• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saw the laugh, but even as a joke it just doesnt make sense
Spoiler says that Deku loses, but Bakugo then gets OfA, then defeats the villain. I joked and said Bakugo can even use OfA better than Deku, since they have a history of Bakugo being better than Deku in various things (school, physical activities, etc).

I was just making a minor joke. Made sense to me and Tace at least.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Because All Might wasnt not only a genius, but very buff to begin with(like way more than Bakugo), and like I said he had to dominatea much weaker OFA. Deku's OFA is a whole other beast and saying that Bakugo can figure it out easy peasy is undermining the work Deku have put to master it so far
If Deku is using a stronger version of OFA with a weaker body than All Might I see no reason Bakugo couldn't do the same. Bakugo has put in enough hard work, is strong enough, and has that uncanny combat sense that I think give him the tools to use OFA relatively easy, at least on a base level. I don't expect him to pull out the extra quirks or anything, but I don't expect him to struggle either. It's fine if you disagree, but that's how I see it.
I liked it, but not everyone appreciates Deku slander

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler says that Deku loses, but Bakugo then gets OfA, then defeats the villain. I joked and said Bakugo can even use OfA better than Deku, since they have a history of Bakugo being better than Deku in various things (school, physical activities, etc).

The spoiler I read says they defeat him together.
If Deku is using a stronger version of OFA with a weaker body than All Might I see no reason Bakugo couldn't do the same. Bakugo has put in enough hard work, is strong enough, and has that uncanny combat sense that I think give him the tools to use OFA relatively easy, at least on a base level. I don't expect him to pull out the extra quirks or anything, but I don't expect him to struggle either. It's fine if you disagree, but that's how I see it.

I liked it, but not everyone appreciates Deku slander
Again you are underestimating Deku. By the time of his beach training is finished he probably is as strong physically as Bakugo, if not more, and he didnt stop training after he received OFA. Saying that Bakugo can just use OFA easier than Deku because he mastered his quirk that he has since he was 4 is weird.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The spoiler I read says they defeat him together.

Again you are underestimating Deku. By the time of his beach training is finished he probably is as strong physically as Bakugo, if not more, and he didnt stop training after he received OFA. Saying that Bakugo can just use OFA easier than Deku because he mastered his quirk that he has since he was 4 is weird.
Its really not. You're also forgetting

1)Deku used OFA the day he got it from All Might. The beach training was just so his body wouldn't blow up once he used the power. It's not something you need weeks to achieve just to activate.

2)That being said, Deku also had to adjust because he was not used to having a quirk. That's an issue Bakugo doesn't have. What's important about Bakugo having mastered his quirk is that's it's also powerful and flashy. That gives him a base to work from.

3)You might believe that Deku is way stronger than Bakugo, but I think they are even strength wise. Bakugo took a full cowling punch to the face and immediately answered back with a move that pinned Deku down. Both have only gotten stronger since then. They both work hard and train, and I believe they are more or less even physically. If Deku can handle OFA I think Bakugo can too. As I said before, I don't see any reason Bakugo would struggle using OFA.

I don't care if you disagree, but don't try to frame my opinion as weird. I gave you plenty of reasons.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Its really not. You're also forgetting

1)Deku used OFA the day he got it from All Might. The beach training was just so his body wouldn't blow up once he used the power. It's not something you need weeks to achieve just to activate.

2)That being said, Deku also had to adjust because he was not used to having a quirk. That's an issue Bakugo doesn't have. What's important about Bakugo having mastered his quirk is that's it's also powerful and flashy. That gives him a base to work from.

3)You might believe that Deku is way stronger than Bakugo, but I think they are even strength wise. Bakugo took a full cowling punch to the face and immediately answered back with a move that pinned Deku down. Both have only gotten stronger since then. They both work hard and train, and I believe they are more or less even physically. If Deku can handle OFA I think Bakugo can too. As I said before, I don't see any reason Bakugo would struggle using OFA.

I don't care if you disagree, but don't try to frame my opinion as weird. I gave you plenty of reasons.
that is why I said it was weird and not that it was wrong. Either way OFA is a special quirk and is very different from Bakugo's. If Bakugo's experience with quiks is relevant is entirely up to how Horikoshi wishes to do. Still there's the fact that post all might OFA is a post singularity quirky and those, as we saw with eri, deku and Shigaraki, are extremely hard to use. So, for me, it is impossible for anyone to use current OFA easy peasy

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
that is why I said it was weird and not that it was wrong. Either way OFA is a special quirk and is very different from Bakugo's. If Bakugo's experience with quiks is relevant is entirely up to how Horikoshi wishes to do. Still there's the fact that post all might OFA is a post singularity quirky and those, as we saw with eri, deku and Shigaraki, are extremely hard to use. So, for me, it is impossible for anyone to use current OFA easy peasy
Okay. I disagree.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I just did a really quick re-read of the Culture Festival arc and now I'm super hyped. Can't wait for the Gentle fight and to see how they adapt the performance. Wonder if Jiro's VA will actually sing.

