• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Hero Society's status be after this arc?

• Hero Society is damaged, but remains standing for the most part

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Hero Society is destroyed, forcing a major change in the status quo

Votes: 46 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It's not as if the "blessed" part was talking about his improved relationship with Bakugo only, that's just one part of it. Looking at where he's come from, it's totally understandable that he feels that way. He used to be alone and quirkless and the childhood friend he admires so much but couldn't properly talk to before is now friends with him. He goes to the best hero school now and even has his idol All Might personally mentoring him.

Honestly, I found it a little weird that quite a few of you here fixated on the small Bakugo portion of that. He was literally counting his blessings and Bakugo just happened to be a part of it cause it really was one of (among many others) the good things that happened to him: his relationship with Bakugo improved.

Deku absolutely has Bakugo on a pedestal, Deku vs. Kacchan 2 and their previous fights made that clear enough. I do understand where you're coming from now though. He and All Might could both be reacting better to Bakugo, but I find that happening pretty hard to imagine. Like I said, he definitely puts Bakugo on a pedestal and now that they understand each other, I don't think Deku would ever have any qualms with the way Bakugo talks to him. At the very least, he's at least referred to their relationship as "okay-ish" so there's room for improvement in his eyes.

I don't have a link on me right now but Horikoshi did say that, and he addressed it once more recently too. I believe it was during a Q&A thing for Heroes Rising. He specifically mentioned how Bakugo has yet to apologize and that he needs to do that one day. I expect their relationship will go from "okay-ish" to "okay" or better once that happens. Maybe he'll act like he does around Kirishima with Deku once that happens.
He did say Bakugo has to apologize

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm filled with fear that they're going to Worf Miruko. What better way to show that shit's gotten real than to have an outspoken badass woman go out like a punk?

-__-

But speaking more generally I really feel like we're going to see hero society get broken, at least in Japan. Transition us into My Hero Resistance sequel series *cmon horikoshi*
I have no idea what gives you that fear

No idea at all

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
No 1-a student will die. The deaths will be all adult heroes.

One student will die

I hope Miruko pulls through, we haven't seen enough of her. I would love it if she became one of the more important pros moving forward.

Idk how I feel about the fall of society and about the sequel series. I think it's too soon. There's still so much potential in the school setting. Plus I would feel bad for Shinso lol

Finally get into the Hero course just in time for society to get rekt
Students escape to America and train at one of All Might's agencies and the girl from the first movie becomes their tech support while they study to become a team

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Are other countries really just gonna let villans wild out though? I never understood All For One's reach of power if it was just Japan where he was causing trouble.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Are other countries really just gonna let villans wild out though? I never understood All For One's reach of power if it was just Japan where he was causing trouble.
Iirc, Japan's crime rate during All Mights era was 8%, whereas in other countries it was something like 30%, I imagine the other countries cannot afford to send their heroes away.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

PV is very promising. OP sounds great and very fitting for the arc, hopefully the visuals can keep up.

Bones will be forgiven if they get the best MHA arc right

Key visual

yt9hxqr8f3c41.jpg

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

PV is very promising. OP sounds great and very fitting for the arc, hopefully the visuals can keep up.

Bones will be forgiven if they get the best MHA arc right

Key visual

yt9hxqr8f3c41.jpg

Not the volume I wanted them to take inspiration from but still, pretty cool key visual. Besides that weird one with the realistic destroyed city background, this season has had some really good ones.

Seems it's every man for himself out there. It is what it is.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Lol this is good.
I still want my Stain/Gentle Suicide Squad.

"Death of relevant/irrelevant 1-A student"
Define "relevant".
Being honest i've said this before but if there was a 1-A Student i could see dying during the villain Invasion Arc that would imply the stakes have gotten serious and would be a major impact to the main cast going foward - i would definetly be Kishirama. Who i feel is going to fight Gigantomachia with the helps and maybe beat or stall him but loose his life in the process.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would still really hate it on principle if Ochako turned out to be the traitor. I don't feel like they've done enough with her character to earn it, and while she does have very little character to her nowadays outside of "I really like Deku" I think she's shown an earnest side of betterment and overall goals which is oddly - positively - refreshing for a series that mainly has everyone's hero motivations stem from some deeply rooted past that not everyone might be able to relate to. I think turning a character like that into a villain would be really cynical and I also dislike that they'd use the leading female to do so when the series is already short in supply of women who make an impact comparatively speaking.

