type of change in her family as a whole.

- Minor villian hopped up on Trigger trying to commit suicide by cop

- You always bring this up when Endevour does anything heroic for his kids and its never happened each time.I would just give Hirokoshi the benefit of the doubt about this shit by now. At the most its will just make Natsuo face that his dad might actually give a damn about him as a person and Make Natsuo deal with that

You all always pop up about this shit every time man and its kinda annoying now.Hirokoshi been writing this arc mature as shit for a long time and hasn't used any shortcuts outside of making his kids actually spend time with the new Endevour.

See Rei Had her own issues but also I don't see how blaming Toya on Endevour solves anything outside of being petty as shit. Unless Endevour just decided to take Touya out back and set him on fire himself I'm not sure how he can be blamed.

I see them forcing Natsuo to come to grips with the fact that his father does care about him and value him and how that screws with all his other emotions. Its the same thing Shoto has been dealing with when he spends time with endevour he is finding out that his dad values him as a person and its fucking with his head
Well it's pretty well implied that Endeavor is at fault for Touya's death and I'll say from first-hand experience that telling a victim to move on is one of the worst things you can do, it can have a negative effect on them and I'm not saying they should never forgive, it's their choice but they shouldn't feel pressured to do so
Disliking Fuyumi because she wants to have a happy family/doesnt hate her father is very single minded imo. It is like people want all characters to act the same and in the way they would react.
It's not that I HATE her but this chapter made me not like because I know people in real life like her, she has well intensions but she's also being selfish in the situation

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
NGL, Endeavor looking gooooood in this chapter. Also, this Big-O villain is about to get bodied once the 1-A Big Three stop Endeavor from killing him.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki are gonna accomplish the goal of 'apprehending this villain before Endeavor' with `this guy. Endeavor' s emotions are gonna get in the way and those 3 are gonna take him down.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Natsuo doesn't owe anyone shit given what Endeavor has put them through. If he's at the point where he also apparently holds his father responsible for his brother's death, then he can take as long as he wants, or even never forgive him at all.

Fuyumi should be able to understand that. You can make the argument that it's purposeful on Horikoshi's part, making her flawed like that, but it's really not a good look. I don't particularly like her character as a result, as she naively just wants to return to the status quo.
How is that not a good look? Because she wants what she believes will make her happy? Natsuo can do whatver he wants, but Fuyumi shouldn't be forced to react the same

It's not that I HATE her but this chapter made me not like because I know people in real life like her, she has well intensions but she's also being selfish in the situation
I see, but I still think how she is acting makes a lot of sense and not really a reason to criticize the character
Like I said before, I agree she is being selfish. But looking at her situtation, where she basically acted like a bridge for all familly member for a decade, what she is doing isnt unreasonable

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How is that not a good look? Because she wants what she believes will make her happy? Natsuo can do whatver he wants, but Fuyumi shouldn't be forced to react the same
I'm pretty sure Lotus wasn't saying that. No ones saying she should be forced to have the same hatred as Natsuo, not sure where you got that from.

All people are saying is that her putting Natsuo in situations that he is clearly not okay with because she wants the "happy family life" isn't great. I don't hate her for it, but I get where people are coming from.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I'm pretty sure Lotus wasn't saying that. No ones saying she should be forced to have the same hatred as Natsuo, not sure where you got that from.

All people are saying is that her putting Natsuo in situations that he is clearly not okay with because she wants the "happy family life" isn't great. I don't hate her for it, but I get where people are coming from.

I mean she didn't make him come. He blatantly said she just asked him to show for the family dinner, if really didn't want to show he could have just skipped. Lord knows I've skipped family dinners because I couldn't be bothered.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
They keep reinforcing the fact that Endeavor has an insanely good memory, which only reinforces my reasons for believing Dabi isn't Toya. For that to be true we have to believe tthe #1 hero has never been shown a picture of known League of Villains member, Dabi and that, amazing as his memory is, he can't recognize his son's voice.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

She isnt forcing Natsu to do anything, he is doing all of that with his own volition.
I understand Natsu's point, but if he has no intentions of trying to make this whole happy family work he should be the one saying the straight truth to Fuyumi and stop giving her false hopes.