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I just did a really quick re-read of the Culture Festival arc and now I'm super hyped. Can't wait for the Gentle fight and to see how they adapt the performance. Wonder if Jiro's VA will actually sing.

She can sing it seems.
Singing the way Jirou would sing would probably be more a challenge though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is this peoples first anime movie or something?
Obviously not, but most movies based on shounen anime don't have said movies taking place at least 3 arcs ahead of where the anime currently it. It isn't very common, so we're discussing it.

It would be like if there was a DBZ movie back in the day that took place during the Cell saga while the anime was still in the middle of the Frieza saga. They'd be advertising a movie showing Goku going Super Saiyan and doing instant transmission, while the anime was in the middle of Vegeta fighting the Ginyu Force.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
New possible movie details are leaking
looks like Deku's does use Black Whip, Bakugo has his Quirk taken which is why Deku gives him OFA and they finish off the Villain together, one of the 2 movie kids is pretty much Eri 2.0 and has a Quirk called return that returns things back to the way they were and that's how Deku gets OFA back and Bakugo gets his Quirk back but they have to hold hands to do so

Oct 25, 2017
looks like Deku's does use Black Whip, Bakugo has his Quirk taken which is why Deku gives him OFA and they finish off the Villain together, one of the 2 movie kids is pretty much Eri 2.0 and has a Quirk called return that returns things back to the way they were and that's how Deku gets OFA back and Bakugo gets his Quirk back but they have to hold hands to do so
I gotta see this fanfiction in action

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
how would
Deku be able to use Black Whip without One for All?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Anything about what Bakugo does with OFA? I'm assuming it's just a strength and speed increase. Of course they have a kid in this movie that can set things back. Must be some time limit on that or else no reason they couldn't restore Mirio.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Anything about what Bakugo does with OFA? I'm assuming it's just a strength and speed increase. Of course they have a kid in this movie that can set things back in this movie. Must be some time limit on that or else no reason they couldn't restore Mirio.
leak says he's pretty much Deku with orange lightning, makes sense because he doesn't have his Quirk at the time

Ask for the kid, I think it's best to not take the events of this movie as 100% canon

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

source.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
leak says he's pretty much Deku with orange lightning, makes sense because he doesn't have his Quirk at the time

Ask for the kid, I think it's best to not take the events of this movie as 100% canon
Ah yeah, orange lightning. Cool, cool. The first movie was canon, right? I could see them making the return kid's quirk ridiculously specific so it's not really useful outside of that one situation.

Man, the thought of Bakugo using OFA has me hype. It's gonna look so awesome, and hopefully will be a good moment of character development for him.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
PEoYAY0.gif

Considered me hyped now. Going to go with my friends who only watch the anime for extra hilarity.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
All-Might vs Might Guy Battle Lyrics were confirmed by Brandon Yates. Honestly is an extremely fitting song for both of these heroes

latest

''Doesn't matter time or place

if I hear you call my name

know that everything will be okay

With a smile on my face

I will face that darkest day

They rely on me when it all needs saved

I've held the weight of the world

And I carry the fire

A symbol of hope, A symbol of peace,

A man to admire

I burn intense as the sun with

passion and desire

unlock every gate, whatever it takes when

the fight's looking dire

I'll never give up

Doesn't matter time or place

With a smile on my face

They rely on me when it all needs saved

There's an era approaching when I'll

When I'll have to pass on the torch

When you'll follow in these steps

on the path that I've scorched

There'll come a time when I'm wearing down

But you can rest assured that it isn't now

Dig deeper

Doesn't matter time or place

With a smile on my face

They rely on me when it all needs saved''

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Damn. King Katsuki with the four-peat. You love to see it.
30f4d2a6c1ce2a364153efa3376f941fc761a567_hq.gif

And KIRISHIMA NUMBER TWO FOR THE ENGLISH POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIOT SEASON LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO
tenor.gif

Yeah I think I much prefer Japan's results
Looking at it, I think I might prefer the English poll. Bakugo still #1, Kiri #2, AND both Hawks and Mirio made the top ten.

Those are basically my favorite characters lol, English poll is...
giphy.gif

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Looking at it, I think I might prefer the English poll. Bakugo still #1, Kiri #2, AND both Hawks and Mirio made the top ten.

Those are basically my favorite characters lol, English poll is...
giphy.gif
Yeah but the placement for each of the LoV members are completely unacceptable, clear heavy anime only influence

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Todoroki at 4 is unforgivable
But at the same time, like that Kirishima is second and Mirio made the top ten

Status
Not open for further replies.