mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I'll never forgive Horikoshi for being a coward and not going with Momojiro. All that time hanging out in a background and being there for each other was for nothing.

I'll vomit when Momo is with Shoto in the time skip.

The only pairing I assume will happen that I want is Kirishima and Mina.
im gonna be honest, I really don't remember much of Jiro and Momo together lol

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Another fantastic chapter. The rushed pacing since the war be damned, and all the other disappointing stuff, Horikoshi's still doing a damn great job creating powerful emotional moments. And these chapter title reveals? Ahh, nothing quite like it. 😌

Oh and Momo finally made a railgun. Fuck yeah.

I see you bro, I appreciate you. 🥹

Surprised by Mina and Kaminari though? Or did you mean Kirishima? I'd be shocked (heh) if Kaminari and Jiro don't end up together, they've been pretty obvious with that.
I'll never forgive Horikoshi for being a coward and not going with Momojiro. All that time hanging out in a background and being there for each other was for nothing.

Tace pls. There's no way you actually think Mina Kam is a thing officially??

It's Momo Shoto, Kirishima Mina, Jiro Kam.

Nothing for the queers sadly :/. Not even Toga.
LOL yeah, I def meant Mina x Kirishima. I was tired yesterday

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
im gonna be honest, I really don't remember much of Jiro and Momo together lol

They are together almost every 1A scene in the dorms lol. Almost every time you see Momo... Jiro is there.

latest

Then there's the Horikoshi exhibition art that's definitely just gals being pals (almost everything from this exhibition has come through in the book)

E0jLIPBXoAEJcAU.jpg

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like next chapter might be a series defining one, and I know that's a lot after the MCs own rising chapter lol. I should go to sleep but I gotta be there when the spoilers hit. Feels like I might be at the point where I stay up for all of them till the end now.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I think the last chapter was the last one for Volume 41. I have a feeling 42 will be the final one in the series. We've joked about the series ending any moment now but it still feels surreal to actually witness its end

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Damn so we're gonna get a pretty length post-battle arc. Should at the very least be a satisfying epilogue but I am a bit sad for Deku that he is quirkless in the end

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
don't know how to feel about this chapter, Shigaraki decaying away to dust was always a option but doing his conclusion in just 2 pages just doesn't feel right, I was always expecting at least a scene where he reunited with his family

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
hmmmm, this is much more in line with what I originally thought would happen throughout the first half of this arc. It is odd that all the yapping in the chapter is about shigaraki with no mention of Tenko. But it would take a crazy twist to bounce back from this. This break is about to be especially brutal.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
hmmmm, this is much more in line with what I originally thought would happen throughout the first half of this arc. It is odd that all the yapping in the chapter is about shigaraki with no mention of Tenko. But it would take a crazy twist to bounce back from this. This break is about to be especially brutal.
the lack of Tenko is making me think there's like a 10% chance we are getting a he has reverted back into a child/baby ending

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
the lack of Tenko is making me think there's like a 10% chance we are getting a he has reverted back into a child/baby ending
there is still the overhaul quirk get out of jail free card that could fix this but I don't know if it can come back from a total dusting.

It does feel odd that after all of this shigaraki and Kurogiri are iced like this when hori has showed that the way their lives turned out what's totally out of their control. Feels cruel to off them like this even if they did accomplish significant things before their death. I'll have to wait and see, art was fantastic this week

Shirakumo seeming to genuienly want to help shigaraki is such a gut punch consider all they've been through.

Last edited:

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I've been thinking about the last chapter. I wonder if they will drag back the VAers for Melissa, Rody and the two kids just so they can say a single line in the booth? Lmao. I feel like that's something Bones would just skip over or redub them with a random VA on the cast.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I've been thinking about the last chapter. I wonder if they will drag back the VAers for Melissa, Rody and the two kids just so they can say a single line in the booth? Lmao. I feel like that's something Bones would just skip over or redub them with a random VA on the cast.
Japan don't play when it comes to their VAs, they'll bring them back.

Never forget that Captain Falcon's VA was brought back just to slurp noodles in the Min Min trailer.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Gonna be weird on reread when hori starts doing all the movie references and the next movie and maybe even the one after that, assuming there is one, have zero references. Maybe he'll be able to Trojan horse a reference to the upcoming movie before this is over

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Gonna be weird on reread when hori starts doing all the movie references and the next movie and maybe even the one after that, assuming there is one, have zero references. Maybe he'll be able to Trojan horse a reference to the upcoming movie before this is over

I was wondering this too. Have we potentially already seen the 4th movie protagonist side kick in a frame and not known? I doubt it but who knows with Hori.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if every LOV POV characters have really kicked the bucket so we can have a "they are happier in the afterlife" panel.
nah, they are probably all still alive.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
thinking about it more with how much this final battle has taken from FMA I'm fully leaning on Shigaraki having a similar ending as Pride from FMAB

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Another odd thing, where is the final "plus ultra"? We're really gonna end this without that after we did the "Go beyond" double spread? I'd lowkey be very disappointed if so because it's such a slam dunk thing to do on the final hit of the series.

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Another odd thing, where is he final "plus ultra"? We're really gonna end this without that after we did the "Go beyond" double spread? I'd lowkey be very disappointed if so because it's such a slam dunk thing to do on the final hit of the series.
yeah I was expecting Deku to at least do one United States of Smash Plus Ultra double page spread punch, this just feels anticlimactic

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
What an odd way to end the final battle. Really feels like Hori wants out, or at the very least, to get away from drawing fights.

Curious to see what league members survive. Remember, Dabi surviving would be nonsense y'all. He had no skin.

Rawky

Oct 26, 2017
So it's been implied that Deku is telling all of this as a story to somebody, right? What if he was able to grab enough bits of Shigaraki for Eri to rewind and he's been telling all of this to a reborn Tenko?
And then he tells Tenko that he too can be a hero and everybody lives happily ever after.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
So it's been implied that Deku is telling all of this as a story to somebody, right? What if he was able to grab enough bits of Shigaraki for Eri to rewind and he's been telling all of this to a reborn Tenko?
And then he tells Tenko that he too can be a hero and everybody lives happily ever after.
there's the reconstruction side of his quirk that was established a few chapters ago so Eri is probably not needed for that type of ending

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Hori had one last bum rush to the end. Lmao. That wasnt particularly satisfying of an ending for AFO and Shigaraki. Quirkless Deku sucks too. I hope that's not the end of hero Deku.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the fight against AfO (the one with Endeavor, All Might (main highlight), Bakugo, etc.)

was a million times better than the supposed most important climatic fight that is Deku vs. Shiggy. Also loved how predictably the whole fight was dull af due to Hori having to work around Shiggy's broken Decay quirk.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I like how the fight against AfO (the one with Endeavor, All Might (main highlight), Bakugo, etc.)

was a million times better than the supposed most important climatic fight that is Deku vs. Shiggy. Also loved how predictably the whole fight was dull af due to Hori having to work around Shiggy's broken Decay quirk.
Wrote himself into a corner years ago. I hope there's something more after this chapter, cuz this ain't it.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022

Tace pls. There's no way you actually think Mina Kam is a thing officially??

It's Momo Shoto, Kirishima Mina, Jiro Kam.

Nothing for the queers sadly :/. Not even Toga.
I genuinely don't think those first two are real ships compared to the last.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
how is he going to use his quirk if he's completely dusted
it could probably be explained away with it awakening near death, the whole bad guy getting dusted and coming back as a child/baby is a trope I've seen in plenty of shows which is part of the reason I currently see it going there