Ebnas

May 15, 2019
They keep reinforcing the fact that Endeavor has an insanely good memory, which only reinforces my reasons for believing Dabi isn't Toya. For that to be true we have to believe tthe #1 hero has never been shown a picture of known League of Villains member, Dabi and that, amazing as his memory is, he can't recognize his son's voice.

Dabi dyed his hair and half of his face is burnt. Depending on how long ago Touya 'died', his voice wouldn't be remotely similar. And since his shrine photo is that of a ten year old kid at best, puberty probably changed a lot of things.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Dabi not being Toya would just be convoluted. All the evidence points to him
I mean, if this turns out the same way One for All having the previous user's quirks did, I'll be sitting here insisting there's evidence, other people will say I'm wrong, and then when it happens people will say it came out of nowhere.

Not saying that that will happen for certain. Just saying that all the evidence doesn't point that way, y'all just don't consider my points to be evidence.

(Another thing I forgot to mention: they would also have to have never mentioned Dabi's powers to the #1 Hero, or his quirk would have had to have changed in the interim. Blue flames doesn't seem common.)

Last edited:

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if Natsuo had trained his quirk, he wouldn't be in this situation. He would have just frozen this guy.

Maybe the Meta Liberation Army is onto something.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So Todoroki is like for sure the tritagonist, right?
Though IMO, I'd think he'd make a better deuteragonist than Bakugo

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
giphy.gif

Love that we got some more backstory on Touya. Natsu was closest to him, huh? I bet that will come up again. I like that whatever happened to Touya happened around the time Shoto got his scar. There's more story there, and with Natsu blaming Daddy Dearest for Touya's death it wouldn't surprise me if Touya confronted Enji after Shoto was burned and shit popped off. No doubt that whenever the Dabi=Touya reveal happens, the family will be involved.

As far as the Fuyumi thing, its complex. She sees her Dad is earnestly trying to improve his relationship with his family and I think she is responding to that. At the same time, I do think if Natsu wants to say fuck his dad for all the shit he put them through, that's his right. I know if I was in Natsu and Shoto's shoes I would not be so eager to forgive Endeavor either. I really hope Natsu does not do a complete 180 on his dad after he gets saved. He still has not earned that yet, but I think Hori knows that.

-Bakugo asking for the recipe from Fuyumi was cute
-The chaffeur is awesome! Hope to see more of him
-The art, as usual, was on point this week
-I'm surprised a Mummy villain hadn't appeared before this tbh

Will Endeavor or the trio get to Natsu first? Will he be saved at all? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!
Forgot to reply to some comics talk from last week. My bad.

I just bought the first volume the other day! I really liked the FCBD preview I read and I've been interested in Buffy for a while now. Sadly have no way of watching it as far as I know... so I'll settle for this comic! Dan Mora's art is gorgeous and I was so happy to find out he's doing the art here.

Emma! ❤ She's probably my second or third-favorite female X-Men character. It's between her and Kitty, which is why Marauders is such a dream book for me. Helps too that Duggan's writing it and that Iceman is there. Really, there's so much for me to love in that book.

You know what makes me even luckier? I've met Artgerm a few times now. 😉 I have multiple prints of his, haha. I've been lucky enough to go to local cons that he's gone to, plus this workshop thing he and his peers held once.

X-Force sounds good, I like that. Shame Quentin didn't show... but yeah, I'm a Quentin fan! He's easily among my top five favorite X-Men. Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men is one of my favorite X-Men books (and the one I spent most time with, I guess?) and that's where I met the character. Love him there so much. Gonna read the West Coast Avengers (the recent one) books one day just for him. Well, him and Hawkeye and Stefano Caselli's gorgeous art.
You...you met Artgerm? I'm so jelly lol.

