diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
yeah this chapter is looking really freaking good. I expect next chapter to start building towards tenko's return. I assume the big parallel between Tenko and deku, "the words I wanted you to say" and their dream of being a hero will be used to bring him back. Now that deku is being shown as the pinnacle of heroism I expect him to somehow get through to Tenko with the same words all might used for him. Though I imagine it would be more like, "you can still be a hero", and it will be framed as the first actual choice Tenko ever made. Tenno Shimura: Rising 👀

You also have to wonder when Bakugou is appearing again 👀

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Honestly is hilarious how AFO has become so much of a loser that he can't even kill a single person here

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
All Might being the one to suggest the ejection seats is a nice bit of development for the guy who started the series saying "nothing is nobler than self sacrifice" lol

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
This chapter. Dang.

james-brown.gif

My boy Rody.

I'm pretty let down it looks like Uraraka is going to sit the finale out. If Bakugo shows up (he's going to obviously), it'll be a letdown that the main female protagonist/love interest misses out on the big finale while every other character like Shoto/Bakugo and Iida get to participate with horrible injuries.

That felt like the final hit but like others have said, he's going to bring Shigaraki back and they're probably going to double detroit smash him. I don't know how you bring him back when his body is possessed but I guess we'll see.

Curious how the world heroes will factor into this. Will they be the fodder to fight AFO while Shigaraki/Deku come to terms with each other?

Great chapter.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty let down it looks like Uraraka is going to sit the finale out. If Bakugo shows up (he's going to obviously), it'll be a letdown that the main female protagonist/love interest misses out on the big finale while every other character like Shoto/Bakugo and Iida get to participate with horrible injuries.
seems more like like set up for her to come since she's waking up this chapter and with Hawks line in 416 it's really likely that her and Toga are going to be involved in reaching out to Tenko

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
chapters like this make me realize mha is ending very soon, probably only one volume of chapters left. Fuck man the hole this one of gonna leave is gonna be immense for me.

But yeah I also think hori is moving the pieces into place to recreate that deku/Ochako art piece. They've both been through similar experiences and having them come back together after their talk at the start, a scene that has only grown is relevance, is gonna be emotional as hell

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I guess I could see a potential recreation of the robot exam ending where she saves Deku from falling. But could also see that juxtapositioned and have every single hero catch Deku as he falls. Like Bakugo, etc.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
Perfect "You Say Run" moment, this chapter.

Also you guys have really good ideas for bookends and it's a shame that Hori most likely isn't going to go for any of them.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Do you think Deku will be transported to Shigaraki/AFO's mindscape for the final battle
We're definitely heading into vestige shenanigans especially because you can see the effect on that final page when Deku's punch connects. An internal battle with Deku and Tenko vs AFO is like a pipe dream to me so I hope it does happen.

Also I hope we're all braced for Koichi appearing after that America scene. Hori making sure everyone is here.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Double post cause I didn't wanna post on a spoiler post, but the MHA skins are in the Fortnite now. Literally freaked out when scrolling through the item shop just now

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Season 7 is now currently being listed for 21 episodes so I guess those recaps really did count for the season

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Season 7 is now currently being listed for 21 episodes so I guess those recaps really did count for the season

Dang. I could definitely see this covering Shoto/Dabi Part 2 and Toga/Uraraka then. I was just expecting 13 episodes so they can hype up the final season with those and Bakugo/AFO/Deku/Shigaraki. No clue where this season ends with 21 episodes.

Next season will be so barren if it's just Deku vs AFO/Shigaraki and the ending.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's most likely still ending with Shigaraki regaining control of his body, that way season 8 can still be 2 cours with the 1st cour dealing with Dabi, Toga, and AFO

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
If we get All Might vs AFO and Bakugo vs AFO, shit I'll be hyped. Probably my favorite moments in this arc.

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
Dang. I could definitely see this covering Shoto/Dabi Part 2 and Toga/Uraraka then. I was just expecting 13 episodes so they can hype up the final season with those and Bakugo/AFO/Deku/Shigaraki. No clue where this season ends with 21 episodes.

Next season will be so barren if it's just Deku vs AFO/Shigaraki and the ending.
If they stick to the current pacing, I can see them ending it with All Might putting on the armour to face AFO. That will leave Shoto v Dabi round 2, the end of Uraraka v Toga, All Might / Bakugou v AFO, as well as the current fight, for the final season.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
That will leave Shoto v Dabi round 2, the end of Uraraka v Toga, All Might / Bakugou v AFO, as well as the current fight, for the final season.
I am 100% fine with this actually. It didn't sit right that these moments would potentially be separated by a season when we were first speculating where this would end. Every character arc climax back to back is gonna make next season potentially the best one if they can grand slam it. Peak MHA back to back to back

Last edited:

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
If they stick to the current pacing, I can see them ending it with All Might putting on the armour to face AFO. That will leave Shoto v Dabi round 2, the end of Uraraka v Toga, All Might / Bakugou v AFO, as well as the current fight, for the final season.

The armour reveal is a good season end. Get people talking.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Man. I think Star vs Shigaraki might be the one thing that I find really difficult to articulate my opinion on. I feel like many people are valid with their issues, yet I can't say I share the same opinions. I think hindsight has really helped the fight for me. Maybe it's how good the adaptation turned out lmao.

Edit: Rewatched the ep with an irl anime only friend and I just made a connection. The line from AFO at the end, "get out of here you corpse", is a super ironic line. Dude is trying to disregard the Star vestige yet this whole thing is about reclaiming his brother who he believes lives on in vestige form. The tunnel vision on AFO is crazy.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This chapter was Peak MHA, this final arc really turned Class A around for me cause I really love seeing everyone contribute in this final battle

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
in an ever-changing world, it's good to have familiar comforts

your mother's cooking

the smell of fresh cut grass

Kaminari being the lamest electricity user in shonen

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
GOAT chapter. Not me getting teary eyed. When they animate this to you say run it's gonna be amazing.

Mirko escaped and it seems Uraraka is done?

But where's my man. He has to be the final push, please 😭😭

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The anime better be playing the first OP during this chapter
Kaminari being the lamest electricity user in shonen
Oh right he's the only Class A student that hasn't contributed so far ( besides being a battery alongside background characters)
Mirko escaped and it seems Uraraka is done?
She ain't done, we see her waking up this chapter so her and Toga are most likely to be involved with the reaching out to Shigaraki part

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
This chapter most likely ends the volume so accounting the fact that final volumes can have more chapters, we probably have at most 15 to at minimum 10 chapters left

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The cheese factor is so high.

I love it. I love everything about this final battle, even the reveal the AfO was behind everything. Hori is cooking.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Don't care how cheesy it was, that was Grade A 100% Premium Good Shit. Love it.

Art was looking kinda rough, though. That'll probably get touched up for the volume.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I think this will be over by the end of September/October tbh. Depending on how many breaks Hori takes. There's really not much left in terms of plot now.

I'm wondering which finishes first: My Hero or JJK. Haha.
Final boss realistically should be dead like 2 chapters but that can always be contrived out
So maybe mha

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Hmm. You should probably spoiler tag that. Not everybody reads the JJK manga. ^

Last edited: