Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I think Hori should write or just do art for Marvel for a little bit before he starts his next thing. Selfishly, I would love to see Hori doing art for ASM or USM

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Feels crazy that the battle is finally over, but I also appreciate it not getting dragged out. That said... on an immediate reaction way, that felt very mild and just not as exciting as the last two chapters or so. Just didn't hit me emotionally like I was hoping. I like the seemingly definitive end to All For One, but I'm shocked Shigaraki is gone too. That sucks for him and also feels unsatisfying from a character perspective. He got to "fight back," sure, that's great. But... just to vanish right after? Don't think I like that. And I wouldn't have minded him dying anyway, but it feels wrong how it's done so quickly like this.

I like that this part of the fight though, was a final rally of 1-A pushing Deku forward, each student getting a brief moment to contribute in a cool way. It reminds me of... I think movie 2, maybe? Or movie 1. But also Advent Children, lol. It's cool. Especially love Bakugo showing up in this chapter and telling Deku to not allow him to surpass him.

Hopefully the epilogue will last a while. Not quite ready to say goodbye just yet. 😭

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Since it's my birthday today, I'm allowing myself a little bit of self-promotion:

I had a dream last night where I used Git to affect the real world. For non-software developers, Git is a version control system to help coders collaborate. It keeps track of when new lines of code are added, who wrote it, and such and such, and lets you revert to any point in the project history.

Clearly I've been working too much, because in my dream I was using Git to manipulate real physical objects, going back in forth through time, and stuff like that. And then I woke up and thought "this batshit stupid idea is a great premise for a superhero story targeted at nerds. Git as a superpower".

Do I want to write it? I'm a mediocre writer, but kind of, yeah. It's really dumb, but it could be funny. Will I actually write it? No, not a chance.

And then my next thought was "You know what's a lot easier than writing an original story? Writing fan fiction. Also there's no pressure because no one expects it to be good. So what if Deku had a quirk, and his quirk was Git?"

So that's what I'm doing right now. I'm actually writing it. Why have I done this to myself? How did it come to this? 😆

I've actually started writing this story: git good. The premise is absurd, but it's been fun so far!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
That scene from Gran Torino will be one of the most devious set-ups I've ever seen in literature writing. Just what the fuck was that. How the least preferable outcome narratively, not morally and not ethically, but the option that was clearly being presented as the worse one was the one that we got in the optimistic superhero shonen. Why did we even spend all that time discoursing about villain rehabilitation lmao.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of the ending will be good.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
lmao Hori once again rushed the aftermath

also hilarious that people obsessed with that page Hori did of MIdoriya and Ochako and MIdoriya got nothing as we literally skipped over a few days, no one knows how Deku even got down

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
That scene from Gran Torino will be one of the most devious set-ups I've ever seen in literature writing. Just what the fuck was that. How the least preferable outcome narratively, not morally and not ethically, but the option that was clearly being presented as the worse one was the one that we got in the optimistic superhero shonen. Why did we even spend all that time discoursing about villain rehabilitation lmao.

Oh well, hopefully the rest of the ending will be good.
the other LoV members will probably be rehabilitate but yeah now that GT scene doesn't make sense because on one hand Deku didn't technically kill Shigaraki, nothing really came from his attempt to save him except almost losing his powers

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
the other LoV members will probably be rehabilitate but yeah now that GT scene doesn't make sense because on one hand Deku didn't technically kill Shigaraki, nothing really came from his attempt to save him except almost losing his powers
idk man, I can see Spinner being alive especially since we see his scales this chapter on a tray likely from their removal, but I think Toga and Dabi might just be dead. I honestly don't even know any more.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
idk man, I can see Spinner being alive especially since we see his scales this chapter on a tray likely from their removal, but I think Toga and Dabi might just be dead. I honestly don't even know any more.
the spinner panel is paired with the Ochako and Todoroki so we'll probably see the aftermath of those storylines, and I can't see one of them dying while the others survived or all of them dying, since those aren't really the notes to end those storylines

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Comment from Hori per Rukasu:

"Writing conventions say that the conclusion of a story should be short, but this is not the type of manga that can immediately end after the fighting is done, so I'll keep going for a little while. We're going back to the title"

So ten chapters left based on the volume?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Comment from Hori per Rukasu:

"Writing conventions say that the conclusion of a story should be short, but this is not the type of manga that can immediately end after the fighting is done, so I'll keep going for a little while. We're going back to the title"

So ten chapters left based on the volume?
Bro knows good and well he doesn't have a volumes worth of interesting content left

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
The fact that so many stories across all mediums tend to stop rather than end is one of my biggest media pet peeves.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think we necessarily need 10 chapter of wrap up - .maybe 5/6

There is also the possibility we will get an extra long final chapter

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Hori could easily dedicate an entire chapter to things like the Todoroki family, not to mention the plethora of side characters who will need definitive ends. Easy time skip final chapter too. Series has more than enough to pad out a few more chapters.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Like it can easily also be 2 chapters for those plotlines, 2 chapters for the Todoroki family, 2 chapters for Ochako Toga, 2 for the mutant plotline, and 2 chapters for Bakugo and Deku becoming pros or something

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
IMO the most important thing that needs to be covered in an epilogue arc is changes to hero society especially after Shiggy's odd conclusion

Can we all agree that All for One is one of the most shittiest modern Shonen Villains,Muzan was better
I'm not one of those people who thinks characters have to die for their to be good stakes but I still think it's crazy that he literally had zero hero kills in the final arc despite being present for like 20+ chapters lmao. Dude wasn't just a poor character, he was a genuine BUM

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Can we all agree that All for One is one of the most shittiest modern Shonen Villains,Muzan was better
Hori actually saved him at the end for me, I like afo for the most part now that I know what we were going for. Putting him up against bakugou was so good and I liked his stuff in the previous chapter. The Shiggy stuff sucked and the afo stuff was good for me. What universe am I in

Sep 5, 2021
I admit I'm curious, but does anyone here think that the final arc of Jujutsu Kaisen is much worse than the last arc of My Hero Academia?

In terms of story, use of characters and art, I think the ending of MHA is better than Jujutsu