Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I think Ojiro almost comes with one of the surprisingly better anecdotes despite it being from a student who's regularly mocked for his forgettable normalcy; Deku raging for the sake of his friends has been a recurring trend ever since the Sports Festival and that was a formative moment for him, so much so that it was brought up again in the Joint Training Arc. You'd think that it being such a pivotal point would've made Ojiro kind of more of a presence, but even that feels like it's being approached a bit backwards right now. The framing is all off because it reads more as if it's there to remind Deku (and by extension the audience) about the event, despite it being a moment that Ojiro internalized enough that he relates to what Deku is feeling. Generally it comes across as a large consequence of the way Deku is written here, because this doesn't feel like a conversation that elucidates how much Deku matters to them, it feels like he's being listed off bullet points, so in context of the chapter itself, it feels more like "here's a did you know gaming fact: I was really moved by that". Tokoyami's is especially funny; "yeah I never thought about using Dark Shadow in this defensive way until you made that innocuous comment circa 270 chapters ago". Like, get outta here man, lmao.

The point isn't really lost of why they're doing this because I'm sure everyone "gets" that Deku was important to 1-A, and that from his perspective, there's probably a lot of unspoken memories there. But as the audience it's hard to feel particularly emotionally moved by what's being said here because it needs to rely on telling over showing, as well as the fact that the investment in 1-A's side cast has to be assumed at this junction because they didn't get as much glamor in the past. When you've already resigned to the fact that the protagonist is probably not going to be swayed by words in the last chapter it becomes self-evident that a proper conversation isn't really gonna happen until the leading protagonists/deuteragonists get involved, though I guess that's also why having the cliffhanger with Tsuyu feels all the more funny. It was only days ago when someone here brought up the fact that the anime filler episodes feel like they jockey for her disproportionate popularity compared to what she does in the manga, so there's a sense of irony of having her of all people get the big wham moment at the end despite us obviously knowing Deku has to square up against Bakugo/Iida/Ochaco.

I can't help but think the chapter would've flowed better if it had on Shoto instead of Tsu, hoping this isn't just it for him and he has some more interaction next chapter, especially since we never got to see how he feels about Deku hiding OFA from him.

i wonder how that will be adapted, will they just change it?

The Bakugou quote? No need to change it at all, "drawn differently" applies just as well to the anime 😂

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Stain kill All Might?

The red flag here is Deku saying his Spidey-sense wasn't tingling. Traitor going to reveal themselves and kill All Might.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

bM1A4de.jpg

Didn't notice till this Japanese artist pointed it out (need to stop speed reading so badly). Bakugo's arm still wrapped in bondage so he's not fully healed?

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Would you guys feel betrayed if All Might doesn't die?

Messi

Oct 25, 2017

bM1A4de.jpg

Didn't notice till this Japanese artist pointed it out (need to stop speed reading so badly). Bakugo's arm still wrapped in bondage so he's not fully healed?

Yup, which means it hasn't been that long or else Bakugo was majorly fucked up. But he was up and around in the hospital.

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
It explains why he didn't do much like fly to Deku and blast him other than so the rest of the students to have a friendship moment

I think Bakugo is being his usual brash mouthy self first. It won't work and then he'll extend the hand and tell Deku he needs help. I think that'd be a big moment for both.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter, not all of it lands, but it's still solid. (Fumikage saying he only began to use dark shadow defensively because of Deku is more than a bit silly.)

download.jpg

Big fan of Sero being able to counter black whip.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would you guys feel betrayed if All Might doesn't die?

No, mainly cuz it feels like it should've happened a long ass time ago (like the AfO fight, imagine if the "You're next" line was the final thing All Might said before kicking the bucket)

Now it's like, well, he's still alive, don't really mind if it stays that way tbh

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I was afraid when the vestiges were first revealed that it would be a way to kill off All Might while keeping him in the story, like Obi-Wan in the original Star Wars trilogy. It didn't happen though. We just have two All Mights instead, where one of them is always on fire.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't like the chapter at all. I think it's pretty stupid what is happening here (and Shoto, please, there are houses and all, stop the showing off ice show).

Anime was horrible. Beach episode immediately after christmas, huh? Not to mention nobody really kicking ass and instead we get the same material arts move again (and not something a bit more creative), but at least Ochako was able to use gravity on that airplane.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Does Gunhead Martial arts consist of one throw that you shout gunhead martial arts while doing

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
New MHA movie is looking good. Can't wait for the toys

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Deku literally saved her from Overhaul almost gave his life to do so and proved to her that she's not a mistake and a monster

I think she cares
Oh yeah sure but im talking that using Eri is not as big as it could be since she still has Mirio who was the bigger reason for saving her and who she spends most of her screentime with

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"Izuku starts keeping his distance even from All Might, remembering the fear he had when he learned of Nighteye's prediction of his death. He tells him that he can use One For All at 100% practically so he can stop worrying about him"

Why do i get the feeling something bad is going to happen to All-Might

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I was afraid when the vestiges were first revealed that it would be a way to kill off All Might while keeping him in the story, like Obi-Wan in the original Star Wars trilogy. It didn't happen though. We just have two All Mights instead, where one of them is always on fire.
You know All Might is totally going to die at some point, partially for that reason. There's going to be a big emotional moment where he dies and his Vestige fully forms inside Deku.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, All Might has more or less already died within the world, and I think keeping him around as is can lead to more interesting dynamics as Deku makes the same mistakes he did. Plus All For One saying he has no interest in All Might anymore has me feeling a bit safe with the idea that he won't die just for a cheap emotional moment.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see. Creati vs Creaty. Both are good imo but since these are ads, maybe they are not 100% accurate.

(Denki is known as Stun Gun Hero or Chargebolt but here it's written in Japanese Chargezuma?)

Anyway, some colors:

And the poster for upcoming Team Up Mission spinoff volume:

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
These are gonna be such hype slideshows in the anime.

Deku holding Shindo gonna be iconic.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
I miss Lady Nagant so much. Fuck UA. I want Nagant back.

Take me back. Take me baaaaaaack.

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, I see. Creati vs Creaty. Both are good imo but since these are ads, maybe they are not 100% accurate.

(Denki is known as Stun Gun Hero or Chargebolt but here it's written in Japanese Chargezuma?)

Anyway, some colors:

And the poster for upcoming Team Up Mission spinoff volume:

Can Momo's costume please be this instead? It looks way better, lol. Basically any version is an improvement from the original.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but if they nail the rest of this arc - Villain Hunt will be one of my favourite arcs in the series

Also

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but if they nail the rest of this arc - Villain Hunt will be one of my favourite arcs in the series

Same but it all depends on how it ends. I'm anxious ever since we jumped from 317 to UA kids...the fast pacing is throwing me off but no point in being worried about something that didn't happen yet.