Plus I still think her disgust re:Himiko was pretty genuine and I can't see her being in a situation where she'd be a part of that.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I would still really hate it on principle if Ochako turned out to be the traitor. I don't feel like they've done enough with her character to earn it, and while she does have very little character to her nowadays outside of "I really like Deku" I think she's shown an earnest side of betterment and overall goals which is oddly - positively - refreshing for a series that mainly has everyone's hero motivations stem from some deeply rooted past that not everyone might be able to relate to. I think turning a character like that into a villain would be really cynical and I also dislike that they'd use the leading female to do so when the series is already short in supply of women who make an impact comparatively speaking.

Plus I still think her disgust re:Himiko was pretty genuine and I can't see her being in a situation where she'd be a part of that.
I get that it would be hard to lose a character with a relatable motive but to me that's pretty much all she's got going for her and it's not really anything that would take too much time to give to any of the other girls, characters like Momo and Jirou despite being side characters aren't that far off from her and have just as much potential so I really wouldn't mind if Horikoshi change the leading female role

And on the Himiko part I really didn't see disgust as much shock for the things she was saying, which were also unrelated to the League and a "we are so alike" speech

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Being honest i've said this before but if there was a 1-A Student i could see dying during the villain Invasion Arc that would imply the stakes have gotten serious and would be a major impact to the main cast going foward - i would definetly be Kishirama. Who i feel is going to fight Gigantomachia with the helps and maybe beat or stall him but loose his life in the process.

Kiri is too famous to die. Yeah yeah "that is what makes it that impactful". Hori won't summon the yaoi fangirls. Ocha being the traitor makes a lot of sense, but it would be the same twist that Assassination Classroom already had a few years ago so..hmm, but that one had a big impact.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Ok, that looked great. The key visual is great, the song sounds hype and fits the mood. I'm excited for the class1a band as it looks great and Nejire looked amazing in that shot.

So remedial courses will be one episode then?

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Always knew Natsuo was real one.
(Still crazy how big he is. Seems he's the one who inherited his father's build)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it is a reference. Black Clubs/Clover isnt a concept the manga created

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it is a reference. Black Clubs/Clover isnt a concept the manga created
Sure but you wouldn't need to add the word "black" above it for someone to recognize the symbol and his shirt is literally read as the title of the series (whereas the suit isn't called a "black club" just a "club").
And it's not like he hasn't done anything related to the BC manga outside of this. It's a reference, just as he references many other things he's into.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sure but you wouldn't need to add the word "black" above it for someone to recognize the symbol and his shirt is literally read as the title of the series (whereas the suit isn't called a "black club" just a "club").
And it's not like he hasn't done anything related to the BC manga outside of this. It's a reference, just as he references many other things he's into.
I still dont see it but power for people that think it is a reference

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is hard to get him serious when he acts like this
Also I doubt he knows the plans of the MHA anime for the next 10 years.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Understand this people, 10 year is a lot of time. It is impossible to know if a third movie will be profitable, imagine a tenth one.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That can't be right.

Horikoshi already said that the second movie was supposed to be the last one.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Studios have planned yearly routines before and of course one bomb could cancel them
Not even the anime is yearly. We just had a 1 year break between season 3 and 4. The movies also had about 1 year and a half between them.
Yeah I'm not buying this.
He also says we're probably in the prologue when Volume 11 was "The end of the beginning"
Not only that but we are about to enter an arc that will probably move story a lot.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not buying this.
He also says we're probably in the prologue when Volume 11 was "The end of the beginning"
Well we have been speculating a part 2 that goes past the school and Horikoshi has stated before that his plans have changed and the story is now bigger than he originally planned

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does the site send alerts when quotes are edited into posts now? Cause I'm pretty sure that just happened for me...
Horikoshi has stated before that his plans have changed and the story is now bigger than he originally planned
Where? Are you referring to the thing about the series being planned for 20ish volumes initially or something else? (Cause I thought that predated Vol. 11)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well we have been speculating a part 2 that goes past the school and Horikoshi has stated before that his plans have changed and the story is now bigger than he originally planned
This isnt how things work tho. Just because the story becomes bigger the prologue becomes bigger. The story until the all might fight was clearly made to be the prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.