I really want you to get into Buffy and Angel! I think you would love it. Is there no way you can watch it legally? Hmmm...

Wow, didn't realize you liked Quentin so much. I have not had a lot of experience with the character, I need to change that. I was not impressed with Marauders #1, but maybe #2 will change my mind. X-men #2 was awesome though, Summers family sheaningans? Sign me the fuck up

Also, my Top 5 X-men
1.Cyclops
2. Nightcrawler
3. Wolverine
4. Rogue
5. Shadowcat
I mean, if this turns out the same way One for All having the previous user's quirks did, I'll be sitting here insisting there's evidence, other people will say I'm wrong, and then when it happens people will say it came out of nowhere.

Not saying that that will happen for certain. Just saying that all the evidence doesn't point that way, y'all just don't consider my points to be evidence.

(Another thing I forgot to mention: they would also have to have never mentioned Dabi's powers to the #1 Hero, or his quirk would have had to have changed in the interim. Blue flames doesn't seem common.)
Most of the evidence points to Dabi=Touya. Not saying it is 100%, but I have seen nothing to convince me that is not the case. Feels more like people don't want him to be Touya just for subversion's sake. If Dabi is gonna end up hating Endeavor regardless, having him not be Touya or just some impersonator makes it needlessly complex and a much worse storyline imo. Especially considering the end result would be the same either way.

Last edited:

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
giphy.gif

Love that we got some more backstory on Touya. Natsu was closest to him, huh? I bet that will come up again. I like that whatever happened to Touya happened around the time Shoto got his scar. There's more story there, and with Natsu blaming Daddy Dearest for Touya's death it wouldn't surprise me if Touya confronted Enji after Shoto was burned and shit popped off. No doubt that whenever the Dabi=Touya reveal happens, the family will be involved.

As far as the Fuyumi thing, its complex. She sees her Dad is earnestly trying to improve his relationship with his family and I think she is responding to that. At the same time, I do think if Natsu wants to say fuck his dad for all the shit he put them through, that's his right. I know if I was in Natsu and Shoto's shoes I would not be so eager to forgive Endeavor either. I really hope Natsu does not do a complete 180 on his dad after he gets saved. He still has not earned that yet, but I think Hori knows that.

-Bakugo asking for the recipe from Fuyumi was cute
-The chaffeur is awesome! Hope to see more of him
-The art, as usual, was on point this week
-I'm surprised a Mummy villain hadn't appeared before those tbh

Will Endeavor or the trio get to Natsu first? Will he be saved at all? Find out next time on My Hero Academia!!!

You...you met Artgerm? I'm so jelly lol.

I really want you to get into Buffy and Angel! I think you would love it. Is there no way you can watch it legally? Hmmm...

Wow, didn't realize you liked Quentin so much. I have not had a lot of experience with the character, I need to change that. I was not impressed with Marauders #1, but maybe #2 will change my mind. X-men #2 was awesome though, Summers family sheaningans? Sign me the fuck up

Also, my Top 5 X-men
1.Cyclops
2. Nightcrawler
3. Wolverine
4. Rogue
5. Shadowcat

Most of the evidence points to Dabi=Touya. Not saying it is 100%, but I have seen nothing to convince me that is not the case. Feels more like people don't want him to be Touya just for subversion's sake. If Dabi is gonna end up hating Endeavor regardless, having him not be Touya or just some impersonator makes it needlessly complex and a much worse storyline imo. Especially considering the end result would be the same either way.
Buffy and Angel watcher here? Amazing

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I have seem some people pointing out that Natsu's weakness to fire might be a problem, Endeavor has to be careful

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Does Iida even qualify as a main character anymore? When was the last time he was relevant? Shame cuz I like him

Status
Not open for further replies.